The Eleventh Announcement

Per Crash's request.

Herein are contained the announcements from Version Three of SOTF, as well as any midmonth rolls containing fiction.
Megami†

The Eleventh Announcement

Post by Megami† »

"Oh dear..." Dorian muttered quietly, his eyes still fixated on the screen in front of him.

The expression of fatigue that plagued the scrawny man's face was plainly evident. In terms of game play, they hadn't seen a program as messy as season three had been since back in the early phases of the test runs. It seemed like if it wasn't one thing, it was another. Something was always going wrong. Only this time, it was his fault. It was all his fault. He had been horrified ever since the Jack O'Connor virus had blazed through their systems a few days ago... horrified that Danya would find out.

In the end though, that was what they were all afraid of. It seemed as though Dorian was only one of many at Headquarters who had dirty little secrets... the type of secrets that would see them on the island along with the students if Danya ever caught wind of the things they'd done.

Cecily Lacoste sat nearby at another computer, contemplatively twirling a strand of her long blonde hair between her fingers. She had all but began ignoring Dorian after Garnett had called her out on one of her own dirty little secrets. Now, he was out on the island, dealing with God knew what. The fact that Danya would dare send someone like him out onto the island in the first place completely baffled Cecily. Part of her -- no, all of her hoped that man died on that island. The students, some bizarre electrical malfunction, she didn't care what. She simply didn't want to see him come back.

Because... with you out of the way... he'll never know. Even if Dorian knows, Danya will never know... and he can't know.

She bit down on her bottom lip gently, still twirling her finger through her hair.

Garnett, you bastard... just what the hell do you think you're doing, anyway?

"H-hey Cecily?" Dorian stuttered out, suddenly breaking the awkward silence.

A loud sigh escaped the blonde's lips, "What is it you little worm?"

"N-nothing," he stammered, immediately going back to his own silent contemplation.

The tension hanging in the air was evident to both parties sitting in the small room. Cecily had been essentially blackmailed into silence regarding Dorian's involvement in the virus that had been unleashed on Headquarters. Dorian knew what she was thinking. If something happened to Garnett, he was toast. She wouldn't think twice about throwing him to the dogs to better herself and gain favor in Danya's eyes. There was something else she didn't know, though. Something that brought a slight smile to Dorian's perpetually-nervous expression.

When he had opened his locker that morning, it was there.

An unlabeled black video tape, just sitting inside his locker.

Of course he had been curious. He'd taken it immediately back to his sleeping quarters and slid it into his VCR. The images that the tape held had scared and surprised him. There it was, plain as day. Cecily's coldblooded murder of former AT member Orsen Wyndham. The sight of one of his colleagues being murdered in cold blood had caused Dorian to vomit, and yet he sat there in awe, wiping remnants of vomit from the corners of his mouth and staring at the tape. It showed other things too... things that would completely destroy Cecily.

Garnett... what are you thinking? Why would you show me this?

Meanwhile, down the hallway, Mr. Danya was gearing up for his usual morning announcement...

---

"GOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNING!" Danya shouted into the PA system in an overwhelmingly sing-songy tone of voice, "Ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls... children of all ages! Do I have great news for you! You see children, twelve days ago, we started up a little game known as season three of Survival of the Fittest. Two hundred students were taken from good ole' Southridge High School in sunny California! Of those two hundred students, only sixteen remain. That's right kids! One of you is almost home-free! Isn't that exciting?"

It was exciting, even for Mr. Danya. Sure, season three had been a little rocky, but it sure seemed to have riled the American public up yet again, and that was exactly his goal.

"Well, I won't dilly-dally... oooh, that's such a fun word, isn't it kids! Let's get to it! I know you're all just dying to know who... er... died! Hahaha!"

One thing was for certain. He hadn't lost his horrible sense of humor or dark puns.

"First down was Mr. America, Gabe McCallum, who sat in a dangerzone and went... KABOOM!" Danya stopped for a moment to laugh, the fact that he was in a good mood becoming blatantly obvious during every passing moment, "The next to die? The lovely miss Reneé Valenti, courtesy of a bullet from Jordan Redfield. I'm sorry kids, but I think Miss Valenti's show has officially been canceled. Next down was good ole' Rick Holeman, who became Laeil Burbank's source of stress relief, or something."

"Dear Emma Babineaux was next to die a brutal death at the hands of J.R. Rizzolo. Edward Sullivan scored a kill next, gunning down resident crazy Wade Wilson. Next up was Quincy Archer, who decided to take the easy way out and slit his own throat. Pfft, what a pansy! Everyone's favorite little sociopath, Lenny Priestly, scored a kill next, shooting down Shameeca Mitchell. Noah Jacobs was next, finished off by Alexis Machina. Good girl, Lex! Way to pick off the sick and injured! Poor, poor Laeil Burbank bit the big one next when she bled to death from the presents good ole' J.R. left her. Poor baby."

Danya stopped for a moment, making faux crying sounds into the microphone.

"Mr. Morgan Green died next. Then again, who really has much chance of surviving when they're pushed off a cliff, right Danielle Champney? Dacey Ashcroft joined the list of the dead afterward when Eris Marquis gunned her down. Oh look Miss Champney! Karma came back for you. It seems Danielle Champney is next on the list, having succumbed to wounds Morgan Green inflicted her with. Oooh, I do so love a good tragedy! Don't worry kids, only one more to go!"

Danya began making a drumrolling noise on his desk, allowing it to echo out through the speakers for a moment before continuing.

"And the winner is... Dante Cooper!! It took a lot to take this fool down, apparently. Eris Marquis, Steve Digaetano, and Dacey Ashcroft all had a hand in killing him! Bravo, ladies and gentleman! Well, except you, Dacey. You're dead. Bahahaha!"

Pausing a moment, Danya cleared his throat.

"Well kids, sixteen remain. I suppose you know what that means. Time to shrink the play space again! First of all, congratulations to Mr. J.R. Rizzolo for your kills yesterday! We like you, kid! So, meet us at the showers to claim your prize! That area will be a temporary dangerzone until Mr. Rizzolo exits the area. Which brings me to... new dangerzones... hmm... effective immediately, the cottage, the mess hall, the sea cliffs, and the northern coast are all dangerzones. Run children, run! And keep on killing! Remember, fifteen contestants must die, one of you gets to go home! Keep up the great work, boys and girls! America is watching! Give 'em a show!"

---

The OOC Stuff:

Hiya! So, it's been about, oh, four months since I've written one of these bad boys, so don't hold it against me if it's too bad, yeah? Well, let's get down to business. Four dangerzones have been posted. You have three days to remove your characters from said dangerzones, or they're history. No exceptions, no extensions. The game's winding down, it's time to get things rolling, and I'm here to essentially help Crash out, mop up a bit, and maybe put my foot up some asses. Just kidding. Maybe. Image V4's right around the corner and it's gonna be a lot of fun, but we gotta get stuff taken care of here first, so let's get going people!

Rolled characters are as follows:

Jordan Redfield
Eris Marquis
James Brown Nullified
Alexis Machina
Ryan Atwell

You guys know the time limitations on deaths. If you don't, I'd strongly suggest you take a look at the rules. We're about to get a lot harsher about these rules. Extensions will ONLY be granted if we deem it's necessary. If we decide it isn't, and we think you're just being lazy, you lose control of your character. Cool? Cool. Do it up, kids! Let us know ASAP if you're using any sort of card to save any of these characters.

BDA for this month goes to Choic. Congratulations! You'll be given a roll null card. BKA for this month goes to J.R. Rizzolo. Congratulations Scipher, I'll PM you with your prize!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “V3 Announcements”