Out on the Town and Out of the Closet

Open to all, LGBTA especially welcome

Old and new intertwine at Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama. Established in 2003, Bryan wanted a retro, vintage look for his bowling alley, but he also wanted all the new age amenities. It boasts 42 lanes, a billiard area, and a VIP lounge complete with a huge plasma television. Friday night is "Theme Night", where the alley gives discounts to those individuals who come dressed in the theme of the night.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Umm, yeah sure. I got my truck."

What the hell did Kara say to her?

Not wanting to really disrupt the new conversation breaking out, Steve got up quietly, and walked behind Gabe. He then leaned down and said, "Hey dude, I'm going to take Courtney home, I should be back in time for the next game, depending on traffic."

Steve checked to make sure he had everything, and turn to see if Courtney was ready.

"You need a hand carrying anything?"
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"No," Courtney said quietly. "I only have my bag."

Making her way quickly she followed Steve out towards the doors, trying not to look at the group behind them or the two boys ahead of them.

"I wonder why she's leaving." Kara said to Gabe. Deep down she knew why, but she wasn't going to admit it. "Who's turn is it now?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steve opened the door for Courtney as they headed out the parking lot. There was obviously something on her mind, but Steve figured it was better to just get in the truck first, being as it was starting to rain.

"Its the black truck over there." He said as he pulled out his keys, and hit the unlock button on the remote. The truck's headlights flashed to indicate the doors were open now.

Steve opened the door and helped her into the truck before making his way around to the driver's seat. He opened the door and hopped in, starting the engine before quickly turning down the music before it blasted their ears out. It was something he always forgot to do, turn down the music to prevent the shocking blast of noise the next time he got into the truck. He pulled out of the parking spot and began to make his way to Kara's house.

"I know its really not my business, and I completely understand if you don't want to talk about it, but are you okay? You came back from the bathroom looking really upset."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

With out really being able to help it, and also sort of forgetting where was was, Courtney began ranting and raving in French about how much she really hated her cousin and how was a bitch and what not. It wasn't till she looked over at Steve for an 'I know what you mean' look she realized how foolish she must have sounded.

"Sorry.. I forgot where I was for a second there," Courtney said with an apologetic smile. "I just can't stand Kara sometimes."

Truth was, she didn't really want to go home either... she was just happy being away from her cousin and talking to, who seemed to be, a pretty interesting guy. While her head was filling with silly crush thoughts Courtney had to continue to remind herself that Steve was dating Serenity. Still, that didn't mean she couldn't at least be civil.

"I, uh.. have some change, if you want to grab an ice cream or something before you drop me off."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

The French caught Steve off guard, and he kind of chuckled when Courtney looked at him with the look of, 'Oh right, you don't speak French." What she said about Kara certainly did seem justified to Steve.

"I don't like to bad mouth people's relatives, but I do know what you mean about Kara. Even Gabe tells me she can be overbearing sometimes. I don't think she necessarily means all of what she says, but yeah, she needs to learn to control her outbursts. She can't keep blaming other people, or trying to pass away faults."

There was a brief silence where Steve just focused on the road. His head was swimming with thoughts of how Courtney seemed like someone he could relate to. Someone who was under a lot of outside pressure, however Serenity's face popped into his head.

I'm happy with Serenity aren't I? The thought had made itself prominent in Steve's mind in recent weeks. The little things had built themselves into bigger things, and Steve was beginning to feel that he was only with Serenity for the QB Cheerleader relationship that everyone else expected.

Courtney broke the silence asking if he minded grabbing some ice cream.

"You know what, that'd be great. Don't worry about your change, I'll treat. Where would you like to go? Theres a place just up here that has great chocolate chip cookie dough, and there is a place closer to Kara's that has really good rocky road."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"The cookie dough sounds good."

Lair! You hate cookie dough!

Courtney smiled when Steve offered it to be his treat. For a guy who had a girlfriend, he was still very charming. It was cute.

"It's alright.. We all the was Kara is. I don't care if you say something."

A moment of silence passed again before Courtney tried to make a funny to break the ice.

"So! You're paying eh... this a date then?"

It was a tad out of character for her to act like this but hey, he was cute and Courtney enjoyed his company. He'd probably just assume she was joking anyways and they'd both laugh about it and be in the clear.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Heh. Sure, its a date." Steve replied with a smile on his face. Any thoughts of the bowling alley, Gabe, Kara, Evan, Brad or Troy had all but disappeared. He was finally able to just be himself. No expectations, no nothing. Just him and a nice French girl going for ice cream.

Steve changed signaled his turn as he pulled into the parking lot of "Stew's 22 Normal and 1 Mystery Flavor Ice Cream Parlor".

"You know, I've been coming to Stew's since grade 9 and I've never tried the mystery flavor. Apparently old Stew likes to change it up every month or so, to give the mystery even bigger mystery. I remember though one time I was here with Gabe and he got the mystery. Cinnamon. Can you imagine cinnamon ice cream?"

(continued elsewhere)
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe was a bit distraught to see his best friend leave with his girl's cousin. He knew Steve well enough to know she'd probably develop a crush on him. Steve was a charming guy with the ladies. In a way, Gabe resented him for it. He'd always had to work his ass off to find someone he liked that liked him back, but Steve just laid it all out and the girls would come to him. He turned his mind to the situation at hand. "Hey ladies, looks like two spots in out game just opened. Want to fill them?" he asked, smiling as politely as he could.

He wondered only briefly as to why Courtney had insisted on going home so abruptly mid-game. Maybe she wanted to find an excuse for some alone time with Steve. Gabe had seen girls throw themselves at Steve many times before. Maybe this was one of those situations....

He moved over next to Kara, putting an arm around her shoulder and squeezed her a bit. "What was that all about sweetie?" he asked, "Courtney calling it an early night? I coulda driven her home. If I know Steve, it's probably best the two of them weren't alone anyway". Gabe paused for a second, recalling that Steve had been dating Kara's best friend for some time, and maybe she'd say something to start some drama. So he played it off as best he could, for Steve's sake. "I mean, he doesn't even know where she lives".
Crap. If Kara tells Serenity, Steve's gonna have my nuts in a vice for making insinuations

"Oh is it my turn again. Cool" he said, grunting to rise to his feet.

Meanwhile Evan bgan to size up the girls who'd just come to join them.
That Viki girl's kinda cute. Definately got a solid system going on. Chelsey... eh, I'd hit it. For convinience sake. But damn, look at that Viki ass right there. Wonder what it'd look like without those pants...
"Hey girls" he said, trying to play it cool, "Welcome to the game. You're up after Gay-buh here... so what's new?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Sorry for taking so long, been really bogged down with the holidays and whatnot.))

When Gabe caught sight of Chelsey and Viki, he waved them over. Chelsey turned to Viki with an "I told you so" look on her face and simply smiled and winked. As they headed over, the trio of boys currently sitting alone beckoned them to grab a seat. Since the only open ones seemed to be near Evan, that was where the two girls slid in. They didn't really have time to initiate any kind of conversation before Kara and... her cousin, Viki couldn't seem to remember her name, rejoined the group. When the two girls walked up, something just didn't quite feel right. The french girl seemed like she was smiling, but Viki couldn't help but notice the tears that were welling up in the corners of her eyes. Kara didn't seem to notice -- or maybe she just didn't care. She greeted both girls with a friendly smile, and Viki smiled back. Chelsey just nodded.

"Not a lot," Viki smiled, "I think we got ditched."

She couldn't help but laugh. Maybe she should be mad that the group they were supposed to be bowling with never showed up, but instead, she just found it funny that she and Chelsey, especially Chelsey, who was a total flake, were the ones getting ditched that night. She shrugged her shoulders lightly like it was no big deal and just shook her head and laughed again. Her laugh stopped rather abruptly as Steve got up and walked behind Gabe, muttering something in his ear before turning to Courtney. She hadn't even noticed Courtney talking to the other student, but apparently, they were now leaving together.

That's odd...

Courtney seemed to get up all too eagerly and all but dash out the door. Kara seemed to care, for about a minute, when she asked her boyfriend why her cousin was leaving. Viki wondered if something bad had happened. She hadn't seen Kara pull Courtney into the bathroom earlier, and she didn't know anything about what had been going on before they got there, but most people don't cry and ask to go home for no reason at all when they're supposedly out and having a good time. But maybe... Viki found it really odd that she'd just left with Serenity's boyfriend. Serenity, who was a co-worker of hers, and an all-around good person. She wondered where, exactly, Serenity was, and couldn't help but wonder how she'd feel about her boyfriend leaving with Kara's cousin.

I guess it's really none of my business.

Kara's concern was gone in an instant, and she was immediately inquiring as to whose turn it was to bowl. She looked over the group of acquaintances she was sitting with and smiled, trying to push the thoughts to the back of her mind. Chelsey, being Chelsey, seemed oblivious to the undertones in her current surroundings. She never really had been a read-between-the-lines kind of person, anyway. Most of the time, if Chelsey wasn't directly told something was going on, she didn't get it. And sometimes, even if you told her something was going on, she still wouldn't get it. That was just the way she was. Blissfully ignorant. Viki's attention snapped back to reality when Gabe offered them the empty spots that had suddenly come up on the board.

"Sure," Viki responded, "So who do you want to be, Chels? Steve or..." she had to glance at the scoreboard before she could remember the french girl's name, "Courtney?"

"You can be Steve," she laughed, "You look more like Steve anyway."

"What?" Viki shot back before pushing her friend lightly. Chelsey just laughed.

Gabe's attention turned to Kara, and his words about Steve and Courtney being alone together caused Viki to frown momentarily. He didn't say it aloud, but the tone in his voice and the way he worded it sounded like he thought Courtney wasn't upset at all and maybe the two just wanted to be alone together. Serenity was one of the sweetest people Viki knew, and she really hoped that Steve wouldn't cheat on her. Then again, Steve really had never seemed like the type to cheat on his girlfriends, even though she didn't know him very well. He just seemed like a nice guy in general. Hopefully, that was all there was to it.

Gabe seemed to blow off the idea too, immediately noticing that it was his turn to bowl. Evan, who hadn't really said all that much -- surpisingly -- since they had come over, suddenly sprung to life, letting them know that they could bowl after Gabe had and trying to initiate some random conversation. Viki almost felt awkward with the current group, probably because the only person that she really knew sitting around them was Chelsey, but she didn't let it show, instead, she just smiled, and let Chelsey do the talking. Of course, Chelsey didn't disappoint. She leaned over Viki, who was sitting next to Evan, in an attempt to talk to the other boy.

"Not a whole lot," Chelsey giggled, "Like she said, our loser friends ditched us, so, like, we had to find something else to do. Viki here wanted to go home, but she needs to get out of the house. She spends way too much time there. So, I saw you guys sitting over here, and now, um, here we are!"

Sometimes it's better if you don't talk, Chels.

Viki smirked as the thought passed through her head.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

As the door opened, Simon glanced across from where he was leaning and spotted a slacker. He smiled, then looked back.

Ah screw it, bolwing ain't for you. Time to ditch this joint. Simon walked to the door and murmured a greeting.
"Hey Nutbrown, see you around," then moved on past him, he had plenty to think about right now, and he really didn't feel like bowling. He was sure Katie would understand.

Outta here...

Simon walked out of the Bowl-A-Rama and headed out into the streets.

((Simon continued in Melancholy))
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Nutbrown wasn't exactly paying full attention at the time. He was more focused on looking for someone on the bowling alleys themselves, that he didn't notice that the guy he was looking for had just walked passed him. He gave Simon(who he thought was someone else) a resounding nod, in conjunction with a simple "hey." Hmm... Damn... where's Simon? He must be late, or something... He rolled his eyes, a loud sigh coming from the depths of his throat. Might as well wait around for the bastard. Got nothing better to do than... well, more interesting things.

He quickly slipped his way into the alley nearest to him, due to the fact that there were more kids there than at any of the other alleys. "Chels." he said bluntly, drawing as sly a grin as he could make. He walked as quietly as he could, right behind where Gabe(who, at this point, stuck out like a sore thumb in Nutbrown's mind) was, right next to his girlfriend, the name of whom he couldn't recall. Nutbrown really didn't care neither. She seemed like a bitch, but most women at this point looked like bitches to him, so that wasn't a huge surprise. "Gaaaaabbbbeeeeee......" He chimed in, as loud and as drawn out as he could. "How's it hanging?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe's attention was shooting all around the bowling alley, he was having a hard time adjusting to all the goings on. Nutbrown had called to him completely out of the blue, but Gabe was glad to see the familiar face. Him and Nutbrown weren't the best friends, but they've been known to chill on occasion. "Nutter! What's happenin' dude? You just missed Steve, he went to drive Kara's cousin home.... you remember my girl kara, right?" he said, gesturing openly to his girlfriend, looking into her eyes for approval.

Meanwhile, Evan maintained his agenda of awkwardly talking to the two girls who had just joined them. He manoevered his way towards Viki, and tried to start some conversation. "So Viki, how's your night been treating you? I must say, mine's been pretty effin' crazy so far. So many people randomly showing up, then you girls come in. Wow, everyone's here huh?". He was getting a bit nervous. Talking to girls was never Evan's forte. "So what do you ladies have planned for this evening? And who's the chump that ditched you?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Viki was thrown from her thoughts as the sound of Nathaniel Nutbrown's voice rang out, addressing Chelsey before walking over to Gabe.  There certainly were a lot of people here tonight.  It seemed like everybody from Southridge High School decided to come bowling at once, except, of course, for the lousy friends that had ditched them this evening.  The two engaged in conversation, and Viki couldn't help but cringe a little bit as Gabe introduced "Nutter" -- as he had referred to him -- to his girlfriend.  There weren't very many people in school that Viki really didn't care for, but Kara Holmes had made her way onto that list somehow.

Was she jealous?  Maybe a little.  Maybe a lot.  A lot of the reason she didn't really like Kara, though, had more to do with her uppity attitude and the way she always seemed to put everybody down than it did with Gabe.  Viki couldn't help but think she was probably the reason that Courtney was almost on the verge of tears before she left with Steve.  It wouldn't surprise her any, that much was for certain.  She sighed audibly.  She really shouldn't be thinking bad things of people.  Kara could be a nice girl if Viki just took the time to get to know her, the problem was the outer shell that she showed to everyone else.  She just seemed like a total... well, bitch.

Her gaze, which was currently fixated on some unknown object out beyond Kara, suddenly snapped over to her side as Evan maneuvered his way nearby and attempted to initiate some sort of conversation.  Apparently, he didn't really want to talk to Chelsey.  She couldn't blame him much.  Chelsey was like her sister, she loved her dearly, but sometimes, talking to her was like talking to a six year old.  Or a stump.  Probably a stump.  Every once in a while, she'd say something relevant, but most of the time, she was either talking at you or not even pretending to listen.  It could be frustrating after a while.

He just seemed to be rambling, and Viki couldn't help but smile.  At least he was making an effort to talk to them.  Gabe hadn't said two words to them since Kara came back, though she wasn't really surprised.  Steve was gone, and she hadn't really acknowledged any of the other people who kept coming toward them.  Was that a hint of nervousness she detected in his voice, or did Evan Angler always ramble?  He never really seemed like the type, that much was for certain.  With someone who was as wealthy and affluent as this boy was, she figured his social skills would be pretty high-end.  Then again, it was nice that he wasn't the typical "rich kid" stereotype.  At least, he didn't seem to be.

"Well, the only important thing about the night is us showing up," Viki laughed, "We're the life of the party."

At least Evan's talking was making her feel a bit more comfortable with the group of practically-strangers.  She shrugged lightly at his next inquiry, not entirely sure how to respond.

"Well, as of now, we've got a whole lot of nada on the to-do list.  I don't know what we were supposed to be doing anyway, Chels and I and a bunch of people from work were supposed to hang out, but..."

She trailed off with a grin and a shrug, "Oh well, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Anyone alive out there?))
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(Wow... I completely forgot this thread was still moving, what with the tournament and all. I'll get to posting right now)

Under most normal circumstances, Brad would have kept his eyes either around the area of Gabe and his group of friends, or kept his eye contact with Troy. The only time this wasn't the case was when Brad stopped to look at Viki, whom looked alot more cuter that he had remembered, although one might believe that Viki and Chelsey were part of 'the group'. That was only for a split second though, and even then the long haired girl wasn't standing too far away from Gabe and Kara to begin with. Then again, once seeing both Kara and the other girl (who's name completely evaded him at the moment walked into the women's bathroom, Brad seemed slightly interested. What was even more strange was the fact that, the minute after leaving the bathroom, the other girl was certainly in a hurry to leave. He turned his head to watch her walk past him with Steve in tow, leaving the bowling alley. Brad wasn't exactly the kind of person who rush into assumptions, but the suddenness of what just happened seemed to speak to the boy. What the hell is she in a hurry for? She looked like her father just died or something... Brad didn't know everything, but he had his own ideas. Goddamn it...

Brad turned to look at Troy again, motioning over to the door. He was starting to get a bad feeling in his stomach, a feeling that he only got when he knew that he was getting into some deep shit if he went on. Brad persevered, and took a deep breath. "Hey, Troy. What was all of that for?" he asked his friend, his voice mixed with confusion and interest. Goddamn it... he repeated in his mind. I REALLY HAVE A BAD FEELING about all of this... Maybe I should stop while I'm ahead... no... I'm going to press my luck. "I know it's not like me to jump to conclusions this quick into the game, but... I bet you anything Kara had something to do with it. Something involving what happened between me and her. What do you think?"

~~~~~~~~~

Nutbrown nodded towards Kara for a minute. "'Sup?" He turned his back over to Gabe. "Yeah... I've seen her around Southridge a couple of times. Can't say I particularly KNOW her though. I've heard OF her, though. She's the captain of the cheerleaders, right?" Wow... from the door, I really thought that Kara looked alot like Evelyn... Jesus. I guess I still am pissed at her. Man, she's been fucking annoying as of late... Steve seemed to run on, right past him, with some other girl. Heh... Nutbrown gleamed. Man, is Serenity going to explode when she finds out that her boyfriend's rebounding behind her back.

Nutbrown was full aware that he pissed Steve off. To be truthfull, Steve got on Nutbrown's nerves a bit too. He's so high-and-mighty. Spoiled little prep kid. Those kinds of punks really piss me off. Maybe that was why he ran off all of a sudden, but Nutbrown wasn't going to bet on that. He turned down at Gabe, his grin still shown on his face. "Hey, man... Where's STEEEVE going?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama”