Free Samples with Purchase

Open

Identical in layout to Western wing, the Eastern wing houses many popular clothing and gadget stores such as Old Navy, Wet Seal, H&M, Bath & BodyWorks, The Sharper Image, and Gamestop. The anchors on the East end of the mall are JC Penney and Nordstrom.
MrMissMrs Random†

Free Samples with Purchase

Post by MrMissMrs Random† »

(Rosemary Michaels continued from Touch, Pause, Disengage)

I don't understand why why can't just get soap at the drugstore... Rosemary thought glumly as she walked through the heavily scented entrance to Bath and Body Works.  Her mother had given her errands all this week as they were expecting company on Saturday. A few relatives from California that thankfully would be staying in a nearby hotel. The girl never knew why her mom would make such a fuss over family coming. Sure, they didn't have as big a house as they used to, but they didn't really need anymore room since Ryan died.

Rosemary felt her stomach do a flip flop at that last thought. It was true, but how could she say think that so nonchalantly?

Maybe she'd just moved on from the grief, or it was because she never really talked about it. Ever since they moved Rosemary had never told anyone about her brother, it was such an awkward thing, and it could make people feel sorry for her. She didn't need that.

Back to the business at hand, Rosemary began to rummage through hr bag to find the envelope of a couple of bills her mom had given her to pay for the unecessary knick knacks that were supposed to make their home more "homey", if that was even a real word.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler MrMissMrs Random. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Riki

Post by Riki »

[Aileen Aurora Abdallah: PreGame Start]

"Out of my way!"

The strong voice shocked the peasants, who could be so loud? The answer followed promptly, when Aileen stormed her way through the masses, just like a salmon fighting its way to the source of his river. Then, said salmon would lay his eggs, unless it got caught by a predator. Alas, the poor fish would die nonetheless after all the exhausting work. Either way, after managing to get into the beauty store, Aileen was sure she heard a couple of profanities on her way, she had to stand still and think what she wanted to get here.

A list. She made a list. Quickly starting to search her pockets for some piece of paper, Aileen walked some steps. Unfortunaly, she found nothing. Frustrated, she leaned against a while and after a few seconds, suddenly felt an itch on her left arm. The brunette girl subconsciously started to lift her sleeve and scratched the area.

HAIR SHAMPOO IMPORTANT!!!

This big black latters were written with permanent marker on her arm. Aileen briefly looked at it and a short chuckling noise escaped her, stating her satisfaction.

There it is!

The next problem rose up. Where was the shampoo? Looking around, Aileen spotted a girl in her age group. Maybe she knows where the wanted product is? Aileen was in a hurry, but there was no need to avoid conversation. With a rolled-up sleeve, Aileen walked towards this person with big steps, showing the words on her arm.

"Woman, where is this?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Paris Ardennes continued from King of Limbs))

Paris stood in the Bath and Body Works rolling a bottle of lotion over in his hands. He looked at the pink bottle in a contemplative fashion. He opened the cap and smelled it. It was floral. When he'd entered there had been a dead-eyed boyfriend being dragged around the store, but now Paris was far and away the only male there. Upon entering he had to take a minute to recall whether or not they even had men's products upon seeing the mostly female cliental. He still wasn't sure. Maybe they did? He wasn't there to shop for himself, so he hadn't bothered to look.

It was going to be his mother's birthday soon and he had to make sure he picked a nice gift for her. He knew she frequented this store and had smelled some of her lotions before but it had to be more special than just what she'd normally buy anyway. Maybe one of the spa packages? Oh, but he didn't like pre-made gift packages. They screamed of someone lazily grabbing the gift basket, and while he wasn't opposed to it in certain situations, this was his mother. She deserved something special.

A voice nearby boomed rather brusquely, yelling for people to get out of the way. Paris pushed his sunglasses up to rest on his head. He spotted Rosemary was in the shop.

"Hmmm"

He'd say hello. Maybe she could help him choose a gift. Paris sauntered over.

"Afternoon, Ros-"

Suddenly some girl was screaming at them. Well, at Rosemary, rather. This was not good. He needed Rosemary's help and this was not aligned to his aims. Paris blinked in shock for a few seconds before running his hand through his dark wavy hair and smiling at the unknown loud girl.

"There's no need to yell, the shop is fairly small," he said with a little wave around the store. "I can't be sure, but I don't think Rosemary," he said, motioning to her but still looking calmly at the new girl, "works here. I can tell by the look of you that you are very intelligent indeed, so I know you'll see the logic where asking an employee might get you a faster and more accurate reply of course? If you're going to do something, you do it correctly. Don't you agree?"
MrMissMrs Random†

Rosemary jumped and let out a small yelp when a girl around her age rushed next to her and started waving her arm in her face. She could read the bold print on the girl's arm but had no idea to reply. She hardly ever went into this store...

"U-uh, I..." The girl tried to talk but felt herself paralyzed. She was so overpowering in her stance and voice. Rosemary felt scared. Will she yell at me if I say no?

"There's no need to yell, the shop is fairly small,"

Rosemary turned to find a person she did not expect ever to meet on her trip for soap, yet with the slightly manic girl talking to her they were a godsend.

"Paris..."  She let out like a sigh of relief. He can help her I'm sure.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler MrMissMrs Random. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Shifting her eyes from the girl, Aileen noticed a boy standing near. Aileen touched her sun glasses and moved them up a little to grasp a better view on tha t guy. Somewhere in her mind, Aileen knew who this guy was. London, Paris, Vienna, some capital as a given name. Ardennes, the surname, however, was still saved in her memories. Once he spoke, his words caused a chain of feeling within the loud woman.

"There's no need to yell, the shop is fairly small"

So what? I try to make myself clear.

"I can't be sure, but I don't think Rosemary works here."

She still can try to help me...

"I can tell by the look of you that you are very intelligent indeed"

...yes, indeed.

"So I know you'll see the logic where asking an employee might get you a faster and more accurate reply of course? If you're going to do something, you do it correctly. Don't you agree?"

Aileen put her glasses back on her eyes. It was true. The logic was correct. After thinking for a few seconds, scratching her back meanwhile, she pointed at the boy.

"Good point. But it's so tragic." Dramatic pause. "There are no employees around here" Disregarding the one standing two and a half dozen feet in front of Aileen. "And so I was forced to ask this girl." This time, her finger pointed at the girl she was yelling at.

Of course, Aileen was aware of the employees, but she didn't wanted to lose her face before the two teenagers. Not after the guy told her to look after a clerk. It would have looked to stupid to not do so. With a swift turn, she was not longer facing them both.

"Then I shall seek the product I am in need of"

Walking away to another shelf, Aileen chided herself. It was a shame for her to being put in her own place so easily.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

((Darren Fox continued from Par Course))

This is the trouble with buying gifts for siblings who don't live with you; you don't know what kind of gifts they'd actually like.

Darren sighed and stuck his hands in his jeans' pockets. It was going to be his sister Rachael's thirtieth birthday in just a couple of days, and he wasn't entirely sure what kind of present to get for her. Any other birthday, and Darren would have been content to just get her a card - usually a humorous one - to mark the occasion. But, seeing as her birthday was quite the milestone, it seemed only right to buy something else for her in addition to the usual card. But what?

He'd asked his parents for advice, and had been told that Rachael would love something that was either related to baking, or something scented. He'd also got in touch with his other siblings to find out what they were buying her, so as to avoid the embarrassment of purchasing something identical. As he found out, Isabella was getting Rachael a trendy-looking cupcake stand, while Harry was - for whatever reason - getting her a pack of alcopops. Probably would prefer to drink them himself.

That was how Darren came to be walking towards Bath and Body Works in the Lone Pine Mall. He'd been to the store before, so knew first hand that the place had lots of different products in various fragrances designed to please almost everyone. Not to mention, though he would never admit it to anyone, some of the products actually smelled pretty damn nice. Heh, next thing you know you'll be here buying something for yourself.

Darren just shook his head at the thought and approached the entrance to the store. He thought he just heard a loud voice coming from inside, but dismissed it, thinking his mind was playing tricks on him - there was a substantial amount of noise inside the main foyer coming from the other patrons, so he saw how that could have happened. He walked inside the shop, immediately glancing over to the right at a shelf chock full of colorful bottles and dispensers. Turning to survey the rest of the shop, he could see a few people about his age, though he was unsure if any of them went to Aurora. Great. Well, if any of them ask, you're just getting something for your sister.

He made his way to a nearby table display and picked up tester bottle containing a hand lotion labelled 'Moonlight Path'. "Okay, last time I checked, moonlight didn't even have a scent, how does that even work?" Darren spoke to nobody in particular, scratching his head.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"I hope you find what you're looking for," he called after the girl.  It was him and Rosemary again now. He blinked for a moment, then laughed.

"Oh goodness," he said as the laugh trailed off. "How are you, Rosemary?"

Another boy walked into the store. He recognized the kid from school. He looked lost as well, which seemed to be characteristic of males walking into the shop. They were confused or bored. Luckily for Paris he managed to snag himself someone who might be more knowable than him in these sorts of matters and who now felt indebted to him for swopping in.

"Maybe you can give me a hand. I'm looking for a present for my mom's birthday and I'm afraid I'm totally lost with all this stuff," he said bashfully rubbing the back of his neck. "If I was left to my own devices I'm sure I'd come back with five bottles of foot cream or something."
MrMissMrs Random†

Rosemary exhaled as the girl went to find an actual employee. She didn't know how she would've reacted to her otherwise if Paris hadn't been there. No, I probably would've run out of the store in fear... and then she possibly would've chased me.

The girl held back a slight shiver at that thought to answer her savior's question. "I'm doing well. Just getting some toiletries. Relatives are coming over and want to make the place nice, all that."

Before she could ask about Paris himself the boy asked for a favor. Though he was much kinder (or at least much more sane) about his question for her assistance Rosemary felt a slight tinge of irony to the situation. Paris had helped her out so he could get something in return. Very practical.

"I don't really know much about these sorts of things..." She answered truthfully. "But, maybe look at things that could help her relax? Stuff like bubble bath salts and maybe a candle that has a scent she likes. A-and as you stated before it probably be better to ask an employee about this, not to say I'm not happy that you asked for my input or anything-!"

Hello, mouth. Remember foot? The girl thought cynically.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Why is it so hard to find something as simple as hair shampoo. It's not like it is supposed to be some super secret cosmetic secret. Aileen swiftly scanned the shelves. Finally, after crossing the same one for the second time, she noticed a purple package with a strand of hair as a motive. Relief filled Aileen. For a moment, she regretted to go for herself, insteadt of sending her mother as usual, but now she managed to find what she wanted. Even without to ask a clerk.

Looking at the diverse packages, featuring exotic fruits, flowers and... moonlight? How does that even smell? Maybe it is a flowery description for the light emmited by butts? No, that's to silly. The brown-clad woman continued to think. It is probably something absolutely weird like freshly cut kittens. Out of curiousity, Aileen was about to take that one, but then noticed the little sentence fragment "for normal hair". Growling to show her disappointment, Aileen shifted her eyes around to find a version for thick hair. She eventually found it. It was near the normal version, just a few inches lower.

Just as she was picking the desired product, Aileen heard a voice nearby. Turning her head to check who it is. The guy seemed familiar, but Aileen wasn't able to put her finger on it. He spoke with himself, wondering what scent moonlight has. To answer him, Aileen shouted:

"Smells like freshly cut kitten!"

With that done, Aileen now looked at the girl she was asking for help again. The guy seemed to have the same proble- what a sly dog. Sending Aileen away so he can have the girl's help just for himself. How awfully rude. Obviously, he needed a lesson in proper behaviour. But not now, Aileen needed to plan something. Before that, she needed his name. It would be very practical.

"Hey, you both overthere." She yelled at them. "What're your names?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

What... the-did I just hear right?

It actually took Darren a couple of seconds to realize the girl's shouting was directed at him and his question. He looked up and blinked a couple of times, raising an eyebrow in response to the girl and her rather strange reply. "Freshly... cut... kittens?" he repeated, then shook his head and lowered his voice. "Well then, that's, uh, kinda morbid."

Darren flipped open the cap of the tester bottle and, after a moment's hesitation, had a smell of the hand lotion. "Hm, smells pretty good actually," he remarked, taking another sniff. Definitely doesn't smell like mutilated cats... ew, I'm going to be reminded of that now. Damn, can't get this one then. Thanks a lot. He looked up at Aileen - who was now busy badgering the two other teens in the store (at least she's not bothering me anymore) - and put the tester back on the stall. Having been distracted by the shouting girl, however, he didn't put the tester back properly and it fell off, knocking a couple of body cream tubes and body lotion bottles to the floor as it did. "Oh no, no, no..."

Darren quickly ducked down and began hastily picking the fallen merchandise, feeling his face flash and grow hot. Dammit, why do I keep doing things like this?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"That's very hospitable of you. Family is very important," he said and leaned against one of the display tables. "I've always been envious of people with big families."

His stance was casual and friendly. Paris appeared to be having a good time chatting. Rosemary suggested something for relaxation. He playfully bumped his hand into his forehead.

"Of course. That's a good idea. Something to show that appreciate her hard work and that she should relax! True, I could have asked an employee like I suggested of.....loud girl," he said, searching for a correct and not too offensive descriptor, "but you know it's their job to sell things. I'm sure they'd just hand me things and tell me to buy them. Or maybe hand me the most expensive thing in the store. 'We promise, your mother really needs this $100 face cream the size of a thimble,'" he said with a laugh. "But bath things sound like a good choice. I'm a guy so baths don't really come to mind too quickly for me"

And then from somewhere in the store he heard the girl yell something about cut up kittens. It looked like she was talking at some kid from school. A quick assessment lead Paris to believe that this was not their problem. He turned back to Rosemary.

"So anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it. I'm kindda hungry and was planning to go to the pretzel stand for a snack before I head home. If you-"

And then the girl from before was suddenly back in their faces, yelling at them. Looked like their other classmate got off lucky.

"I only have a name for those who ask politely," he said with a good natured smile.
MrMissMrs Random†

Freshly cut kitten? Rosemary thought to herself with a bit of surprise at what the loud girl said, but decided to ignore it and not look in the direction of the noise, though she felt sorry for the person who was now having to listen to her.

The girl let out a small laugh. "Yeah. They would recommend anything that could get them more revenue..."

Paris seemed to be having a good time talking to her. But then again, maybe it was because she gave him an idea and he was humoring her or something. That was what she thought until the boy started to say something about pretzels. Is he about to ask me-

"Hey, you both overthere."

Before Paris could finish his invitation the loud girl began to talk to them again. Rosemary was starting to feel a little aggravated at this person's antics. That and she still hadn't found that hand soap.

"Tell us your name first." Rosemary mumbled.
Riki

Post by Riki »

How unpolite the youth today is.

A loud sound. Something fell on the floor.

And so clumsy....

Aileen was quite angry. At first, that guy shooed her away, just so he could have that girl's help alone for him. And now he even dared not to answer her question. He really needed someone to scold him in a memorable fashion. Then again, it is understable if he really wanted to know Aileen's name. Also, it's hard to say "no" to such a friendly smile. Taking her sun glasses off, Aileen began to spoke.

"Of course, my name is Aileen Aurora Abdallah. Visiting Aurora High School, senior grade. I am, humbly said, one of the greatest minds in school."

She stepped a few steps closer to the guy.

"It is a miracle you never heard of me. I am one of the best students this year, and... on of the hottest."

She put the sun glasses on.

"So, what are your names?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
JackRose†

Post by JackRose† »

[Nathaniel Fergus, first thread]

Clutching his list in one hand, Nathaniel stepped into the Bath and Body Works store.  Rose water, he read, the first item on the list.  "Eau de rose," he murmured under his breath, doing his best to imitate Dominique's accent.  He glanced around for where it, and the other items on his list, might be found.  It would be easier, he supposed, to just ask an employee, but they might be curious as to why he wanted such a specific set of items, and "Because my girlfriend's in France, but we figure that if we take a bath with all the same scents at the same time, it will be almost like we're together," was not the start to a conversation that he wanted to have.

As he glanced about, he winced at the loud voice of the dark-haired girl.  He glanced at her, and then quickly away.  The last thing he wanted right now was that... substantial personality to be focused on him.  Then, despite himself, he had to turn back at her introduction. She certainly didn't lack for confidence.

Turning away again, he sought he saw a bottle with the image of a rose on it rolling across the floor. He stooped down, which had the dual benefit of bringing him close enough to examine the bottle more ably, and reducing his substantial profile to make him less noticeable.  "Ah, damn, rose scented body lotion." He glanced at the other boy who was down on the floor, who, by the way he was frantically picking up the bottles, and by his lack of any sort of employee uniform, must probably have been the one to knock them over.  Given the blush on his face, he was fairly self conscious about it.  Nathaniel felt his sympathy go out to the boy- he certainly sympathized with a certain discomfort in embarassing situations.  It didn't hurt that the other was a fellow ginger, and had probably had to deal with [he particular set of so called jokes that that implied.  "Here," he said, picking up a few more bottles and setting them on the display they seemed to belong to.  "Let me help you with that."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JackRose. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

Darren was thankful that none of the tubes or bottles had popped open when they hit the floor, and that none of their contents had spilled out all over the place. While trying to reach a body cream tube that had rolled under the table display, he could hear the loud girl speaking again, introducing herself in a rather... self-centered fashion. Wow, is she actually for real?

Shaking his head, Darren decided to completely ignore Aurora and not say anything in response; he didn't much care for people with her attitude, and he sure didn't want to attract her attention. Besides, he had his own problem to deal with, namely gathering the last couple of bottles he'd knocked over. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd noticed another person heading his way, and looking up he saw another red-haired guy holding one of those bottles, presumably having come over to help him clear things up.

"Oh, thanks, thanks a lot," Darren replied to the guy, keeping his voice down so that Aurora wouldn't hear him. While still kneeling on the floor, he started putting back the bottles and tubes he'd already picked up, ensuring they all faced the front and sat neatly on the display. While he was at it, he turned some of the nearby containers round the right way as well, just to make the whole row of products look neater and more presentable. There, that's looking a lot better.

Darren got back to his feet, careful not to bump the table and accidentally send more merchandise tumbling down, undoing all his handiwork. "I dunno about you," he spoke in a hushed voice as he turned to face the other male, "but I just want to buy something and not have to deal with that girl over there."

Return to “Eastern End”