Three Panel Soul

Dark, dank, and dreary, the caves snake across the island, leading deep down into the depths and surfacing in multiple locations. Some areas have been declared hazardous, while others are just downright scary. Forty years ago, the soldiers used to tell ghost stories about these caves, saying you could hear children crying if you ventured far enough into their depths. Of course, they'd always make good shelter, but you'd better not venture too far underground lest you never return.
Chase†

Three Panel Soul

Post by Chase† »

((Continued from Fuck the Game))

"Where the hell did I end up?"

The gaping entrance of the cavern stood in front of his eyes as studied the rocks, hoping that the shelter was sturdy enough. It looked like it, but the inside was so dark that it was unnerving for Braden when he thought of stepping inside. The fact was, he just didn't feel like being killed any time soon. He silently cursed himself for having fallen behind with his former comrades, they may have been able to have really helped him. Maybe they were well on their way out of here, and he had lost out on being saved because he had been too disoriented.

He peered inside the cave and began to make his way inside, slowly, trying not to make loud sounds with his steps. As his eyes began to adjust, he could see the little tunnels that were formed inside the larger entrance. Braden hoped, with some severity, that there was at the very least an empty tunnel he could hide in and figure out where he stood.

Taking a left tunnel, he found some larger rocks to settle near, offering some hidden shelter from anyone coming through the same entrance as he had. Glancing over his shoulder to confirm he was alone, he pulled out his weapon.

"Whoa," he couldn't help but whisper.

The thing was sharp, at least, the spheric part of the weapon was. He held onto the handle and could feel it was a fair bit heavy, though he could swing with some accuracy without hitting himself.

What am I going to do with this thing? I guess... if someone... no... I can't do that. I know people here... these are people... who may be trying to kill me...

Braden didn't want to believe it, but the announcement may have had something to do with why he hadn't been able to keep up with the other boys. Somewhere in his head, he could see being in a group as being a target of the people who could, and obviously were, trying to play.

Never in his life had he been so confused about what to do.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Quale Hutchinson (Male Student no. 48) was calm. That was his thing. It was who he was. The whole idea of killing all of his friends created the same exact reaction that everyone else had: disbelief. Even Quale, a guy who's peaceful disposition was well known, found himself near the brink of a mental breakdown. He had finally came back to his senses though, but the fact that he too was having some difficulty in finding a positive aspect about this... game.

A game? It was not like any game like Quale had ever played. Nothing like hide and seek. In this game you bludgeon the people you find hiding. While Quale wasn't overly familiar with Survival of the Fittest himself, he knew all about the main concept behind it. This was a fight for survival, HIS survival. Problem was... Quale didn't like to fight. Never. A problem? Probably. Was this going to stop him, should he actually decide to play? Not exactly.

He heard a very faint voice in the distance, followed by a darkened shadow moving past the empty tunnel he was in. Quale kept himself quiet for a moment, having been talking under his breath since the moment he had awoken. His eyes had adapted to the darkness inside the cave way before anyone actually entered, but it wasn't like he was going to know exactly who it was. Not to mention that he had no idea what the figure had on him.

Not like it really mattered. After all, Quale had a weight. His chances weren't very good to begin with.

What to do? He could always say something... but if that person was hostile and had a gun? He'd surely die. Not like it was going to matter. Death was going to come whether he liked it or not, so now was a better time than most. There was a chance that Quale could just sit there and do nothing like he had when a few other figures exited the cave not only a few hours before. That was all well and good, but Quale did not want to be alone, especially in a cave. Conflicted with what he should do, he made a split second decision.

"Y'hello?" he said in his usual calming voice. "Is anybody out there?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

The sound, someone's voice, was faint but Braden picked it up and nearly leaped like the person was right next to him. He or she might as well have been. Spinning his head wildly around the part of his tunnel that he could see, Braden could tell that the person was not close to him yet. Maybe they wouldn't see him if he tried to run.

He had placed what he needed into the daypack, just a few trail mix and power bars he had brought along with him on the suggestion of his parents, a pencil, notepad, and leg brace, along with the pain pills he had just in case of a flare up with his knee. The weapon made the pack weigh a lot more, but he didn't want to risk hitting himself with it if he was trying to escape.

Crouching at his position behind the rock in his tunnel, he moved further back, and began to see what looked like smaller corridors and pathways winding back into the cavern. Unsure of moving forward again, because he was never good with directions, he found what could be a ledge that climbed higher on the right part of the tunnel he was hiding in.

Making sure his pack was fastened tight, he went on hands and knees, going up onto the ledge until he was sure he could see, without being visible, whoever called him.

"I'm in here," Braden called, hoping to draw the person in, and see if he was a threat.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Even though Quale was a calm soul who had a very sharp mind, this certainly didn't mean that he was the smartest car at the dealership. When Braden called out to him, the other boy really was unsure of what to make of it. He first chalked it upto being part of his instincts, and he retorted mentally. "Well of course I know where I am. It's not like I'm in a black hole, and it's dark to see where I am." This was when he finally figured out that a voice that would belong to a boy was a rare thing that would ever come up in his mind(although he has thought up much more inane things in the past).

"Uhh..." Quale struggled, looking through each of the caverns nearby, having not caught on that Braden had a very good view of him whilst still remaining hidden. "You gotta be a little more specific. I can't exactly find where you are when the only thing you give me is 'over here'."

Quale really wanted to add something so he wouldn't have in complete silence. Whoever was talking to him must be scared, because Quale almost overlooked it completely. He was the best with words out of everyone at Southridge. He wasn't even part of the debate club: wars weren't his thing, whether they are physical or verbal. His experience came naturally to him, and always seemed second nature. Then again, he was having trouble finding something to say. What was he supposed to say that was going to get whoever this is to come out of hiding? That Quale wasn't planning on killing him?

"Haha," Quale laughed in a forced manner. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm not planning on killing anybody... so I'm, like, not a dangerous guy... or something."

Smooth. Real smooth.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

((Continued from To Every Season ))

She gripped her scimitar tightly as she crossed into the cool and welcoming darkness. The sun had been a bit more than she was wanting to deal with. Being a ginger sucked. Most people tended to believe that her avoidance of the sun caused the sensitivity, or that it was psychosomatic from her belief that she was a vampire, but she was born with red-hair and the UV sensitivity that accompanies it. The fact that she had a slight obsession with vampires was purely coincidental.

She heard two male voices. A smile crossed her face when she realized that at least one of them couldn't see a damn thing. She hadn't seen them either, and could tell that they weren't in the same chamber she was, but they were close enough, and loud enough that their voices reverberated through a connecting tunnel. The acoustics of caverns were lovely. It was nearly impossible to determine where somebody was within a chamber, but being in another gave her a great advantage. She remained silent and began to creep through the tunnel that connected the two larger chambers, hoping to be able to scope out the situation a little bit better.

Julia had always kind of wanted to kill somebody. There weren't really any people that she had liked at all in school. There were some people she tolerated, but most of them were underclassmen. Since there wouldn't be any legal repercussions, this was her chance to give into the beast. She didn't even have a guarantee that she would survive the game, or be able to go home if she did, but then again, she didn't really have much of a life or home to go back to. Maybe Danya would let her join the crew if she won. Wouldn't that be a riot?

She continued walking, slowly, taking care to be quiet. She stopped however when she heard a voice that seemed to be coming from above. She backed up a little bit and crouched low, looking around to see if she could figure out exactly where it was coming from. She could see better than most in the dark, but it wasn't quite enough to be able to clearly see who was in the tunnel with her, or where he was at, but she did notice some indentations and ledges, and concluded that the speaker must be in one of those, hidden from view, and attempting to draw in the other boy. As long as she remained quiet and hidden in the shadows, she could evaluate the situation, and perhaps dispatch the two and see if they had anything good in their bags.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Peering over the ledge ever so closely, Braden could make out the presence of a classmate. He wasn't exactly sure of which class, which bothered him slightly, but fortunately recalled that the guy was the equivalent of a hippie. Careful not to give away his exact location, he called back down to the boy.

"Sorry, just nervous, I don't know who to trust at all."

The echo of the announcement made him twitch nervously, and he realized that he might have to make a decision he wasn't ready to make. But right now, he was in kind a jam. Trust the guy, or essentially drop something n his head; because the truth was, Braden wasn't going to find another way down the ledge.

His fingers wrapped gingerly on the edge and he took a breath.

"Look up, homes."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Up? Quale was very unsure of what the voice was trying to tell him, but maybe that was because his mind wasn't in the best of ways. Maybe all of the humid weather, from inside and outside the cave, was beginning to get to him. He rarely hated things, but one of his pet peeves was bad weather, and this? This was the worst kind of horrid weather.

Quale was confused. Up? All that was up was the ceiling of the cave. It was big, that was certain. So in a vain attempt to figure out what 'up' meant, Quale's eyes looked up, from one side to another. He didn't find anything at first, mostly distracted by the hollow barking from a speaker box a long ways away. Not even focusing solely on that, he clearly didn't hear as much as Braden had since he didn't seem to notice that almost twenty people had died in one day. Instead, he caught a glimpse of a ledge and figured out what the voice meant.

"Oh! I think I know what you mean. Haha. Sorry about that." Quale didn't see the point in smiling, but he noticed himself giving one anyway. "Hey... why are you hiding away 'ike that? I get your logic. but I'm not going to be killing anyone, especially with my bare hands..."

For some reason, Quale couldn't shake the feeling that someone else was watching him.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

She grinned. The boy didn't have a weapon, and was dumb enough to admit it. Maybe the other one was just as stupid. Killing two boys at once was a little ambitious, but maybe she could kill one and laugh as the other ran away. Even if her name got put up on the announcements nobody would know who she was, and it wasn't like she planned on trying to join up with anybody. She was perfectly fine in her dark little cave. She had water, and something that kind of passed for food. If she killed she could take whatever her victim had.

A small part of her was saying that it was insane to be thinking this way, but she silenced it easily. I'm playing. I have no other choice. The ones who resist can't possibly overthrow Danya. It's me or them. I choose me.

She sat in wait, hoping to hear the other boy give away some information, and looking for the perfect opportunity to attack. As she waited, she debated the best place to strike. She could go for a quick kill, or she could try to slash the Achilles tendon and incapacitate her target. That might give her time to chase the other down and get him out of her way.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Continued from Lady So Divine))

When the beach became a danger zone, Lenny only cared about leaving, and leaving fast, so Lenny Priestly and his twin sister Elizabeth went to the only place they knew. The caves. This was where they were re-united and where Lenny and his sister hatched their plot. The plot that Lenny would make sure his sister won, and Lenny would make sure he was forever famous.

Though, when he had encountered Simon and Madison, it was as if something was tugging deep in the mind of his conscious. His plan was to earn their trust and kill them, and though the party was interrupted before he could do anything, something deep inside told him no. Something told him killing wasn't necessarily the answer.

No.

Lenny would kill. He had to kill. He had to make sure his sister won. That was his job. No remorse. So he approached the cave, and though the opening looked empty, Lenny heard something.

He turned to Elizabeth and whispered, "Did you hear that?"

She nodded.

Lenny took his hatchet out that he had tucked in his pants and looked at his sister.

"Come on, we got to check it out."

Elizabeth looked at Lenny and said, "Ok."

Lenny slowly started to crouch and entered the dark cave, hearing voices echo around him, unsure how many there were, and where they were. He could tell he wasn't close though.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

"Well, here goes nothing," Braden said more to himself than to his company. Making his way back down the ledge was a little harder than going up, he had not been able to turn around, so he was backing down the scraggly rocks.

Somehow, about two thirds of the way back down, still fairly high from the floor of the cave, the ledge Braden had rested his hand on crumbled. He gasped in surprise as he lost balance fairly quickly and yelped as he instinctively curled up and fell from the ledge.

"Shit!"

((This is where I remind members, since I see that agendas are gearing towards violence, watch your posts. If I see godmodding the thread will be halted until a correction is made. Do not force hands of members who are not willing to have their characters killed.))
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

She bit her lip to keep from laughing. Even though they were on an unknown island, being held by a terrorist organization and forced to fight each other to the death, it was still a little funny when the ledge gave. She realized that he was probably a little hurt, but his reaction had been priceless. She shifted more deeply into the shadows, watching and waiting to see what would happen next. Making a move was all well and good, but she didn't want to fuck up and get exposed, or killed. She also liked her nice dark cave. She wanted to hang out at least until sunset.

Though...the caves are pretty big, and I'm sure that if I hit quickly and ran I could find myself another spot like this to hide out. She mused over it for a while, and kept her eyes focused on the boys.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((As per Ci's pass over))

Even whilst Quale was talking with Braden, he just couldn't help but feel that he an the other guy weren't the only people in the caves. The eerie echoing of their voices only served to cement his unease. He could swear that, underneath the reverberating sounds of his own words, there were whispers...

Quale suddenly felt incredibly claustrophobic, it was dark, it was cramped, and at any moment, some demon could emerge from the shadows and kill him dead. He needed space, he needed light.

His breathing sped up massively and his head whiplashed around, seeking the source of his discomfiture. Quale grasped his torch like it was his only lifeline then began to wave it around wildly, the beam illuminating dark corners. Then, without warning, the torch lit up something completely unexpected. A face

Quale looked at the figure revealed in stunned silence. The pale face, the dark clothes. It looked almost like some kind of...

"VAMPIRE! Waaauuuugggh!" Quale screamed. Freaked out already, seeing that kind of thing sent him totally off the 'freak out scale' yelling incoherently, Quale flung his torch at the creature and sprinted out of there for all he was worth.

Psychotic classmates maybe. Seeing a vampire out of some horror movie? No chance.

((Quale ended in Soulless))
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny was about to enter the cave when he heard a scream. Some kid screaming about vampires, and as fast as the scream came, a boy was running out of the cave and away. Lenny turned but didn't catch who it was.

What?

There was no point going in there. Not now. Lenny wasn't a believer in vampires obviously, but there was something weird going on in the cave, and Lenny wasn't willing to find out what it was. Lenny's goal and purpose was to see his sister win this game.

How?

By killing off the competition and keeping her safe no matter what.

Going into that cave would be an unnecessary risk. There was no point in doing it.

As if she was reading his mind, Elizabeth whispered to Lenny, "We better follow that kid's cue and get outta' here." Elizabeth was anxious to leave. She was slightly worried about her brother. He knew he wanted her to live, but she relied on him so much. What would she do without him? How could she possibly live with herself if her brother was dead?

She would cross that hurdle when she reached it.

Lenny nodded and together, the twin duo of Lenny and Elizabeth Priestly left for search of a better group. A group they could destroy.

Lenny would have his fame. Elizabeth would have her freedom.

((Continued in Torpor))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Julia laughed inwardly. Some people were just too dumb. She stepped out of the way of the flashlight ((I'm assuming that's what was meant by torch)), and picked it up quickly to turn it off and pocket it. An extra flashlight could come in handy. She was sure that she could find some use for it. Maybe throw it at somebody else. She looked about and noticed that she was left with just one other person. However, she was sure he'd been alerted to her presence in the confusion. So attacking him probably wasn't the wisest idea. He would fight back, and she didn't know what he had in terms of weapons. She wanted a calculated kill, not a wild attack that would draw unnecessary attention and make her have to leave her cave. She waited, as she had been, in silence.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Shaken up from the fall, he almost didn't notice the prescence of the girl with him in the caves. Almost. However, as he slowly lifted himself from the stupor from colliding with the ground, his eyes fixated on the moving beam of light and the person holding it. Not really thinking about what the consequences would be for what he was about to do, he lifted himself up and sprinted from the cavern as quick as he could past the girl, hoping to make it through without her registering quite what happened. He figured if she wasn't making herself known... well, that meant she wasn't planning on a peaceful encounter.

((I am aware this is past the deadline for activity and if I'm penalized then I'm penalized, this just gets him out of the area so you won't have to post here, but I'm planning on killing him anyway so if you don't want to add him to the list of inactives you probably already have to take care of, I'll finish him off this weekend.))

((Continued in The Pretender))

Return to “The Caves”