This Is How I Disappear

Separate from the barracks, the showers are exactly as their name would suggest. The room is, in essence, a large bathroom facility with an open shower area. It's an ideal place to rest, but don't loiter around for too long. The lone door in the front of the building could sign your fate if an ambitious player follows you inside.
Theseus†

This Is How I Disappear

Post by Theseus† »

((Rick Holeman continued from Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer))

Rick made his way quietly through the night, his handgun in hand. He was silent through his walk from the lookout tower, not talking to Dawson as much as he could, probably should have. The way he saw it, they were both dead men, and talking wouldn't help much anyways. They both had a goal, and while they would tackle it together, in the end it was as much an individual journey as it was a group journey.

For Rick Holeman, future marine, wasn't going to die protecting just one group. He had a good weapon and he knew it. He already killed, and he knew he could do it. What he had to do was hunt the 'players' on the island. People like Bobby Jacks who were killing innocent students. Rick's friends.

Semper fi, and all that bullshit.

This wasn't the marines. This wasn't Iraq. This was some unknown island and these were his peers. His classmates.

As he made his way out of the jungle he saw a building up ahead. The showers. Even through the dark he saw the unmistakable silhouette of a body near the entrance.

Turning around, he didn't see Dawson. He must be running late. Rick couldn't wait for him, and decided he would have to check the building on his own. Moving in a crouch with his Desert Eagle raised, he made his way to the entrance of the building. Glancing down he saw the dead body of Anthony.

The killer could still be inside.

Entering the building Rick scanned the room quickly, his Desert Eagle aimed, waiting to pull the trigger at anything that threatened him. All clear.

He moved towards the right into the open shower room and saw that it was all clear as well. It appeared that he got lucky this time, but someone could still show up any moment. Moving towards the front entrance, Rick let out the loudest whisper he could manage.

"Dawson, if you're still out there it's clear."

He them stepped back inside the building, into cover. He knew they probably couldn't stay here long, but it was a nice reprieve from the rain and from their long hike.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Dacey 'Dawson' Ashcroft continued from: Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer))

Rick hadn't been in a talking mood and that had suited Dacey just fine. The less she needed to talk, the less she needed to feign a gruff voice, the less general strain was put upon her, easier all around. Dacey had used the time in which they were simply walking together to cautiously look around, keeping an eye out for trouble, and for traps. She had seen them more than once during her time wandering, looking viciously dangerous, even if she didn't know exactly how all of them worked. Dacey had no wish to stumble into an unfortunate part of the jungle.

Dacey was so fixated on the ground that she didn't notice Rick had plowed on ahead. Her head snapped up, and her heart missed a beat as she realised nobody was there. But wait, wasn't that the treeline? Rick had probably just seen it and quickened up a little, which had caught her out. It was no big deal. Right?

So long as Rick hadn't got himself into trouble by foregoing caution that was...

What, and I can protect him can I? Butter knife, Dacey, butter knife. If somebody can take him out, gun and all of that marine stuff included, then what chance would I stand?

"This is suicidal," Dacey said, stopping in her tracks and leaning against a tree, staring morosely through the thinning tree cover at the still-clouded sky. At least day was coming. "Go around with a guy looking for trouble, what a choice idea," But now that she had decided, something compelled her against logic to stick with Rick. Dacey couldn't just leave him all on his own, now that Jim had disappeared...

And why, precisely? I thought the idea here was to not get killed. Trapising around with somebody who is searching for 'bad guys' is just inviting a bullet!

"Tch," why was it then? It couldn't be...? Dacey felt a slight curiousity rouse within her. It wasn't that...?

No. Out of the question. I've spent a long time running from ... that ... There's no reason for it to be brought up now.

Dacey pulled off her bandana, running a hand through her short hair distractedly. Things like this weren't something she should be concerned with... not any more. Did it matter why she didn't want to leave Rick? Should it make any difference between her being loth to leave him to face killers alone, some sense of duty towards her classmates, or that... other thing?

I'll stay, for now I guess.

Dacey folded the bandana and placed it in her pocket before coming out of the trees. Seeing Rick standing in the doorway of a building, she waved casually, then hurried across, wondering abstractly what he would make of her scantly-revealed hair.

And... that is pertinent... why?
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick watched as Dawson made his way from the treeline towards the showers and nodded at the boy. He noticed, but didn't consciously take note of the lack of bandanna on the "boy".

When Dawson reached him, Rick glanced towards the treeline once again and stepped farther inside the building.

"I think we should wait here until dawn, then we should set off. I checked the building, it's just like a shower building. There are some bodies, so I don't think we should press our luck staying too long. This appears to be the only entrance, so that's good and bad. Good is we can easily defend the building, bad because we can easy become trapped."

Rick thought of the killers on the island he would like to find. When dawn came he would hear the announcements. He would hear who did what to whom. There were some sick people on the island. Was he doing the right thing?

Was it right for him and Dawson to travel around actually hunting down the players?

He wondered if his family would approve of what he was doing. They were watching.

His eyes traveled towards a camera. Sick. Despite his love for the American military, Rick knew the marines weren't coming. Danya was a smart son of a bitch. Rick's only wish was that he was back with the marines, suiting up to invade wherever Danya was. Rick wanted to blow him away.

Though that wasn't an option anymore. He was trapped here, and if he wanted to serve his country he had to do his best to protect as many as he could. That meant stopping the killers. Maybe, just maybe all the kids could come together peacefully.

Escape?

Was it possible? Maybe.

Would it happen? No.

Rick was a man trained to not rely on false hope. To only use what circumstances he was given. Luckily so far he has been given good circumstances...despite the major circumstance.

He could work alone if necessary.

Yet he was glad to have a partner in Dawson.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Dacey nodded slowly. Rick had a point, a building with only one entrance, whilst easily defensible, could quickly become a death trap. The biggest advantage was also the most telling weakness, especially since they had very limited weaponry between them. Rick... well, he definitely knew what he was talking about, that was for sure.

She stepped inside the building, averting her eyes from the bodies inside carefully. She felt she had a strong enough constitution to avoid being sick or anything like that, but there was no sense risking it. As for who they were... well, Dacey didn't really care all that much, it wasn't as if she had a best friend or beau to look out for on the island. Protecting people was fair enough, but she couldn't do anything for those that were already dead.

"Fine," said 'Dawson' "I'll get edgy if we stay here too long anyway," 'He' felt like continuing to talk, but the strain of putting on the gruff voice was starting to give Dacey a sore throat - it was hard to maintain a deep voice when your ordinary tone was so much higher, especially as Dacey had rarely been required to keep it on for such sustained periods of time.

She sat down, leaning against a wall, staring out at the jungle upon which rain continued to fall, and pondered: why did she even care any longer? If there was anywhere that she needn't put up pretences any longer and just be herself, it was here.

How weird can you get?

This isn't the sort of thing I should be worrying about.

But... if it iI shouldn't be concerned about this, then why am I...?

Urgh.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick looked out the building into the darkness. So much darkness.

Just another long, cold, rainy night on the island. Nothing new. He should be glad though. Compared to some, he has had a very uneventful stay on the island. Except for when he killed that boy...

Where was Jim? Was he still ok? Rick would feel bad if the boy was dead, yet it seemed that was the fate of all on this island. Rick accepted it, as he assumed most had.

When he turned around he saw Dawson sitting against a wall. Rick, knowing that his training and common sense would dictate him to stand guard by the door, decided that if he was meant to die, he would die. So he moved away from the door and sat next to Dawson, looking at the gun in his hand.

"Crazy huh? A week ago we were getting ready to graduate. I was going into the marines. Officer school. I've already gone through a lot of the normal marine training. You know what the kicker is? None of it prepared me for this. You think you have everything going for you, and we end up here. I was supposed to be leading men in some third world poverty stricken country, not here on an island with my classmates."

Rick fell silent for a moment and looked at Dawson.

"What were you going to do after high school?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

Dacey removed her sunglasses to rub a little sleep out of her eyes - she hadn't slept for quite a while, and she was running pretty low on energy. Dacey brought her hands up to put the glasses back on, then hesitated, beginning to turn them over and over between her fingers. It was dark for god's sake, who was going to see anything anyway? Wearing sunglasses in this kind of light just made her look even goofier than she already did. Besides which, Rick had already seen her sans sunglasses, any suspicions he had were unlikely to be roused further if she stopped wearing them. Dacey tucked them safely away, in case she needed them later.

I'm just tired of this. All of it. A whole year of pretending to be something I'm not, and why? Because some guy wanted to get himself some and was a little annoyed when I turned him down, big deal. You think every pretty girl who got asked out on a date or something had to freak out and start this kind of deceit.

Tch.

Hell of a time to come to terms with things, isn't it?

"I..." she cleared her throat, realising she hadn't really lowered the pitch of her tone much. "It's not something I thought about that much," said 'Dawson' "I get pretty high grades and that, I kinda figured I would work something out." she coughed again. This was really starting to tax her. "So, uh, why did you want to be a marine anyway?"

For now, Dacey could put up with things, she wasn't sure how long that resolve would hold out that.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Why did he want to become a marine?

"It always just seemed like it was what I would do. I can't imagine working a 9-5 job or anything, and I really crave adventure I guess. I know it is a dangerous job, and not for everyone, but I really wanted to lead men into combat and save lives. Yeah, I love America and all, but it wasn't some huge sense of patriotic duty. Truthfully, our countries been suckin' it up lately. I mean, we can't even stop terrorists from abducting kids like us."

"I just wanted to be near people like me, who I would give me life for, knowing they would do the same for me."

Rick was silent for a while, thinking, when he looked outside to see the sun rising.

Dawn.

Normally there would be an announcement, why wasn't there?

It didn't matter, Danya was sick and was probably playing some trick on the kids. The only thing that bothered Rick was now he didn't know where the danger zones were, and most importantly he didn't have an updated list on who was playing and who wasn't.

Though it was time to leave and start the hunt. Was he ready for it? Could he really pull the trigger on his gun and send a bullet towards his own classmates?

Yes, he would have to. By killing one killer he could save three lives. Maybe America will pull through this time. Maybe there will be a rescue.

"Ok Dawson, looks like it's time to saddle up."

Standing up, Rick adjusted his pack and said, "Where do you think we should head first? I'm thinking our best chances are someplace where people would gather. Anybody with intent to kill would be attracted to where he knew people would be. The only downfall is that if someone goes there with the intent to kill, they are either really stupid or well armed because they face the risk of a large group. I don't know, I never took psychology nor do I ever want to know why my classmates found it reasonable to kill each other."
Namira

Post by Namira »

Looks like you found more adventure than you bargained for. Dacey came close to saying, but bit her tongue and kept quiet. What good would baiting her only ally do? Besides which, she wasn't exactly in a position to taunt now was she? After all, athleticism aside, Rick was much better off than her. Muscular, trained, and hell, he actually had a gun instead of a knife that wasn't even sharp. It would have been cruel and petty anyway. Dacey didn't make many friends, and Rick was one of the very few people she'd met at her new school that had actually treated her kindly (although admittedly, that might have been down to circumstance). Why piss him off for the sake of a sarcastic comment?

Dacey, like Rick, noted the rising sun, and similarly the lack of an announcement.

Hm... that's a little odd. Can Danya not be bothered to tell us the danger zones, or even delegate somebody to do it? Wouldn't he want to rouse up even more suspicion and cause some torment by telling us who killed who? ... This isn't like him. The last announcement was the same - he only said the dead, not who killed them. Something's wrong, but I have no damn clue what.

You're supposed to be the smart one Dace! Why wouldn't he make an announcement? ... Dammit! Sadist. This is just some trick to give us hope isn't it? Either that or fuck with us by not telling us where the dangerzones are and then cackling away once people blunder into them and get their heads blown off.

"I think-" Godammit! Remember your fucking voice moron! She cleared her throat, then, suitably lowering her pitch, spoke again. "We're more likely to find people in buildings, don't you think? So we've got a whole lot of choices so far as that goes. We just need to avoid places which were dangerzones yesterday. I don't know if Danya's changed them or kept them," 'Dawson' gave Rick a wry smile. "I guess if we walk into someplace and the collars start beeping we'll know right?"
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Continued from 3's & 7's))

"I think-"

Oh look, someone's thinking. Good plan. Will had been doing less and less of that lately. It nearly cost him his life as he had dove to shoot someone in the Barracks and almost got his head blown off on the way out of there. On the bright side, the lack of the announcement today meant that his kills were still unknown to most, and he could worm his way into another group, then pick them off one by one. Or all at once. As long as there were less people to stop him from getting off the island, Will was okay with it. Not exactly happy but not too downtrodden about the whole thing either. 99% of the people in this competition were going to die, that was a fact. Will had to just be that 1% at the end.

The voices ahead indicated that the very group he was thinking of was close. From what he'd heard them saying they didn't seem malicious, but he kept the safety off the revolver just in case. Safety. Huh. Odd thing to have on something that has the sole purpose of ending lives, wasn't it?

"Uhh... hey guys?"

Will crept closer.

"It's Will. Will Sigur; i'm not playing. I've been looking for anyone friendly and i've just been attacked the whole way... are you guys cool?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

"Buildings are a good idea. As for the collars...well I've never been a fan of Russian roulette myself but I guess it has to be done."

Rick didn't like the idea of going blind throughout the island. The lack of announcements definitely was a nuisance, and something he didn't think of really until it was gone. Funny how he hated hearing the names of his friends listed. Either as killers or dead. Now he wished to hear them again.

Rick was about to head out when he heard a voice.

He said he was friendly and has just been attacked the whole way....Rick strained his memory to try to remember the announcements. Was Will's name ever mentioned? Rick thought hard, and he whispered to his ally, "Do you remember his name?"

Pressing himself flat against the wall by the door, Rick had his Desert Eagle out and crouched down.

He didn't know much about will, except he wasn't from America. The boy was smart, at least Rick thought so. He didn't seem like the type to be a killer, yet, a lot of people turned that were unlikely.

"Sorry for being a bit cautious, I'm sure you can understand, but why should we trust you?" Rick called out towards the boy.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Dacey had been fortuitous enough so far - each slip had gone unnoticed by Rick, but surely the suspiscion would be accumulating by now... Attempting to reform her thoughts and compose herself, she barely paid attention to her companion, nodding when it seemed appropriate. Right now, Dacey barely had any idea what she was doing. Keep the pretence? Drop the pretence? Stay? Go? Urgh, it was just way too complicated right now...

However, any decision she might have made was curtailed by the sound of a new voice. Dacey didn't recognise it offhand, but soon enough, a name was provided. The moniker that was spoken immediately began setting off alarm bells. Sure, she had no way of knowing about all of Will's kills, but Dacey had paid close attention to the announcements, and she had heard his name.

"He's killed somebody," 'Dawson' muttered under 'his' breath, though loudly enough for Rick to hear. "Christian Rydell. Supposedly a mercy kill. Who the fuck shoots their best friend in the head, injuries or no?" Dacey shifted over to the entrance and peeked marginally around the corner, before quickly ducking back. "Don't let him any closer is what I'm saying," 'he' advised.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Will stopped, hearing the male voice respond. He seemed intelligent enough - not revealing himself and asking Will why exactly they should trust him. This might be a bit difficult. In all truth he wasn't exactly sure why anybody should trust him. Even Will didn't trust Will.

He had double-crossed people both on and off the island and yet still people trusted him. Did they maybe sense that deep-down, Will was a decent person? Oh wait, that couldn't possibly be the case, he was far from a decent person. Or could it? Will would have to convince them he was just a meek, shocked little guy who didn't know what he was doing or how to survive on this island.

Still though, seeing as how the only thing these people knew about him on the island was that he killed his best friend somehow, this was definitely going to be more difficult than he had anticipated. Will took a pause before replying to the male voice.

"Well... I guess... The people I was with ran off and now i'm on my own. My best friend's dead and I don't have a clue what to do now. If you heard my name on the announcements... Christian Rydell was my best friend and I protected him the entire game, but he was shot, and in unbearable pain. The only thing he ever asked of me was to end it all, so I shot him in the heart."

Will paused again. The boundry between fake sorrow and the real thing was beginning to break.

"I don't think i'm going to survive out here, on my own. Will you please just help me?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Rick was glad to have Dawson with him.

Rick may have forgot that Will's name had been called, but Dawson was there to help jog his memory, and sure enough Will fessed up to the murder.

Though he said he was helping his friend. Putting him out of his misery. Either this kid was truly twisted or he was a great friend. Rick wasn't going to jump to conclusions. The fact was that inside he and Dawson had the advantage as long as Will was alone. It sounded like he was alone, but Rick wouldn't discredit student's ideas. There are people on this island who would love to set up an ambush like this.

Rick looked at Dawson and whispered, "We'll sort this out."

He stuck his head out quick enough to get a look around. He saw Will, and he appeared to be alone. So far so good.

"You killed your best friend, and your asking us to help you? It seems like you've survived this long just fine, why the sudden need for help Will? Why aren't you with friends?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Well... shit, I somehow failed to notice that it was my turn. I'm sorry))

Dacey wasn't buying it one bit, no way in hell. She didn't care if it was a mercy or a murder. It was still killing. If somebody wanted to take the soft option, they should have the balls to kill themself rather than force that burden onto somebody else. But that wasn't important. It reflected poorly on Christian that he requested to be killed (which she had only Will's word and a vaguely remembered announcement to verify), but worse on Will that he had agreed.

"Fuck him," 'Dawson' hissed. "He can try find his help elsewhere. He was fine enough with capping Christian, he shouldn't have a problem with slaughtering somebody who isn't his best friend," she regarded Rick seriously. "I don't want to be the one to test that theory out is what I'm saying," 'Dawson' elaborated.

It wasn't that Dacey was paranoid... she'd first seen Rick and Jim dumping bodies into the sea, but that had been different. Hell, they'd straight up admitted they had shot somebody, though they'd have had a much easier time of it through denial. This guy had probably heard them talking about him. Whatever, Dacey still wasn't trusting him. Did the fact that it was his friend that he killed make him worse than her partner, who had killed a stranger? Maybe so.

The fact was, the whys and the justifications didn't matter: Dacey had made up her mind, and she was not going to change it under any circumstances.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Were he actually the type of person who he said he was, Will would be pissed. Now he just had to act like he was. Though that wasn't too difficult seeing as how Will had carried out a 'ticked off demeanor all throughout high school. Was he avoiding actually becoming part of a social circle, and liking it? Probably.

So, he acted disgusted with what Rick had just said.

"Just... fine? I've been chased by just about every crazy on this goddamn island! Bobby Jacks, Blood Boy, Gabriel Theobaldt, some... fuck, I think his name was Clive, and Vik... something. I don't know... It hasn't been easy at all."

Will took a step towards the shower building and stopped, now completely out in the open.

"So... I need help, because if I'm not in some kind of group I can pretty much guarantee that I won't last more than a day. I don't have a fucking clue how to fight anybody and I The guys I was with before were... they said that they were going to just play the game, and work together to kill everyone else. I... don't want to kill anybody! And.. I told them to go fuck themselves, and ran off. Now i'm here."

A gust of wind blew the stench of decay and rot from inside the showers, where Will knew several bodies lay, defiled beyond recognition. He wrinkled his nose in disgust, then gagged at the thought of that Viktor kid eating that body... Wait, no...

Will was suddenly overcome by a wave of nausea. It felt as if his insides were being torn apart. Sickly he stumbled, falling over onto his knees. Blood began to escape from his lips, and quite suddenly, he fell over and vomited onto the grass.

"Ohh... fuck..."

Once again, blood and bile were pooling in his throat. He managed to swallow it down, only for it to come back up again, with more force than before. There was blood. Quite a bit of blood.

What the fuck!?

After this, Will stayed still. The nauseous feeling was going away. This wasn't right. His hands were stained with blood, and he shakily wiped them on his jeans. Panting, he still knelt on the grass. This wasn't part of the plan! This wasn't... what the hell was going on?!

Now, he really, really needed help.

Return to “The Showers”