The Hardest Button to Button

Separate from the barracks, the showers are exactly as their name would suggest. The room is, in essence, a large bathroom facility with an open shower area. It's an ideal place to rest, but don't loiter around for too long. The lone door in the front of the building could sign your fate if an ambitious player follows you inside.
Super Llama†

The Hardest Button to Button

Post by Super Llama† »

{{continued from Running of the Fallen}}

{{OOC: Hope you don't mind me making a new thread over the old one, since everyone's already vacated that one}}

So fifteen percent of 200 is what, 30?

Laeil ran the math through her head one more time to make sure. It was tough to believe; for as long as it went on, the game seemed never-ending. But it was ending. Soon. Maybe within the next day or two if the rate of deaths kept up the way they had.

Only 30 people left. 30 people in my way. 30 people hardened by 11 days of death and mayhem, armed with guns, rifles, shotguns, grenades...ugh...

Thinking about it didn't help at all. Despite being so close, the end still seemed so far away. With more and more areas being declared dangerzones, they'd all be forced into smaller and smaller spaces. Still, it didn't matter if there was still a hundred students, she'd kill them all herself if she had to, all so she could beat this game once and for all and...and...

Laeil shook her head. The fact that she still had nothing to go home to was still a wall she kept running into once she started thinking about the long-term. All she had was this stubborn will to survive at any cost, brought on by an intense fear of death.

----------

"So what've we got here" Police Chief Crawford asked as he stepped out of his car. There was another police car parked just outside the house, with it's owners standing just outside, one male and one female.

"Looks like a pretty clear cut of homicide." The male officer said. "Husband and wife got into an argument, husband shot the wife and ran off. We've got witnesses, and the we just got word that the husband got caught several blocks away, and he was carrying what we think is the murder weapon. Even if he doesn't confess to it, I'm pretty sure he'll get convicted anyway."

"I see." Crawford said as he stepped into the house, the other two officers following after, "So the question we have now is, if it's so clear cut, why did you feel that I need to be out here?"

"Well, you have the most experience out of all of us, so you'd probably know how to deal with...that." The female officer said. As they walked into the kitchen, the first thing they saw was the body, lying face down on the floor amidst a pool of rapidly drying blood, with a hideous gaping wound in her forehead.

And to the side of it was a small girl, with dirty-blonde-ish hair. She knelt to the side of the body, nudging with her hands. Every once in a while, she spoke up. "Come on, mom, get up. You have to go to work tomorrow. Don't worry about the mess, I can clean it up." There was something in her eyes that showed that she was clearly not all there. "P-please, you're scaring me, mom. Say something." Her tone got more desperate as she continued.

"They have a 12 year-old daughter." The female officer explained, "We found her like this when we came in. She hasn't responded either of us."

"She's disturbing the crime scene." Crawford said simply.

"Uh...well..." The female officer stuttered. "We would've taken her out of here, but...well, it just doesn't seem right."

Crawford sighed. It made sense, they were both just rookies. They had no idea how to deal with a situation like this. Stepping forward, she put a hand firmly on the girl's shoulder, which finally got her attention. Turning to look at the man, the girl shrank back a bit. "W-who are you?" Crawford didn't blame her for the frightened reaction, he did have a rather intimidating presence.

"Listen, kid. Your mom, she's not going to wake up. She's dead. She's gone. She's not going to come back anymore."

"...b-but she can't be. She has to go to work tomorr-"

"She's not going to work tomorrow. She's not going to work ever again. Because she's dead."

The girl stared in confusion at Crawford for a second, then at the body, then at Crawford again. Slowly, things began to click, and as they did her eyes began to tear up, and she finally began to sob openly.

"Okay, get her out of here." Crawford said, the male officer stepping forward and leading the sobbing girl out of the house, the female officer staring at Crawford with a surprised look on her face.

"You...you didn't have to handle that so insensitively." She said. "I mean, she could have watched her mother get murdered right in front of her."

"Yeah, I guess I could've handled it better." Crawford admitted. Stating something like "Your mother is dead" so bluntly to a 12-year-old was a pretty horrible thing to do. Still, he never was that good at this kind of thing. They expected him to handle the situation as if he were an expert on breaking terrible, life-changing news to little kids, but he was just as in the dark about it as they were.

Wordlessly, Crawford stepped outside, followed by the officer, as flashing lights from the window signaled the arrival of the ambulance.

----------

The fog that had blanketed the spot where Laeil and Riz had fought each other had disappeared a while ago, and as Laeil continued, she came upon a break in the trees, with a building smack dab in the center of it. Still mulling the announcements, and her fight with Riz, over in her head, she approached the building, gun out in case someone else had decide to take up residence there before her. However, she found the place empty, stepping right inside. However, as soon as she did, she was hit with an overwhelming sense of familiarity.

"Wait, isn't this where..."

She turned around.

"Oh, son of a bitch."

Sure enough, lying on the ground, just next to the exit, was Anthony's corpse, which had attracted a multitude of flies, their incessant buzzing heard throughout the small building. He had also picked up something else...

"God, Anthony, you smell like shit."

"Well, I have you to thank for that, after all."

Laeil let out a sigh of annoyance. That voice, a voice that should belong to a dead man, might have been frightening back when she was utterly exhausted and at her wit's end, but now it was just irritating. "I hate it when the dead don't stay dead. Even though they ARE dead, but they keep acting like they're not dead and...ARGH!" This shit was starting to give her a headache. "So what? You're like my negativity or something? My paranoia? Ready to just jump in with you're little bits of advice and commentary? Well guess what, asshole! You're last little piece of advice, it was bullshit! Jimmy and Eddie didn't try to kill me!"

"Nope. Instead, you killed Jimmy and left Eddie to fend for himself."

She froze. "That...that doesn't-"

"Oh, you just KNOW karma is gonna bite you in the ass for that one."

"You mean just like it did you?" She sneered "Besides, I don't believe in that karma bullshit."

"Really? Well, think of it this way. How many times have you fucked up here on the island?"

To say Laeil was confused was an understatement. "What does that have to do with anythi-"

"When that kid rushed you with the revolver at the church. When Melina hit you in the face with the shotgun. When you fell asleep out in the open. TWICE. Each time you could've easily been killed, but you didn't. How long do you think that's going to last?"

Laeil stared down at Anthony's corpse. For a moment, it seemed like Anthony was talking to her from there, instead of as a voice in her head.

"Sooner or later, you're going to screw up, and you WON'T get out of it. No, in fact, I'd say it'll make up for all the times it missed, and hit you HARD."

Anthony may have been a complete asshole, but he was right. Laeil knew he was right. So many mistakes, and it was only a matter of time before she made THE mistake, and all it took was just one of those. Just one, and it was all over.

"What...what the hell do you want?"

"Me? I just want to watch you squirm."

Laeil felt panic digging away at the edge of her thoughts. The end seemed even further away than it did just a few minutes ago. In fact, it seemed almost unattainable. She would die here, in this hellhole, and there was nothing she could do about it. She fought to push all these negative thoughts and feelings away, and after a few moments, finally smiled a twisted smile.

"You know, you've always been such a big help. Being my first kill, and then providing me with all this helpful philosophical advice. 'Anyone who could help you, they'd rather just watch you die' or 'Sooner or later, you're going to fuck up and die.' You're a regular Confucius, aren't you? If only there was some way I could return the favor..." She snapped her fingers. "Oh, I got it!"

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a molotov. "I probably should save this for when I really need it, but I think you're definitely worth it." Pulling the rag from the top of the bottle, she then proceeded to empty its flammable contents over Anthony's body before pulling out her lighter.

"Do you really think this is going to change anything?"

"No, but it'll make me feel better."

And with that, she lit a corner of the rag on fire before dropping it onto Anthony's body and stepping outside, watching as the corpse lit up in a matter of seconds, charring flesh and bone, and scorching the inside of the building. If it was made of the right materials, she wouldn't be surprised if the whole building went up in flames.

"Fuck you, Anthony." Laeil said as she watched Anthony's funeral pyre, wondering where she should go next.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Rick Holeman continued from What you are, I was))

Rick Holeman liked the jungle. He didn't hate it. He loved the trees, the sounds, and even with all the death and hatred around him, he found a simple peace in the jungle. A simple solace. If he could, he would just stay there forever. Hiding, waiting the game out. He was sure with his training, he could effectively disappear in the jungle.

That was the problem. Because of his training, he had to help everyone. He had to play soldier one last time.

The sounds of flames brought Rick Holeman out of the jungle though.

Standing at the edge, he saw the showers up ahead, and a flame was inside, small, but it didn't appear to be controlled. It could go either way.

Standing, watching the flames, was a girl. Rick, the marine, squinted to see who it was.

Laeil Burbank.

Rick didn't have to wonder about her.

She was a killer, he remembered her name from the announcements. Looking back, he saw Dacey hadn't caught up yet, so Rick decided to take the first action. Raising his gun, he was about to pull the trigger, when his mind raced.

What if she's innocent. You weren't there Rick. You didn't see what happened. Don't become what you hate. You're a marine, act like one.

Rick wanted to pull the trigger, to take her out right now.

She would be dead.

Easy as that.

No, he would do this the hard way.

Moving forward slowly, Rick kept his gun trained on the girl.

"Hey, you."

"Killer."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

"Hey you. Killer."

Laeil was snapped out of her thoughts by another voice, this one belonging to an actual living being, and turned to see a boy with a gun trained on him. Rick Holeman, the...fuck was he? A marine? She couldn't quite remember. Some kind of Armed Forces thing.

She wasn't in the mood for any confrontation at the moment, wanting to find a good place to rest first. The tension from her fight with Riz had her beat, and she hadn't had any rest or sleep since she left Eddie. But she knew confrontation had found her right at this moment, and she wasn't going to get out of it easily.

"Yeah? What do you want?" She kept her hand near the pistol tucked into the front of her jeans, not yet grabbing hold of it. Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for the right time to escape. If it were a normal student, the distance between them was great enough that she could just make a break for it, and his proficiency in firing a gun wouldn't be good enough to hit her. But this wasn't a normal student. This was a marine-in-training, meaning he probably had firearms and marksmanship training in the past.

She stepped backwards as Rick stepped forward, waiting for the opportunity to make a break for it, or get a shot in if necessary.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Dacey hadn't shown up yet. Rick might be alone for this.

He wasn't worried about his ability to kill the girl. It was the nagging thought in the back of his head though...what if she was innocent.

Maybe he would just be direct about it. There was a fire behind her, that she was watching, maybe she started it. He remembered her name from the announcements, she was a killer.

Or was she?

Rick took a couple more steps forward.

"You playing or not? Don't lie to me"

Rick was calm. He held his aim steady, his eyes locked on her. It was hard to avoid tunnel vision. Taking a life, not something that would ever be enjoyed. He had done it before though, and he would do it again. Anything to give those less protected a chance at life. Maybe the marines will come.

Or maybe he's just fighting to give everyone a few more precious hours to make peace with their god.

Either way, Rick knew he had to do this.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

"And what would you do if I was?"

Laeil continued to back away, trying to keep the distance between them. The question was pure rhetoric; she already knew what the answer would be. She could tell this guy had hostile intentions.

"You looking to bag yourself a player or something? Think you might get more fame out of killing someone who's killed before? Or maybe you're some kind of hero, thinking you're doing some kind of good by killing players."

That's it. Stall for time. Rick seemed more like the hero type, so she went with that. Though she tried her best to sound calm, it was obvious how on edge she was at that moment.

"Do you really think that's going to do anyone any good. No matter what you do, it's not going to change anything. There's still going to be only one person left after all of this. You go around killing players, there's just going to be more of them popping up to take their place. There has to be, or else we all die."

The treeline was getting closer. Just a little bit longer and she'd have all the cover she'd ever need.

"Because, doesn't that just make you a player yourself? A killer that only kills killers is still a killer. Thinking you're different ju-"

BANG

The loud noise from nearby didn't come from a gun. The hot flames coming from the nearby building had proved to be too much for Anthony's collar, which had exploded. Still, the sudden noise managed to set the tightly wound Laeil off, and she pulled the revolver out, firing two shots in Rick's direction before bolting for a nearby tree.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

BANG

Rick Holeman flinched, at the sound, instinctively ducking down, trying to figure out the source of the sound. When he heard it, he figured they were coming under attack by someone else, and while he was instinctively trying to avoid whatever new attack was coming, he lost focus on Laeil, who pulled out a weapon, and fired twice in Rick's direction and took off.

Rick felt one of the bullets strike his chest.

So this is what it's like getting shot

Rick looked down, to see the red blood staining his shirt, and he looked back at where the girl ran off too.

Pull yourself together, it's not over yet. You were going to become a marine. Act like one.

Rick stumbled forward, and let the adrenaline take over.

Raising his gun, he fired three shots in the direction Laeil ran to, and he then took off in her direction.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil heard an ear-splitting boom - THREE ear-splitting booms - as she rushed for the tree. Just as two spots on the tree suddenly exploded, she felt a white-hot wave of pain shoot along her torso.

Oh, God, it hit me...

As she got behind the tree, she looked down at the wound, only to find that it was another lucky graze, albeit deeper than the ones she'd suffered before. The bullet looked like it had torn a sizeable chunk out of her side, and the pain was immense.

Quickly popping out from behind cover long enough to fire two more bullets, not yet noticing that she already hit Rick, she pressed her free hand to the injury, trying to stop the bleeding as it stained her hoodie and undershirt crimson. She got the feeling that she couldn't outrun this guy if he tried to chase after her. He was clearly much more fit than her, and she was already weary from her last fight.

I can't hit him at this distance. I gotta wait until he comes closer...

As she waited, the seconds seemed to drag out into hours. There was no room for error. Just as the decrease in distance would improve her aim, it would improve his as well, and he had already gotten in a hit.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

NOW!

Laeil grabbed hold of the revolver with both hands, aiming it right at the approaching Rick's torso. She finally noticed the growing bloodstain on his shirt, but she didn't have time to contemplate it as she pulled the trigger.

*click*

W-what?

No gunshot? Why wouldn't there be a gunshot there should be six bullets and OH FUCK IFORGOTTOADDTWOMOREBULLETSAFTERTHELASTFIGHTGODDAMMIT!

She shoved a hand into her pocket, fumbling for the speedloader as she took a step backwards, ready to make a dash for the next tree. Unfortunately, as she stepped back, her feet suddenly gave out from under her as she stepped onto a slippery patch of mud and hit the ground with a painful thud, the revolver knocked out of her hand and falling just out of reach.

Game over.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick Holeman was flinched, waiting for the inevitable when he saw Laeil jump out from behind cover, her gun already drawn. Though, when nothing happened, he acted upon it. Moving forward, he watched as she slipped, fell backwards, and her gun slid away.

Thank you god.

Rick made his way over the girl and looked down at her. The pain was immense, and in the back of his mind he wondered if he would survive the wound. This wasn't an action movie, chest shots killed. Well, he always figured if he was going to die, it would be in battle. Too bad these weren't the terrorists he was signing up to kill. It was his classmates.

"You...we....we all had choices on this island."

Rick pointed his gun down at Laeil. One shot in the head would end it for her.

"You chose to kill your classmates. I chose to kill people like you."

Rick felt the pain spreading throughout his body. He felt the warm sticky blood pressing against his chest, and he saw some of it dripping down on Laeil.

"I would say I'm sorry about this, but I'm not."

Dacey...where were you?

Rick pulled the trigger.

Rick didn't know exactly what happened to his gun, but he knew the basics. He didn't even hear an empty click. He just heard something locking, and instantly he knew his gun was jammed. Of course he had learned about this from some of his classes, but he had no idea how to fix the jam. He wasn't a marine yet. Training dictated pulling out a sidearm, or falling back on a teammates or enemy's weapon.

Rick had neither.

Instantly he threw his Desert Eagle at the girl beneath him and fell down on her, throwing his body against her, letting his fists fly out, jab after jab.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil stared up at Rick as he closed the distance between them, pointing the gun at her head before she could move to try and get away.

"You...we....we all had choices on this island. You chose to kill your classmates. I chose to kill people like you."

This was it. This was THE mistake, the one that would end it all. There was no escape, no talking her way out of it, no attacking while the enemy's guard was down, nothing. Laeil begin to tremble uncontrollably as she stared death right in the face. The cold, calculating warrior, the persona she tried so hard to hold onto, despite the fact that her ever-decreasing grip on sanity made it harder and harder, melted away, exposing the frightened teenage girl underneath.

Rick pulled the trigger, and Lyn shut her eyes tightly.

*chk*

The sound came as a surprise to Laeil, and apparently it came as a surprise to Rick as well. She opened one eye, surprised that she could still see anything, or that she didn't feel any pain. She only had a moment to wonder what happened, though, as Rick threw the gun right at her, the barrel striking her in the forehead before he dropped down, pinning her to the ground. Her world exploded in pain as Rick threw punch after punch, their aim wild and uncontrolled. She struggled underneath the marine's weight. Her eyes looked to the side, able to make out her daypack next to her through the black and white flashes brought on with each blow. The handle of her sword protruded from the pack. Reaching out for the sword, her hand wrapped around the handle, pulling the blade from the pack, swinging it wildly at Rick as hard as she could.

"RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!"
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick let all his strength pound into the girl pinned beneath him. If he had to, he would kill her with his bare hands. This was what he wanted to do with his life anyways. The adrenaline was surging, fear, pain, every emotion flooding Rick as he pounded away. Though he made a mistake. He didn't pay attention to her pack or the sword in it. Simple mistakes like that could kill you. He had learned that in the little training he went through to become a marine. All these things, like fixing a guns jam, and proper combat tactics would be taught to him once he officially shipped off to boot camp.

It was that simple mistake though that would cost Rick here and now.

He felt the blade hit him in his side, and it dug deep.

"AHHHHHH!"

Rick arched his back, and his world faded to black for a moment before returning to normal. He was going to go into shock.

"Fuck...you!"

Rick threw one last jab before he pushed off the girl, trying to get away from her and her sword. As he stumbled backwards, he saw her gun in his peripheral vision.

This wasn't over yet.

Rick knew he had to get to it fast, but he was weakened. He didn't even look down at his side, which was now bleeding profusely along with his gunshot wound. He was losing blood fast.

Rick started to run towards the gun at dived for it.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil heard a wet squinch as the sword cleaved through Rick's torso, stopping partway through, followed by a scream of pain. She watched as Rick's blood ran down the length of the blade, over the handle, and covered her hands. The world around her span, when it wasn't fading in and out, and she could taste blood in her mouth.

"I did it...I won..."

It was only through a stroke of luck, though. Sheer dumb luck was all that kept it from ending with her brains splattered all over the ground. As the cold realization of that fact reached her, she began to feel violently ill, and shut her eyes, trying to regain her bearings, letting the warm blood stain the cuffs of her hoodie as the wound she inflicted slowly drained the life of the marine just above her.

Unfortunately, it seemed Rick still had some fight left in him, as he threw one more punch at Laeil, nearly knocking her right out, before making a grab for her revolver. She knew there wasn't any ammo left in it, but still, this had to end right now. She was on the verge of unconciousness, and if she really did pass out, it really WOULD be over for her. She tried to get up, only to be met with head-splitting dizziness and a wave of nausea. She did her best to power through it, though, bringing herself to a kneeling position before diving at Rick and bringing the sword down on him. Again, and again, and again; as many times as it took to kill that stubborn son of a bitch.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Dacey continued from: What You Are, I Was))

As usual, Dacey had fallen way behind. It was a little irritating actually, they never seemed to be able to keep up with one another, and always wound up having to wait. Seemed as though that marine training made you surer on your feet than soccer. Just not pacey enough to keep up at a running speed. Seemed that they never communicated well enough to stick to a travel plan they could both keep up with.

This time, however, it wasn't merely pace. Dacey kept on seeing a hand, with a couple of its fingers snapped back at an impossible angle. The hand she'd taken her pistol from. At one point, it had become too much and she'd lost what was left of her lunch. That'd could have been more the quality of the food than merely the mental image though. After so long with such poor nourishment, it would be hardly a surprise that people started getting sick. Heck, it was a miracle she hadn't come down with some kind of mysterious tropical disease or something. Maybe the terrorists had inoculated them all beforehand. Now there was a worrying thought...

Dacey stepped out into the open and realised she'd wound up back at the showers, where she'd so recently had to leave because of the dangerzones. Now it seemed, it was one of the few areas around not designated as such. More importantly, however, she saw Rick, in a bad way. He was in the middle of a fight, and although his assailant looked pretty beaten up, it was apparent Rick was losing badly.

Of course, Dacey didn't see things quite as analytically as that.

"GET THE FUCK OFF HIM OR I'LL BLOW YOU TO KINGDOM FUCKING COME!"

She didn't really expect that to be enough though, and charged towards the fight as fast as her legs could carry her. The thing was, she didn't really trust herself to be accurate with the pistol - not so much as to avoid hitting Rick anyway. She wasn't trained or anything, she'd never fired a gun. Dacey would be lucky to even come close.

Don'tdieJesusChristyouhavetoholdonI'mrighthere!
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick made the dive, and when he grabbed the handgun he fumbled with it in his hands before he felt a sharp pain in his back. He knew what it was, she had reached him. He was going to get hacked up right here.

Another pain, and Rick saw blackness again, and when his world faded back he saw his bloody hands holding the handgun. Using all his strength, pulling from his last reserves, Rick managed to turn around, thrusting the handgun up at Laeil. He let out a broken smile as he pulled the trigger.

click

That's right...she didn't fire at me when she had the chance before....out of...ammo...I would have made a terrible Marine...

Rick kept smiling at the girl though, knowing he had been defeated. He gave it his all. He threw all his energy and strength at the killer, but evil prevailed. He kept smiling as he felt another sword slice come down, this time making contact with his arm which was thrust out, and sending Laeil's gun dropping to the side. Rick wouldn't scream. If there was one thing he was good at it was dealing with pain. Between football and the marines, and just high school life, that was one pleasure Rick wouldn't allow Laeil.

"Feels...good...sir...more please..."

Rick felt his world drifting away from him, and he didn't look down at his bloody cut up body. He heard a vaguely familiar sound though. Someone screaming. A girl. Rick turned his head, and saw the most unlikely person rushing at him and Laeil.

She was too late, but she had spunk.

Dacey...
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Blood.

So much blood.

As Laeil brought her sword down on Rick again and again, her world was covered in blood. The beating she had taken earlier had reopened the cut above her eye that Melina had inflicted on her and removed the bandage covering it, the blood running down her face and obscuring her vision. The hit she had taken from Rick's gun had created another wound on her forehead. The wound on her side from Rick's gunshot was still bleeding. The taste of blood was still in her mouth. The hoodie, that she had worn when she'd killed Anthony, still had stains from his dried blood on it. And Rick's blood. It covered her sword. It covered her hands. With each swing of the sword, more blood flew up to splatter along her front, further covering her hoodie, the undershirt, her face, the top of her jeans.

Blood everywhere. Warm blood. Natural, yet so unnatural in it's current state.

Something was very, very wrong. Rick's body was just a mutilated mess of stab wounds by now. How could he still be alive? The taunting only served to unsettle her even more.

"Feels...good...sir...more please..."

"Just die...why won't you just die...?" She gasped, her voice out of breath and full of desperation. Her body screaming in protest. It hurt. All she wanted to do was just lay down; to close her eyes and get some much needed rest. To retreat into herself, away from the violence she inflicted on others, and the violence they inflicted on her.

But she couldn't stop. She doubted she could even if she wanted to. She had to finish the job. Even if she had to keep stabbing, pushing her body past its limit, until there was nothing left TO stab.

"GET THE FUCK OFF HIM OR I'LL BLOW YOU TO KINGDOM FUCKING COME!"

Laeil froze as another, rage-filled voice sounded in the distance. Fuck, marine boy had friends. As much as she wanted to finish this, she wanted to live even more. Hesitating for a second, she threw one last stab in Rick's direction, not checking to see if it hit or not, before grabbing hold of her gun and pack and stumbling out into the jungle. Her head was still reeling, and she wasn't going very fast, but hopefully the newcomer would be too distracted by Rick to give chase. Not that it would do any good. Despite how long he'd survived, she doubted he would last much longer. Not unless he was fucking Wolverine.

{{continued elsewhere}}
Namira

Post by Namira »

You'regonnabeokayfuckthere'ssomuchblood.

As Dacey came alongside Rick, she was crying. She wasn't making any sound - no sobs, but tears were streaming down her face in a torrent. Whoever Rick's attacker had been had ran away already, probably because they'd taken Dacey's warning. Now she wished that she'd not shouted anything and just taken the risk. With the number of bullets she had, she would have hit the attacker, she was sure... besides, Rick was finished.

NonononoNOnonono...

Rick was covered in stab wounds and bleeding all over the place, it was a miracle he wasn't dead (yetnono) - either from something vital taking a stab or from just damn well bleeding to death. Once again, she just hadn't been damn well fast enough.

Fuckhe'sgonnadiemyfaultSHIT!

Her pistol fell from nerveless fingers and Dacey fell to her knees. She wanted to embrace Rick, tell him he was going to be alright, but didn't. For one thing, it would just wind up hurting him more, what with his wounds, for another, it would be a blatent lie. He was going to dienohe'llbefineit'sonlyacoupleofscratcheshe'snotgonnadie.

Dacey trembled as she saw Rick's wounds again. Nobody could survive that. There wasn't much time until Rick sucuumbed.

"Rick," Dacey managed, voice choked. "T-This is a real stupid t-thing to say. B-But I think I was falling for you. B-Bonnie and C-Clyde right? T-That might have been c-closer to the mark than y-you t-thought." Dacey took a couple of shuddering breaths. "Y-You're a fucking hero, you got t-that? The M-marines would have been proud to h-have you," she raised a shaking hand and gave her partner her best salute.

Fuckyoucan'tfuckingdienodammitNO.

Return to “The Showers”