Introduction Thread

Discuss anything and everything not pertaining to Survival of the Fittest here! Here is the place to introduce yourself, celebrate members' birthdays, discuss media, and generally hang out and have a good time. Also found here is the Fun and Games section, visible only to those who have registered.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Hi Andi! Welcome(back?)!
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
The last of my power

Post by The last of my power »

Hey everyone im the last of my power i found this rp on tv tropes and it's very interesting and i hope i can be a part of V8 when it happens ill come up with the idea of a character when we get to it.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Most of our members seem to trope crawl their way to this site, it seems. Be sure to check out our Discord if you haven't already! There's a lot of RP related chat and planning for V8 ongoing.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Luxinos

Post by Luxinos »

This is a pretty belated introduction considering I joined almost 2 weeks ago, but hi! I've been lurking on the site for a while since last year ever since I saw it on TV Tropes, and I've been admiring the writing on here. It wasn't until recently that I decided to sign up with an actual account, and even if it's pretty nerve-wracking to get out of my comfy lurking hiding spot, I'm hoping to settle in more and also hopefully try to get out of my shell.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

sup hello good morning, come say hi on discord, we're more active there. We're currently in the final stretch of v7 and we're planning for TV3 on mini, yeehaw.
CallMiiBishop

Post by CallMiiBishop »

I guess I've been hanging around on the Discord for a little over a week now, but hi! I found the forum a few months ago through the wiki, and finally decided to take the plunge and make an account. I've not seriously done longform creative writing in a decently long time, so hopefully I'm able to keep up with you guys.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Howdy, we've met, but formally welcome!
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

So! I decided to finally make an account over here, after making an account at the SOTF Mini Site. I am the same Anime Nerd as the one there, just decided to drop the 88 this time since I don’t think there 87 anime nerds over here. Maybe not even over there.

ANYWAY! I found this after looking around TV Tropes, like many others, and thought “Hey, this looks fun! Why not try it out, especially when you find these Battle Royale concepts so interesting?”

And now I’m drowning in possible characters to play because my writer’s brain thinks of a concept and wants to flesh it out as soon as possible, and see how they do when they need to fight for their lives.

On the bright side, I have four characters for sure planned for V8, and I’m sure they’ll be interesting to see! I can’t wait to start playing with everyone!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hi, welcome!

We're a lot of anime nerds here so you'll be in good company. We have a Discord if you wanna chat or you're welcome to just look around the board some more. Let us know if you have any questions. (Nice dog).
Betelgeuse

Post by Betelgeuse »

Hello, everyone!
TVTropes sent me here, and I've already introduced myself on the Discord. Very excited to post my characters on here in preparation for V8. Can't wait to interact with my fellow writers!
Baelish

Post by Baelish »

Hello, everybody. I'm new here, and glad to be here.

I'm not certain how to actually properly introduce myself, but I'll start by saying you can call me whatever you'd like. Xalygar (as that's my name on Discord) or Baelish as needed. I am most fluent in French, but I can also speak Portuguese and English. As I stated over on the discord, I found this place a few months back through the infamous TvTropes section a few months back and very lightly lurked and read up on this place before deciding that I could try my hand at joining, seeing if it was as fun as I thought it would be.

A little bit more about me is that I am interested in history and geography, and I first developed an interest of writing and reading way back at around ten years old. A final thing worth noting is that this is kind of just the natural way I speak, so I apologize if it comes off as awkward or condescending - I try not to sound like that, but I've been told I sound overly formal or posh at times, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm talking down to them because of my odd grasp on the English language. I look forward to meeting you all.
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Hello all, I've been lurking around for most of v7, but I managed to convince myself to step out of my comfort zone and actually create an account for v8. I look forward to taking part after thoroughly enjoying what I've read on the site so far.

I think I've managed to wrap my luddite brain around how the site works. Testing: If this becomes an emoji when I hit submit, I have succeeded. :geek:
17 he / him

https://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFitte ... 691#p82691 <- this is for v8 relationships 8-)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

midnight_twelve wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:59 am Hello all, I've been lurking around for most of v7, but I managed to convince myself to step out of my comfort zone and actually create an account for v8. I look forward to taking part after thoroughly enjoying what I've read on the site so far.

I think I've managed to wrap my luddite brain around how the site works. Testing: If this becomes an emoji when I hit submit, I have succeeded. :geek:
good timing! v7 just ended and v8 is in its preliminary planning. there's also INTL starting soon on mini.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Welcome y'all.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
OGSwoosh

Post by OGSwoosh »

Hello everyone! Just wanted to swing by and say hey. I'm Swoosh, I had a bunch of characters in V1 when it started waaay back in... 2005? 2006? Anyway, I was 14 years old then (making me *cough cough* years old now). I'd completely forgotten about this site and the characters I'd made until recently, and it was a huge huge shock to not only see all the posts etc still available to read, but that people had done art! (The Elise art looks exactly like I did when I was 14! Very impressed!)

Anyway, it was a lovely surprise to see this forum is still going strong, and I hope you all have fun here :D

Swoosh x

Return to “General Discussion”