By The Pricking Of My Thumbs

TW: Homophobia - Set in the early sophomore year of GHHS. Private thread.

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Oh yes. That was what he wanted.

Shit, she'd been as triggered as a bullied nerd's AR-15 ever since this conversation started but that snap in emotion was like a shutter closing on a storefront. Wyatt slipped up and let her get his goat there for a second but this more than made up for the chink in the armor. It was worth noting exactly where in his rant she'd started to glower at him; of all the things he'd said, he wasn't expecting that to be the biggest burden on the camel's back. But as surprised as Wyatt was, he was far from disappointed. Sierra gave him an opening, and he didn't just take openings - he tore them wide open.

So, was he done? Nah, bitch. Far from it.

"Yeah, so like..." Wyatt started on his tangent, grinning once more after the recovery. He paid no mind to Sierra and directed everything to Faith. Looking from his neck up, it was like the ol' one-shot pump-and-dump wasn't even there, but it was a poor illusion when considering his shoulders were still squared toward the adverse girl, letting it be known that it wasn't like he forgot she was in the conversation. "... she's got this stuffed deer. Like the kind a three year-old might have. Looked like she's loved on it a lot."

He directed his look back to Sierra. Just one more thing to say on the matter.

"What did you tell me its name was, again?"
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

She breathed in and out in a calm, rhythmic fashion as she glared into Wyatt.

In this instance she would give anything to be able to punch him in his goddamn Adam's apple without consequence. Unfortunately for her, that would probably get her suspended or worse, expelled. Anger, she realized, makes you slow. Makes you heavy. It clouds judgment. It makes mistakes. But she had long entered that state of rage where one becomes a cool lagoon of calm that she was able to think and process such thoughts. Still, she did not want his dumbass to keep pushing her lest she do something she'll greatly enjoy but regret.

"I..." she paused, thinking on her response. Whatever she was about to say it wasn't going to be her giving him the fucking satisfaction at an answer to his question. "I... I don't have a snappy comeback for you, because I know that... I am not a child, and I've learned that when I've spoken in anger, I sometimes regret the way I express myself. I... will admit I may have taken it a bit far, but trust me when I say you don't want to go down this road." Her eyes drift over to Faith, her expression a mix of exhaustion and black hatred. "Both of you."

She turned her attention back to Wyatt, the same expression she looked at Faith with still etched on her face. "So, please, shut. The. Fuck. Up and get out of my way."

She was about fucking done with this bullshit.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Was it terrible to think that when Sierra got mad like this, she was kinda hot? Not screaming mad, naw, but when she got PAST that, got all mad to the point where she was shaking and her little hands were quivering and you could tell she was on the verge of either breaking something or just bursting into tears. That was when she was at her most attractive and, if Wyatt hadn't already plowed the fuck outta that particularly field, the current climate Sierra was carrying meant he wouldn't have minded taking the John Deere around once or twice.

But he'd reaped those crops once before, and man, was that field barren now. Get fooled into fucking the wrong hole once, shame on them. Wyatt looked to Faith dismissively.

"She ain't a child, but she throws a hissy fit like one."

He rolled his shoulder and peered back down to Sierra. Raising a hand, Wyatt bent forward and swept the hand down in front of him. The gesture took his other hand with it and the both of them directed to the side of the hall, away form the both of them.
"I ain't keepin' you here, so if you're done, you can just move it the fuck along, can't ya? Ain't nobody gotta get out of YOUR way, Bambi."
TheLordOfAwesome

Ain't nobody gotta get out of her way, he says? True, she could very easily have put an end to all this by just walking around them, but fuck that high road bullshit! Besides, she was starting to enjoy her anger. There was no way in hell that she was just going to give this roided out douche bag and his latest cock sleeve have the goddamn satisfaction of seeing her leave in a huff! No, she was going to plant herself here like a tree and stare this hard boiled egg looking cocksucker down before she even considers letting him win!

Fuck that!

FUCK!

THAT!

"Alright, listen to me, you Eggland's Best looking piece of shit." She snarled, her hands balled into fists at her sides. "I would sooner spit on the grave of my dead grandmother than let some steroid abusing, second fiddle football player fuck talk to me like that."

Sierra's glare of barely contained fury had intensified as it was targeted at Wyatt with laser focus, a faint trace of spittle at the corner of the mouth betraying the inner inferno. "You stopped to bother me, you decided to not leave. I did nothing. I was just minding my own goddamn business before you showed your ugly mug. I wasn't even thinking of you today. In fact, the more I see of you, the less I think. So why don't you and this tramp," Sierra gestured over to Faith, not even sparing her a look of contempt. "both fuck right off before I lose what little bit of patience I have fucking left."
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Faith smirked as Wyatt decided to drop some hot fire on Sierra, her eyes catching a few grins in the crowd from people close enough to hear the story being told to her, which was about as juicy as it came. She had to admit, she was always impressed by how well Wyatt made these stories stick. Normally so hard that whatever retarded thing they were getting shit for got dropped pretty much instantly. Honestly, there were several cucks in GHHS who would be thanking Wyatt for that shit when they finally managed to punch their V cards, as much as they'd hate him now.

She did wonder if anyone was recording now though. That kinda changed the equation for the both of them, because whilst she and Wyatt might not be down to take a suspension, Sierra seemed unbalanced enough to start actual shit over this. Accusing Wyatt of taking steroids like the fake athlete she was. She could personally vouch for the lack of needlemarks anywhere on his body, so spewing shit like that was just an attempt to fuck him over for something he obviously wasn't doing. That irked her the most of all of it.

She thought, briefly, about just starting walking forwards and bumping into the dumb bitch with her shoulder. Not enough to actually hurt, but enough to send her off balance and kinda send a message, get her back for that tramp comment. Wyatt would probably cut around, but he'd get it after a bit, she was sure. She thought for a moment, letting the rush of the moment finish before her eyes flicked away from the two of them and to the crowd again. Right. This was probably going to get reported to the teachers. She couldn't do shit like that, it'd get her and Wyatt in trouble.

Faith's gaze drifted from Wyatt and back to Sierra, throwing a short snort of laughter at her as if her comments hadn't had any effect. Just something to laugh off, not something that was twisting in her gut as she stood beside Wyatt and blocked the direct route down the hall.

"Keep walking, Deer Fucker." she said dismissively, jerking her thumb over her shoulder to indicate where she expected Sierra to go. There was a smile on her face still, but it was tight and mirthless as she tried to cool herself down.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Wyatt had a hard time responding to any of this straight away, largely on account of the fact that his mouth had lodged itself firmly in the crook of his elbow, stifling the laugh that got tickled out of him by that 'Eggland's best' comment. Shit, that was actually a really good one, and if Sierra had the capability to pull out the yardstick she very clearly and irrevocably had shoved up her ass, he would have been all too willing to congratulate her for it. It was for the best that particular rib not make its way to Bret's ears, because then he'd never hear the end of it.

What took the edge off of Sierra's achievement is that she'd already struck upon a bit of a sore sport. Two, really: one small irritation, and one huge problem area. Considering that he himself admitted freely that he had a very hard time giving a shit about anything, Wyatt recognized that if something could actually pierce him that it had the potential to make him... act out a bit. Sierra could count herself lucky, then, that she happened to be rocking ovaries and not nuts that could be kneed out of her fucking mouth.

The little sore spot being rubbed up against was accusations that he was a juicer; if anybody bothered to ask the coach or the school athletics commission, they'd say that there were no marks against him. That probably wouldn't stop the whiners claiming 'oh, mom and dad just paid them off'. Classic Liberals logic, actually - ignore evidence staring them in the face and keep posturing at a problem that didn't exist. They just couldn't handle the fact that Wyatt's size was natural. He understood that he was very, VERY big, especially for somebody his own age, and assuming he kept growing until he was 26, the doctor said that it was possible to breach 6'9". For the bulk, he worked every single day, and he was proud of that. Fuck any of the fake news accusations that he took a few injections to get where he was.

But that was the little spot. Sierra'd already touched on the big one, the one that still had Wyatt feeling a little chaffed regarding their little bedroom adventure. It didn't matter how many surprisingly good jabs Sierra could throw or how hot she could get when pissed, or how admirable it was that she wanted to stand her ground in the face of overwhelming odds, because she'd already proven what a terrible shitstain of a person she was, at least in his eyes. Remembering this recent slight helped Wyatt to sniff the laughter away and resume a more stoic countenance.

Sierra was being defiant, like usual and to be expected. It was becoming apparent that everybody was just wasting time here, and quite frankly, he had shit to do and places to be. He was just about to take Faith and go, physically picking her up if he had to, when she came out with another barb.

Well, shit. Either Sierra gets sick of the bullshit first and actually fucks off, or things were about to get quite entertaining.

Wyatt kept quiet and waited to see which, hands on his hips and an eyebrow raised in amusement.
TheLordOfAwesome

"Keep walking, Deer Fucker."

Upon hearing that something finally broke inside Sierra. It  was the final hit to the dam that held back the flood of emotions Sierra had been maintaining through this whole confrontation, finally bursting through due to the constant probing and prodding at the cracks and flowing over her her like a raging torrent. Everything went red, and the sound around her became muted with a faint ringing in her ears as she starred off into the distance. For a moment her expression twisted and contorted through various different emotions before settling into completely emotionless look, and her body language becoming as calm and unmoving as a placid lake.

Sierra closed her eyes.

She inhaled deeply, allowing the air to roll through her lungs.

She crouched down, slowly and deliberately placing her belongs on the ground beside her.

Stood back to her full height.

Raised her hands.

Clapped them together, creating an echo that sounded through the now completely dead silent hall as curious onlookers had gather silently around them to see how this confrontation plays out.

She exhaled, opening her eyes to look at Faith, not even an ounce of emotion on her face as she studied the other girl's facial features with quiet fascination.

A strange calm and clarity had washed over Sierra. She would not get mad.

"Okay then."

She would get even.

And without warning and in one quick and fluid motion, Sierra's right fist shot out like a coiled viper lunging at its prey, threatening to strike Faith's jaw.
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Faith had to stop herself from rolling her eyes as Sierra acted all hard, dropping her gear off and acting with that fake, serene calm bullshit people seemed to think looked badass. She didn't know who Sierra thought she was kidding, acting like she was going to throw down in front of all these people, in the middle of school, whilst probably being recorded. Faith knew all she had to do was stand here, look derisively at her, and laugh when she eventually lost her bottle and stopped pretending she was actually hardcore. Even if she got close up, she'd seen Wyatt do this once before, and he'd just laughed at the guy and he'd looked like a complete cunt. She smiled a little at that thought as she met Sierra's eyes. She couldn't wait for everyone to laugh at her as she sto-

The punch caught Faith completely off guard, hooking into her jaw in a fluid, horizontal arc that jerked it to the side, the rest of her head following moments after. The backpack she had on and her flat footed stance combined with the impact sent her off balance, falling backwards and landing down on the floor with a thump, her tailbone hitting the shitty linoleum floor hard enough to make her wince. 

Faith's reaction was instant. There was no need for moderation now, Sierra had basically just tried to fucking kill her, she deserved everything she got.

"Fucking psycho bitch!"

Was what she tried to say. 

In fact, she got caught immediately on the F in "Fucking", and her words dissolved into a cry of pain as white hot agony shot through her jaw. It wasn't quite broken, she was pretty sure, but her reaction to swear in response to the pain stretching the strained muscle further in another direction didn't help matters. She glared up at Sierra, her eyes misted with both red and tears as she expressed herself in the only way she could, lunging the heel of her walking boots forwards from where she sat on the floor, aiming it at the connection between her lower leg and foot, a guttural grunt of effort being all she could vocalise painlessly to accompany it.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

[+] Pregame
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

That Sierra decided to get physical wasn't the real surprise here. Wyatt could tell from how Sierra had turned and set her stuff down, getting all squared away, that she was going to at least make a move. Maybe a shove or a slap, grabbing of the hair, he was expecting one of those. And even though it turned out to be a punch, he at least knew something was coming. Apparently, the same couldn't be said for Faith. Man... today was turning out to be fun, and now it was going to get complicated. A building sense of dread... no, dread was too strong a word, more like a building sense of aggravation had worked its way into his gut. It might have been enough to push him to get into the way of Sierra's temperamental strike, had it not been dueling with his bile fascination at what he knew damn well was about to unfold, and how part of him would love every second of it.

The biggest surprise of all, though, was that Faith took it right on the jaw and then dropped like a sack of cement. She was a spicy fucking firecracker, a real riot to watch and listen to her talk, but it looked like she wouldn't be talking anytime soon when Sierra defaulted to actions over words. Sierra's punch caused Wyatt's eyes to blink open wider. Neither girl was allowed to know it but... damn, that actually took nuts, and Sierra proved to have a bigger set than most of the fucking cucks at this school. Honestly it was a shame he liked Faith so damn much, because that twinge of pride was washed over by an urge to get in the middle of things before shit got TOO messy.

Faith was writhing like a wild and wounded animal on the floor, yowling and spitting like an angered cat. If her hateful, half-blind gaze up at Sierra told Wyatt anything, it told him that she was about to strike back.

God damn it.

"Alllllllright," Wyatt followed his shoulder as it cut a divide between the standing girl and the prone one. He squared himself and looked down at his old one night stand impassively, easing his arms outward. All while he formed the barrier, he could feel a couple wild kicks strike at his bare calves, causing a flinch of the neck and a twitch of the eye with each impact. "We're- ugh, done here, I think. Pick yer shit up and get where you need to be, alright? And quit kickin'!" He directed the last part over his shoulder.

You know, when he thought about being between two gorgeous ladies who were just crazy about him, this wasn't what he had in mind?
TheLordOfAwesome

Sierra's face scrunched up a little from pain in her fist after she struck the blow, slowly retracting her hand. The human hand, as Sierra reminded herself, was way more fragile than people most people realized. It is why certain martial arts have you build up strength in your knuckles by punching padded surfaces over and over again, which was something Sierra didn't have the luxury of actually doing at any point in her life. Sierra rubbed her fist with her other hand, opening and closing it, bones popping in response.

Looking down at Faith, writhing and screaming on the ground, she realized that she was definitely getting in trouble for this but in this moment it was pretty goddamn satisfying. Wyatt then step in-between the two of them, just as Faith started kicking at her and only ending up striking Wyatt in the calves.

"We're- ugh, done here, I think. Pick yer shit up and get where you need to be, alright? And quit kickin'!"

Sierra was tempted to also tempted to smack him as well, maybe demand that he and that slut on the ground get out of her way again before she knocked his ass down as well. However, as fun as it was to imagine that scenario she was actually starting to run late and she was in enough trouble as it was. Any moment now the bell could ring and then she'd have to really book it to make it to class, even if she was going to be pulled away to the principal's office.

Clicking her tongue in annoyance, she picked up her belongings and began to move to the side, roughly bumping into Wyatt as she did so. She walked past the two of them, muttering "assholes" under her breath as she headed to class. She was going to be in so much trouble later, and her parents were probably going to get on her case about it, but it still felt satisfying to put that bitch Faith in her place.

(Sierra Cook continued elsewhere...)
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

It took a few kicks and a stern warning to be sure, but Wyatt was definitely not getting out of her way, which forced her to pause for a moment, giving her a chance to take a breath and recollect herself. The heat of the moment began to subside, and Faith was glad she wasn't the blushing sort, because she was suddenly very conscious of the little crowd that had gathered. That had just watched her get her get her ass handed to her by Sierra, and she couldn't even throw out something as a parting shot, forced to simply sit there and watch.

She fought the urge to glare at her as she walked away, not wanting to give her the satisfaction of more attention, which was probably all she was after anyway. Faith's mouth twitched into a little frown as she realised there was probably a pretty good line there to salt Sierra's wounds, something about finally getting the attention from her parents she wanted all along when she got suspended, but she couldn't actually say anything, so what was the point. She exhaled in frustration, before picking herself off the floor, trying and failing to look in any way graceful as scrabbled on the cheap floor tiling.

She smiled at Wyatt a little, trying to apologise in a way for the red boot prints that now marked one of his calves, and thank him for getting in the way before it got out of hand. She was glad he always had her back in shit like this. She shot one final venomous look at Sierra as she was absorbed by the crowd, before turning her attention back to Wyatt and shrugging, trying her best to look like she didn't notice the crowd at all as she began to walk the way they'd been heading before, praying that they'd just go away if she didn't pay attention to them.

((Faith C. Marshal-Mackenzie continued in Open Door Policy))
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

[+] Pregame
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Memories:
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Wyatt turned his shoulder to give Faith something resembling a shred of dignity as she walked from his side, on to wherever she needed to be next. If memory served, they had their next period in the same wing, maybe three doors down the hall or something. Couldn't be fucked to remember the exact teacher, though. Before hitting the bricks to follow her, he gave a look back to the small crowd that had formed over the little spat they'd just witnessed. Throwing a shit-eating grin and a shrug of the shoulders, all he had to say on the matter was:

"Show's over, everybody."

((Wyatt Carter, continued in present day, present time))

Return to “Memories from the Past”