The Glow Up

Open; Tagging Blizzard

George Hunter High School's prom itself, held at an event center in downtown Chattanooga on May 25, 2018. The theme is Glow In The Dark. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave. There are plenty of chaperones around to keep an eye on things and unsupervised areas are off-limits, so no private threads are allowed at the event.
Espi

Post by Espi »

"I dunno man, I do good for a white guy." Toby was laughing, his tone cheery. He wobbled a little from Ace pushing him, but no harm no fowl. Wait. Foul. Yes.

From the looks of it, Tirzah was having a lot of fun and Meilin looked petrified, which was a hilarious combination. Then again, seemed like Ace wanted to get his date back, and Toby wasn't going to complain if they got paired back with their respective ladies. Ace was a great guy and all but Toby wasn't here to go stag. Have you seen Tirzah?

Toby was going to attempt a silly dance himself-maybe the Dougie?-but when he was a couple feet away he noticed what exactly Ace was doing. "Ahahaha!" The dude was a real character, for sure. Toby stepped back away from Tirzah so he didn't crash into her, hands on stomach, laughing super loudly.

It was funny. Also he was still a little buzzed. That helped. "Are-are you having fun, girls? Haha..." He was beaming ear-to-ear.
Buko

Post by Buko »

What'd 3 Stacks say again?

"Got her gigglin' like a piglet, now that's the ticket."

If she's smilin' like that...

I can't be that much of a cornball.

He smiled because Meilin smiled, he laughed because Tirzah laughed--Ace felt completely shameless and goofy and he couldn't stifle his own giggles until he snorted. He felt the momentum in the air and he felt a confidence in his core that he hadn't when he was sipping punch. What was he scared for? This was Prom! What'd he'd have to lose? It was the time to get lost in the moment--in a few weeks all these people would be on the journey to being memory. He had always known that tangentially, he had thought about leaving Chattanooga for college since college had become an idea in his head...

Maybe that's why he hadn't really put himself out there romantically in high school, it was all temporary, he didn't really want to leave any loose ends behind.

But what about those maybe no big deal, no, not at all feelings for Meilin? What did they mean now that high school was ending?

Toby asked a giggly question, Ace didn't pay attention to it, let Underwood do his own thing. He was trying not to appear tongue tied like he had by the punch bowl--it was easier when he was dancing. Still his eyes sought Meilin's out and his goofy greens couldn't help but get lost in her pretty browns.

He knew that he was very obvious, his eyes told his feelings with little subtlety...

Tonight? He swore her eyes were saying the same things.

Shoot your shot Beats---you can't look stupider.

"If I gotcho attention...," his voice drifted with a playful and almost sing-songy tone, he spun around in a 360, did a little Michael Jackson side kick (not too aggressive because, y'know, wearing a kilt) and extended his arm to hers, "May I pretty pretty please have this dance Miss Zhou? Was gettin' a lil' peanut butter and jealous watchin' you over there."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Ace spun Meilin around and Tirzah briefly thought about grabbing her back, but she recognized his hustle and decided to continue her charitable streak. With Meilin's back to her, she popped up over her shoulder and made an OK sign at Ace with her thumb and index finger, nudging her head at the girl in front of her.

"Yeah, but I guess ladies' choice is over," she said, turning to shimmy in Toby'd direction. "You wanna go heckle the prom king and queen?"

She bumped hard into Meilin to send her Ace's way and trotted to Toby, taking him by the arm.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

With a wide, wide smile, Meilin reached out her arm and took Ace's hand. It brought back memories- Switfball, wasn't it? Hand in hand, walking out of a party together to go eat waffles at midnight. Truly, every girl's dream. It made her heart glow on the inside. (If only you could see it, she'd be the most on-theme-dressed girl in the room!)

"Take the dance, Mister Ortega!" she cheerily replied.

Then she got an idea. Grasping his hand a bit firmer, she pulled him over and put her other arm behind him, then did a little spin, and after that, leaning forward with Ace still in her arm, in that dramatic fashion you'd see in movie dances.

"Because if you don't, I will!" she said, with a cheeky smile.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"

Return to “Prom”