Death and All His Friends

Unlike the rest of the base, the storehouse is still largely intact from its glory days forty years ago, other than the conspicuous fact that all the windows are gone, the glass broken out of their frames. Inside the massive steel doors, one would not find anything useful. The only thing the soldiers left when they abandoned the island outpost were crates, chairs, and a decently sized table where they used to play cards. To the immediate left of the doors are the words "10/31/1967, PFC Herman Clemets won his first arm-wrestling tournament, scoring a massive upset over SSgt Westmore, the unbeaten champ. Just in time for us to get out of this hellhole, too!" spraypainted in bright green.
Ciel†

Death and All His Friends

Post by Ciel† »

(Madison Conner continued from A Moment's Hesitation/The Pedestrian)

The MPK5 was one of the most powerful weapon in the game. Madison Conner didn't know this, but the fact that she had a gun with ammo made her feel at least a little better. She was much stronger now: no one was going to do anything crazy while she had this. There were a few more clips left from Melina's bag, plenty enough to go around but Madison was going to have to conserve. Wasting bullets wasn't going to help her in the end.

This made Madison wonder how Paul came across this gun in the first place. Did he take it? If he did, then what was the point in taking it when you barely had anything to use with it? Matters would have been easier had Paul just killed Melina but he didn't. A bitch like that and he couldn't even save everyone the trouble of having to deal with her antics, but he didn't. Just like what happened with her: Paul had all the opportunity in the world but didn't take it. Madison shivered. I think... he just acted tough. Had I known... I wouldn't have tried to attack him.

Too late for regrets.

Madison's features began to soften. Maybe the air surrounding Melina put Madison under a bad spell, which made at least a little bit of sense because Madison deeply hated Melina. Her face looked much more calm and relaxed(although this contradicted the tornado of emotions inside of her), although she still didn't look close to smiling. Smiling did not apply to Madison anymore, though she could surprise herself.

Besides, smiling was not the reaction Madison had when she saw the entrance to the Storehouse. Moreover it was a look of disbelief.

"... what the fuck?"

A few bodies were sprawled in the entrance. It was very hard to see in the dark but she could make out one of them when she stepped closer. Branca. Madison hated Branca. She hated people who would hide behind the popular people, acting as though they were their best friends. It sickened her, but what was more disgusting was the large gap in Branca's head. Madison felt the need to vomit. She looked away, down at the chainsaw that sat perfectly still next to the fat girl.

Madison could use a chainsaw... could she?

No... I don't need any use for a chainsaw, but I have a bad feeling this thing will come back to haunt me at some point....

There really wasn't any reason not to take it (if only to hide it). Madison made sure to pick up the chainsaw with her right arm. It was heavier than she anticipated, and stumbled over slightly. The door to the storehouse had been left slightly open, just enough for her to easily move it with her foot. She saw that there was another body inside but she did her best to ignore what condition it was in. Her stomach was in a bad condition and seeing anymore violence... what was she kidding? She's seen enough violence to be able to handle anything that came at her.

Madison didn't look at anything else other than a convenient set of stairs. They weren't even that big, but to Madison they were hard to climb. Once she finally got to the top she let out a sigh of exhaustion and headed for the last door on the right hand side. The storeroom in there was full of cobwebs and the sight of it's age made her shiver. Why am I cold all of a sudden? It feels like I'm in a freezer or something... This was the perfect place to put her chainsaw. All she had to do was move a few boxes around, place the chainsaw in a corner and hide it. It was simple or at least it looked that way. Moving the boxes proved to be more difficult than she imagined.

I need sleep. Yeah, that's what I need....

Madison stumbled out of the room, fighting for her own balance. She checked the next door seeing that it was completely empty. The last room had a couch and a desk, and the sight of some form of furniture made Madison giddy. The couch looked comfortable. Very comfortable. She was going to finally get some sleep: something that she desperately needed. If only for a few moments... it was better than not getting any sleep at all. She smiled softly as she laid down on the chesterfield, stretching every single part of her body out. Her shoes slid off her feet and fell on the floor. She turned on her side, closing her eyes. She was ready for the drowsiness to overshadow her like the nighttime sky outside.

She still had her gun clenched down tightly in her left hand.

You know, just in case.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

(I'm adopting Anna Grout by request of her handler. She's continued from At a Loss.)

Anna was sick of the rain.

She'd left the brook almost an entire day ago now, and since then had found no shelter from the rain. Her tired, aching muscles craved a place to rest, and her white shirt was soaked through. Anna had definitely picked the wrong trip not to wear a bra on. She wasn't looking for any special attention, she really just found herself more comfortable without one normally, especially with her above-average bust size. Now, however, she was regretting that choice immensely.

The pit-stop had the brook had been an interesting experience for Anna. She'd hid in the bushes, helpless as Sloan was murdered by Trish in front of her eyes. The bastard had it coming - clearly he wasn't very good at picking his battles - but his death wasn't what really bugged her. Her real worry was how detached she felt from the gore and general trauma of watching her only real ally get killed. She'd even found herself laughing no more than five minutes afterward!

"Don't lose it. You're better than that."

Shaking the thoughts out of her head, Anna pressed forward. Somewhere along the way she'd lost all sight of Trish, James and Danni, but that didn't bother her so much. She didn't really hold a vendetta against any of them; Sloan had definitely picked the wrong time and person to harass. Still, now that she had no weapon and no particular direction to travel in, Anna felt more alone and vulnerable than she ever had, even on the streets.

Eventually she found a break in the dense and murky foliage, and brushing her pesky blue bangs out of her face and pinning them behind her ears, Anna approached the carnage that was the outside of the storehouse. Her eyes cast cursory glances towards the bodies of the various victims, most of which hadn't yet been announced as far as she could remember, but ultimately decided she'd be safer and a lot more comfortable inside.

As she made her way in, the specks of blood on the floor clued her into the possibility that she might find more bodies here. Ultimately, it didn't take her too long to prove herself right. As she cautiously weaved through various stacks of boxes she noticed the respective corpses of James Migato and Troy McCann, and made a point to avoid them. The scenery downstairs was awful, and she doubted she'd be able to get much rest there.

Conveniently, the next thing that caught Anna's eye was a flight of stairs towards the back of the main floor. Still proceeding cautiously, she crept quietly up the stairs and onto the second level, peeking around corners and into windows where possible to see if anyone was still around. Eventually, after her making her way around the open hole cut out in the middle of the floor (despite the fact that it had a guardrail to prevent people from falling over onto the first floor the sight set Anna off the wrong way), she found herself staring over at somebody sleeping on the couch.

Madison Conner had evidently forgotten to close the door behind her before she took her nap, which Anna was subconsciously thankful for. Otherwise she would never have known that she was there. Part of her wondered if Madison was responsible for the numerous fresh corpses that burdened the area, but something in the back of her mind told her that she wouldn't have lingered around after killing that many people. Nevertheless, she was holding a gun, and Anna wasn't too comfortable approaching her.

"Well, this is it. You either take your chances and see where it gets you, or run back into that stupid jungle. What's it gonna be?"

Silently cursing her brain, Anna found herself slowly and steadily approaching Madison. For a brief moment she considered prying the gun out of her hands...

"What if she's not even sleeping?"

The thought hit Anna quickly, but it didn't slow her down. Instead of taking her chances with the weapon, she maneuvered her way into the room and positioned herself behind the desk at the other end, ready to take cover incase Madison felt like blowing her to pieces. She spoke up timidly, donning a half-genuine but somewhat over-exaggerated tone of sheer vulnerability.

"Maddy...?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison was having such a strange dream: She was in a small glass room, and outside there was blue smoke blocking out the sun. She could see hands on the glass as if they were trying to break through, slamming, pounding against the glass. She could remember that she barely had any clothes on and even though she could see no eyes watching her, she still felt that something somewhere was watching her. There were sounds like normal conversation however slowly getting more distorted and grotesque. More like monsters growling. It made her shudder to think about it.

Then she could hear someone whisper to her. She didn't know what it was, so she listened closely. The voice whispered again and she still couldn't hear it. That was when...

"Maddy...?"

Madison jumped with a start. She literally hopped a foot in the air, like a frightened cat, and came down hard against the couch. The back of her head slammed into the arm of the couch with a violent thud. She gasped in pain, her open hand holding onto the place where her head hit the couch. Her whole body teetered on the edge of the sofa and (as though a huge gust of wind hit her) she fell to the ground with a thud, laying on her side.

It took her a few seconds to compose herself, enough time for her to see that there was 'someone' on the other side of the desk. She gulped, a deep feeling of dread crawling down her chest. Madison was finding it hard to breathe. She was forgetting to act tough like she had been, and the intensity of her fear could be seen from a mile away. Was this the guy who killed all these people? Madison had a gun, she shouldn't be afraid. He held the gun close to her and slowly poked her head up far enough so only her eyes could be seen over the desk.

"W-who's there?" Madison said meekly, holding onto her gun as tightly as her hands could allow them. "I-I have a gun."

Blue hair. The room was dim but she would recognize that hair anywhere.

"Oh... Anna..." She sighed loudly, relaxing. "Jesus, you scared me... I-I thought you were someone else." She found that her lips had formed something that was not a scowl, which was a very strange thing to feel after having a grim look for such a long time. She still didn't smile. "F-Fancy meeting you here," was about the only thing she could add at the time, still quite overcome by a feeling between fear and shock.

Anna Grout wasn't a good friend of Madison's but wearing bright blue hair was bound to stick out in people's minds. Anna was a rebellious girl (like her friend Kyrie in that respect): she had a motorbike after all, wore dark clothing and overall just LOOKED like a lesbian. Just hanging out with someone like Anna would give Madison a dirty label that she didn't want. While Madison was very certain about this assumption, it was hard for her to pretend not to like the girl because Anna was a gifted artist. Anna was not part of the art club but Madison had seen her paintings. They were deep and intelligent but at the same time very beautiful. Yes, it was very hard for Madison to just ignore someone who's skills outranked many others.

In this regard she wasn't nervous, but she wasn't going to fully relaxed either. Madison had been unfortunate to see the nicest kids at school die terribly and she knew quite well that trusting the wrong person would most likely be the end for her. It was hard to act as cold as ice towards someone she admired, so she at least tried not to let any emotions bleed out like any deep cut would do.

She collapsed back onto the couch, her hands still holding onto her machine gun. She looked up at Anna, struggling to say something. Come on, say something. Don't let her just sit there, say something!

"Uhh... H-How have you been holding up Anna?"

Not the best of things to ask a person in such a situation but for Madison it was probably the best she could come up with. She was uncomfortable and anyone with half a brain could figure that out. Madison looked at Anna's clothes, which were soaked so much that they actually looked heavy.

"Wow... y-you look like shit."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

Madison's response was quicker than she expected, and almost as soon as the shocked girl bolted off the couch Anna found herself grabbing firm hold of the table in surprise. Her awakening was hardly graceful, but once Madison had steadied herself Anna found herself torn between concern for the girl and extreme caution. Madison hardly had to tell her she had a gun - that much was pretty obvious.

Swallowing a little and finding herself at a loss for words, Anna listened to Madison intently, all the while surveying the girl's petite body for any hint that she might go on the attack. Her meek and mild manners crept through just like they had in the rare instances the two had interacted back at Southridge, though, and Anna relaxed visibly. The fact that Madison thought she was someone else struck her as a bit odd, but she decided to try to lighten the mood. If there was anything she'd learned from watching Sloan get gunned down, it was not to make a scene if it could be avoided.

"Who else could I be?" She interjected in jest, offering a forced smile to the jittery girl.

About twenty seconds of awkward silence filled the room afterwards, and Anna put her day pack on the table just as Madison asked her how she'd been holding up. Truth be told she felt like crap; her white shirt (and entire body for that matter) was soaked through, she wasn't wearing a bra, she had no way to defend herself other than scraps of jiu-jitsu that ultimately wouldn't prove too useful against most people, and she hadn't slept in days. Before Anna even got a chance to express that, however, Madison threw in a little awkward jab of her own. Anna wasn't sure what to make of it, but still opting not to create any trouble, she kept her cool and sat on the edge of the table.

"Gee, thanks," she began briskly, putting her hands on her knees and looking Madison over. "You don't look so great yourself!" she returned, hoping to ease her up a bit. Eventually she decided to answer Madison's first question as a way to break the silence.

"I've been...awful. I got a skull as my weapon, so I've got nothing. I was with Sloan for a while, but well...you probably heard," she trailed off. "I was just looking for somewhere to get out of the rain, if you don't mind," she requested, taking a peek around the room before returning her gaze to Madison.

"Oh, and uh...you might want to close the door next time you take a nap."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison shrugged, curling up on the sofa. She had finally calmed herself down but her hand was still tied around the gun. "Yeah. I just... well, it's just been such a very long week and my mind isn't at it's best... I really thought you were someone else."

She was completely unaware that her legs were propped up on the couch, and that her hands slowly found themselves around them. While all of her own clothes were soaked, her socks surprisingly were the cleanest article of clothing she had on. Madison let out a deep sigh, pulling her socks up from her ankles. Anna was a nice enough girl but all the same this game changed Madison. No doubt it would have changed her too, like it did to everyone else. This was why whatever trust she had, no matter how great it was, was not enough to allow Madison to let her guard drop.

Madison forced herself to respond to Anna, her attempts at easing Madison up working slightly. "I guess that's the norm, looking like shit..."

It was actually quite pathetic. Madison had a gun: a gun that could make so many large holes in Anna that she'd be completely unrecognizable. Anna had nothing of the sort. Madison had the upper hand, but she didn't want to hurt anyone. Truth be told she probably wouldn't have it in her to kill someone like Anna, a person that was at least a little bit close to her. Still, the fact that she didn't have a weapon on her made Madison feel sad. I started out with something decent. she told herself. Anna started out with nothing. Makes me regret I even took this gun... She didn't make a move to close the door but she looked towards it for the longest time.

"I... I have an axe in my bag." she said off-handily. "That's about the only thing in there... I have a knife, and a bright light that blinds people. I found a gun, like I said... alot of ammo too. I don't need the axe, I've used it before and it's very sharp. You could probably use it alot more than I will..." She swung her legs off of the sofa onto the ground, picking the bag up with both of her hands around the strap. She dropped the bag onto the desk and, for what seemed like ages, gave the faintest hint of a smile. "Just take it. It would make me feel a little bit better, helping a friend in need."
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

"Well that was easier than I thought."

"Are you sure...?" Anna started, looking up towards Madison. Almost as soon as she'd asked Madison insisted that she take it, punctuating the gesture by placing her bag on the table beside Anna. Taking a quick peek through the bag it didn't take her long to find the fire axe, and she wasted no time in taking it out and placing it down on the desk beside her.

Turning her gaze up towards Madison, Anna swore she could make out traces of a smile creep across the meek girl's features. It was a strange sight, really; for the short while she'd been an acquaintace of Madison's she really couldn't ever remember the girl smiling. It was cute.

"Madison, thanks..." Anna muttered hollowly, meaning to sound slightly more sincere than she actually did. Unfortunately, the grimness of their situation had all but drained Anna's sense of joy. At this point she was thankful to have found somebody that wasn't out to get her. She didn't often let her guard down, but for the moment, she embraced the feeling. It was strangely comforting.

"Quite the friendship gesture, huh?" she indicated, tapping the handle of the fire axe. She couldn't help but giggle a little afterwards, quite uncharacteristic of her. The air around the storehouse was less stale than it was most other places, especially on the second floor, and the smell of death was less overwhelming. Combined with the fact that Madison was the first person she'd seen with a gun that hadn't opened fire (or tried to in James' case), Anna was considerably relaxed.

"Want some food? I took some extras from the airfield," she offered in return for the weapon, removing two tins of crackers from her bag. She kept one on her lap and opened it, placing the other on the side of the desk that Madison was standing on. Satisfied with the situation, Anna started eating and taking occasional sips from one of her water bottles. She kept an eye on Madison every so often, hoping the present wasn't some kind of tactical diversion, but fairly certain of her own safety.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Yeah... I'm sure... I'm very sure..." Madison shrugged, looking down at the desk with a blank stare. She didn't do it for Anna so much as she did it to make herself feel better. Anna's hollow thanks didn't garner the feeling Madison had hoped but she didn't care. Anna was happy or at least in a way and that made her happy as well. The weight in her legs was systematically making her body fall apart. She needed a seat, and badly. Without another word she plopped back down onto the cough, letting out a yawn. Madison had some sleep in her but it wasn't enough in any way.

Anna giggled at the friendly gesture. It was something Madison never thought she would ever see. Anna was not the kind of girl who giggled, she certainly looked too manly, too odd to giggle like a girl. Madison's head perked up and she stared at Anna for the longest time, just staring at her. She didn't say anything, she just looked as though there was a huge bug on Anna's face.

She smiled broadly. And then she giggled loudly. Her voice was hoarse and it came through quite easily at the beginning, but after awhile she was laughing and laughing. It was almost impossible to see that a tear was slowly rolling down her cheek.

"I'm sorry... but I... I just find it hard to believe that me, the girl who no one noticed, the person that was ignored by almost everyone... and YOU, the self-assured rebel. You and I, we've made it through. I thought I was as good as dead but look at me now. I actually have a chance..."

She stared at Anna. "I know... it's a scary thought to die, but come on. Aren't you amazed too? Don't you think this a surprise?" She reached out and took the tin of crackers from the desk, opening them up without any hesitation. "I've got to admit, I have been down in the dumps for the past few days. I wasn't sure... what to think, what I should do, what I was expected I should do, if I should do what was expected of me... In fact, I never thought I would go through this without wanting to kill myself... but when I take all of this into perspective... it makes me feel good. Doesn't the thought of that alone make you feel good?"
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

As Madison graciously accepted the peace offering, Anna eased up. At last she felt like she was completely safe around the girl, a feeling she hadn't been re-acquainted with since she'd woken up in this god-forsaken hellhole. Even back at home she wasn't too familiar with that feeling, being as careful, guarded and eccentric as she was. It felt really good to let herself go, even in this, the most dire of circumstances.

That was probably why when Madison burst out laughing, Anna found herself staring at her in disbelief.

At first the girl's reaction caught her off guard, but as she calmed herself down and started to explain her feelings, Anna strangely found herself agreeing with her. The two of them really were an odd pair when you thought about it, if anyone could even call them a pair yet, and of their entire senior class the fact that they'd both outlived at least half of them now was fairly shocking. It wasn't a bad statistic, though; unfortunately for her classmates, Anna planned to rank even higher than that.

When Madison mentioned that she felt good, however, Anna wasn't so sure she could agree with her. Sliding off the desk and closing the door before returning to her original seat, she glanced back up towards Madison, unsure of how to explain herself.

"I guess..." she started, careful of how to phrase her answer. She didn't want to destroy the good atmosphere the two had created. "I'm really happy to be alive, if that's what you mean, but I'd rather be painting or something than dodging bullets..."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison frowned at Anna. The girl was right in a way: Madison would rather be at home sleeping instead of sitting on a dingy couch. But there was something that nagged at the back of her mind: the was Anna answered it made Madison feel slightly awkward. Anna must've either taken what she said the wrong way, or Madison worded her thoughts the wrong way, or something along those lines because Anna's answer made Madison feel like she was crazy. Who would enjoy being on an island, killing each other? She didn't, that was for sure. Then again Madison had trouble wording out her thoughts and she would occasionally say something that could be taken in the complete opposite direction.

Normally she would have let the situation fade away. However it was very hard for her to let that happen here. Trust was a fickle thing and Anna was about the only ally she had. Whether she really wanted to or not, she had to apologize. She HAD to make this alright again. Madison sat up from the couch with her tired eyes and gave a loud sigh.

"Oh... yeah... y-yeah, I'm not glad. A-About the situation, I mean." Madison had the huge feeling that she was just adding salt on the wound, but she persevered. "I-I... I didn't know why I laughed... just... came out.... I'm not really happy. Not at all..."

She stopped herself from talking any further, her hands finding themselves tightly wrapped around her knees once again. Madison was slowly entering a fit of silence, because she felt that it would be best if she didn't speak. Maybe Anna might let that whole mishap go if she just kept quiet. That's what she's always done and it worked all those other times too.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

Hearing the timid quake she was so familiar with creep back into Madison's voice, Anna immediately got the feeling that she'd done something wrong and instinctively tried to comfort the girl.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I know what you meant," she offered, hopping off the desk and opting to sit in the chair behind it instead. She'd been getting slightly uncomfortable for the last few seconds, and the backrest the chair provided eased her tense and aching muscles. She tried to think of a way to relate to Madison in an attempt to ease her mind, and it didn't take her long before she found one.

"Now that you mention it..." she piped up, turning her face upwards towards Madison's and swallowing the remnants of another cracker, "I know exactly what you mean." She sighed deeply. Reliving what happened at the brook wasn't a pleasant thing by any means, but for Madison's sake she'd have to do it. "I'm sure you heard on the announcements...but after Sloan picked that fight with Trish, and I saw what happened to him...I..."

She trailed off, trying to make sense of her strange reaction herself.

"After they left...I was laughing too..."

It sounded awkward to leave the conversation there, and the summation she'd given was horribly taken out of context, so she elaborated.

"I mean, not at the fact that he died, but about how unlucky I really felt. He was the only ally I had, and then he went and harassed her after her best friend just got murdered and got himself killed. I mean, really...what a moron!"

She found herself becoming slightly more comfortable with the topic, so she decided to open up a bit more.

"And I just kept telling myself that there was no way I'd see tomorrow morning. I mean, I didn't have a weapon, I didn't have a friend, and after seeing what happened to those guys at the brook, I just...snapped, I guess."

Strangely, Anna was satisfied with how her revelation had turned out. She could only hope that Madison didn't think she was some sort of lunatic now.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

((Dane Zygmunt continued from Point of No Return))

...only to quickly exit the brush and stumble into the storehouse.

He came across the fat girl's corpse almost immediately, accidentally stepping in the puddle of gore surrounding her head. While absentmindedly shaking it off his foot, he noticed a few other corpses scattered here and there. Blunt trauma girl, brain-scrambled girl, bullet-riddled boy, just three of many by now. Dane neither knew nor cared what their names were.

He did notice a faint voice coming from the second floor. Sighing, he climbed the stairs, noticing as he went that the blood on his shoe formed fading trail of footprints. With a groan he climbed the stairs and walked closer to the voice. So what if it was dangerous? He had a gun, didn't he?

By the time he got to the first room on his right, he could make out the voice clearly. Anna Grout was mainly known for having a fucking stupid formal name (Anaesthesia. What, were her parents surgeons?) and problems with authority. They didn't talk much, but it was hard for Dane not to know her.

"You want to talk about morons?" he barked, suddenly feeling his frustration near the boiling point. "Dennis Fucking McDonald. Thickest bloke I've ever met. He's never met a fight he couldn't pick, no grudge he couldn't nurse like a petulant child. How in the bloody hell did he survive as long as he did?"

Sadly, there were no crates near the door, or else he would have punted one clear across the building. He took a few deep breaths and sighed. Dennis may not have made the brightest decision in ripping Neil Sinclair a new one, but how was Dane any better, taking an old friend to task for one mistake?

"Sorry..." he said somewhat more calmly. "I can't any more bullshit. Dennis isn't all that bad. But he's still a goner. Sooner or later he'll run into an accidental killer and rush him in a fit of self-righteousness, only to die bloody pointlessly. Hell, maybe it's already happened, I don't fucking know."

Dane stopped talking and realized that he was leaning against the door and sliding down until he fell flat on his arse, collapsing onto his side shortly afterwards. He noticed his vision getting blurry, eyes feeling dry, muscles losing feeling. Had he actually ranted himself to sleep?

He actually laughed at the concept before realizing he could be in deep shit right now. Sleeping while he knew there was a student next to him? Not smart! Not smart at all! He sluggishly started to get up, only managing to come to his hands and knees before feeling the urge to give up once again. What now Dane? What now?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Strangely enough Anna didn't come off as crazy as she thought. In fact, Madison was under the impression that laughing was the smart thing to do, that everyone was bound to laugh off all their worries. Or maybe she was just making excuses and both her and Anna were batshit crazy and that both of them were willing to kill the other when their backs turned. All things considered, even Madison didn't know where she stood. Was she bad? Was she good? Was she neither? Madison knew Madison Conner quite well, but even she was having trouble figuring out where Madison Conner stoood. And if it were nigh on impossible to do that, then there was small chance that Anna was as easy to read.

Madison's smile that formed as Anna began to talk slowly disolved, leaving only a unreadable frown. Yes... Madison didn't have any friends either. No one here, no one recently deceased. She was alone in this game as well. Funny, wasn't it? The sound of footsteps could be heard from beyond the door but Madison was focusing too much on Anna to actually aknowledge them. She had what she was going to respond with written out in her mind perfectly, wrapped in a little bow before another voice barked out. Madison squeeked softly from the sound of the voice and quivered.

"You want to talk about morons? Dennis Fucking McDonald. Thickest bloke I've ever met. He's never met a fight he couldn't pick, no grudge he couldn't nurse like a petulant child. How in the bloody hell did he survive as long as he did?"

Madison's eyes widened, staring at the door with a gentle gasp. Could this guy hear everything they were saying? That was very creepy, and this was probably why Madison had her gun pointed towards the voice. She gulped, her legs curled up on the couch. The anger, the passion that had been inside of her before no longer mattered, because the declaration was jerky and anger-filled. And for some reason Madison was very afraid. For what reason? There was nothing to be afraid of...

... right?

'The only person I'm afraid of... is myself.

Madison found her throat completely dry. She did say that, didn't she? But there was nothing about her to be afraid of. Not anymore, certainly not now. Her hands were trembling, her breathing erratic and her face pale. Certainly nothing that could ever strike fear into the hearts of men (if, of course, it weren't for her gun).

"Who..." Madison said alarmingly. "Who the fuck are you? W-Where did you come from?!!" She made a motion to the gun in her handalthough it was proven that only she and Anna would take notice of it. Her first thought was to declare that she had a gun but her throat closed up and she found it hard to say anything else. Did she really need to? She wasn't going to shoot the guy if he stayed behind the door. If he could prove that he wasn't here to kill them then Madison would calm down... then again, she did kill someone just because they were pointing a gun at her... hmmm.... myself.......
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

{{continued from A Moment's Hesitation/The Pedestrian}}

Lyn made her way down the hallway, feeling like every eye was looking right at her.

That probably wasn't really the case, but it still felt like it. It had been a few days since Lyn had confessed to Maggie, and since then there was a new rumor going around the school.

"Hey, you know Anthony's cousin?"

"What? That asshole has a cousin?"

"Yeah, apparently. Her names...Lyn, or something."

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, it I guess it turns out she's a lesbian."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah. She confessed to Maggie a few days ago. That's what I heard, anyway."

All of a sudden, she went from invisible girl that nobody really noticed, or even cared to notice, to someone who at least three people in any room were actively watching. Of course, being labeled a lesbian had automatically planted a red flag on her signaling any and all bullies to come have a crack at her. As soon as she started to hear the rumors she headed straight to Maggie, being the only person she had confided her secret to. She wanted answers, but unfortunately Maggie only seemed to avoid her now, and wouldn't even look her in the eye. But that was exactly the answer she needed.

Dammit, stop staring at me... It was the end of school, and people were heading home. Not Lyn, though. She wasn't in the mood for being at home, near her aunt and uncle. Instead, she headed right for her usual hiding place.

"And where are you going? Shouldn't you be heading home?" Lyn stopped, turning around to see the one person she really didn't want to see right now.

"What do you want, Anthony?"

"That was quite a mess of problems you gave me." Anthony said as he closed in. "'Hey, Anthony! Is it true you're cousin's a dyke?' Do you know how many times I've had to hear that in the last few days?"

Lyn just started walking again, something that greatly annoyed Anthony as he stepped right up in front of Lyn, blocking her path. "Don't you walk away when I'm talking to you!" He rested a hand on Lyn's shoulder, in an attempt to keep her from moving. "Imagine how Mom and Dad must feel, finding out that all these years they've been taking care of a fucking carpet-muncher."

"Get out of my way..." Lyn said, her voice barely audible.

"What the hell was tha-"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!"

Lyn's outburst carried all throughout the hallway, causing some of the remaining nearby teachers to peek their heads out of their respective rooms to see what was going on (and some teachers to warn the two to stop making so much noise.) Anthony scoffed, letting go of Lyn's shoulder and making to leave, before suddenly decking Lyn right in the face, knocking her right to the floor and storming off. "That'll teach you to talk back to me, you fucking dyke bitch." He was sure to get in trouble for that, probably even get suspended, but he couldn't give less of a shit.

One of the teachers came to help her up and ask if she was alright, but she just quickly got to her feet and ran off, her eyes tearing up as she went, not stopping until she reached the bathroom she always went to whenever she wanted to get away from the world. She stumbled as she got there, falling to her hands and knees, but she didn't bother to get up. She just knelt there, sobbing uncontrollably.

She never felt more alone then she did at that moment.

----------

"God dammit..."

Laeil stumbled through the brush, hand gripping her sword as tightly as it possibly could as her frustration started to boil over.

"God dammit..."

She gritted her teeth, leaning against a tree as she literally trembled with rage. Finally, she stepped back, dropping the sword and throwing a hard punch right at the tree.

"GOD DAMMIT!!"

She pulled her hand from the tree, her knuckles split and bloody from the punch, as the curse echoed throughout the area. Anyone in the immeadiate area would've definitely heard it, but that was the last thing on her mind.

She had lost her prey. Again. She had done her best to follow after Melina as she made her getaway, but after what seemed like an hour of stumbling blindly through the jungle, it was clear that Melina had successfully gotten away.

There were times when Laeil wondered if life was just some cruel joke made at her expense, and this was definitely one of those times. Nothing had gone right after Anthony died. Every attempt to kill one of the other students, or even just get a new weapon, had ended in failure. Even her BKA weapon, firebombs in the middle of a torrential downpour, seemed like a joke. And now her attempts to get back at another of the ones who made her life a living hell was thwarted a second time. It was like whatever omnipotent force that governed the universe decided to let her have a sword and revenge on Anthony simply to lift her spirits up enough to crush them.

And now the three days she had gone without sleep (not including that short time she had been knocked out) was starting to take it's toll. She was find it hard to focus on what was ahead of her, and she was starting to get clumsy, tripping a few times. "No...I can't sleep yet. I have to kill her, first." She reached down, picking up the sword. "I just have to find her again. It can't be that hard...I found her again really quickly the second time...it can't be that hard..." She found herself laughing, though for what reason she had no idea. "You denied me everything I could've wanted in life, but not this. Not this. I won't let you. I'll follow that bitch to the ends of the earth, and I'll kill her. I'll do it. I'll tear her fucking throat out with my bare hands if that's what it takes. I'll fucking kill that bitch."

Her grip on the realm of sanity slipping, she wandered off blindly, moving along for about a half an hour before breaking through the brush, a large building coming through. Staring at it for a moment, she took a step forward, but tripped, falling flat on her face, the ground underneath her covered in mud. She lie there for a moment, finding herself laughing again. "Yeah...fuck you, too..." She planted her hands on the ground and started to get back up before lifting her head and coming face to face (well, what was left of it, anyway) of Branca Braunstein. Letting out a yelp of surprise from suddenly finding herself inches away from a bloody, mutilated face, she fell backwards and inched away, the two other dead bodies outside coming to her attention. As she found herself staring blankly at the corpses, she begun to find it a bit hard to breathe.

"What's the matter? They're just dead bodies. It's not like you haven't seen plenty of them already."

That was true. There was no shortage of corpses on the island, and she had even made a short trip to the cliffs, bloodbath that it was, so this definitely wasn't the worst thing that she had seen. But still...

Wait. Who the hell is talking to me?

The voice was definitely male, and seemed so familiar. After a moment she started to get the feeling that it's owner was getting closer, Laeil's breathing getting heavier as he closed the distance between them.

"Where's your ego now?" He asked calmly. "You were such a hotshot a moment ago."

"No..."

What the fuck was this? He was dead. She killed him herself. The dead don't come back to life, unless...

"Shit...even my mind is turning on me. And of all the people it had to pick to screw with me, it just had to be you, didn't it Anthony?"

"Well, you were the one that killed me. Which really fucking hurt, by the way."

"Shut the fuck up." Laeil snapped at the voice, her voice shaking. "You're not real. This damn game is just getting to me, and I'm hallucinating all this. That's all. So just shut the fuck up and go away." She found herself starting to break out in a cold sweat. "Dammit...I'm panicking...why the fuck am I panicking, there's nothing to fucking panick about..."

"Oh, you know damn well why you're panicking. You just don't want to admit it-"

"I said shut the fuck up!" Her voice barely more than a squeak. Her eyes wandered to Olivia's corpse, her face having been smashed in by some kind of blunt object. She never really paid too much attention to the corpses around her; before, they had simply just been...there. But now, she found that she just couldn't look away. She began to wonder what it was like to die, how much it hurt, what would happen when her body finally gave out on her once and for all. She wondered what Anthony felt, tortured and killed by the person he least expected. She began to realize that the exact same thing, or worse, could happen to her. Her death wouldn't necessarily be quick. She, too, could run into someone determined to bring her as much pain and fear as he or she could before killing her.

"Aww...What'cha crying for?" Anthony's voice said mockingly. "Don't tell me you're getting cold feet after getting this far."

Laeil couldn't even bring herself to tell him to shut up again. Before she covered it up, like she covered up all her feelings, with a layer of apathy. Then, after Anthony died, a layer of hatred and bitterness. She had convinced herself that she wouldn't mind dying, though she'd keep herself alive long enough to exact her revenge on the other students. She had convinced herself that there wasn't anything to live for outside the island, so there was no point in getting out of here. All of it, though, worked to cover up the ultimate reason she was keeping herself alive, the reason she hadn't just ended it all a long time ago, a reason that simply sickened her.

"I don't want to die..." She said weakly, tears falling down her cheeks for the third time since she first came to the island. "I'm too scared...I'm too scared to die..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

"Ugh... It's Dane," he replied to the girl behind the door. He didn't expect her to remember him, though. Not many people did. "Listen, I need a place to stay, I'm about to fall asleep and-

The sound of a very hysterical Lyn Burbank interrupted him. Now he was feeling more alert, his survival instinct fully rejuvenated. "Oh, shit," he muttered, and groped around with his free hand for the doorknob, making no small amount of noise when he finally found it. He used it to help himself stand up again, then clumsily turned it until he managed to get the door open.

After taking a few uncoordinated steps inside the room, he saw two girls, one of whom (Madison?) looked scared out of her mind. He waved his free hand and shook his head, trying to tell her through a fog of sleep deprivation that there was nothing to worry about. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that he clutched his gun in his free hand, and it pointed just about everywhere in the room.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

In any other circumstance the silence that followed her confession would've made Anna feel about as awkward as a homeless girl at a beauty contest, but strangely Madison's meek and timid smile proved almost infinitely re-assuring. For the first time since she'd woke up she felt like she had somebody she could relate to, maybe even trust. Of course, one good conversation wasn't enough to make Anna drop her guard completely - she was far too smart and cautious for that - but she decided to relish the moment while it lasted.

Until, as if right on cue, Dane Zygmunt came bounding up the stairs and stumbling in.

Anna barely heard anything he was saying, taking only a brief moment to register that he seemed to be fuming. Her right hand found the fire axe as she stood up, gripping it tightly as she glared daggers towards the boy. Was it too much to ask to have fifteen minutes of peace and quiet on the island without some lunatic showing up and ruining everything? As justified as Dane was in his anger, Anna found herself also becoming rather rationally pissed off.

"Calm the fuck down, Dane," she warned after he finished talking, and almost in synch Dane fell to the floor. Eventually he brought himself up on all fours, but that proved to be a mistake. That was the moment Anna noticed the gun in his hand. Assuming that he'd drawn it on the ground as an attempt to catch them off guard, Anna gripped the axe with both hands and braced herself, ready to bolt at any minute.

"Back off!" she echoed after Madison had finished interrogating him, trying desperately to maintain a sense of control over the situation. He wasn't talking anymore, but that only made Anna even more uneasy.

Still, somewhat stubbornly, Dane scrambled to his feet and stumbled into the room, waving the gun around in a trance. Anna hadn't even heard his introduction, her eyes transfixedly locked on the firearm. With every swing of his free hand she felt herself biting her lip steadily harder, praying to whatever God may or may not exist that this wasn't the end for her. She had to get out of here. When that thought crossed her mind, she knew exactly what she had to do.

As Dane's arm arched its way downward Anna took a lunging step forward, screaming simultaneously as she brought the fire axe down toward Dane's lower forearm and wrist, hoping to disarm and disable him for good.

Return to “Storehouse”