Desperation

CONTENT WARNING [Content Warning: Sexual Assault]

Once driven over by army vehicles while crossing the island, the tire marks and ruts are still there, but the trail is quite overgrown. It winds left and right, north and south, and traverses the entire island.
Namira

Desperation

Post by Namira »

((Maxie Dasai continued from: Thread of the Manatee))

It was getting increasingly difficult to manhandle Cara along. It wasn't that she was deadweight - she was perfectly capable of walking, but the pace was ridiculously slow, and Maxie knew they'd be sitting ducks should they get into an encounter they would need to run away from. Cara could barely walk, Maxie doubted she'd respond as well to being dragged into a run. Maxie was becoming edgier by the moment, because with every passing moment, it was becoming more and more clear how badly things were going to pan out if they ran afoul of anybody.

Maxie still held the Mauser in her free hand, but in a way it actually made her feel worse. Sure, it was security, but it was also an invitation. Anybody saw them it would paint an instant target on the pair, and although Maxie felt obliged to look after Cara - she'd saved her life after all, she wasn't sure how much she would be able to protect her. Not only that, but Maxie wasn't sure if she could bring herself to fire on anyone. Maybe it would ward people off, but if anybody happened to call her bluff...

Fuck...

She sighed, trudging along, just putting one foot in front of the other. Ironically, Maxie now craved familiar people, the safety of others. At least they'd be able to help with this load she was carting around. Maxie looked at Cara and spoke, knowing that it would be very unlikely she would hear her. She was in la la land in a major way. Zombie.

"Hope you're grateful for this... I coulda just left ya lyin' there 'till somebody came along ta kill ya, y'know..."
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC-Start Kathleen.

"Did you know that a good thirty percent of SOTF deaths are when a person is first introduced?", perked up a quiet little voice, "We on the message boards call them fodder because they're overall established as quite bland people in real life, the general rule is that if you're unimpressive and only have one small quirk, you're pretty much destined to die on the first day."

The petite blonde girl nodded sweetly.

"It's funny, because they used to joke on the board that'd I be one of the first to go," she stared at the girl who recently arrived at trails pistol, "Did you also know that 90% of the people who get guns fail to use them correctly? The correct response for someone playing the game would to shoot at me, that's one of the arguments for the game being fake actually. I never believed them. Always pray for the worst and plan for the worst was my motto, I've thought in the last couple of days: why'd I even go on this trip? I mean, it was kind of obvious that we were going to be abducted. Everyone was far too happy, Adam Dodd decided to go on it.

"And then I think to myself, wow, that's a joke: our entire lives where laid out to us just because our parents signed a permission slip. Perhaps they where in on it. Perhaps our parents signed us over to the government to be used like cattle, Dr. Michael, a famous political scientist at Yale, states that cannibalism is the natural evolution in sociology, what with the dog-eat-dog business world. I believed him just in case, you know that? It didn't make sense to me at all but I believed him. And look at that, Danya announces that Guy Rapide gets his penis eaten.

Chatty Kathy isn't that crazy after all, eh?"

Kathleen Martin, had spoken rather quickly and smiled lightly at the new arrivals on the trail, she had traversed the jungle in her last few days, lost, but surviving well enough. Armed only with a coloring book and several crayons. Non-toxic. She couldn't even poison someone if she wanted to.

"Are you with someone? That's usually a bad sign, they're probably going to die you know, the two winners have both been protectors, but they where big names beforehand, Adam got his first kill on Day three and Bryan got his fairly early as well, to be a winner you pretty much have to be a killer. I mean there is Moravan yes and there are a few rumored test runs that aren't available to the public, but in the two -well I suppose three- successful iterations of SOTF the criteria for surviving is: a.) making a name for yourself early b.) being a protector and c.) having those who you are protecting die."

"It's inevitable really, all of us really only have a 1 out of 200 chance of surviving, I doubt it'll be me and I doubt it'll be you. Fact: none of the winners where sure of their victory going in, it pays to be modest."

She paused.

"A required question I suppose, though not really considering I'm still living and making a fool of myself: Are you playing the game?"
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Namira

Post by Namira »

When somebody came into sight further down the trail, Maxie immediately tensed. She'd been hoping to avoid confrontation for the time being, but if she could see the other, then they could certainly see Cara and herself. Dammit. She already knew why a fight wasn't going to end well. Maxie briefly considered cutting off into the jungle, but there really wouldn't be any point, unless she fancied just abandoning Cara underneath a tree somewhere of course. They wouldn't make it any significant distant if the person felt like following after them. Maxie couldn't move Cara quickly enough for them to outrun anybody.

Cautiously, Maxie withdrew the support of her arm from Cara - hoping to hell she wouldn't just collapse like a stringless puppet. That definitely wouldn't communicate a positive image. Then again, standing listlessly wouldn't either, so with that in mind, Maxie carefully pulled Cara back before stepping in front of her.

I hope that ya can see what I'm doin' for ya somewhere in there Cara...

Maxie raised the mauser, grasping it with both hands and pointing it down the trail - not because she thought it would help her aim, Maxie knew too little about guns to know that, rather to stop her hand from trembling and betraying her nervousness to whoever this girl was.

For some reason she seemed obsessed with listing off statistics and facts about the game rather than making any kind of threat, and Maxie listened impassively a while, before the girl finally said 'Chatty Kathy isn't that crazy after all, eh?' and with a jolt, Maxie realised who it was she was talking to. Kathleen, Kathleen Martin, the downright fucking weirdo that was obsessed with macabre disasters and most of all... the Survival of the Fittest game.

...Shit. Kathy ain't th'person ya wanna walk into in th'middle of somethin' like this...

"Well in that case... congratulations on provin' everybody on your boards wrong," Maxie told Kathy bitterly. "Not that it'll do ya much good..." she smiled mirthlessly, not appreciating Kathleen's gallows humour in the slightest. "An' if ya knew we'd be abducted it might've been a courtesy t'warn somebody don't ya think?"

Kathy's attitude was grinding on Maxie. Sure, you didn't have to panic when you were on SOTF, but seeing somebody so calm and analytical about the whole thing was really pissing her off. Was this not getting into her head in the slightest? How far into the game were they? How lucky were any of them to even still be alive right now? Maxie had been forced to fight for her life several times already... she somehow doubted that it was the same story for Kathleen.

"Glad to see you're so calm about all of this," Maxie said, between gritted teeth. "Playin'?" Maxie thrust the gun forward. "Bang, bang. Ya think I'd've let ya talk like that if I was gonna kill ya?" Frankly, Maxie was tired and irritable, and Kathy arriving was just making her feel worse. She didn't think that the other girl was going to be a threat to her or her 'charge', but in any case, Kathleen wasn't exactly the sort of company Maxie felt like dealing with right now.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"A pistol? Now that's even more disappointing. Did you know both winners had shotguns? Do you know anybody who got a shotgun? I'm sure staying with them would be the better decision, hell you should befriend them and slowly poison their waters so they die in their sleep, then you pull an Adam and steal the shotgun of your fallen comrade, hell you could let your friend over there get raped as well!", she smiled bubbly, "I mean, we joke about it on the message boards all the time, 'I mean I love seeing underaged breasts as much as the next guy, but rape is so overplayed', to put it quite simply. I was lawlerskating all the way home that night."

She smiled.

"Well? Are we going to form a group? Hmmm...two semi-attractive women, Oh! You should meet a friend of mine, is name is Blitz, he's kinda bigshot on the site and whatnot, he chatted one day with me and told me he'd love to see me on SOTF so he could write horrible yuri about me. I told him to 'stfu', but the people on the boards must be so happy, I mean, when you think about it that's probably why I got through with this. I mean, we're internet celebrities, like Maxie, everytime you've taken a dump or bathed or anything is probably on the internet right now, just hundreds of clicks a day to people fap fap fapping to you taking a dump."

"It's kinda weird, but overall the SOTF community is on a downhill slope after all these shows and the Japanese are trying to come back at us saying that they don't publish their games, it's all BS, really.", she smiled once again, 'Well, enough about the internet, what have you been up to? Did you kill anyone? Were you raped? Oh! You're probably an Amanda Jones type, on your own looking for a boyfriend or not...I swear to god at fifteen when I saw Adam shower I was totally jealous of Amanda. Oh, the naivette of youth...he's literally a lot less handsome in person."

She blushed.

"I'm sorry, I'm rambling."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

{{Leo Curtis continued from Finsternis}}

"Very nice cut. Not exactly clean, but definitely a B+ effort. Did you do this, Ms. McKay?"

Leo glanced down at the gutted musician in the shrubbery a couple of meters away, and then looked back at the beheaded body of...well, Leo wasn't sure, he couldn't see the head anywhere. And a lack of a head always made identification difficult.

"Wait a minute..."

Leo grabbed a notebook from inside his daypack and flicked through it to the list of kills and killers he'd heard over the announcements. Mr. Danya had left the notebook and a few pens and pencils inside his bag, and it had proved invaluable for keeping track.

"Ah, yes. Guy Rapide. Testicles removed. Apparently, Mr. Danya forgot to mention a lot more."

He leaned in a little as something in Rapide's arm caught his eye.

"You must be Little Ms. McKay Junior. I think it's safe to say I won't be kissing this baby."

"You're probably an Amanda Jones type, on your own looking for a boyfriend or not...I swear to god at fifteen when I saw Adam shower I was totally jealous of Amanda. Oh, the naivette of youth...he's literally a lot less handsome in person."

Leo stood back up to his full height and looked around slowly. He'd heard the voice coming from the left. Putting the notebook back in his daypack and gripping his club tightly, he moved towards the sound quietly and quickly on his toes. Causing unnoticeable rustle, he crouched down as he approached the three female figures talking in the middle of the clearing - well, two talking, one looking comatose. He looked at the first and, after a few seconds thinking, recognised that body, even from behind.

Kathleen Martin. Pretty. Very pretty. And eloquent. Also belonging in a Bedlam house.

Leo looked at the other girl, standing a little in the distance. He immediately recognised her.

Maxie Dasai. Intelligent, but slack. Also troublesome, but not too much so.

Of course, the gun she was wielding would pose a problem, but nothing Leo reasoned he could not handle.

Leo gazed briefly at the unconscious third person, aiding his position by leaning on Maxie.

Cara...Cara...ah, yes. Cara Scholte. The social butterfly. Couldn't hurt a fly.

Leo remained crouched there, hidden by a bush, biding his time, watching the girls.

Play it smart, Leo. They're easy pickings, certainly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

(Cara Scholte continued from Thread of the Manatee. Also, sorry for the short post, but Cara's just kinda there. She can't do a whole lot.)

The flying had stopped and Cara's surroundings were once again pitch black. The low, moaning sounds had returned as well. It was different then before, however, as there were now two sounds. It sounded as though they were talking to each other.

The higher-pitched of the sounds went on for quite awhile before the other one chimed in. The higher-pitched one was... menacing sounding, while the lower one sounded calm. Were they fighting?

---

In the real world, Cara had immediately crumpled to the ground when Maxie took away the support. Her body hit roughly on the hard ground and her limps were sprawled. If one didn't know they situation, they could easily have thought she was dead... though she might as well have been.

She was a shell of her former self.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Maxie quirked an eyebrow, Kathy was an odd one, that was for sure, but nor did she seem too threatening. For Maxie though, that was no real reason to let her guard down one bit, the moment she was lulled into a false sense of security was the moment somebody took advantage and killed her. Maxie hadn't been unwary for a moment yet in the game, and even then, she'd almost been killed a couple of times. It most certainly wasn't a good idea to relax.

As Kathy continued rambling on Maxie had to wonder: had she just cracked under the pressure or should she be worried that the other girl was taking things far too well? Probably the latter, Kathy, Maxie knew from what little contact she had ... 'enjoyed' with her at school, was a SOTF nut. This was probably a dream come true for her or something like it.

It didn't much help her mood when Cara instantly crumpled to the ground after Maxie withdrew her support. She was a mess... killing Joey had driven her into some kind of catatonic state, and it didn't look as though she would be recovering any time soon, which made Maxie's heart sink. She wasn't exactly happy the idea with abandoning her, but taking Cara was too much like a load, and she was fast approaching the end of her patience.

"Uh... yeah, go ahead with your... yuri," Maxie didn't really care if she wasn't taking Kathy the right way - she was too annoying for that. God... some of the stuff Kathleen was coming out with was just disgusting. "I'd much rather be at home than be an internet celebrity. And well... if they wanna get their rocks off they'll have plenty better opportunities than me," whilst saying this, Maxie was unfortunately quite unaware of the fact that the rain had endeavoured to soak her (white) shirt to the point when it was next-to see through, making her rather generous bust easily visible (good thing she was wearing a bra).

"And no... I haven't been raped, nor do I plan on killin' anyone."
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: I couldn't find anywhere better to put Adam, so fuck it. Game start, boy 84, get your big, dumb, arse in it. I hope you don't have any problems with it, guys.
IC:

Adam Reeves was not happy, though in the past six days he had gotten rather used to that. Not only was he tired, cold (he'd been hot before, but the soaking rain had significantly dropped the island's temperature), occasionally feeling a bit sick, afraid for his life, and completely and totally lost in the fucking jungle, he was bored. Six days traversing through the jungle, eating when he was hungry, hunting and finding sources of water when needed, avoiding traps, overall doing what he could to stay alive, and he had yet to find a single person. He'd heard on the announcements who was alive and dead, and almost everyone was playing just as he thought, but it was just dull to only hear about it. He wanted to get into the thick of it, get a hold of someone and smash them around some. Maybe not kill them, but at least get in a fight (pity Gabe Theobaldt had died so early, he was one of the very few people in Southridge bigger than him, and that fight would've been epic, in Adam's opinion). Was especially odd because with around two hundred people in the class, even on such a big island, he figured the odds of running into someone would've been pretty high.

What good's a badass sword like this if you don't get to use it?

Adam had been surprised when he found the six foot long zweihander strapped to the outside of his pack, clearly too large to fit inside. It had actually amused him that he'd been given a weapon so big it didn't fit in the bag. Picking it up, he was surprised to notice it wasn't that heavy, only about seven pounds, enough that he could hold it in one hand even though to fight with it effectively he'd probably have to use both. There wasn't any instruction manual, but it was probably easy enough to use, and big enough that it'd probably be the next best thing to a gun. Until he found a firearm, it'd suit him perfectly, those losers he went to school with wouldn't have a chance.

Surprisingly, after six days of moving along the trail and jungle, that cavalier attiude hadn't faded much. Comforting himself with thoughts that every minute he walked one one minute closer to winning the game, that he was alive when so many others weren't, he soldiered on. Yeah, it was boring, but bored was better than dead. He'd even stopped to practice with the zweihander a bit a few times. At first it had been awkward and unweildy, and bandages on his body betrayed that he had nicked himself at least a few times with the huge blade, but the cuts weren't too bad considering he'd stopped to take care of them as best he could and try to prevent infections, and he was actually starting to become semi-competent with the blade.

Still, it had been a very uneventful, somewhat disappointing six days, walking along the trail with the sword slung rifle-style over one shoulder (Adam had eventually figured out that he was supposed to hold it like this when he didn't find a scabbard and dragging it along the ground proved to be a bad idea) and the pack over the other. Letting out a sigh, he couldn't help but admit to himself that he wished he was home. Why had he even decided to go on the damn trip? It's not like the idea was even any fun. He probably would've been bored the whole time anyway, though it was better than staying at school he supposed. He wasn't as stupid as people thought, he knew almost nobody actually liked him, even if the trip had gone as planned it just would've been trouble, ironic because he'd been planning to not cause trouble for once and just relax.

This is all that fuckin' worthless Dodd prick's fault. Fucker won Danya's game, made him kidnap us. If I get my hands on that bastard...

A flash of anger took over as he braced himself, an enraged roar was let out, his right leg thrusting to the side to impact against the trunk of a nearby tree in a heavy kick, a few birds that had been hanging out in the branches taking off in fright. Taking in a breath as he regained his balance, he tried to calm himself down. If it weren't for that Dodd asshole, they'd never be in this mess. Yeah, most of the dead ones were just worthless losers who didn't even deserve to be born, but still, it was the principle of the thing. The fucker had set them up, and if it was the last thing Adam Reeves did, he'd make Dodd pay.

Having headed off again after that, nothing eventful happened for a while more, but he eventually turned a corner in the trail and finally saw some people. Three females, two conversing, one collapsed on the ground, possibly dead. What the...? Had they killed that person, and simply gone back to talking like it was an ordinary day at the shops? That was fucked up if it was the case. Still, looking closer it didn't take long to recognize the two that were standing, since he wasn't too far away, and he got a good look at the one on the ground, too.

I didn't know that bitch was on the trip. Haha, looks like I'm gonna get back at you after all, Lucas.

The one he was standing a fair but not that far distance behind, her shirt clearly soaked almost all the way through, to the point where if he looked closely he could see the outline of her bra, was clearly recognizable as Maxie Dasai, if just by her distinct hair style/colour. He could see a gun in her hands, not a good sign, but he'd need a gun anyway. Then, in front of her, he saw someone he couldn't really recognize at first, but stepping to the side a bit he noticed who it was. Kathleen Martin if he recalled correctly, probably one of the hottest psychobitches in the school. Too crazy for his tastes though. Then there was the one crumpled on the ground, but not seeming injured from where he was looking. He wasn't sure if he remembered right, but he thought that was Cara Scholte. Not as hot as Maxie or Kathleen, but pretty enough, and overall harmless in the game.

Heh, maybe after I rough 'em up a little a foursome will be in order.

Startled by the perverted thought and the arousal it caused thinking about it, Adam blinked and shook his head, hoping the inconvenient semi-erection would go away soon. Random hindrances like that would just get in the way. Sliding the pack off his shoulders, he gripped the zweihander's hilt with both hands and lowered the sword off of his shoulder, holding it above his head as he broke into a run at Maxie, charging as fast as he could while trying to keep the sheer length of the blade and the distance between them into account and not doing that great a job of it as he was focusing on getting there without tripping on his face. Once he thought he was close enough, he brought the massive weapon down in a monstrous diagonal slash, hoping to hack her to pieces before she knew what was going on. It wasn't likely he could catch her entirely by surprise, but getting the first shot in was vital, since he didn't have a gun.

Hey, Lucas! Wanna see your little sister bisected on live TV?!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
nope†

Post by nope† »

((B118 & G76 start))

"What do we do now?"

It meant nothing. It was a meaningless collection of words, one she knew the boy slumped against the tree trunk couldn't answer. But still Morgan let it escape her mouth. She was desperate for any sound, even her own voice, other than the distant screams and rattle of gunfire and the indifferent, stupid drumming of the constant rain.

James shrugged and kept his eyes averted from hers.

"Hell if I should know." All he really knew was that he was itching for a cigarette. There was a pack in his drawstring gym bag, just a short reach away. He'd ditched his duffel bag days ago, but he made sure the pack was among the items he kept. If only Morgan weren't here. He'd be smoking like the proverbial chimney. For a moment he resented her being there, then immediately felt guilty. He'd spent the first three days of the game searching the island for her. They needed each other. He didn't want her gone, and he didn't want to hurt her by showing her he'd broken their promise. The cig would have to wait.

James turned towards the girl. He was desperate to give her some words of encouragement to make up for his terrible thought. At first he was surprised to see an empty patch of air where she had just been. Then he noticed her several feet away, crouching in the underbrush.

"What's up?"
"Come look at this."

James obliged, walking over to the spot she was studying. It resembled the side of the Jersey Turnpike more than it did jungle. There was an assortment of junk scattered amongst the green. A few hair clips here, some make-up there, a soggy slab of color that could have once been a notebook, and...

His eyes rested on the small pink laptop as Morgan reached to pick it up. He could tell it was a goner just by looking at it. Someone must have trampled right over it. Morgan opened the Eee PC, pressed down on the cracked power button, then tossed it aside when its screen failed to flicker to life.

"I think I saw some girl using that a few seats in front of us. You know, back on the bus."

The bus. He said it as if it were from some time and place long buried in the past. Which he supposed it was, in a way. He felt like they had gone through a hundred years worth of change in these past six days.

"You mean the one with the...?" Morgan waved her hands around her hair, gesturing what could only be the universal sign for "big hair". James nodded. She shrugged.

They scanned the collection of junk, looking for anything that could be of use. Morgan's heart leapt to her throat when her eyes found it. At first she was sure it was just her imagination projecting what she hoped to find on some completely different object. Hers had been missing when she found herself on the island, and James had noted the same. They agreed that the terrorists had probably confiscated them. She blinked. It was still there. There was a crack through its screen, but maybe it could still work. She picked it out of the grass.

The phone was pink, like everything else. She depressed the "End Call" button. It sprang to life. She was elated as the first few bars of its power-up jingle played. Her hope was soon dashed as the song began to slow and crackle. It was the dying cry of a dying machine. The screen flickered, then went dark.

The silence weighed heavily on the duo. James couldn't bear it.

"...So," He gestured to the pink laptop. "think the wi-fi still works? I wanna check my Myspace."

She retorted through gritted teeth. "Don't be a jackass."

He went to reply when suddenly Morgan jumped to her feet and threw the phone. It connected with a tree, where it shattered into a thousand plastic splinters.

"FUCK!"

James lifted himself up.

"Morg, calm down. It's not a big deal"

She whirled around, setting her furious glare on him.

"Not a big deal? Don't you get it? We could have called for help! I can't believe that stupid little bitch could just throw that away! I swear to fucking God if I see her I'll-"

"Morgan, calm down. It probably wouldn't have worked out here anyway. I haven't seen cell towers or anything like that."

She hardly heard him. She was nearly shaking with rage. For a fleeting moment she'd had hope of escape, just to have it torn away from her at the last moment.

"Listen to me." James pulled the zipper up on his bright blue windbreaker. It wasn't doing its job so well. He looked over Morgan's one gray one, & saw it wasn't holding out well either. "We're soaked, we're tired, and it's not helping our mood any. Don't you think it's time we find shelter?"

Morgan let out a hollow laugh. "Right, because we've been intentionally avoiding buildings for six days just for shits and giggles, right? What if we run into someone?"

"Not everyone is playing. You know that. And if we do run into a player..."

James put his hand on the revolver tucked into his hip pocket, raising his eyebrow to Morgan as he did to emphasize his point. Her eyes widened.

"James... no. We can't"
"Why not? What's so wrong with defending ourselves?"
"You can't just kill someone!"

James could feel his voice raising as he become frustrated.

"So what are we going to do? Knock someone out with that lint roller of yours?"
"Shut up-"
"How the hell else are we going to survive? We can't hide out in the jungle forever, sooner or later we're going to come across someone who's playing regardless of where we go and-"
"Just shut the fuck up!"

James stared at her in shocked silence. Morgan stood there with her head down and her arms crossed over her chest for a fem moments, then brought her eyes up to his.

"So you want to play this sick fucking game? Fine, go right ahead. But stay the hell away from me. I'm not going to watch you kill anyone."

And with that, she turned and stormed away through the trees.

"Wait. I'm sorry! Morgan, wait!"

((James & Morgan continued in The Science of Selling Yourself))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler nope. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Well I was waiting for Chad to post, but eh, he was probably doing the same for me.))

Whilst waiting for Kathy to reply, Maxie decided it would probably be a good idea to check on Cara. She'd just collapsed after all, and that was worrying (if irritating) what if she was suffering from some sort of illness as opposed to having broken down? That was a startling thought - all this time Maxie had thought the pressure had just got to the girl, but if she was genuinely sick...

Turning around to see if Cara was okay, Maxie had little more than a split second to see somebody charging at her, weapon raised high. She moved instinctively, diving aside - the sweeping blow of the sword missing her by little more than a milimeter it seemed. Maxie turned the dive into something of a cartwheel, landing on her feet to one side of where she'd been standing moments before, and from there, got a much better view of her attacker. Maxie had never been more glad of her two months, two to three times a week Capoeira classes than at that moment.

"Reeves!" she shouted. "Ya motherfucker!"

It was at the party of some guy... probably one of the baseballers, knowing how much most of them liked to get drunk, but Maxie couldn't remember any more. It was pretty standard fare for her, nothing too over the top. Plenty of alcohol available, but if drugs were being passed around it was definitely low-key, nobody doing or planning anything too crazy...

At least, until Adam Reeves caught sight of Maxie, and decided that he very much liked what he saw. Maxie never figured out whether he was just drunk or had had his eye on her for a while, but either way, the results were the same.

Maxie was just leaning against a wall, watching the other partygoers and taking a brief breather when a huge figure suddenly loomed over her. Startled, Maxie looked up, into the face of Reeves - one of the biggest, meanest guys around. Perhaps not the greatest fighter in the world, but with the size and strength to make up for it. She couldn't help but notice that he appeared to be stealing a look down her top.

She didn't know the guy all that well. They'd met before at various gatherings (mostly, Maxie suspected, because Reeves was looking to pick fights) but only exchanged a couple of words in passing overall. She knew Lucas didn't like him, but when pressed for an answer, it turned out he wasn't pleased that there was somebody who looked as though, in time, might get up to his standard. Looking at Lucas' tendency to start fights at the drop of a hat, Maxie thought that the two of them were somewhat similar people, although Lucas never did anything like Reeves' bullying.

Reeves said some kind of pick-up line then - Maxie couldn't remember what it was, but she did recall giving him a look of vague disinterest and politely but firmly shutting him down. Reeves looked somewhat surprised at that, but responded only by becoming more insistent, actually grabbing ahold of her at one point. And then... a hand appeared on Reeves' arm.

"Dat's enough," said Lucas Dasai. Maxie had her own odd accent (similar to her father's) but Lucas' was like no-one else in the family. Maxie had her suspicions that it was affected rather than natural, but since Lucas hadn't let it slip, even as a youngster. the idea could be nothing more than conjecture.

"Hey idiot. Didn't ya hear my sister say no? Leave her alone,"

"Well I don't see you having the guts to do anything Lucas, so shove off," Reeves pushed Lucas away, and Maxie saw a light come into her older brother's eyes. Lucas wasn't a big guy by any means - he barely reached Maxie's own height, but he was one of the best fighters you could find around. He got into so many scrapes and altercations that he had to pick up some tricks, otherwise he would have just got his ass kicked all of the time.

And with that, Lucas socked Reeves one straight in the jaw...

Maxie hadn't really been bothered by Reeves after that fight, but she suspected that this was mostly because he wanted to take out his frustrations on her older brother rather than her - a proxy. However, not long after the fight, Lucas had decided that he might as well turn the one thing he was good at into a real profession and started to train for MMA in the hopes of starting a career. Just recently, he had achieved success in this, managing to secure a contract and...

Goddamn... I forgot, Lucas had his first fight yesterday. Wonder how my bro did...

"Jesus. Do ya ever stop bein' an asshole!?" Maxie snapped at Reeves, the thought not occuring to her to raise the gun again. "I wouldn't let ya fuck me so now ya wanna kill me? Is that it!?"
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Leo had seen Adam Reeves, 6 foot 5, formidable wrestler, not-so-formidable mind, charging at Maxie long before anyone else. Leo wasn't incredibly fussed by this development, as taking Ms. Dasai out would remove the most challenging of the girls. And if Reeves decided to run away afterwards, even better. That'd just leave Ms. Martin. And the catatonic Ms. Scholte, but that's another story.

This meant Leo was slightly disappointed when Maxie dodged the six foot sword with an incredibly convoluted roll/dive hybrid.

"Reeves! Ya motherfucker!"

So, our Ms. Dasai has training in some kind of martial arts? This should make for interesting viewing. Of course, her not using that gun could be a problem for her, but if her stupidity gets her out of the picture, well...

Leo wished he had a bucket of popcorn right now, because this was very entertaining.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Expansion on flashback done with permission and cooperation of Clueless.

Missed!

Adam had thought that he'd been (relatively, with the muddy ground) quiet enough for him to not be noticed, and he hadn't exactly heard anyone call out to Maxie in a warning, so he wasn't expecting her to turn around as he ran at her, noticing him just as he had already committed his momentum to the attack and diving to the right under his swing just as he started to carry it out, effectively ducking under his attack before he could adjust to take her dodge into account and then cartwheeling away to the side (what the?!). Frustrated at having come so close to a kill only to miss, he internally cursed a bit at his lack of speed. He'd always been slow, and that had never done him any good, quicker fighters always managed to outrun him. Despite his attempts to improve his speed, it seemed that weakness was betraying him even on the island.

If I was just a bit faster...wait, shit! The gun!

Old grudges notwithstanding, Adam's primary reason for going after Maxie first was the gun he'd seen in her hands. He knew she'd be the primary threat, and if everyone was playing the game he'd have to get that gun before she shot him. It wouldn't be pretty, but it was the only way he could keep himself alive in a game where everyone else was a psycho murderer. Of course, he'd missed what would've been a sure-kill had the attack landed, and as he stopped with the blade near the ground, a bit hunched over from the momentum of the strike, he froze up. How could he have missed? It seemed impossible, but in the back of his mind he knew it was too late. Nobody could move fast enough to beat a bullet, especially not him, and he was sure she was drawing a bead at him as soon as she had gotten her footing.

Oh gods, this is it! I'm gonna die here, because I was just a second too fucking slow! God fucking damn it! I don't wanna die!

Seeing no alternative, as his failed attack plus the gun Maxie possessed and the close distance between them made the split second he had to react impossible, Adam couldn't help but wince. Everything he had done in eighteen years, all the training and fighting and tormenting, it would all be undone because of one second. One second too slow, one second's instance of bad luck. Of course, he knew better than that. It wasn't bad luck, it was fate. He never had a chance of killing Maxie, she would've avoided his attack no matter what he did. It had all been determined before either of them were born, and he could only hope fate was merciful enough that Maxie ended him quickly.

"Reeves! Ya motherfucker! Jesus. D'ya ever stop bein' an asshole? I wouldn't let ya fuck me so now y'wanna kill me? Is that it!?"

Fate, however, either had different plans for Adam entirely or wanted the affair to be a bit less anticlimactic than Maxie simply dodging and shooting him point blank in the head. Instead of returning his attack by shooting while she had the advantage, she instead shouted at him, causing him to slowly straighten up and cast a glance in her direction out of the corner of his eye while she yelled. His gaze moving to her shirt for a split, barely noticeable if at all, second before returning to her face and then turning back away, the whole aside glance being maybe a second or two long, he wondered if she realized said shirt was so thoroughly soaked that she may as well not have been wearing one with how easily her bra and the bust it contained were visible. If she was stupid enough to talk when the right choice would've been to shoot, he wouldn't let her finish.

The baseball players had always thrown some pretty good parties, and since Adam had been particularly bored that night he thought he might as well drop by as he usually did. He couldn't remember which it was, wasn't Cooper or Riz or O'Cann or Hardy, but it didn't matter anymore, just that it'd been one of them. He supposed they were good for something, as their parties were usually pretty fun, and this one didn't seem to be any exception. It wasn't anything too over the top, but it wasn't too bad either. Plenty of booze, though either no real drugs or very little (fine by him, he didn't like the heavy stuff like LSD or coke or heroin, and even something like marijuana would get him booted from the team), lots of people (both tough looking guys and hot girls), pretty good music, all in all the making of a good night.

Adam had been hanging around the party for a while, having fun listening to whatever was playing, dancing (he wasn't very good, but he managed), messing with partygoers and the like, and had put away enough alcohol to be somewhat tipsy, but for most of the evening it was something of the standard fare. Except perhaps that he had yet to pick a fight with anyone, which some people had pointed out as being odd, but he didn't really feel like it. Eventually though, while hanging around in the crowd, he noticed one Maxie Dasai leaning against a wall, apparently taking a small breather. He was just drunk enough that it was noticable, and considering he'd had his eye on her for a good bit of time by then, he couldn't help but excuse himself and move through the crowd towards her.

By the time he reached her Maxie didn't seem to have noticed him, but Adam didn't really mind as it gave him time to give her a good look-over. He didn't know her too well, though they'd met a few times during parties and concerts and the like (where, more often than not, Adam had eventually managed to pick a fight with at least one person) and occasionally had a conversation, and while on the one or two occasions he saw her brother Lucas he seemed to dislike him, he didn't really know either of them well at all. Still, he'd always thought she was pretty hot, so when he was intoxicated like he was making a move seemed perfectly logical. She was wearing more or less the same thing she usually did, old jeans, a denim jacket, trainers, and a tight pale tanktop cut just low enough to give a good view of her impressive rack (sure, she didn't exactly have the biggest tits in the school, but they were big enough without being too huge), and he took full advantage of this as he loomed over her, especially with the difference in height between them, until she noticed his presence and looked up to his face, seemingly startled. With her basically cornered, he took a second's silence to form his words before uttering some pickup line that had sounded more clever in his head than it did when he actually spoke it with the alcohol on his breath, a veiled offer for her to sleep with him.

Much to his surprise, however, she gave him a disinterested look and then politely but firmly refused. Adam actually hadn't expected that, since even with girls who didn't like him he was often good looking enough that they didn't mind a quick one night stand (especially if it had been a long party and/or they were drunk), but he'd never been good at taking no for an answer and if you asked the right people you'd find that where he lacked in charm he made up for in tending to be able to coerce a girl who refused him given time. He had never been one to take "no" as a valid answer, so Maxie's refusal just made him more insistent. As she continued to refuse, he got more frustrated, asking more and more persistently. Before too long, the liquor in him combined with his already annoyed demeanour, and he found himself grabbing hold of her.

The combined din of the music and the noise of the rest of the party seemed to make nobody notice, if anyone even cared, Adam using his strength and hold on Maxie's upper arms to pin her against the wall as he said something about how he didn't intend on going home "empty handed" from the party even if he had to force her (whatever he'd said, he didn't remember it the next morning). Of course, just as he started to press his body against hers, but before he could do anything more than quickly grope her breast once and move in to steal a kiss, a hand appeared on his arm, the grip on his bicep just firm enough to get his attention.

"Dat's enough."

Even if the sudden hand on his arm hadn't gotten his attention, Lucas Dasai's distinctive Cajun-ish accent would have easily, especially the annoyed tone it carried. Looking over to the much smaller man, who barely reached his sister's own height despite being three years Adam's senior and a legendary fighter, said to be one of the only people around capable of fighting Montezzo Valtieri to a stalemate, he found himself not allowed to reply before the obviously angry Lucas continued.

"Hey idiot. Didn't ya hear my sister say no? Leave her alone," he had said, extracting an annoyed grunt from Adam as he released Maxie as Lucas said to, only to slip out of Lucas' own grip.

"Well I don't see you having the guts to do anything Lucas, so shove off," Adam replied, his hand lashing out as he pushed Lucas away. Even when drunk, Adam was very strong, so Lucas was knocked back a good distance and fell over, but when he got up the look in his eyes would've made Adam raise his guard if his reflexes hadn't dulled, as he knew he'd just provoked one of the best fighters Southridge or Highland Beach University had seen in a long time. True to form, Lucas lunged at him and socked him right in the jaw, a surprisingly strong punch that caused Adam to step back some. Not a good way to start a fight, as he would soon learn.

If there was any lesson Adam had learned that night, it had been "never get into a fight while drunk", because he hadn't stood a chance against Lucas back then, even after several hard hits. Even over a year later he hadn't forgotten the pain and humiliation Lucas tearing through his lip had caused, the several minutes he had spent on the floor screaming in sheer agony as a disturbing amount of blood poured from the wound. Someone would later describe him as "bleeding like a stuck pig."

He hadn't bothered Maxie again after that night, but that was just because he had been hoping to find Lucas to take his frustrations out on, and he didn't see Maxie around the halls or any parties or the like very often if at all after that. Even when he did, it was usually a fleeting glimpse, and a lot of the time he got the feeling she was trying to stay out of his sight or at least put as many people between them as possible. He didn't really care, though, so it all worked out, but his failure to find Lucas after that day combined with the two of them (Adam and Maxie) being among the seniors abducted for the game set the next best thing for him.

Well, if I can't hurt your body, Lucas, I guess fucking your mind over by taking your sister out is the next best thing. Besides, if I don't, I'm going to die here. Ah well, we'll see how it rolls. Fate acts as it wills and we just have to go with it.

Realizing that he probably wouldn't have a second chance if he failed to take Maxie down or at least stop her from firing, Adam forced his thoughts back down as Maxie started to finish her tirade, as he let go of his grip on the sword with his right hand and turned his upper body at Maxie in a slight twisting motion as his right arm shot out in an elbow strike aimed between her eyes. Normally, Adam was a slow fighter, powerful but lumbering in movement, but he was capable of sudden bursts of speed when he tried enough (and considering his life was on the line, he was putting no small amount of effort into it), and since Maxie was almost right next to him he hoped the close proximity they shared and straight trajectory of the attack would increase the likelyhood of the attack hitting. It wasn't a knockout blow by any means, though he hoped it'd stun Maxie and force her back, buying him time to let go of the sword with the other hand and finish his turning movement to face her, his left hand rising up in a fist with the turn and torquing motion of his body to fire an uppercut at Maxie's gut, near the solar plexus. The punch would have a lot of Adam's weight put into it, so it'd be a powerful blow, Adam hoped it'd be enough to take her down.

I'll get the sword in a second, but I have to keep her busy, can't let her draw a bead on me with that gun so I have to keep punching. Heh, and here I thought I'd never like hitting a girl.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Maxie rated Reeves very highly on the list of people she really didn't like. Nobody else had groped her after all. Maxie had strong, strong views on sex and naturally, she hadn't appreciated somebody trying to strongarm her into ditching her morals. Still, scumbag that he was, Maxie still didn't believe that he deserved to be shot down like a dog. Even if he was trying to bisect her. Well okay, maybe that was going a little far but... human life wasn't something to just be taken away, hadn't enough people already been killed? Reeves evidently thought not.

She was in two minds about using the gun. One part of her was already screaming in rage and frustration for not having capped Reeves whilst she had the chance - she'd caught him cold! Pull the trigger and boom - he was dead and gone. ... And that was precisely the protest the other view had in mind. Could she just kill somebody? So far, the answer was no. Even now, in the middle of the fight, the very idea of it filled Maxie with disgust. The delinquent wasn't sure if she should be regretting that scruple.

The prevailing thought in her head was 'yes' as Reeves moved onto the attack again, catching her unprepared and slamming an elbow into her forehead. Dazed by the blow landed by the much bigger Reeves, Maxie slipped on the mud underfoot, the slick footing meaning that she wasn't even there for the second blow, falling flat on her ass on the ground, avoiding the attack far more by luck than judgement - if you called eating an elbow from somebody Reeves' size lucky.

Maxie took a moment to shake off the first shot, with Reeves' follow up sweeping over her head. On the ground, Maxie shoved her gun down her tanktop (hey, there wasn't time to do much else) before planting both hands onto the ground and using the base to spin around. This would effectively move her around Reeves again, where she would continue the spin to launch a kick at his ankles and hopefully send him to join her down on the ground, which would hopefully allow her time to get the hell out of there.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Heh.

Adam's move had worked too well. The elbow strike did its job perfectly, catching Maxie off guard and knocking her back. However, he had forgotten about the sheer size difference and his own strength, which coupled with the mud on the ground sent Maxie down right on her ass. Adam hadn't expected that, perhaps due to overestimating the girl, and had actually half-expected her to duck and therefore take the uppercut square in the face. Instead, with his attack already having too much momentum to stop, he completed his turn and the uppercut with it, the powerful punch going over Maxie's head as she fell. Trying to steady himself as his left hand lowered after the punch, he looked down to Maxie just in time to see her shove the gun down the neckline of her completely soaked shirt and into her bra, though even with her tanktop completely soaked through he couldn't see just where, especially since he was trying to avoid looking down her top this time.

Okay, why the FUCK would you put a gun down there?! This isn't a movie, it's just not going to fit! And even if it did, that's just a violation of common sense. Man, Maxie, you're just asking to accidentally shoot yourself! Not to mention how uncomfortable it'll be, if it doesn't just fall down your shirt. Wait a sec, why do I care?

Past his reputation as a good wrestler and ruthless bully, Adam was known as being a bit of a gun nut. He liked guns, and made no secret of it. He liked learning about them, even wanted to buy some for himself when he graduated, they always had some sort of appeal to him. Because of that, he knew a good bit about them, but it also gave him an odd habit of being compelled to correct people when he noticed they were handling firearms completely wrong. That made it difficult to ignore the fact that, outside of films, holding a gun in one's bra came across as a stupid idea.

Unfortunately, today it wasn't just a pet peeve, it was a distraction that could prove fatal. Right after tucking her gun in her bosom, Maxie propped herself up on her hands and spun around in what could only be described as a sweeping kick. Adam had put almost all of his weight in the previous uppercut, and the precious few seconds it took to prevent himself from falling over due to abruptly unbalancing himself by taking the risk of throwing a fight-ending punch could have been used to pre-emptively counter Maxie's attack. If it wasn't bad enough, his annoyance at the gun (he still couldn't make out what model it was) being used improperly had distracted him even more for the couple extra seconds it'd take for Maxie to set up and throw the attack, which in itself was unorthodox enough that Adam didn't expect it, having never seen such a kick used before.

The result was that Maxie's Capoeira kick worked just as she hoped, spinning around and knocking into Adam's ankles and lower legs from behind just as he was recovering from his already lost balance. Surprised, Adam couldn't react in time to do anything as his feet were swept from under him and he fell to the ground with a thud right next to Maxie. Letting out a low grunt that sounded a bit like "urk!", he blinked rapidly for a second or so to try to stop the world from spinning around, quickly shaking off the stunned status the attack put on him, trying to force himself up into a sitting position before Maxie could get up. She still had that gun, after all.

I'm not gonna let you kill me, Dasai! You and your bum of a brother can rot in hell!
Namira

Post by Namira »

Maxie was more than a little surprised when her attack actually had the desired effect. Sure, that was what it was supposed to do, but still, Reeves was a big guy, and he'd been dumped on the ground with ease. Of course, being that Reeves was unlikely to give up just from being knocked down, Maxie didn't let the shock keep her in place for any longer than it took to just react.

Still, Maxie was cost time as she scrambled in the mud for a precious second or so, slipping as she tried to get up. From there she decided it was going to take too long to get up and sprint and just moved how she could, not quite on her hands and knees but not much better than that, just trying to put some distance between Reeves and herself.

Fact was, Reeves was trying to kill her, if, y'know, the thing with the sword was any indication. She didn't really care precisely why (although she could probably hazard a close guess) - foremost in her mind was just getting the hell out there. One fleeting thought of Cara's wellbeing hit her, but hell, Maxie was having enough trouble looking after herself without having to deal with some catatonic girl who couldn't even walk without being supported. She owed Cara one, it was true, but did that mean risking her own life just to try and get the other girl out of there? Reeves was a big and slow fucker, to say the least, but Maxie didn't doubt that he could outpace her if she was forced to drag Cara along with her.

Maxie didn't want to leave her behind, but at this point, it didn't look as though she had much of a choice.

Sorry girl... I tried ta look out for ya, but I've got Reeves tryin' ta kill me here. I hope I can fight him off, but if I can't... urgh.

This wasn't going to be easy to do.

Return to “Overgrown Trail”