The Legend of the Flower of Woe

An open field, filled to the brim with flowers of every size, shape, and color. It's truly a beautiful sight, even though you won't have much time to be admiring the view. The flowers could use a little extra red to make them even more beautiful, if you've an eye for such things.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Oww, fuck!" James cried out in pain as he was stung in the arm by one of the monstrous creatures. The rifle fell from his hand and disappeared into the flowers. His mind swam; he was surrounded by a solid wall of insects. He was fucked. Mumbling unintelligibly he dropped on the ground and scrambled to find his weapon. His hand found the gun.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Damn, I'm not half bad with this thing. Brenden thought admiring the fact that his goal had been accomplished.

James then did the unexpected and dropped to the ground in frantic search of his gun, mumbling rapid incoherent sentences. Brenden caught a flash of James' hand resting on his weapon.

"Guys, jump on him now!" Brenden yelled to the others, as he ran forward and lept at James.

He wasn't trying to be the hero, this was a matter of saving his own life. James was freaked, and if he started firing again, chances were Brenden would be making a much earlier exit than he intended.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Nadine broke away a bit from the group, knowing that she'd be unnoticed while everyone else was distracted by the chaos that broke out... They were much too busy, fighting amongst themselves. With luck, one or more of them would end up getting killed. One thing was for certain, it wouldn't be her.

...What an easy game this was if she could just get others to play it for her.

She backed away, quite certain that no one was going to follow her, or even cast her the slightest bit of notice. She smiled a bit, looking towards James.

Sorry. I thought you'd be a useful ally. Someone a woman can rely on. Guess I was wrong.

She wasn't about to follow Brendan's orders... If James end up getting killed? Well, it was one less person to worry about in this game.

Nadine turned tail and fled the scene.

Now that I'm done here...I wonder where Galen is...?

((Continued in Fade Into You))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Someone pinned James down suddenly. He gripped the Garand and pulled it close, planting it against the ground and trying to get up but to no avail.

"What the hell are you doing!? Get off my or we're all--haha..." He began to laugh, although he wasn't sure why. "HA, ha ha...we're all going to die-ah-hah-hah..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"JAMES! Calm the fuck down." Brenden yelled as he struggled to hold the squirming Mr. Brown.

The Garand had been neutralized temporarily, but Brenden knew that if he didn't get James fully restrained, or knock him out then there was a good chance James would start firing again. Brenden shifted his position, and attempted to get James in a body scissors. If he could cinch in the body scissors he may have a chance of getting James in a rear naked choke, which he could use to knock him out.

I can't kill him. I'm on the ground, and if I kill him, this Luis kid might grab the gun and kill me.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Ok! Ok! Christ!" Now his own laughing was beginning to frighten him. James went dead-weight on top of the Garand, hoping that he would be released if he went limp.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Brenden released the leg vice he had on James, and slowly backed off him. Brenden's hand found his whip, and he readied it just in case. It was then that Brenden noticed that paper "flare" and looked to see that Luis was still standing there.

"Hey, jackass, why the hell did you just stand there? Nice of you to help out. I mean, after all, you should let everyone else do the work eh? Just coast on by, while everyone dies around you. Good...fucking...plan." Brenden seethed.

It wasn't a change of Brenden's attitude towards the game that brought his anger out, it was pure frustration. He wanted to hurt somebody, he wanted to hear his name on those announcements.

James is still down, just kill this moron here and do everyone a favor.

"Now let me show you my plan asshole." Brenden yelled as he let the whip unravel.

Slowly the whip circled around, flowing with the motion of Brenden's right arm. Brenden was using a different technique with the whip. He kept his arm flatter, and swung it around with a side to side motion, his intention was to get the whip to wrap around Luis' neck.

Then I'll squeeze until his fucking eyes pop out...
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The laughing in James' brain finally ceased its unnerving echo, and he realized that someone else was under attack. He shot a confused glance up at the sky. The beecoons had disappeared.

Wait, were beecoons real? Shit, maybe he was--

"Hey!" he shouted, scrambling on his belly toward Bedard and throwing an arm around his leg. Somehow it didn't register to use the gun that was under him. "Are you crazy!?"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Bedard stumbled a bit as he felt something wrap around his leg. He pulled the whip back before it could make contact with Luis. He looked down to see that James had scooted over and was now doing his best impression of an Anaconda to Brenden's leg. Unfortunately, an anaconda James was not.

"Get the fuck off me you stoner idiot," Brenden yelled down as he freed his leg from the grasp, "Now stay the fuck down!"

Brenden spun slightly and reared his foot back. He brought it forward aiming right for James' head.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Who you callin' a--oww fuck!!"

Brenden's foot connected with James' nose and for a split second all he could see was white light. Then all sorts of bitchin' colors. It hurt a lot. James recoiled in pain and threw his hands in front of his face as blood dripped from his nose.

"God-fucking-dammit!!"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Brenden could hear a small crunch as his foot connected with James' face, and when he looked down, James was covering his face with hands that were slowly becoming stained with blood.

Good.

"Now, where was I?" Brenden said with a smile as he turned back towards Luis, "Ah yes. You."

Brenden once again made the swinging motion with his arm and attempted to lasso Luis' neck.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

What the fuck is going on here? Thought the art student, Trish McCarroll. She hadn't been walking for long, nor moving for long at that point. She had been knocked out pretty good and now had been witness not to far away from the events that were happening. There wasn't anything in the sky, it was just her and them, all freaking out. Quickly Trish searched in her bag for her weapon, hoping that maybe if it was gun she could fire off a warning shot...

KEYS?! Oh you got to be fucking kidding me!

"Hey! Can any of you guys tell me what the hell is going on here?"

She tried listening to the annoucements, but stupid automated sounding voices always sounded really lame to her.

"Please, I'd just like to talk to a real fucking human being..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((God Mod and Kill with permission from Ciel))

Brenden watched as the end of the whip struck Luis across the shoulder leaving a large tear in his shirt, and fair sized gash underneath the cloth. The force of the blow caused Luis to drop to a knee and grasp his shoulder, as Brenden looked on with a sick smile.

------------------------

"Damn it." Luis said through gritted teeth as the whip cracked his shoulder. He had been caught off-guard by the suddenness of everything from Brenden jumping on James, to Brenden now attempting to kill him.

This whole thing is bullshit!

Luis could feel his inner rage building, and he wanted to stop Brenden before he killed not only him, but James as well. He'd never felt it boil like this. Not since the day he truly understood what happened the day his parents died, and how the police never found their killer. Luis rose to his feet as Brenden pulled the whip back to himself, readying the weapon for its next viper like strike.

Not today...

Luis rushed at Brenden with a quickness that astounded even him.

------------------------

"Oh, so you do want to play?" Brenden said mockingly as he sidestepped Luis' rush. Brenden threw the whip down and threw a straight kick at Luis' knee.

------------------------

"Ahh!" Luis moaned as Brenden's foot was planted into the side of his knee. He felt something inside pop and the next feeling was like his knee had completely stuff. He couldn't bend it at all. Luis fell to the ground, and looked up at the sky. He sat himself up, looking to see where Brenden would be attacking from. He looked to where Brenden had thrown his whip, and saw that the whip was no longer there.

"Gah!" Luis gasped. The whip was now around his throat.

------------------------

Brenden had landed his kick just right. He knew when he heard the pop that Luis wasn't getting up again. He'd taken the moment to grab his whip and ready it to strangle the boy. He wrapped it around the boy, crossing the two ends, so that with each pull, the whip tightened its grip on Luis' neck.

------------------------

Luis struggled the best he could, but with his knee blown out from Brenden's blow there was nothing he could do. He couldn't get the leverage to push himself off the ground. He frantically tried to pry the whip from his neck with his hands, but Brenden's 133lbs was proving to much. Luis could feel himself slipping away.

Mom, Dad, I'm coming.

Luis face turned a deep shade of purple and his eyes began to bulge slightly. His frantic flails became fewer and farer between.

Back in the USA, there was a television set in the upstairs room of the orphanage Luis had stayed in as a child. A few of the kids who were younger than Luis, watched as their brother slowly slipped away. Some of them screamed, and the others cried for him.

Luis finally felt his last breath escape his lungs as his entire body went limp.

B45 - Luis Chezinski - Dead

------------------------

Brenden gave two or three tugs for good measure before he stood to admire his work. Luis' face was still a brilliant shade of purple and red, and his neck was leaking blood down its sides from where the whip had cut in.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Brenden then heard a female voice approaching them. It was a girl he'd seen but never talked to. Trish was her name, he remembered that much.

"Well whats going on here is, Jamesy tried to go apeshit with his gun, so I broke his fucking nose. Luis here stood there and did nothing to help, so I killed him. Now, are there any other questions before you join my friend Luis?" Brenden said with a toothy grin. Brenden started forward towards Trish.

You're mine bitch.

Suddenly, as if in slow-motion, Brenden could see the ground coming at him faster than it should have. He had tripped over something, he wasn't sure what, but now the only thing that filled his vision was a jagged rock coming right at his face.

Just when things were going so well...

The rock made contact with Brenden's forehead, splitting it open, and cracking the skull and puncturing his brain. Brenden only felt the first part as he slipped away.

B43 - Brenden Bedard - Dead
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

James faded in and out of consciousness while Brenden attacked Luis. His brain felt sick. Fortunately the brain was connected to the mouth, and after vomiting loudly for about ten seconds he felt he had the will to stay awake. Maybe. He had to at least try, because he and Luis were in danger.

No wait. Upon prying his tearing eyes open and looking around the immediate area, it turned out that neither of them were. Brenden and Luis were both lying motionless in the flowers.

"Holy shit," he gurgled, ignoring the blood that still ran down his nose and into his mouth. Were they dead? What the fuck was going on? What the fuck had gotten into Brenden? His head swimming, James dropped down beside Luis and uncoiled the whip from around his neck. He waited for the fallen boy to gasp for breath and regain consciousness again, but he did no such thing. James' expression became one of shock as he checked for a pulse and found none. He rested Luis' head back onto the ground, his head less swimming than drowning, sinking, now.

Bedard was dead too. James was confused and scared and a little hungry, mostly the first two though. Why did this all feel like some whacked-out nightmare?

James started as he turned to find that someone else had arrived, raising the whip in front of him as if it were a better weapon than the Garand he was still clutching. He opened his mouth reflexatively to say something but all the words seemed to ooze out of his ears as he layed eyes upon the approaching girl, whom he recognized all too well.

"Not Birdo," he gasped, and he promptly dropped the bullwhip so he could effectively operate his rifle.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Steve continued from Clock Tower))

Steve had made his way through the dense brush and found, what could only be the field of flowers. The field stretched a fair ways, but still one could make out figures if they were standing. In this case, Steve was able to spot two people about 50 yards away from him.

As he moved closer, a coppery scent drifted with the wind right under his nose. A smell Steve knew to be blood. Making sure to stay as low as he could and as quiet as he could, the quarterback moved close enough to finally distinguish who the people were.

Trish and James? Why do they want to kill each other?

Steve knew it was a stupid question with a rhetorical answer.

At least one of them is actually playing.

And from the looks of it, it was James. Steve was able to make out the model of gun James was holding. M1 Garand. Powerful weapon in the right hands. Steve looked down from James' hands and finally caught a glimpse of the two causes of the coppery scent filling his nostrils.

"Jesus..." Steve mumbled. One boy had what looked like a rock impaled into his forehead, and the other had be obviously strangled by,

A bullrope..

Steve saw the weapon on the ground next to James. James was a player. He was a threat to Trish, and a threat to him. He knew he had to distract James somehow. Steve saw that there were small rocks littered across the field, some embedded in the soft soil. He quickly scooped a handful of 4 or 5 medium rocks.

"Hey..hey asshole, over here!" He yelled as his throwing arm came forward, releasing the rocks towards James' head.

Return to “Field of Flowers”