The Labyrinth

Open to anyone

What castle would be complete without a maze? The sturdy, eight foot tall maze walls are air brushed with a continuous mural depicting creeping ivy, climbing roses, honeysuckle, and morning glories in various stages of bloom. Don’t let the beauty lull you since you never know when you’ll come face to face with the infamous Minotaur statue. Lookout towers are located at the corners to help guests navigate the myriad twists, turns, and dead ends. Only the best and brightest can conquer the maze by punching their traveler’s card in the correct order.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Nina nodded. She was glad that the group had managed to come up with a plan; she wished she'd done a little more, though.

"Okay, that's a good plan." Nina said approvingly of Sophie. "Okay, let me know if I go too fast, or if you miss a turn I take.

"Now, let's go!" Nina said, and with one last gaze at the maze, she broke into a light jog down the steps and through the path.

She stopped as soon as she reached the first turn. She tapped her foot, waiting for the other two.
DGib123†

Post by DGib123† »

Although Sophie's plan seemed logical, the walking sideways part wasn't going to do Ray any favors. Still, he wanted to help in some way and this had provided that opportunity; even if was going to make him seem foolish. It also didn't help the fact that Sophie was demonstrating the whole walking thing to him.

Count on me getting the job of looking stupid. At least it's something easy. I mean, I couldn't possibly make walking sideways complicated. Well now that I'm thinking it over...

Ray looked down at the maze again, waiting for Nina to lead the way saying "Alright Nina, let's get this little adventure started and over with already. I don't really enjoy high places."

Please, Please, Please don't make us run into any more people. My pride is already damaged enough as it is.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler DGib123. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

And they were off! Sophie followed after Nina as they went down the first hall of the maze. Sophie was certain Ray was close behind, doing the arm thing to keep them pointed to the wall. Nina stopped at the first turn, allowing Sophie to catch up.

"Okay! First turn! We can do this!" shouted Sophie.

Sophie chuckled and waited for Nina to decide which direction for them to take.
Espi

Post by Espi »

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. Threads upheld: 1))

Nina turned around. The other two had followed her, and were now standing still. Nina nodded, glad she'd been elected leader (she tried to hide a smile) and looked back at the path.

"Okay guys, I think we go...left?" Nina realized, with clenched teeth, she'd gotten distracted, and wasn't sure where to go.

"No!" She cried suddenly, with realization. "We go right, because it's right, left, right."

Glancing around the turn, Nina was pleased to note that the path was definitely the one she'd seen; long and narrow with several branches.

"Okay, take the...second left, yeah!" Nina was pleased with her recovery. "Guys, I think I've got the path memorized. If we take the second left, then the third right, we're outta here!" Nina squinted; maybe she was just in a shade, but she wondered if the light was starting to go.

"We oughta hurry. Let's go this way!" With a beckoning gesture, Nina turned and walked briskly down the left passage.
DGib123†

Post by DGib123† »

Nina had taken the lead, followed by Sophie, with Ray at the end. Due to how narrow the path was, they had to walk in a straight line until they reached the first turn. Ray kept his arm close to his chest but had his hand outstretched, walking sideways as planned. He was glad for the shade, as the light was only making him uncomfortable because of its heat. Nina had seemed unsure of herself, even though she quickly recovered. Ray just hoped she knew where she was going, and didn't get them lost again. He also felt like the third wheel in this group pairing, even if Sophie and Nina hadn't noticed.

With Nina's leadership skills and Sophie's planning, I'm like the third wheel in this little group we have. How is it that I go from trying to help them to them being my rescue so quickly? Ray, you are pathetic. Just pathetic..
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler DGib123. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie kept close to Nina. Nina was trying to remember the directions she had memorized from the tower, so Sophie trusted her to get them out. She turned back and saw that Ray was still keeping up with the hand idea she had.

"Great job, Ray! You're awesome!" she said, raising both her thumbs and grinning at him.

Nina figured out the next way for them to go and directed where they should go.

"Alright! We can do this!" she shouted, raising her fists in the air and following Nina.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Nina smiled as the other two followed her. Her plan seemed to be working, which was excellent.

As she turned down the left path, Nina glanced back at the other two. "This way; I remember, it's the third right here!" With a toss of her head, Nina trotted swiftly down the corridor.

Remembering all the craziness they'd gone through, Nina closed her eyes in reminiscence, before opening them (she was running; not the time to blind yourself!) and seeing the third right.

Moment of truth...Nina peeked around the corridor...
The exit loomed in front of them, with a large red sign reading, "CONGRATULATIONS." Nina felt the warmth of triumph; with the help of her new friends, Nina had gotten them out of the Maze!

"Yes!" She shouted with a fist pump and a wide grin, and looked back to see Ray and Sophie's faces. "You guys, we did it!"
DGib123†

Post by DGib123† »

"Great job, Ray! You're awesome!" Sophie had said to him, with two thumbs up and a grin.

"Thanks," Ray replied shyly, keeping up his pace.

Sophie's pretty nice but... If only I could be awesome for real. Instead, I'm jumping sideways like a baffoon. And I'm sweating... And I'm tired... We gotta get outta here soon... like now

As they reached their first turn, he hoped Nina would take it and that she hadn't forgot which way to go. Last thing he wanted to do was to question her, as he figured she liked being in control. Plus, he wasn't too sure of himself anyways to cause any kind of confrontation so he hoped Sophia would correct her if she did mess up. Fortunately, Nina had known where she was going and took the correct turn. They was closer to the exit, and Ray sighed in relief as he was more than just ready to get out of this maze.

Thank God, we're about to get out of here. BUT WHY IS SHE RUNNING NOW?! Either she wants to get out of this maze a lot more than Sophie and I do, or she's trying to give me some sort of heart attack and work me to death. Either ways, I guess I'd be out the maze.

Ray dropped his arm, and ran following behind Sophie and Nina. If Nina had gotten them lost again, they would all be in trouble as Sophie's plan was no longer in effect. Taking the final turn, Ray glanced foward and noticed a large sign in front of them.

The damn exit!!!

As they approached the sign, he slowed down, trying to catch his breath. He was not in the right shape for all this running, and placed his hands on his knees breathing heavily.

"Yes! You guys, we did it!" Nina had said looking back towards them.

"That's great," Ray said exhausted.

No, that's really great. Now that this little adventure is over, I need to sit down before I pass out. How Sophie and Nina aren't showing any exhaustion right now proves one or two things. Either they are both pretty super powerful creatures from another planet or most likely I'm just that weak and pathetic. I'm gonna go with the latter.

Ray found a spot near the exit, at a close corner to a wall and sat down. He closed his eyes for a second, and placed his head back until he felt good again.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Don't stop us now! We're having such a good time! We're having a ball! Don't stop us now! If you wanna have a good time, just give us a call! Don't stop us now! Don't stop us now! We don't want to stop at all!

Sophie continued to chuckle as she followed Nina. Everything seemed to be falling into place. The three of them had a good dynamic, and it seemed like they were going to get out soon.

Don't stop us! Don't stop us! Don't stop us! Ooh ooh ooh! OH YEAH!!!!

Sophie followed Nina and soon came face to face with the exit of the maze. Sophie then ran out of the maze and twirled in place.

"We did it! Yes!" she shouted.

She stopped twirling and saw Ray sitting down. He must have been tired. She didn't find herself that exhausted, despite all the shouting and running. Must have been the dance classes.

"Well guys, that was a fantastic trip through the maze. Good job."

Sophie then froze.

"Hey, we didn't do the card thing you're supposed to do in the maze."

Sophie shrugged her shoulders.

"Eh, guess it doesn't matter. We got out, which is all that matters."
Espi

Post by Espi »

"Oh, right. Crap." Nina said as the other two came around the bend. Ray was sitting down in an exhausted position. Nina wondered if her "slower" pace hadn't been quite slow enough, and felt a little bad. Then Sophie brought up the card-punching thing, and she felt a little worse.

Nina was disappointed that she hadn't gotten everything she'd meant to do. She slouched slightly but stood up as she decided that it wasn't a big enough deal to get mopey about. "Who wants to go back and get those cards punched?" She joked with a smirk.

"But seriously, thanks, guys. It would've taken me way longer to get out of here without your help. Maybe," Nina smiled, "We can hang out later, when we aren't lost in a giant maze." She looked over at the other two.
DGib123†

Post by DGib123† »

Nice Ray, nice. Sitting over here acting like some old guy who just ran a marathon in front of these girls who aren't exhausted in the least is really going to boost your street-cred now.

Ray stood back up, finally able to breathe at a steady pace again. He wondered what was going to happen now that they were outside of the maze, and their little adventure had ended. He felt a bit disappointed in himself, as he didn't feel he added anything to the group in anyway.

"Who wants to go back and get those cards punched?" Nina had exclaimed, as he approached them.

Please tell me she's joking. Please...

Ray looked at Sophie, wondering if she had caught onto a joke or at least would say 'no'. He smiled shyly back at Nina, and when she smiled back he figured it was just a joke. He had to hold back a sigh of relief, not wanting them to know that he didn't want to go back in again.

"But seriously, thanks, guys. It would've taken me way longer to get out of here without your help. Maybe," she said again with a smile.

"Thanks, no problem" Ray replied back

She's sweet, she really is. Although I think we all know I didn't do anything and wasn't even the slightest bit what you would 'helpful'.

"We can hang out later, when we aren't lost in a giant maze." she added, glancing at Sophie and him.

"I'd like to do that," Ray said "Only this time, let's try not getting lost somewhere. I think that should be the plan."

Yeah, and maybe next time I'll actually contribute in a way that doesn't make me look foolish. Well, I can hope right?
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie put her hands behind her back and stood on her tip toes. The maze had been quite a workout, and she felt like she needed to stretch a bit. Nina had reacted to her comment on the card challenge, asking if anyone wanted to go back in and try it. Sophie smirked. She knew she wasn't going back into the maze anytime soon. Even though she was certain Nina was joking, it still felt weird to think about.

Nina then suggested they hang out in a situation that didn't involve labyrinths. Sophie smiled. The idea sounded great. She didn't really know much about Nina or Ray, and it would be nice to sit down with them and chat about their futures and interests.

"I'd be up for that," Sophie said, stretching her arms back and leaning forward. "I'll look for you guys in school."

Sophie then looked around.

"Well, listen, I better go find my family. I really shouldn't have wandered into the maze on my own. But anyways, it was nice meeting you guys. I'll see you in school. Ta-ta!"

Sophie waved to Nina and Ray and made her way back to the main area of The Castle. She figured it would be good to wind down with some Air Hockey with Lindsay or something. Either way, she wasn't going to run into any more walls.

((Sophie McDowell continued elsewhere))
Espi

Post by Espi »

Nina waved goodbye to Sophie. "Nice meeting you!" she called. Then she turned back to the Maze. She'd actually had a lot of fun here, and it was a surprisingly good use of an afternoon. Plus, she'd met a few nice people, and that was an excellent thing.

"Hey, thanks for keeping us company. It was nice to meet you, and we should definitely hang out later." Nina said to Ray as she started to leave.

She smiled to him; he was a sweet kid, even if he was a little shy. Nina liked him, at least. She turned over to the doorway, and with a final wave of goodbye, she walked out of the maze.

She decided to head home for the day, get some rest. The adrenaline was going down now, and she was pretty tired. Tomorrow she'd get some more stuff done.

[[Nina Clarke continued Elsewhere]]

Return to “The Maze”