Motion Isn't Meaning

Start of B19

It isn't much now, but at one time, this airfield was the life of the island. It contains a sole landing strip in the middle of an overgrown field, and the solitary air control tower nearby looms menacingly over the island. The remains of a downed aircraft sit nearby, having crashed long after the island base had been abandoned.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Khrysta resisted the urge to laugh at Paul's attempt at smooth-talking his way into Corbin's head. It was so blatantly obvious that he was trying to butter him up and get on his good side that anybody who wasn't a complete fool could have seen what he was doing. His smart-aleck comments about not playing only served to bring more suspicion upon himself, at least to her.

Then again, Khrysta... you've never liked Paul. Can you honestly tell Corbin, who's obviously a friend of his, that he can't be trusted? Or... are you letting your personal bias toward him get the better of you right now? You can't turn away a valuable ally because you think he's immature, but in the same respect, you don't want someone hanging around that's got a big red target on their back... and Paul definitely seems like the latter.

Corbin seemed to completely buy into what Paul was saying, much to Khrysta's chagrin. She definitely hadn't seen that one coming, and she couldn't help but chastise herself for putting too much faith in Corbin. He had been so dependent on her thus far, why would she think for a moment that he could see through the lies and facades other people put on? Then again, maybe he was right, and she was the one in the wrong.

But, she really didn't think so.

Mary finally vocalized her thoughts, seeming to back up the facts that Khrysta had been playing and replaying through her own mind. So, she wasn't the only one that didn't trust Paul. He had a lot of things working against him in this game -- most notably, his reputation. He'd broken more than a few hearts in his time. Fortunately, Khrysta hadn't ever been one of them, but she'd known many.

"She's right," Khrysta spoke up flatly, still watching Paul with the sense of distrust that refused to fade away, "I've seen how you operate. I've watched you destroy I don't even know how many people around campus. You treat women like they're nothing but toys to be thrown away when you're no longer amused by them. It's sickening, really. Corbin doesn't see it because he's a guy, but I know how you work... and she's right. You're selfish and self-centered, and I can't say you're exactly the kind of person we're looking to take in."

I hope you understand, Corbin... but it's not happening.

Mary seemed to be willing to lend an ear to Paul and hear what he had to say. The thing was, Khrysta felt like even if he told them what had happened to him over the course of the past day, it could and probably would be nothing more than an elaborate lie on his part. Whether she wanted to or not, Khrysta didn't feel like she could ever formulate an unbias opinion of Paul. After all, first impressions tend to stick.

One thing Khrysta had noticed during the time that Paul had been standing there -- and something that Mary had seemed to pick up on as well -- was that Paul wasn't holding a weapon. Something else that had been bothering Khrysta from the moment Paul stepped out in front of them was what he'd said about how the announcement "cleared him" of playing. Unfortunately for Paul, she remembered the announcement quite well. In fact, she remembered that specific announcement saying that he probably would've killed Lance Barrett if it hadn't been for Melina Frost.

"I seem to remember Danya mentioning that you'd have killed somebody if you weren't beaten to it, Paul," Khrysta confronted him, her eyes narrowing in suspicion, "That's what he said, wasn't it? Something like, 'if she hadn't killed him, Paul Smith would have'. That's what I heard. So, forgive me if I'm more than a little suspicious of you at the moment."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"First of all, I find it extremely amusing that you guys are more concerned with me fucking you than with me killing you...truly, it's a first."

He sighed a bit as he paced forward and backwards, he would need to explain himself and he figured that the best course of action would be the worst case of action and in this paradoxical world it would be one of the most basic traits of good morals that Paul would decide to do, he would tell the truth to these girls who where obviously working on misinformation -on Mary's part- and prior dislike Khyrsta.

"Secondly, it's not your place to judge what I do with my life, especially in areas that you yourself," he glanced at Khrysta, "Have no experience in or," glanced at Mary, "Where less responsible than the notorious Paul Smith at," he said becoming very sarcastic at the mention of notorious. He then continued as he stared at Corbin and then smirked a bit lightly.

"I'm sure you guys all know my life story by now, right?", he asked rhetorically, "It's been in the school papers, I've done interviews before...now for the average Paul Smith fanatic one thing stands out; the fact that I got into a serious relationship MY Junior year, which you know what leaves for all these hearts to be broken? Two years of you guys in highschool...consider this for a moment, why would Melanie, a girl who was smart in her own right go out with a guy who pimped himself to what is apparently hundreds of a girls?" he reached into his pocket and lit up another cigarette, "The answer of course is rather sad when it comes to most gossip columnists...the sad fact is that I haven't been involved with any girls since me and Melanie broke up, which was at the beginning of this year. So, for two straight years I've not been 'breaking hearts' as you girls accuse me of."

He sneered a bit, but then directed himself towards Khrysta, he said calmly.

"The other fact is that most girls have a vendetta against guys who are seen to be 'players', I'll tell you now that I don't make false promises to any girl, I tell them straight up...half of the time the hearts I break are broken because I stick to my word, you can't blame me for naive girls, can you?", he paused, "What I mean is I tell a girl I just want to mess around, we mess around, I end it. She get's upset...I'm sure you guys have seen that pattern repeat itself if you've been paying as close attention to my romantic affairs as you claim to be."

He then looked to Mary and then glanced to Khrysta as if to say, 'I'd pay attention if I where you'.

"What I'm carrying? Well, I suppose since I trust Corbin, I'll tell you guys. There's a switch blade hidden in my right sleeve and there's a submachine gun in my left breast pocket," he laughed a bit, "The knife was my given weapon, how I got my machine gun? Well that's a story that coincides with the announcements. I saw Melina Frost kill Lance Barrett, I launched myself in to get the submachine gun so she wouldn't go on a killing spree...the fact that she of all people is still alive proves that I'm not playing as I would've killed her immediately afterwards, Danya? I suppose that was just an attempt at dark humor, you know, 'death is inevitable, if it hadn't been you it would've been bloodebloo' who killed him', that sorta shit."

He sighed a bit and then stared at Corbin.

"Honestly, I've been wandering a lot on my own man, you guys have got a good thing going on here, if this bitch has something stuck up her ass that she doesn't trust someone -who by all logic would've killed her already if he was playing the game-, then it's not my problem, though y'know...I'd warn you, once she has nobody left to not trust, she'll start not trusting the group and y'know...look at how she reacted to me? You think that'd she treat you in a better light?", Paul shook his head, "Whatever, it's not really my business, I know that much," he reached into his jacket and pulled out the machine gun, "Zippo records and the radio star," he smirked a bit, " I'll promise I won't point this gun at you unless you give me no choice, so don't go snapping any time soon."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Zippo records and the radio star

Maybe Corbin was too trusting. Or maybe it was because he couldn't possibly see Paul Smith as a killer. A bad prom date, yes, but someone who will actually go out and kill other people. No. That just couldn't happen. Not Paul Smith. Corbin had promoted this guys music on air, he had even interviewed him once for his radio show.

Paul Smith may have almost every bad quality one could possess, but a killer was not one of them. Corbin had forgotten all about the announcement though. Khrysta was right, Danya had said he would have killed someone. Though what if Danya was lying?

Corbin felt split. He could tell Mary didn't trust him, but wanted to give him a chance to explain himself. Then there was Khrysta who obviously wanted nothing to do with Paul. So what did Corbin do? He trusted Khrysta. He had followed her across the island for a day, protecting each other, watching over each other. He felt a bond closer to her than anyone else here, because she hadn't turned on him and killed him.

Though there was Paul. Would this lack of trust really tear apart the group? Was it tearing up groups across the island?

Corbin thought Paul was telling a joke about the machine gun. Then he saw it. Corbin's finger quickly went inside the trigger guard, resting on the trigger, though his M16 was pointed down still.

No need to start a war.

How was this going to turn out? Corbin said no words, he didn't trust himself. He wanted to say 'yeah! let's trust Paul! We can do this!'

Though he knew it could also be a mistake. That they could all end up dead. Corbin didn't want that on his head. He looked at Khrysta, the girl who had kept him alive for so long, and he only said to her, "It's your choice what we do. Just know that I trust him, but I'm with you."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

((Adwin Green has been declared inactive and has rolled this location as her final resting place. This is going to work just like a regular fight. You can attack her to your heart's content, but I get to say whether you killed her or not. ^__^ Begin.))

"...Paul?"

The voice of Adwin Green echoed out into the airfield as she appeared from the dense foliage of the jungle. Her voice might have been kind and sweet, but one look in the girl's eyes could confirm that sometime during the past twenty-four hours, the girl had lost any part of her mind she might have had left. The tall figure stood there, not moving, staring at the foursome in front of her.

Upon awakening on the island, Adwin had done what she had always done when put under vast amounts of stress. She had taken the stash of weed she'd brought with her and proceeded to get high. As it turned out, getting high in the middle of a killing game was not the most intelligent of ideas -- at least, in Adwin's case, it wasn't.

Adwin had always been what one might call a "paranoid" pothead. Sometimes it wasn't very noticable, but sometimes, she was so blown out of her mind that she didn't know up from down or right from left. One time, she army crawled through her friend's apartment complex and was picked up by the police because she thought her friend and her friend's boyfriend were plotting to kill her.

So, when she'd come into contact with people dead, dying, and being murdered, it had completely blown her mind. Suddenly, the entire island was out to get her and slaughter her in the most morbidly gruesome way they could concoct. The sad truth of it was that most of the island really was out to get her. So many were playing, killing, and dying.

But now... now she had found a friend.

But... had she really?

Paul wasn't so much a friend as a fling. She remembered that now. Although it had been a long time ago, and completely consentual on her part, she'd told herself differently. She'd convinced herself that Paul had taken advantage of her. Now, she was standing in front of him. Her eyes trailed from Paul to the group he was standing with. Khrysta Lawrence... someone she knew but never talked to. Mary McKay... a very sweet, very pregnant girl.

Her eyes shot to Corbin and she nearly jumped out of her skin at the sight of the machine gun he was wielding. Her bloodshot eyes bugged out of her head and she backed away in fear. Corbin wasn't even holding the weapon threateningly, but to Adwin, it was as if he was pointing it straight at her.

"No..." she squeaked out panickedly.

She scooted back even further, nearly tripping over her own two feet as she stared at the muzzle of the gun.

"No, no, no! I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die!"

Without warning, Adwin suddenly charged toward the other boy. Her body felt like it dragging and she felt like she was moving in slow motion, but she knew one thing. She had to disarm Corbin before he shot her. She moved sloppily toward him, grabbing the barrel of the gun and attempting to push it upward into the sky. She had to kill him before he killed her!

It's kill or be killed, and I'm not gonna die!
Buko

Post by Buko »

Fuck...

Things past far too quickly for Paul Smith's liking as Adwin Green approached the scene and immediately started rushing towards Corbin. Immediately Paul was overwhelmed with emotions, Adwin? He had slept with her, yes that much was true, you could even go so far to say that he enjoyed the experience, but that might be pushing it. Like most high school girls she was inexperienced and like most potheads...too inebriated to know what she was doing. Though memories of legs wrapped around his hips and moans, and screeches plagued his mind was truly reached out to him was the fact that she was rushing in towards Corbin.

No time to reason and Corbin's too much of a good guy, she get's a hold of the M16 and we're fucked from here too Sunday...

Paul Smith clenched the weapon and pointed it at the girl as she grasped for the gun, now was the moment and Paul Smith had made himself a promise as he put pressure onto the trigger of the gun. The next time he pulled it out he would shoot. It's funny how God makes you prove your word and that's when Paul put more pressure. Seconds seemed like hours. Milliseconds like days. And soon he pressed the trigger and was greeted with a sound that he had only become acquainted with due to movies.

RAT-TA-TA-TAT!

The bullets exited the gun, ten of them heading straight for their attackers back. Paul would've liked to say that right now he was focused on protecting the group, he would like to say that he was overwhelmed with this guilt as he willingly fired at a student. This of course was wrong. Paul Smith was only having one image going through his mind.

"Oh Paul! I love you so much!" and her moans exited the car as the smell of beer and poor marijuana smoke aided his experienced hands as he pretty much plowed the girl, no affection. Nothing. Just primal urges going through him.

It's funny, he would say without hesitation that he wasn't a pervert. But, the thoughts going through his mind as he shot at a girl was how her tits felt.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin definitely wasn't prepared for what was about to happen. Out of nowhere a girl appeared. Her name was Adwin wasn't it? She only showed up long enough to say Paul's name then rant about how she didn't want to die. She was obviously stressing out. They could help her out right?

That's when the unthinkable happened. The girl rushed at Corbin. He wasn't prepared for her sudden assault. She gripped his barrel and pressed it upwards. Corbin was about to press down on the gun aiming it at her. He wasn't the most physically fit person but he could easily out power Adwin. Though would he pull the trigger?

Could he actually take her life? She didn't have a gun. Maybe they could just...teach her a lesson without taking her life? Though he did promise Khrysta when the time came he would pull the trigger. Would he let her down?

He didn't have a chance to find out. For as soon as the girl rushed Corbin, Paul Smith fired his gun at her. Corbin flinched, waiting for the next few seconds to see what happened.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Adwin felt the cold barrel of the gun as she gripped it in her hand and forced it upward, away from her body. For a moment, she felt powerful, as if she could do anything. Except, a few seconds later, she realized that she was holding the barrel of a gun in her hand, and that if she released her grip on it, Corbin would probably fire and kill her. Suddenly, she didn't feel so great anymore. In fact, she felt scared. Why were they all just standing there? Khrysta and Mary, they were just standing there looking at her and Corbin was about to shoot her.

"Why isn't anybody HELPING ME?!" Adwin screamed loudly as her panicked eyes moved between the two girls.

They were with him, weren't they? They were with Corbin, and they were out to kill whoever they could. They were going to stand there and just let him kill her... let her die. Adwin's breathing now came in rapid spurts and a strong sense of panic and dread overtook her entire body. Never once did it occur to her to simply look at Corbin. If she had, perhaps she would have seen how bewildered he was, or how nervous he looked. Or maybe she wouldn't have. The marijuana she had ingested earlier was messing with her reflexes and screwing with her mind.

"Paul? Paul?! Help me! They're going to kill me! Help me!" she shrieked.

And then, help came. Or so she thought. The painfully loud sound of submachinegun fire rang out through the area, and suddenly, Adwin felt like she'd shoved earplugs into her ears. All the sound around her seemed shallow and distorted, and she couldn't clearly make out anything, nor distinguish speech or other noise from the dull sound of the gunfire. What she did notice was the searing hot pain that riddled her entire back in only an instant.

Her eyes bulged out and she let out a piercing scream, although it was nearly silent to her ears. She felt the warm, metallic liquid as it build up in her throat and oozed into her mouth. She coughed violently and the liquid turned into a light spray directed toward Corbin, who stood in front of her. Her head dropped for a moment and she looked up at the boy she'd been trying to disarm again as little red trails of blood oozed from the corners of her mouth.

Slowly, her hands released their deathgrip on the muzzle of Corbin's gun and she felt herself falling forward. Her body slid down, further and further, as though it was moving of its own free will. Adwin felt the cool grass of the airfield as it connected with her knees, and then she slumped over, unable to muster enough strength to roll over and remove her face from the dirt. The intense pain that coursed through her veins, though, failed in comparison to the emotional pain she felt at that moment. Corbin hadn't killed her.

Paul had.

"W-why...?" she choked out before another series of violent coughs racked her body, coating the ground below her in even more blood.

She couldn't even roll over to face her killer, and part of him couldn't stand the thought of looking at his face again. It's funny how last-minute revelations work. It was only now that Adwin fully realized that to someone like Paul, she was just a fling. They had only been together one time, and she had been stoned out of her mind and drunk to boot, but for some how, some reason, she had convinced herself that there was more to it than that. When she had told him she loved him, she had meant it. But to him, she meant nothing.

"B-bastard..." she choked out once again.

She had so much to say to him. Had she been able, she'd have put him in his place then and there. But, she didn't even have the strength to move any longer, and she could barely muster enough energy to speak. Her blood was quickly exiting her body through the barrage of bullet wounds across her back and a thick pool of blood was forming underneath her body. She coughed one more time, her entire body convulsing violently as more blood poured from her mouth, and finally, she didn't move anymore.

FEMALE STUDENT NO. 22 - ADWIN GREEN - DECEASED
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Paul, or "Paul Smith" as he seemed to like to refer to himself as, might have thought that justifying his actions and trying to play all of her wariness and paranoia off as fickle little things made him a more valuable ally, but to Khrysta, he was just making himself look like a very large idiot. Feeling the need to justify your actions to people only meant one thing -- that you felt guilty about what you had done. Paul's entire speech was simply him trying to cover himself and make himself appear to be trustworthy.

In fact, she couldn't help but smirk slightly as he continued to talk. It sounded almost as if he was trying to convince himself of the facts he kept spewing out of his mouth. Maybe... he was. The truth was, Paul's overdone, romanticized, embellished sexcapades were probably the least of Khrysta's worries. She didn't care who Paul had slept with or what he'd done to them afterward -- it was the way he conducted himself that made him untrustworthy.

She rolled her eyes in irritation as he addressed Corbin, even volunteering information on the weapons he was carrying and what had happened to him over the course of the island as if to butter the other boy up even more. Had she been foolish enough to fall under the spell of some random guy's charm -- if you could call his sarcastic and egotistical attitude "charming" -- she might have understood why so many girls had supposedly done the same thing. The way he was talking to Corbin, and the way Corbin seemed to be falling head over heels for it, she couldn't help but think that he'd be Paul's next conquest.

Corbin's attention turned toward her and -- like he had so many times before over the course of the past day and a half -- he asked her what she wanted to do. It seemed that even though he'd run into someone that was supposedly a "very special friend" of his, he still sought her advice... her approval... whatever it was he was looking for. Khrysta sighed quietly. As of now, it was two to two as to whether or not Paul would join their group, and Mary seemed like she might be easily swayed by Paul's speech as well.

Overall, her saying no didn't look like much of an option.

She had almost no time to think about it, however. A suddenly rustling in the bushes caused her to spin around on her heel and stare intently at the almost Amazonian girl who had emerged from the shrubbery. One good look at Adwin Green and it was pretty obvious that she was completely gone. Khrysta guessed -- correctly, although she didn't know it -- that she was probably as high as a kite. Adwin seemed to ignore them, her attention instead focusing on Paul.

Since Melanie, huh?

Khrysta might've given him a skeptical look, but she didn't have time to do it. Adwin's gaze eventually broke from Paul, and when it turned to Corbin, she immediately started freaking out. The larger girl ran at him, screaming that she didn't want to die, and forced the barrel of the gun up into the air. For someone who considered themselves so "prepared" and so "savvy" at the whole survival thing, Khrysta found herself paralyzed. If she'd had a gun, she'd have easily shot the other girl. However, with her current weapon, she was helpless to do anything.

Corbin struggled with the girl for a few moments before her attention turned toward Khrysta and Mary and she began screaming for help. Khrysta found herself completely baffled by the girl's actions. It seemed like she truly thought that Corbin was a threat and that he was going to kill her. All she had to do was let go of the barrel of the gun. Nobody in the area was hostile. Adwin didn't seem to see it that way, though. She immediately began screaming for Paul, begging for his help.

And then the gunshots rang out. Khrysta's eyes widened as Adwin stopped struggling and staggered a bit before coughing out a spray of blood. Her hands slowly slipped off the barrel of Corbin's gun and she fell to her knees, blood oozing from her mouth. Khrysta had heard the sound of gunshots before, but she'd never seen someone shot... never seen someone dying. Her blue eyes froze on the deranged girl as she fell to the ground, muttering words directed toward Paul before her life drained from her body.

Khrysta had never been one to speak much anyway, and after witnessing the events that had just occurred, she found herself totally speechless. When her eyes had connected with Adwin's for that brief second, it was blatantly obvious that the lights might have been on, but no one was home. If she'd have succeeded in confiscating Corbin's assault rifle, she would have most likely proceeded to kill them all with it, seeing them as "threats". If Paul hadn't acted when he did, she probably would've killed them all.

That fact -- the fact that Paul seemed to have gone out of his way to save their group when he could've easily let Adwin kill them before offing her -- was perhaps what burned Khrysta more than witnessing the murder of one of her classmates. She'd always been a stoic person by nature, and she'd never shown much emotion. Now was one of those times. Even though she was at least somewhat shaken up by Adwin's demise, a placid expression remained on her face as she simply stared down at the corpse.

Her attention turned toward Mary for a split second before moving over to Corbin, and finally to Paul. If there was ever a time where Khrysta felt as though she had just eaten her own words, it was now. It didn't change the fact that she hate an innate distrust of Paul Smith. It didn't change the fact that she thought he was a conniving, manipulative bastard. As much as she wanted to turn toward him and scream that they could have handled the situation themselves, she knew that the words would have been false.

She couldn't help but feel bitter about the fact that in essence, she, Corbin and Mary all owed something to Paul now.

"... Thanks," she muttered, her attention turning back toward Adwin's dead body for the time being.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Lives enter and leave the world in utter silence.

Adwin's death was not a significant moment in Paul's life, he did not feel a sense of manliness, a sense of danger relieved and instead he simply felt, nothing. Detatchment. Acceptance. Remorsefulness. Some would call this being cold blooded, but the people who where watching the show, they knew better. Paul had approached this game like a soldier, a life? A life on this island was currency. And it seemed that if you weren't willing to take another man's money, then you yourself would find an empty wallet.

Paul, simply sighed a bit as he put the gun back in his breast pocket and lit up another cigarette.

"So, you gonna blow me now or later?"

He paused a bit so this whole thing sank in and tried his best to chuckle a bit at Khrysta's reaction -whatever it was- before plopping himself on the ground and shaking his head a bit. Eventually pulling out a flask from his other breast pocket and taking a swig from it. He stared in the other direction.

"That was a joke," he paused, "Grey Goose, you guys want any?"

Paul felt the mood drop a bit as the sun was beating down on him, right about now? Paul was thinking about several things, in a way Adwin had represented both his and Melanie's decision to end the relationship. Paul had been proud of himself, a full two years without any incidents of infidelity...too quickly he was reminded that he just didn't have a need to fuck anybody else when he had a girl willing to give him BJ's in a dentists office.

But, now he was getting nostalgic.

Paul's sexual history was one wrought with one night stands and broken hearts. It seemed that from the age of fifteen to seventeen he had gone beyond any heterosexual mans capabilities. Entire high school teams. The entire freshman class. Virginities? Paul Smith had taken an entire armada's worth and now? Now he had killed a girl, she was probably not a virgin, at least she didn't feel like one...but of course, Paul accepted that he didn't particularly care about it at the very moment. Adwin, was a person and now she was a corpse...a corpse that just a few months back he had been inside.

When you think about it like that, it's very easy to give a simple fling a bit of value.

He sighed as he now laid down and looked up at the sky, thoughts where rushing at him. None of which really effected him, they where obligatory. And the saddest part? The saddest part was that Paul Smith accepted this. He reached into his pocket and pulled out another cigarette, the surrounding area seemed to decorated with cigarette butts now...soon...soon Paul would only have one pack left and it was only the second day.

But, the cigarette was a necessity. The smoke would fill his lungs and as he exhaled, all of his problems would be expelled as well.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin felt the tension on his gun release. Then he watched as the girl fell to the ground, blood leaving her body. Her lifeless eyes staring. He looked at her, and took a step back quickly, aiming his M16 at her in vain, in fear of her death. Corbin's never seen someone die before besides on TV and in the movies he made. Though in the movies he made, it was nothing like this.

Real death was different than you can capture in a movie, and Corbin now knew that. He looked at the dead girl, and he turned to Paul. The guy who killed her. Corbin looked at Mary and Khrysta silently, then back at the body.

Corbin began to calm down, and he lowered his M16 and listened at Khrysta mumbled thanks to Paul.

I guess that means he gets to stick around with us.

Corbin turned to Paul and said, "Yeah, thanks man."

Corbin listened to Paul's remark about the blowjob. Then he watched as Paul took out a flask of probably alcohol and offered it to the group. Corbin shook his head and said, "Alcohol is the last thing I need in my system right now."

Corbin looked back at the body, then looked at the group and said, "So, I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a vibe that this airfield isn't the safest of places."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Since the Dodd is busy with essays and all...))

Paul's smart-aleck remark only elicited a dirty look from Khrysta, who simply shook her head in response. Her eyes moved back down to the lifeless corpse of Adwin Green once again, and she sighed quietly. Paul, meanwhile, had lit up a cigarette. She hadn't noticed, but she could tell immediately as the smoke assaulted her nostrils. Paul followed up his comment with the explanation that it was a joke, which caused the blonde to simply shake her head once again.

He promptly removed a flask of some sort from his breast pocket and informed them that it was Grey Goose before offering it to the remainder of the group. Things like that had a lot to do with the reason that Khrysta didn't like Paul. He had just murdered someone, and in what should have been a somber moment, he was joking about blowjobs and drinking alcohol.

It was like he couldn't even take death seriously.

She simply shook her head no, refraining from saying anything. Odds are, anything she could have possibly said would have only let to another harsh exchange of words between herself and Paul, and it seemed as though he would be around for a while. Keeping that in mind, it seemed easier to simply stay quiet than express how much of an imbecile he was being at that precise moment.

She was almost relieved when Corbin spoke up, breaking the silence that had formed within the group. He was right in that the airfield itself might not have served as the safest place on the island. Then again, nowhere on this entire island was safe. The truth was, people were probably lurking around every corner, waiting to pounce. It wouldn't really matter where they went. Khrysta's eyes moved from one person to another in their little group.

"Nowhere's safe, Corbin," she stated flatly, "Don't tell me you've forgotten what happened at the jailhouse already. We thought we'd searched the entire place and someone still came out of the woodwork."

Khrysta allowed herself to slide down the side of the aircraft she'd been standing near and leaned her head against the cool metal of the object as she sat in the grass. At the very least, they had shade. Taking full opportunity of the moment of rest they had been given, she unzipped her pack and removed the water bottle before taking a long drink out of it. It was lukewarm at best, but she relaxed a bit as the liquid ran down her throat.

Her eyes moved down to the small silver watch that was attached to her wrist and she sighed quietly. It was in the middle of the day now, but soon enough, it would slip into evening, and then it would once again be dark. If there was one thing about Survival of the Fittest that everyone should have the common sense to know, it was that walking around through a booby-trapped jungle in the middle of the night was a bad idea.

"If we move, we need to make it quick. I don't want to get stuck out there at night. There's no point in putting ourselves in more danger than we're in now."

She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she was exhausted, both physically and mentally. She had been up for approximately a day and a half straight, and the fatigue was starting to take its toll on her body. She yawned quietly, quickly covering her mouth as she did so, and once again turned her gaze to the other members of the small group that had formed.

Corbin, Mary and Paul. It seemed like they'd be sticking together for a while. Corbin had been with her since almost the beginning of the game. Mary... well, she'd made the decision to protect Mary when she'd put her own neck on the line to save her earlier that day. And Paul... as much as she detested the other boy, he'd killed Adwin, in essence, saving all of their lives. After pulling something as gutsy as that had been, Khrysta couldn't tell him to leave without earning the distrust of the rest of their group.

Her eyes trailed away once again and she removed the map from her pack. She had marked the dangerzones sometime prior, and blue eyes now scanned the map in front of her for what would be a prime location to hide out in. Up until this point in the game, Corbin had followed her around like a puppy dog. In essence, he'd been a rag doll, simply being dragged around by Khrysta as they ventured across the island. Somehow though, with two new people in their group, she didn't see herself being the "supreme authority" anymore.

"What do you guys think?" she asked quietly, still looking over the map.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"The Sea Cliff's is probably barren at the moment," Paul said calmly as he worked his way up, "People'll stay away from there, Danya announced that this Nathanial Harris kid was to go there, he's probably the most notorious killer on the island...people want to stay away from that type of cat," he pondered a bit, "Also he's probably gotten his weapon already, the place wouldn't be a dangerzone if he did...of course, it's a risk, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be vacant."

He chuckled a bit as he went towards the group.

"There are four of us, correct? I take it none of us have really slept much these days...but we've got enough for a good rotation," he looked in the distance, "At the moment it's noon, we've lived in the beach long enough to know that it's low tide, that means it would be a particularly dangerous fall down, if someone comes that's a direct way to take them out...without wasting ammo or time, hell, it's probably a lot cleaner than how..."

He paused, it was probably in bad taste if he started referencing Adwin's death so casually.

"Anyways, that place would also give us a good vantage point and if not? Y'know, the ocean, the sun shining down on us, a chance to work on my tan...it's kind've a nice thing like that," he stared down at Khrysta, "But, seriously, despite what Danya is saying this isn't a game where encountering people is a good move...for every visitor that's like me and not hostile we've probably got three that are like Adwin...", he sighed, "I'm not going to pretend that I'm the most trustworthy person, but we have to be on edge and that means...that means that we don't ask questions, if you point your gun at someone shoot, otherwise you're giving them permission to take it from you."

He resisted the urge to bring out another cigarette and instead just kept flicking the lighter on and off.

"So, anyone got any better ideas?"
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

In a way, a small way, Paul reminded Corbin a lot of Khrysta. Even if it was just how he analyzed their next moves. That was probably what kept Corbin alive so far. The fact that he was with a group of thinkers. At least that's what it appeared to be.

Corbin liked Paul's logic about the cliff's. He was tired, that was for sure, and any chance to get some sleep while feeling remotely safe was definitely a positive at the moment.

Corbin looked around at the group, Mary, Paul, and of course Khrysta.

He nodded and said, "The cliffs sound good to me. Besides, with your little machine gun you got there and my M16, I'd say we're one group those killers aren't going to want to mess with." Corbin gave a smile, hoping he didn't sound stupid.

Back at school, when he was on the radio and whatever else he was doing, he never felt stupid even if he said the most lame things. The fact of the matter was the kids knew him, liked him, and laughed with him rather than at him. Though here, now, on this island Corbin found himself wanting to impress his group.

He wanted to let them know he wasn't useless. That he could and would contribute to the greater good of the group, and that they would be ok. He didn't know how you could be ok in a game like this, but if anyone could do it, he was sure it was this group.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Paul suggested going to the sea cliffs, although Khrysta wasn't entirely sure it was a good idea. He had a few valid points in his suggestion, for example, the fact that since it was declared a temporary dangerzone long enough for Nathanial Harris to pick up his weapon would probably keep people away from the area, at least for a while. It was getting late in the afternoon now, so surely Nathanial and the terrorists had cleared out by now, but people probably wouldn't head to the area for a while.

The main downside of going to the sea cliffs was blatantly obvious. There was no shelter to be found. Sure, it would provide them a vantage point and they could watch people walking up the coast, but other than that, they were out in the open. To be honest, she'd have so much rather been somewhere warm for the night. They tended to get a bit chilly.

Corbin seemed to agree with Paul. He also brought up a valid point in that both himself and Paul were quite heavily armed. Unless they were attacked by a player with a grenade launcher or something, they should be pretty safe no matter where they went.

Khrysta used her hands to push herself back up off the ground and stood, taking a moment to brush the grass that had accumulated on the pockets of her jeans away before slinging her pack over her shoulder and tucking her map back into her pocket. Paul had been right in saying that they were all exhausted. She figured that by the time they made it to the sea cliffs and got settled in, it would be dark. Then, they could work in shifts to guard the area.

"We should head out soon, then," Khrysta stated quietly, nodding her head in affirmation, "And besides... Paul's right, we're all tired. The sooner we move, the sooner we can get settled in, and we can rotate in shifts... two sleep, two keep watch or... something like that."

She hadn't thought out the exact details. She figured that it was better left until they were actually located at the sea cliffs. As of right now, going there was venturing into the unknown, and for all they knew an entire armada of playing classmates could be hanging out at the cliffs as well. She cast a sidelong glance at Mary. She, for sure, should be one of the first to rest... what with her condition and all.

"Ready?" she inquired toward the group.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((Continued from Walk Amongst the Dead))

Matthew Wittany wasn't sure where he was going. He was tired, and he was more than in the mood to rest. He almost regretted not following the others away from the Graveyard. Almost. He knew that eventually they would have ditched him anyway. In the end, this was just the way things were meant to be. He almost hoped he would be attacked and killed, just to make them feel bad for leaving him behind. Again with the almost.

Matt had no idea where he was. It seemed as though he'd picked up Kallie's lack of direction. Soon he found himself stepping through the underbrush and into the view of four other students. It surprised him and he nearly fell to his back in shock. He noticed that both males had rather large guns on their persons. Just his luck.

"Umm... H-hi... Please do-don't shoot.... P-Please? I-I-I'm not playing.... Honest..." He raised his hands above his head in submission and hoped to god none of them would shoot at him. He totally didn't mean the comment he made before. Living was much better than dieing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Airfield”