Well... isn't this fucking great?!

Kristey's anger [Content warning: Sam Sorenson and his erection show up for like two posts and then leave]

This large structure sits atop a solitary hill and is visible even from a distance. The white pagoda, five stories tall, was formerly one of the island's more famous attractions. The serenity the setting once offered just begs to be disturbed by the imminent chaos that will consume the island.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey put down the baseball bat and walked towards Damien.
She looked at him for a while and grew increasingly angry at Renee's group.
"Tell you what, if we ever run into Marvin, you can take him down."

She put her hand on his shoulder sincerely.
"I like to think of it as a tragic irony. Or possibly poetic justice."

She still couldn't understand why she's so kind to him.
She's not attracted to him, or anything of the sort, but then she realized that she never understood why they always ganged up on him.
Maybe it's just a small case of "defending the weaker ones."

How unlike me.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Nice to meet ya, Kristey," said Peter as he watched her walk away, locking eyes with Damien for a moment before beginning his own slow pace, "I don't suppose I've seen you around before...not that I knew a lot of people that didn't go to Hobbs...that sorry excuse for a school.  It'd been better if they kept the schools separate, but no...they had to bring in the fucking Catholics to ruin it and..."  He quickly caught himself slipping into a rant and immediately stopped; he had a bad habit of going off about random topics when it was blatantly obvious that no one really cared about what he was ranting about.  So he decided to quit while he was ahead, taking to a knee to unload his pack.  "And I suppose this other kid is a friend of yours, Kristey?"

Peter found what he was looking for when he pulled out the map, studying it for a moment while he awaited an answer.  He kept gazing at Damien every now and then, wondering if he should take him as a threat or an ally, though he was leaning toward the latter as he looked up to see Kristey put a hand on his shoulder.  "So I take it that this Marvin kid is on the hit list, huh?  Know where he is...I think I can help you find him..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((BTW: I don't think I'll be able to post tomorrow as the library is closed...that and on the 9th, I'll be taking my leave.  I'd like to try and advance this while I can so that we can get to bigger and better things/plots/betrayals/fatalities/etc.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey slowly turned her head towards Peter.
She had that very special smile on her face.
"If you know where he is, you're my new best friend."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Damien seemed to freeze in place he seemed to once again feel the very hand of death on his shoulder. He let out a soft gasp as Kristey's hand landed on his shoulder, and all other noise seemed to be drowned out as he heard both hers and - of all people's - Peter's offers to help him. It seemed so unreal that these people would even be genuinely offering to help. It seemed even more unreal that both would even give Damien the honor of put (at least one) of the people out of their misery that caused Damien such misery.

See? Things are gonna work out just fine.
Heh...well...I suppose...but could I just do this myself?
Of course! It's your life. I'm just giving you advice. Now...where were we?

"Y-yeah... I'm one of her...f-f-riends..." he stuttered.

His eyes did visibly twitch at the mention of an expletive linked with Catholics, as his mother was quite the devout Catholic, and Damien was himself a nominal Catholic at least, who attended service with his mom, if only grudgingly. Granted, he was never on good terms with his mother as of late, but insults to his family were still as easily translated to insults directly against him.

Make a mental note to save a little something extra for the fat guy when all is said and done.

"Defending the weaker ones" was something Damien realized a very long time ago was very unusual of Kristey. Even now she at least tried to come off as trusting as she did back when she saved him from what could be called certain death at the hands of Marvin. So, even if he didn't actually owe her his life itself, he would certainly get the chance to return the favor to her...and to Marvin. These were becomingly increasingly entertaining thoughts to the boy, and sometimes even the thoughts had some kind of placebo effect in themselves.

Damien then noticed the map Peter pulled out, which quickly snapped him back to reality. As much as he now had the opportunity to return the favor, even with a new "gang" of his own, he wouldn't even last the hunt without supplies - and importantly, an offensive weapon - of his own. But he was still debating over whether he could beg for supplies now, or wait for the opportunity to get them as a prize off a kill...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey was getting worried about Damien.
He's been on edge this entire time.
More specifically, he's been on edge ever since the party, when she was told that he made a police report on her. She was none too happy about that, but she didn't want Damien as an enemy, nothing's more worrysome than a cashier at a supermarket who shoots the lady for screaming at him because he wouldn't take her coupons.

Only, instead of expired coupons, Renee gave him massive amounts of torture and humiliation.

When she made the decision to break Renee that night, she knew she made enemies. And now they're on this island, ready to kill, probably.

And from the looks of it... she worried that Damien was too.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

The term on edge as applied to Damien was a complete understatement. On edge would have described Damien at his most reserved, while at school. Any of his classmates would attest to that. On edge meant you couldn't see the fear that he managed to keep hidden due to the utter predictability of daily life at school. On edge meant that he knew exactly what was coming to him, from whom, when, where, why and how.

On edge did not involve Damien feebly trying to defend himself from anybody and everybody with a pot lid that made a very poor excuse for a shield, casting deeply suspicious glances on anybody who might nearby, and trembling almost as if he were thrown naked into the Siberian wilderness.

On the island, thrust kicking and screaming into this crazy game, he had absolutely no idea what was coming to him, only that it would be really painful and very likely end in his death. He also had no idea about the other "W"s involved, the who in particular. Unpredictability and instability clearly did not mix, especially when it had been brewing for weeks, even years.

Indeed, Damien was actually absent from school for the entire duration between the party and the day of the fateful trip. A majority of this time was further spent locked in his room, the rest either spent either at the dining table, in the restroom, or in front of the TV set. Nicole was also doing her part, seizing any and every opportunity to try to talk her precious son out of the emotional doldrums. She had also gone so far as to secure the knife drawers and medicine cabinets around the house just in case, though she was still fully confident that Damien would never have to resort to that just in case.

She did, however, let him stay up past her bedtime (yes, past Nicole's bedtime) to see if the TV could comfort him, not knowing that he easily circumvented the parental block. With SOTF then-over for nigh a year, he always managed to find something else to watch.

What aroused even more suspicion among the Valenti Syndicate was the fact that virtually nothing was heard of from Nicole. Whatever rumors they could extract from teachers essentially amounted to affirmations and re-affirmations that Nicole was at home, taking care of her son. Specifically, trying as much as it was said she could to nurture her son back to physical and emotional health.

Absolutely nothing, however, to do with his mental health, which Nicole assumed had long since been capable of dealing with such trauma, thanks to innumerable rounds of one-on-one counseling. Most notably, absolutely nothing to do with her next round of retribution, which judging by the degree of the humiliation, would be nothing short of fatal to the reputations of the students, let alone the school, especially when the events at the party soon became public knowledge. And regardless of the fact that it was Nicole who found out in front of the perpetrators, the repercussions against Damien would be nothing short of fatal, period. Not even Kristey would be able to save him against their collective wrath, let alone that of the other psychos on the loose around the island.

Which brings his twisted logic right back into the game.

"You know...heh heh..." his giggle is almost creepy, even though he doesn't actually smile. "Marvin told me...that it's my mom's fault we're all in this."

And why wouldn't it be? Surely Nicole could have long since figured out about the cycle of retribution and retaliation and made the decision to work with Danya to end it once and for all. All Damien's tormentors would die, which would be good for both mother and son. AND if Damien died in the process, well, she'd really stand to benefit from his "martyrdom." Before or after his killers died didn't matter, they would get their just desserts anyhow. Who knew how high she'd rise using Damien's grave as a steppingstone?

"We-we-we're all gonna die..." he muttered...

Think positive, kid. We're all going to die anyway. It's up to you as to how you want it to happen.
"Please...stop that...please..." came the whimpered reply to that voice...

((I leave it to the reader as to whether these little rants are products of either or both of mine or Damien's mind. n_______n))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

There was something about Damien that had Peter worried...he didn't know what it was or how it would affect his plot to stay alive...if at all. He kept glancing over at him every now and then to make sure that he wasn't plotting something of his own as he sighed and shook his head at Kristey.

"I don't know where anyone else is," he said sadly, "though if I knew what he looked like, I can keep an eye out for him. Like I said, all I remember was being on the plane and then waking up in...in...whatever this place is." He studied the map a little closer, picking out the landmarks before slowly folding it up and putting it back in his pack. "All I know is that if we stay here, we won't get to find anyone...and as I hate to say this..." He paused and took a deep breath, his eyes closing while he lowered his head before finishing the sentence. "...if we stay here, then we're all gonna die for sure."
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey needed a moment with Peter.
"excuse us, Damien."
She said this as she went up towards Peter and whispered into his ear.
"We need to talk in private, come with me."

She proceeded to walk to the other side of the building, hoping he would follow.

She needed a gameplan.

In case she had to make the decision to kill Damien or not.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

Peter was a little unsure on whether he should trust Kristey or not as she approached him; it wasn't like he thought she was a bad person, but things tend to change when you've been told to kill your fellow classmates and the one leading you off has a baseball bat in her hands.  Not that the razorblade he had could do much against that...but still, how was he to know that she wasn't going to kill him?  But Peter saw an even bigger threat in the form of the unstable Damien...he could tell right away that he could lose it at any time and wind up killing both he AND Kristey.

All cares aside, he took the girl's word and follow her to where she wanted to go, though he was still wary of the fact she had a baseball bat.  At least he could trust her enough to listen.  "Okay, Kristey...what's up?" he said, glancing behind him and hoping in the back of his mind that Damien didn't decide to sneak behind him to eavesdrop on whatever she was wanting to plot.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"It's no secret that Damien is a little... on the edge.
With that said, we also don't know if he's going to stab us in the back or not, so I need your help: If at any point he becomes a threat, we are to get rid of him."

She felt bad saying it, but she knew it had to be said.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Okay..." whispered Peter, glancing back over his shoulder again as he produced the razorblade, which he had stashed in his pocket.  "I don't know what this'll do, but I'm no stranger to a good fight..."

He looked around, panting and frantic to escape from the three boys...just typical punks with no remorse for anyone different as Peter lumbered off to try and find a way out.  He didn't want to fight them, and especially while he was still on school grounds, but he had no other choice when one of them, the tallest of the three, pulled a knife out.  He didn't want to make a big deal over it because it was after the day had ended...just get back to what he was doing as he stopped to catch his breath.

But wherever Peter went, the boys were on him like a pack of lions hunting a buffalo down...and he knew that's what they were trying to do as he looked around.

"Where'd you go, you little faggot?" one of them called out.  He was already used to the condemnations from the majority of the former St. Andrew's students that knew he was gay, but no one ever gave him a hard time about it other than the occasional use of the word "faggot" or "queer".  Still, he knew that he wasn't safe from these three as he slowly walked off...though the pack that was after him wouldn't give up until they had seized their prey...which was Peter himself.  "Split up!" another shouted, "Don't let that wretched excuse of a boy get away...he needs to be taught a lesson!"  Feeling a sense of relief, Peter began to walk off toward one of the back exits near where the gym was located.

But before he could get to the door and to freedom, Peter bumped into one of the boys.

"I've found him!" he shouted as his wingmen quickly surrounded him, "and as for you, Rosenthal...you wanna do this, Shaun?"  He and the shortest of the boys held him against a wall while the other boy the one that pulled the knife...nodded and took it out as well as a small book.  He stared Peter down and pressed the blade against the larger boy's throat.

"And He said...if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination," he said, quoting a verse from the miniature Bible he held, "they shall surely be put to death..."  He pressed the blade a little harder against Peter's throat, though making sure not to cut him...the last thing they needed was to be labeled as murderers; a devout Catholic would never kill another, no matter how wrong they are as he finished.  "Their blood shall be upon them...as it shall be upon you, Rosenthal.  I'll give you one chance to repent..."  He pulled the blade from Peter's throat just as his consorts let go...and that was the opportunity he needed.  Quickly turning to the boy on his left, he threw a punch that connected with his jaw, sending him back into a wall before he fell over.  The boy on his right was thrown headfirst into the same wall when he lunged at Peter, leaving Shaun to deal with a 285-pound mass that was out of control.  He swung the blade at Peter's chest and missed, then he swung again, only to have Peter sidestep him.  Seeing as how Shaun was in a vulnerable position, Peter landed a punch to his kidney, causing Shaun to drop the knife before he was leveled by a right hand delivered with all the strength Peter could put behind it.  Then he quickly pounced on the unconscious boy and started beating his head into the floor.

"I'm gay and there's not a God damn thing you can do about it!" he screamed just as a teacher arrived to break it up...

"So if we need to, I suppose we could take him out..." said Peter as he looked to Kristey for a response.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey nodded hesitantly.
"I'm not good allying myself with others, but strength in numbers is the best strategy. Remember, if Damien shows any signs of wanting to harm either of us, kill him immediately."

She said this as she walked away.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

And where was Damien at this moment? Why, doing one of the things he does best. Namely and predictably, listening in on the conversation from a spot, and not visible to either Kristey or Peter. ((To be precise, they went "around" the building, Damien snuck through it, ending up near a gap through which he could hear the conversation.)) Of course he'd pretty much heard it straight from the blondie's mouth that they were going to kill him if and when he became a threat to them both, which essentially meant they would turn on him at their own discretion. Further meaning that it might as well happen as soon as Kristey got back, thereby confirming all his fears.

Unless she finds me first... Oh God...
Calm down, kid. I'll help you figure this out.
When!?

No answer. Just as well, there wasn't any time left, as he could just hear Kristey leaving the area to return to where Damien was standing a few minutes earlier. As soon as he confirmed silence on the other end of the gap (which took many precious seconds in itself), he started sneaking back, hoping Peter didn't notice him, or that the wooden floor of the pagoda didn't creak (too loudly) underneath his feet...or crinkle or clatter among the various objects and fragments of such that were littered across the main room. He was rather good at sneaking around places undetected as long as there weren't any unexpected developments.

And he'd had to be that good this time, as he had left both his shield and backpack just inside, by the front entrance to avoid any excess baggage.

*clink*

Aww, fuck...
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Kristey walked back into the main room where they were all standing earlier.

She couldn't believe the decision she had just made.
She spent the last few weeks defending Damien from his tormenters, and now she's making the decision to kill him should he turn on them.

Then she asked herself why she even cared. She never did before; she didn't care about her mother, her classes, or anyone.

All she cared about was...

"Andi!"

A thought came to her head.
What if he's here?

That special smile came to her face as she thought this.

Return to “The Pagoda”