Wild International

A solitary cottage that sets off by itself, away from the main settlement. It's a simple place of only four rooms, and it was probably the island home of one of the higher-ups on the military base at one time. Outside sits a small well that it's hard to see the bottom of, even in the middle of the day. Overall, the place has a peaceful atmosphere... one that begs to be destroyed.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

((Dante continued from elsewhere))

Dante Cooper was beginning to become upset. For the past day and a half, he'd been searching the wide array of corpses that were scattered around the island in the hopes of finding something that he could use as a weapon, preferably a gun of some sort. Unfortunately for him, his luck seemed to be running on a dry spell. Dante had travelled up and down the island, and searched nearly everywhere that he could think of, and all of it was simply leading him to one, very simple conclusion.

He was going to have to obtain a weapon by some other means.

Dante hadn't wanted it to come down to that, but the odds were beginning to stack themselves against him with each passing second that he didn't have any kind of a weapon. The brutal fact of the matter was that instead of finding something that he could use, he was probably going to have to take it by force.

Using force wasn't the part that bothered Dante, but rather the fact that any person who he saw that had a weapon likely knew how to use it, and wouldn't have any qualms with shooting the fighter on sight, especially if they knew how lethal that he could be sans weapon.

At this point, Dante had crept into the cottage area and was watching the occupants of the cottage talk amongst themselves. Dante had observed all of them before while on his travels, and he knew that almost all of them had a kill to their names. Each of the people was armed, and had some sort of knowledge about them with their weapon. The most obvious weapon of the group came from the tall lanky student council treasurer; Ryan was his name, who held a rather vicious-looking assault rifle.

If I could get my hands on that, it might be exactly what I need...

The treasurer held the weapon fairly loosely, probably not giving it as much support as it needed; the sign of fatigue easily readable on the lanky boy's features. Dante knew that all he needed to do was wait for the right moment, and make his move, and disarming him would be as easy as taking down a child.

All he needed to do now, was wait.
D/N

Post by D/N »

Eris seethed as Lulu began dressing the wound on her back. It was bad enough that she had to rely on someone to help like this, but then Digaetano began his horrid little rant at her. He would actually compare HER to those, those neanderthal children out there indulging in their gory, likely videogame-inspired murderous fantasties? How DARE he speak to her like that!

"You know what, Steve? You're such a child, really you are. Like YOU ever gave a damn about anyone outside of your precious football team and cheerleader buddies! Did you honestly think that ANY of those relationships of yours would last beyond this trip? You've had a free ride your whole life!"

Working to calm herself onec again, she lifted her chin slightly.

"But you know what? I'm going to be the bigger person here. I'm not going to comment any more on that. Whatever the case, I'm not going to shoot you."

Then of course, there was Atwell's plan, which he outlined with far more enthusiasm as she guessed the rest of them felt about it. On the surface, it sounded ridiculous, and had more holes than you could drive a truck through. They were going to actually ATTACK the armed terrorists who might be on this island?! If she was going to run into something with suicidal abandon, well, she could just go out into the jungle and seek out one of her psychotic classmates!

Maybe she should tag along and see if anything might come out of it. She had to keep her options open, after all. And there was indeed one more factor eating at the back of Eris Marquis' mind. The idea that IF Atwell's plan had any merit, that she would most certainly need to be a part of it. And she would use this opportunity to show people like Digaetano just WHY she deserved to survive this.

Because whether she won this game the "traditional" way, or found a loophole, THAT would be what her survival would prove. Her.... superiority, to put it succinctly. And if more than one of them survived this game, then SHE would be the one to make it happen.

Lulu agreed to the idea immediately, as Eris figured she would, and she spoke up as well.

"Honestly Ryan, I can't say I'm convinced. BUT, I'm willing to give it a shot. You can count on me. Because unlike YOU, Steve, I'm not just going to wish death on the rest of us here."

That was partly the truth, of course. She didn't particularily mind if people like Lulu or Ryan survived alongside her. They were inconsequential, but not especially grating or terrible to be around. Even Dawson would be fine with her as long as she didn't start going on about what went down at the brook.

"So, it's your move, Digaetano."

She nodded down to Dawson/Trannie Girl at the entrance.

"And yours."

But as she waited for the rest of them to respond, she felt one last thought in the back of her mind, and it made her grin slightly. Of course, none of the others would consider it, but like she said, she had to keep her options open.

You know Eris... maybe, just maybe Danya's men would be interested to know about this little uprising in advance. Perhaps interested enough to reward someone who informed them of such?

Yes. Yes there was also that. Of course, she wasn't about to just run off and scream their plans to whomever may be listening. And such an act certainly wouldn't reflect well on her. But if it came down to it, well that's just how things might go.
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!
G080 - Nikki Nelson-Kelly - DECEASED Castles Fall in the Sand

v6!
B029: Aiden Slattery - DECEASED Get Off the Floor
G058: Kaitlyn Greene - DECEASED She Knew She'd Found Freedom

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
Namira

Post by Namira »

Apparently nobody even wanted to give Dacey the time of day, so she remained hanging around awkwardly in the area around the cottage and on the fringes of the conversation. Up until Eris spoke to her that was.

Eris... Dacey wasn't sure about her at all. In fact, she was almost certain that the other girl was bad news. Ryan's plan... well, it seemed good and all, but would it work? They were talking about dealing with Danya, a guy who could kill them at the flick of a switch. It was callous and it was ammoral, but this close to the end of the game? Dacey was wondering about taking her chances with trying to survive the game the good old fashioned way rather than risking her neck with a far-fetched plan.

How can I even be thinking that? What the hell would Rick say? It's about the 'bad guys' not about winning. If I decide to shoot everyone in sight it makes me no better than the people we were trying to take out!

But... all the same. I'm not going to stick with this if Eris is here. I don't care what she says, there will be an ulterior motive.

"Know what you guys? Good luck and all. Sounds like it could work. But I had a piece of advice for you," Dacey gestured at Eris. "That girl? Bad news. Take this at face value if you want, I don't really care. She tried to shoot me in the back of the head a little while back and no matter what act she's pulling now, I'm willing to bet she'll try the same thing on you guys somewhere down the line. Sure, it's my word against hers, but like I said: if you don't take my advice, it's on your own heads. I'm just trying to do the right thing,"

Dacey, having said her piece, turned and began walking away. Well, tried. She didn't get too far before practically tripping over one Dante Cooper. Dacey spilled to the ground facefirst, quickly rolling over and one hand going almost reflexively to the butt of her Type 77.

"What the heck are you doing sneaking around anyway?" she hissed at him.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steve frowned with disappointment at Ryan's plan. The kid had a damn good heart, but in the end it would be just a bunch of malnourished, weakened kids against fully trained and energized soldiers.

"Look Atwell, the idea is excellent, but execution is going to be a problem. Coach always told us before the game, if you aren't sure on a play just throw the ball away. I think that applies here man. It will be us against trained soldiers with a lot better weapons than we have, and don't forget, they can track us using these fucking things." Steve jiggled the collar on his neck.

He looked around the scene hating to be the one to look at it realistically. It was then that Eris Marquis spoke, and something she said flipped the wrong switch in Steve's mind.

"You know what, Steve? You're such a child, really you are. Like YOU ever gave a damn about anyone outside of your precious football team and cheerleader buddies!

Steve heard nothing after that. His head had snapped around and his eyes bore a hole right through Eris. His breathing became heavy and without even realizing it he had raised the revolver and pointed it at Eris' head.

"Don't you ever fucking say that. Don't YOU EVER FUCKING SAY THAT!! I cared more about my friends than you will EVER know! I loved my friends you stupid bitch. Don't you ever assume you know anything about me. YOU KNOW FUCK ALL. At least I actually had people who gave a damn about me. How's that feel Eris? How does it feel to go through high school knowing EVERYONE HATES YOU!!"

Steve pulled the hammer back with his thumb. No one would judge him for this one. Everyone here right now wouldn't care. Her parents probably wouldn't care. Everything in Steve's head was telling him to shoot this girl. But he couldn't. He kept the gun pointed at her, but he couldn't pull the trigger. He had no reason too. Yes she'd insulted him, but she had not attacked him. What would Gabe think? What would Viki or Serenity think? No. He was better than that. He slowly returned the hammer to its safe position.

"No. I won't sink that low. I won't sink to your underhanded, selfish ways, but I promise you that if you give me a reason, I will not hesitate to blow your head clean off."

Steve turned away from the girl as he watched Dacey leave the area, seeming to agree that Eris would stab them in the back. It was then something happened. Dacey fell. Steve raced over to the girl, getting his revolver ready. As he neared the spot where Dacey fell, his eyes fell over Dante Cooper.

"What the hell is going on here?" He said as he offered his hand to Dacey to help her up.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Dante had to think quickly, for he had not counted on a girl falling over top of him. She was demanding to know what he was doing here, all the while, putting her hand on the butt of what looked like a fairly appetizing Type 77.

"I...Well I wanted to hear what you were talking about before I approached," Dante replied calmly, "I didn't know if you guys were dangerous."

Dante waited for her reply, but she wasn't given a chance for Steve Digaetano came bounding over asking the same question, but Dante wasn't even listening to him. Sure Steve had the revolver aimed, but Dante had an opening. Dacey had turned her head to Steve and this was Dante's chance. He could grab the pistol and use Dacey as a shield.

Without thinking twice, Dante quickly shuffled behind Dacey reaching for her gun.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((I'm not feeling too well but I need to get something up...))

Dacey definitely hadn't being paying enough attention to her surroundings. First, she had tripped over somebody, and now that another person had come over to help... well, she found herself in even more trouble.

With her eyes on Steve and distracted momentarily, Dacey could do nothing but cry out in alarm as she felt a weight suddenly lifted from one hip. There was only one thing that it could have been: Dante had set his eyes on her guns and decided he liked what he saw. So much so that he had figured he might as well take one for himself it seemed.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Wait, no time to think! Just act!

Everything was happening so quickly that all Dacey had time to do was pull out the other pistol - the much more powerful desert eagle, and get a firm two-handed grip on it. She began to wheel, but undoubtedly Dante would have made his next move before she could bring the gun to bear...
D/N

Post by D/N »

When Eris had finished her piece, she had expected that to be the end of things between herself and Digaetano. It was only when she turned around and saw Steve's revolver pointed directly at her face that she began to reconsider that opinion.

Her only response was a whimpering gasp that she hated herself for seconds later, but thankfully, he'd put away his gun soon after, but not before another series of vile comments that twisted her face into an uncontrollable expression of rage.

Things got even worse when Dawson or whoever spoke up, spilling to everyone that Eris had fired at her earlier. That BITCH. It wasn't like Eris had even planned or expected to hit HER, she'd been concerned with Holeman! And besides, that had been what, two days ago!

As Dawson turned to leave, Eris kept her head bowed and her eyes on the wood floor of the deck. Maybe she could convince Atwell and Lulu to get rid of Digaetano or something, and move forward with the two of them. No, that wouldn't work. She'd offered herself to this group, and they'd spit in her face. Besides Lulu, they hadn't even bothered to say a decent word to her. No, Eris Marquis didn't matter to them. Couldn't they see? Couldn't they see that they were NOTHING without her?

It was at that point that Eris felt Steve move past her, and she raised her head to see that another person had entered the fray, some guy she didn't recognize offhand. He'd apparently been skulking in the bushes like a moron, and Dawson had collided with him when she'd turned to leave.

As Steve extended his hand to help the tall girl up, Eris caught a glimpse in the new boy's eyes, realizing in advance what he was trying for. Digaetano and Dacey wouldn't have caught it, no of course not. They were simply too dumb to see what was right under their faces. And even as Dante Cooper was moving to grab Dawson's gun, Eris was lifting hers as well.

She'd show them. She'd show them.

Shooting to her feet, Eris quickly made her way down the steps of the cottage and stopped there, raising her pistol at the group.

She took aim.

"HEY YOU!!"

And before she knew it, she'd depressed the trigger four times.
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!

v5!

v4!

v3!
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Shortly after Lulu dressed Eris' wounds, Eris stood up and began yelling at Steve. Lulu wrung her hands nervously, wanting to intervene and stop them, but she felt it just wasn't her place. She watched helplessly. Unfortunately, she wasn't a peace maker and if she stepped between them, Lulu would probably make things worse or possibly get caught in the line of fire if they decided to have a face-off or something.

Fortunately, Eris calmed down and agreed to help them. Lulu clapped her small hands together and grinned. "Good!" she said cheerily. She hated when arguments broke out. In her head, she wanted things to go just perfectly, but there were just so many instances where things didn't go accordingly as planned.

But then Dacey spoke. Lulu turned towards her and listened to what she had to say. Before the girl left, she warned them of Eris. About how Eris had tried to shoot Dacey. Lulu followed Dacey with her eyes before turning back to Eris. "Huh...? Is that true, Eris?" she asked. Then Lulu regretted asking since maybe there was a reason for the shooting. Or not. Maybe she just didn't want to know at all.

She just wasn't sure what to do or say anymore. She kept her mouth shut and turned away from the others slightly, encased in her own thoughts.

Steve's harsh voice brought her back to reality, as she saw him screaming and pointing his gun at Eris. Lulu's eyes widened slightly and she shrunk back, unsure of how to handle this. From what Steve was saying(or yelling) Eris was supposedly hated at school. Lulu didn't really know this and wasn't sure if this detail mattered or not. Maybe it did. It definitely did if Lulu was going to trust this girl or not.

As she watched him walk off in the direction of Dacey, Lulu shook her head slightly, sitting in the grass. She was so tired and overwhelmed. She wanted to rest and take a break from this game for just one single day. Before she managed to zone out again, she glanced up slightly as Eris yelled out at the group ahead and began firing her gun.

Lulu was a little confused, unsure of what was going on. She had no clue that there was a stranger in the vicinity, Dante, and he had just stole Dacey's gun. She squinted her eyes slightly, but couldn't see much. Her glasses were getting so dirty and scratched lately. Taking them off, she cleaned the lenses with the edge of her sweater. "What in the world is going on..?" she thought to herself. She had a feeling that someone was in danger.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam!

Dacey's finger tightened on the trigger of the desert eagle as she jerked back, struck from behind twice - in the small of her back and just underneath her right shoulder. After discharging, the pistol flew out of her tenuous grasp, clattering to the ground some distance from Dacey.

But she didn't pay any attention to that - didn't even realise that she had just fired straight at Dante, albeit accidentally. Dacey crumpled, going from upright to staring up at the sky in a single toppling motion.

"Ugh! W-what...?" her lips were wet, had she drooled or something? She brought a hand up to her mouth, it came away covered in blood.

"...Trouble,"

What the hell had happened? Somebody had shot her in the back, that could mean Steve, that ... Ryan guy, or...

"Eris..." Dacey whispered. "I fucking... knew it,"

...This is it... I'm done. I'm... fucking dying.

"Steve," she called weakly. "Kill that bitch..."

I wonder if this is how-

G57 DACEY ASHCROFT - ELIMINATED
Ares

Post by Ares »

God damn it...

Everything had gone to hell. Unintentionally Steve had provided a distraction for Dante to wrestle Dacey. Steve had no clear shot or way to stop them. If she died right now, it was on him and no one else.

Steve drew his revolver around as Dante picked up Dacey's second pistol and was preparing to use it. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion, as Steve heard the first blast of a gunshot, and instinctively squeezed the trigger of the King Cobra, aimed at Dante.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

He had it. He'd won the battle for the gun and was about to use it when as suddenly as the confrontation had begun it was over.

Dante heard several gunshots, some louder than others before he felt the pain of bullets entering his body. The first was one of the shots fired by Eris, entering Dante through his side and piercing his right lung.

He started to cough up blood as he dropped the pistol he was holding.

More gunshots, this time from in front of him. Steve's shot entered through the heart as Dacey's shot with the Desert Eagle destroyed Dante's facial structure. It was like a small explosion of blood, bone and brain matter as he corpse fell forward spilling blood on to the grass.

He'd known the risk when he took it, and unfortunately Dante's risk did not pay off.

B63 - Dante Cooper - Eliminated
Ares

Post by Ares »

More gunshots than his own had been fired. Steve could see in his peripheral vision that Dacey had also fired at Dante and that their combined efforts had fallen him. Steve had managed to save her. He sighed in relief as he dropped to his knees smiling. Disaster averted.

"Wha..."

Steve heard Dacey's voice muttered the word, 'Trouble' as she slumped to her back. There was blood coming from her mouth and a hole in her chest.

"No! Dacey, no! He didn't shoot...he didn't.." Steve was frantic, trying to use whatever he could to stop the bleeding, but it was coming from her body so fast, so very fast.

"Eris. I fucking...knew it. Steve, kill that bitch.

At these words Steve turned his head to see that Eris was indeed holding her gun and it was pointed in their direction. He turned back to Dacey who's eyes had closed.

"Hey!...No, Dacey come on. Wake up! Wake up damn it," Steve grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her, "Come on! COME on...COME ON!!! FUUUUUUUUCK!!!"

Steve screamed the last word in absolute rage. His eyes turned away from the corpse of Dacey Ashcroft and found the Type 77 lying a couple feet away from where he was, followed by his eyes seeing the spare ammo in Dacey's bag. Shaking in anger Steve grabbed the ammo from his bag, and grabbed the pistol.

He quickly pointed both his own revolver and the 77 at Eris and walked towards her, his screams laced with rage and frustration.

"Why!? What the fuck are you thinking? You fucking killed her. YOU FUCKING KILLED HER! She didn't do a god damn thing to you you stupid bitch."

Steve re-cocked the hammer on the revolver with his thumb.

"You have exactly 10 seconds to explain that, or leave. Believe me," Steve snarled his eyes wide with anger, "You DO NOT want me to get to 10."
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Lulu was frozen with panic. Everything around her was shattering again and she felt like running as fast as she possibly could. This girl, Eris, the girl that she had just patched up, had shot and killed Dacey. Was it an accident? Was it on purpose? It was the not-knowing part that scared Lulu.

But two people were dead and it was freaking Lulu out. From Steve's reaction, she could tell that Dacey was gone. And whatever intruder who had come upon them was probably dead as well.

They were just trying to form a comfortable little group, why was it ending like this? It was eerily similar to Lulu's last group. Maybe these alliances were just all destined to end in ruin. This thought alone was almost enough to scare her away from these strangers. Stay away from groups. Be a loner. Survive alone and alone only. But Lulu knew she just wasn't strong enough. It wasn't possible.

Before she knew it, Steve had approached Eris, two guns aimed right at her. Rage shined in his eyes as he cursed, screamed and demanded to know why Eris had killed Dacey. He threatened to kill Eris if she didn't explain her situation in ten seconds.

Lulu didn't want to intervene. When guns were involved, she just wanted to back away slowly and run. Who's side should she take? Maybe Eris really was dangerous.

Before Lulu could get too deep in thought, she heard the announcements. Mr. Danya's cheerful voice made her vaguely pissed off, but she was too scared to truly be angered. Who cared about him when she was dealing with this?

Most of the names were a little unfamiliar to Lulu except for the most obvious, Dacey and the last name, Dante. By the way Danya announced his killers, it was obvious that it was he who had just died. His cruel joke towards the end of the announcement, about Dacey being dead, made Lulu see red. She hated his morbid jokes, she hated this island, she hated all these people and she definitely hated these corpses.

Thinking about the corpses inadvertently made her think of Anna(Lulu just couldn't help it, it was like an obsession) and she found herself looking over at the corpse. For a second, she had an unnatural urge to walk over to Anna and shake her. Maybe Anna would wake up like nothing had happened and they would be good 'ol pals again. Have a tea party. Dance.

The thought comforted Lulu for a moment, but she shook her head. Stop thinking about Anna! She's dead along with everyone else from your little group!

But one name seemed vaguely familiar. Shameeca Mitchell. She couldn't remember where she had heard the name, and then it came to her. It was during that whole scheme with Lenny. Lenny had lied to them, telling them that Shameeca was coming to murder James Martinek. In reality, Shameeca was coming to save him. She was like a hero or something and now she was dead.

Why was that so surprising? It's almost the end of the game. Lulu should be rejoicing. Pumping her fist up into the bright sky and giving a big whoop of joy. She was part of the sixteen kids alive! But no. Lulu felt nothing but indifference. She didn't want to be dead, but in a way, being alive wasn't much different. It was like an emotional limbo of sorts.

But something that Danya said kept comforting Lulu. "Fifteen contestants must die, one of you gets to go home!" This thought was like a fuzzy blanket. Lulu imagined curling up by a warm fire at home. Safe, alive and well. Her grandmother would be there beside her, congratulating her on her safety.

Yeah right. Like that would happen. Lulu really didn't think that going home would be an option. She felt so close, but so far. Whatever, stop thinking about winning or losing. The only that matters now is...now. The present.

Her head snapped back to the announcements. She just managed to catch the danger zones. Unfortunately, the cottage was one of them. "Crap..." Lulu muttered, wiping sweat from her brow. She looked down at the dirt, thinking about the announcements. "So Lenny's still alive is he? If I meet him again..I won't let him be the one to kill me. I'll kill him first! I'm not being the weak, meek Lulu anymore!!"

But she was the weak, meek Lulu so she did nothing but glance around nervously at the people in front of her. Steve had his guns trained on Eris. "Um..um guys, I think..yeah, this place is going to be a danger zone..I believe we should take this someplace else.." she told them in a slightly quivering voice.

She really didn't want her head to get blown up after coming so far. Grabbing her stuff and gripping her scythe tightly, she started walking out of the cottage area, glancing back slightly at her companions to see if they were coming or not. Whether the group followed or not was their decision. Really, she just didn't want to see Eris and Steve battle it out. Maybe they'd call a momentary truce or something. "I've seen enough blood to last me a life time..icky.."

((Lulu Altaire continued elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
D/N

Post by D/N »

*tiny GMing on Steve here, if Dan has any problems with it I'll change it*

Eris Marquis smiled with the utmost satisfaction as she saw the bullet hit Dante Coooper, and not just because she'd finally managed to hit someone. Dacey and Steve, no doubt allerted to the situation by her, had turned and fired themselves, and he collapsed backwards. And it had all been because of her. She'd proven once again that she was the only one here who could possibly....

Then Dacey fell to the ground, and everything went to hell, and Eris Marquis came quite rapidly to a realization about herself.

"No! NO! Look, I was aiming for that guy! He, he was going for her gun and you two didn't notice it! I wasn't aiming for her Steve I swear it...."

HOW did everything always manage to go wrong? Why did things have to be so difficult for her?! She was supposed to take out Dante, and finally be recognized for her greatness by the rest of them! Instead, the lanky girl had gotten her stupid ass in the way and managed to get taken out as well. And they were blaming HER for that? Now they were considering a murderer? She was NOT. She was not one of those crazy killing students, not one of those psychos just looking to kill.

She was just looking to survive.

Wasn't she?

"Look, it would be so stupid for me to just shoot her Ryan Lulu back me up here I didn't mean to shoot her Steve believe me"

Steve was clearly not listening. He didn't care. And of course, why would he? All his life, he'd had everything given to him. All his life, he'd taken from people like her. He'd had what she should have had. He'd been who she should have been. And now Steve Digaetano was going to take this game from her.

She somehow managed to keep her fingers on the gun, though it was pointed at the cottage planks, completely useless to her. He had the drop on her, and she couldn't do anything but try to plead for her life.

"Please Steve I didn't mean to shoot her I was trying to help I'll go I'll leave just don't shoot please"

Then the announcements came on. That drooling idiot in charge of this whole thing went on with his unfully spiel, of course announcing her straight up as Dacey's killer, as if she was one those mental cases like Rizzolo or Lex Machina.

Now, it was all ruined. Everyone would put just lump her in with them, and everything she'd worked for, everything she'd WANTED, well it would all just go up in smoke. She'd tried to play this game with logic, with intelligence, the way that it SHOULD be played, but at every corner it seemed that the universe itself was conspiring against Eris Marquis, ruining everything.

No.

Lulu, who although clearly ridiculously naive and stupid was the only one of their group who'd proven to be worth a damn, quickly took off, and she could see that Digaetano's had momentarily shifted his vision to see her leave. And when his attention was distracted for that split second, she took the chance, and raised her gun. By the time he turned back, she'd raised her Taurus in both hands, pointing it directly at him.

Of course, Steve still had his guns pointed in her direction, so she couldn't just well shoot him, but at least he wouldn't just shoot her now. Atwell was there too, but he was in her field of vision and if he'd decided to take a shot, she'd have enough time to pull the trigger herself.

And the three of them stood there for a long moment, knowing that their collars would soon start to beep. And the tears were running down her face again, and she had no choice but to acknowledge them this time.

How had it all come to this?

She spoke.

"You wanted to know how it felt to be hated, Steve? Let me ask you how you feel right now, Digaetano. You're alone. All your friends are gone. People are coming to kill you on this island. How do you feel? Well, that's how I've felt EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE, thanks to people like you. You too, Atwell. I came here, I was willing to work with you and your stupid plan, and Lulu, she was the only was even willing to SPEAK with me like a civilised person! If you two had been more like her, then NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! I TRIED to help, and you two spat right in my face! You, you're the big football here Steve! You're one of the big shots on the council Ryan! You should be PROTECTING people like Lulu, like everyone else! You should be LISTENING to people like me!

And you just come up to my face and you, and you have the NERVE to call me those things?! FUCK you, Digaetano. I'M ERIS MARQUIS, AND YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN ME!! You thought you had it all, didn't you?! You had NOTHING. Like me, Steve.

You've got nothing left."

She kept the gun pointed in Steve's direction, and momentarily flicked her eyes to Ryan.

"Atwell, put your gun down. This is between me and the hero here."

The situation had even caused the cut on her forehead to open itself up again, and blood began seeping through the bandage there. It ran in a small trickle down her face as she returned her glare to the star quarterback in front of her.

"So you think you deserve to live, Steve? You think you deserve it more than I do?! Fine! Then you go ahead and shoot! C'mon! Try to take me out without getting shot yourself, big football hero!"

Maybe one of them would walk away from the cottage. Maybe none of them would walk away from here. But Eris would make certain that both of them wouldn't.

"You heard the speakers, Steve. We've got about four minutes left. I'm betting you blink first. Unless you really are the hero."

She held the gun in unsteady hands.
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!

v5!

v4!

v3!
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Gooood Morning Children..."

Of course he'd make the announcements right now. The bastard. Fucking typical of the luck Steve was having on the island. Here he was about to blow a bitch away, finally about to embrace the sheer frustration of over a week of nothing but shitty days and sleepless nights, and he went and ruined it. The announcement ended and Steve turned his eyes back to Eris who had brought her own gun up. She told him that they only had about 3-4 minutes, and she was right. Steve narrowed his eyes at her comment about being the hero.

"I'm nobody's fucking hero. I haven't been for 11 days. You can think what you want Eris, the fact is I have never been alone until now. I have watched my best friends die before my eyes because I couldn't save them. Can you say the same thing? Can you say you haven't been alone for 11 days? I'm betting you can't, and that is your problem. You never learned that you need to embrace people instead of pushing them away. So you know what, no I'm not going to shoot you. You're going to walk that way, Ryan and I are going to walk this way."

Steve adjusted his bag on right shoulder, then the Garand's carrying strap slung across his body. He lowered his guns and motioned to Ryan that it was time to go.

As they walked away Steve turned back to Eris,

"You know Eris. Even after all of that shit, I can still say I pity you. I really do."

He turned back around and continued his strides.

Return to “Small Cottage”