Such Poolishness

Open

Chattanooga plays host to numerous festivals throughout the year, from Pride marches to film festivals to sporting events; this is the place for those and other specific events, public or personal. Other threads that take place within the city limits but not in any other specified location also belong here. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Chattanooga should also be placed in the appropriate board.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Camilla almost regretted asking about the web series and felt terrible for that. Did that even make sense? Of course it didn't.

It sounded... cool, she guessed, for lesbians who liked to watch lesbians do lesbian stuff. It didn't really seem like the series for her, though. Come to think of it, she barely watched any web series.

"I don't watch a lot of web series, I'll give it a try," she offhandedly promised without thinking. When she realized what she said, she wanted to sew her mouth shut.

Then again... how bad could it be? So there was making out on screen. So what? Maybe the story's actually pretty good. You never know unless you don't try. At least, those were the thoughts she played on repeat.

Or she could like... not actually watch it. It's not like Leslie had cameras set up monitoring everything she does on the internet, right? Still, it would feel wrong, somehow. She could almost imagine Leslie walking up to her at school and saying So, how did you like it? Better to just avoid that fiasco and you know, actually watch it.

All this over a gay web series. Huh.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Thanks, I hope you guys like it. It'll be nice to have someone to talk about it with,'' Leslie said earnestly. She could feel herself bonding with them already, perhaps they'd even become friends. Not sure where to take the conversation next, but not wanting it to end, she took a moment to think, before asking "So what do you guys like to do for fun?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

For fun? Well, horror movies were one of her fun things to do. Hobbies were always a fun thing. Violet could admit to that. She had to remember to give the girls her number so that they could hang out again at some point. This was what she had wanted to do. She had to come out of her shell more and be able to make some more friends. She didn't want to be the quiet goth in the background forever. Leslie and Camilla did seem to be very nice girls after all.

"Well....." Violet paused to think for a moment or two. "I do like photography. It is fun but.... I want to become a photographer as a career for me."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
BlizzardeyeWonder

"For fun?" Camilla repeated. "Ah... I..."

It was at that moment she realized she was kind of boring.

Really, gardening and classical literature? Books they'd already talked about. That would be redundant. Gardening? Oh come on, how many kids her age actually care enough about gardening to carry on a conversation about it? 'Hey I planted a marigold but it died' 'Oh that's sad, anyway how was the baseball game?' Okay, that was a bit condescending. There was the gardening club after all. The gardening club that desperately needed members.

"Well, other than reading, I mostly take care of my garden."

Maybe if she had faith, one of the girls would take interest. She considered mentioning sewing, but she barely showed any of her terrible tapestries to people she knew for a long time now, and these were girls she just met.

Nodding at Violet's answer, she responded.

"So you want to be a photographer, huh? More power to you, then."
[+] Meilin

Aesthetics
[+] Camilla

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Those are some neat hobbies," Leslie said. She turned and grinned at Violet. "Say Violet, since you like photography, why not take some photos of us?"
BlizzardeyeWonder

At the mention of photographs, Camilla felt like jumping. Luckily, she was given an excuse to do so thanks to hearing her mother call from a corner of the pool deck. Something something going home, or something? But yeah, in any case that was her cue to leave.

"Oh, geez, sorry guys, I'd love to take a picture sometime," lies lies damned lies "But I have to go. See you on Monday!"

She quickly stepped up, trying and succeeding at slipping her feet out of the water and not slipping into the pool, with a brisk walk towards her mother following. She turned and waved goodbye to the two girls, with a polite smile.

Look, it wasn't that Camilla didn't like pictures. But really? A picture of her at the pool in an old swimming suit a size too small?

[Camilla Bell continued in Exodia Destroys- wait, this isn't right]
[+] Meilin

Aesthetics
[+] Camilla

Aesthetics
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet noticed that she was alone with Leslie and she knew that she was not good at continuing topics on her own. One-on-one with a girl. She smiled and waved at Camilla as she was leaving and she decided that she should break away from Leslie. She was going to be as polite as she could about it as she felt a bit insecure about someone asking her to take photos sometimes.

"Ah, I could always take some pictures another time...?" She suggested in a quiet, friendly tone of voice and she got up to her feet slowly. "I'll see you around, Leslie."

((Violet Quinn continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)

Return to “Events/Other”