Early Morning in the Garden of Good and Evil

Open

The most easily recognizable of the three buildings that make up the housing block and also the only pre-existing building. The hunting cabin is just that, a hunting cabin that has been converted to act as accommodation to the staff of the asylum. Originally built a decade after the original house was to give the owners a place to stay on hunting trips to save on travel back and forth because of this much of the decor is very old-fashioned. Three of the four rooms on the top floor were already bedrooms and one room on the ground floor was converted to give a total of four. Aside from that the wooden construction of the cabin has held up very well and the interior design is still intact. A large open plan living room and kitchen contains a large fire place and a tiger skin rug on the floor, in the middle of the room is a wide staircase that leads up to the second floor which itself overlooks the living area. Despite being a hunting cabin there's a lack of trophies on the wall, this is most likely due to the island being unable to sustain a population of big game.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah was content to sit around and kiki with the girls until Rip van Winkle decided to join them, but Blair brought up a harsh point. They might not find Sandra, and they'd have to be ready to move on. Mentally, Noah was prepared to nope that thought right the fuck out the back door. Even more worrying was the idea that Sandra might not have even been there when they left their campsite. Noah now struggled to think about if he even saw Sandra there a while ago. Was he that panicked that he carelessly forgot a friend?

Noah shook his head. Before he could respond, the other guy appeared, looked at the group, then ran away. Noah wanted to call out, but the guy was gone before he could say anything.

"Okay..." was all he managed.

He then turned back to Blair.

"Right. I don't necessarily believe we can't find Sandra. I guess we'll know tomorrow if she made it out of the zone or not. But still, we need to think about what we should do next. Like, I want this cabin, but others will come to it since it's shelter. Likewise, we should have an idea if we do get separated when we run out again."

"So. Any ideas? Floor's open."
Aura

Post by Aura »

Rene watched Sleepyhead rise from his slumber.  She also watched him walk right past them and out of the cabin, eyes lingering on the door for a few moments after he was out of sight.  She had no explanation for this, nor any clue what Sleepyhead's own reasoning could be.  At a loss for words, she did her best to noiselessly react to whatever had just unfolded.  She pointed a finger towards the door of the cabin and turned her head back to Noah and Blair with a look of very justified confusion and a thought process to match.

This is a weird day.

Awkward silence followed as Rene's eyes moved from Blair, to Noah, and back and forth once more while she tried to think of something to say.  Noah had already laid out a couple of options, but Rene hadn't really thought of anything else to bring to the table.  She had a feeling that the others were expecting her to say something, so she decided to just say the first thing that came to mind.

"Uh... shit."

Wonderful.  Thought-provoking.

Once she was done mentally berating herself, she shook it off and tried again.  "I mean... yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind staying around here for a little while.  If we have a plan for it, I mean."
Espi

Post by Espi »

Well. That guy existed. And, as Blair was reminded in an unexpected pang of realism and regretting her snide nature, would not continue to exist for very long.

But whatever. He wasn't a concern. Sandra, though...Blair wasn't too upset about Sandra. Poor Noah looked so worried, though, that she had to throw him a bone.

"Hey, look. If we stay here and Sandra was following us, it's more likely she'll find us. Other people too, but like you said, they'll be looking for shelter, right? Not murder. We'll be safe for today, I think. Besides, if we don't know what's up with Sandra tomorrow, we can look by the south shore from last night. She might go back for something or, I dunno, to find us too."

Blair reached over to pat Noah reassuringly. "We'll be okay. Don't worry, dude." She grinned wryly, then pulled her hand back as she started coughing vigorously. Another grim reminder that for her, the time left was short in more than one way.

Clearing her throat of the phlegm, Blair moved into the room and flopped onto the bed. It was not especially comfortable, but whatever. A bed was a bed. "So, you wanna set up camp here for the day? We can look tomorrow. And I'm tired." With that, Blair stretched out onto the bed and yawned.

((Blair Moore continued in Let's Awaken, By the Day))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah had to feel some relief knowing that they could stay in the cabin for the day and wait for Sandra. The cabin was a good location, and it would be notable enough for Sandra to find if she was still in the area. And Blair had a good idea about searching the southern area tomorrow if it was cleared to travel through again.

"Alright, that works for me," Noah said. "Let's camp here today, and look around tomorrow."

Blair was ready to take a nap. Noah picked up Sawlaska and walked towards the entrance.

"I'll stand guard at the entrance in case Sandra comes by," he told the girls. "I'll come in when I'm ready to take a break."

Noah opened the door and stepped outside. He closed the door and leaned against it. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay. Come on, Sandra Dee. Come on home."

Noah leaned against the door and began to hum "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee" to himself. Sandra would probably enjoy the joke.

((Noah Whitley continued elsewhere))
Aura

Post by Aura »

So it was decided.  For the time being, they would set up shop at the cabin and see if Sandra showed up anytime soon.  This was fine by Rene.  At least if they stick around this somewhat decently-furnished cabin, there was a chance that Rene would actually be able to sleep in a bed, or at least maybe a chair.  Plus, they had some shelter from the weather, the sun, and, well... the rest of the island, really.  No complaints about that.

Rene gave a thumbs-up to Noah as he headed out to take watch.  She realized that with this plan in place, she suddenly had a wealth of free time and no predetermined way to spend it.  She walked around the cabin for a few minutes, not really sure what to do with herself while she waited for an update from Noah.  All things considered, it was pretty damn boring.  She had never realized before just how easily she got bored when there was nothing to do.

She walked into the bedroom and nodded to Blair before slowly lowering herself into a chair, remembering Blair's earlier explanation of what happened when she sat in one of the chairs.  Once Rene was settled and the chair had remained intact, she tapped her fingers on the armrest and looked around the room.  Just like the rest of the cabin, it was old and dusty, and if Rene's instincts were right, there were probably some spiders hidden away somewhere.  She rested her cheek in her hand and turned to face Blair.

"So hey, you ever wondered about Golden Corral?"

If she was going to be hanging around for a while, she might as well take the opportunity to try out some new material.

((Rene Wolfe continued in Let's Awaken, By The Day))

Return to “The Hunting Cabin”