Melancholy

Not all of Highland Beach is sunshine and palm trees. Some people simply don't have the means to make it financially. Those people usually live in Clifton Court, an older neighborhood that hasn't been renovated since Village Harbor was constructed. The neighborhood has been deteriorating for years and many houses are in a state of disrepair. The people living here are either too poor, too set in their ways, or too strung out to care.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Well... I know a little about injuries I guess, when I played football I saw a few, that for sure... I've probably get a better idea about it than she does I guess. Simon, after coming to a quick conclusion, nodded assent.
"Alright, I'll have a peek, just don't blame me if your foot falls off okay?" Simon added a wink for good measure, shifting in his seat and moving across on to the couch, taking care not to sit on Madison's feet - that would certainly not go down well.

Fortunately, there was just enough room to get comfortable, although he had to lift up her legs a little, so they could be laid across his lap, which would allow him to take a better look. Simon examined the ankle area for a little while, then looked across.
"It looks like a sprain - considering the trouble you had walking, but I doubt it's too bad... if I remember rightly, we should but some pressure on it - compression, I think, helps the injury heal," Simon was by no means an expert on this particular subject, but he had a little more knowledge than most. He hoped he hadn't screwed up this call completely...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

The wink that she received from Simon made her giggle slightly as he sat down at the edge of the couch. She tried her best to lift her legs upward, so they sat down onto Simon's lap, although doing this caused Madison a small amount of pain. She could easily ignore it, but the pain was there nonetheless. Simon conformed her fears although in a slightly doubtful way, causing her to frown, So I was right... I did sprain it. What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I go walking all alone at night? I should have known something like this would have happened...

"Well... your thoughts are much better than mine," she replied, shifting her own weight. "If you think putting pressure on it will help it heal, then I'm perfectly fine with that. Even if there alot of pain that comes with it, I'll still go with it." Madison shot Simon another one of her soft smiles, although this one was alot more forced and much less natural than the other ones she showed him. I really hope Simon knows what he's doing... I really shouldn't doubt him, though. Even if he was an idiot, I'd still listen to him. He's all I've got now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Okay just sit tight for a little while, and I'll go get a bandage. I think you should take that ice off for a while too. Trust me - it won't be good for your leg if you leave it on too long," Simon eased Madison's legs up, so as too avoid hurting her, and went through to the other room again, searching for the first aid kit he kept in a cupboard. It was a little basic, but Simon knew he could find a bandage in it at least.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"You think that it might not be good to leave the bag on for too long? Well... I guess I have no right to think you're lying." she giggled softly for no actual reason that she could recall. She reached her hand outwards, taking ahold of the bag currently on her leg. Madison looked as if the icepack was actually giving her discomfort as she took it off her ankle, letting out a huge sigh of relief. As the feeling in her whole lower part of her leg began to return to her, she shifted upwards, propping her own back against one side of the couch. Hmm... it still hurts, but I think it's beginning to get better. Heh... I guess Simon does know what he's doing. I was beginning to get worried, too.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Yeah that's what I seem to remember, but you should put it back on in a little while," Simon managed to extricate the first aid kit from the cupboard and rummaged through it for a moment or two before pulling out the bandage that he needed. He went back into the room and gingerly began wrapping it around the injured ankle. Unfortunately, it would have to be pretty tight to have any effect, Simon hoped it wouldn't hurt her....

You're way out of your depth boy scout...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison leaned over the side of the sofa, trying to catch a glimpse of where Simon was at. Soon, he reentered the room, and Madison let her whole body relax. Ahh! There he is! She smiled, watching the boy wrapping it around her leg. Wait... now, I might not be an expert on first aid, but I'm... sure it's not supposed to be that loose.. Madison merely shrugged this thought to the back of her mind, trying her best not to make any sounds. Besides, Simon should know what to do in this situation, so why question him? Hehe... he certainly wants to take good care of me. She giggled softly, although she really hadn't a clue why she did that. She couldn't explain it, but she was giggling a hell of alot, something that she hadn't done in the longest time. Why am I acting like this? The only other time I acted like this was... no... what if... No.... N-No way...
Namira

Post by Namira »

Simon smiled apologetically as Madison giggled - most likely due to his clumsy ministrations.
"Sorry," he said. "I'm not particularly good at this... I'm just kinda playing it by ear... hopefully I won't snap your ankle by mistake or something," Simon smiled as he spoke the last comment, making clear that he was kidding.

Wow... this might be a record length of time that you've been home and not gone straight to the computer... huh, hopefully Keith followed through on that plan to go out and won't get annoyed that I'm not online. Heck! What am I thinking? Of course he won't care... this is real life, not orcs and elves and swords and shit like that...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison shook her head as if she wasn't criticizing Simon at all (which, in actuality, was very true). "No no! Don't worry! It's not like you've seen many sprain ankles to begin with anyway!" She gave him a friendly smile, holding all of the signs people normally have when they feel even the sharpest pain. Deep down inside, Madison knew exactly why Simon did this. It's pretty obvious that the only reason he's not tying it so tight is because he doesn't want to end up hurting me. I could see that from a mile away. That's... sweet, I guess. She felt like giggling for absolutely no reason again, but she made a conscious effort not to make any sounds whatsoever (or, in the very least, until Simon was done tying her ankle up). Madison began to study Simon's head for a minute, trying her best to be nonchalant about her glances. I think he's... kind of cute, in a scruffy way. He isn't the best looking guy around these here parts, but I have no right to complain about him anyway. After all, he's gone through all this trouble to help a girl who he barely even knows. That's worth some sort of merit, at least...

Madison's cheeks became slightly flushed, although she wouldn't have ever known this to be true. Her eyes began to dart between Simon's hands with the bandage in his hands, to the rest of his body. I don't think looks are everything... I mean, I went out with Jeremy and all... Then again Jeremy DID turn out to be a little rat who viewed me as some sort of sex toy than a human being but... Simon doesn't seem like Jeremy at all. Jeremy cared about himself and no one else, and here's Simon trying his best to patch up a wound for a girl he's only met once before. God... why didn't I meet Simon first instead of Jeremy? That would have been wonderful. He could have treated me like an actual person... Madison imagine Simon being put in all of the pictures of Jeremy and her, and he seemed to fit perfectly in there. Right then and there, Madison wanted to leap from the couch and tackle Simon, but she knew that she shouldn't. She couldn't ever, EVER do that. If... if I really want Simon to like me.. I'd have to get to know him first. See what he likes to do, spend time with him. If I just tackle him now, he'll think I'm some kind of.... some kind of slut or something. I don't want him thinking that! Simon's too nice of a guy. I don't want to lose him so quickly after meeting him. Madison sighed, turning her head away for a moment. And... there's also the possibility that he might not like me back. I don't want to make a complete fool of myself for chasing a guy who I thought was cute... who thought I was ugly...

Madison tried her best to keep her smile planted on her face. I don't want to jump into a relationship. I don't want to make the same mistake twice...
Namira

Post by Namira »

Simon finished off the makeshift first aid in short order, though nnow he came to look at it he had to admit that the binding was looking a little loose. Still... he was sure that it would have some benefit, even if it wasn't quite up to snuff. It wasn't like Simon was planning on taking up a career in medicine or anything. He looked across at her and immediately regretted it. He saw her slight smile and flushed, quickly turning away hopefully before she managed to actually see.

Hopefully... what's wrong with you? One girl and you're acting like a little kid... But maybe... no... but how could I know? it's not like I have any experience...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison noticed Simon's face becoming flushed all of a sudden, which actually made Madison want to giggle (if she hadn't been holding it all back at the time). It was... cute how he acted. Kind, selfless, generous. These were the characteristics of people that Madison always seemed to like, and tried to emulate. Her blushed slightly as well, not for a second even knowing it. Heh... He's trying not to look at me with his face like that. Hehe... She shifted slightly, trying to lift her leg back up. The bandage itself was tight enough to stick to her ankle, but that was it. Madison wasn't even considering complaining though. Simon had gone through the trouble of actually tying her whole leg up, so it wasn't that bad. Hehe... I like how he was just looking at me... I hope he didn't notice me staring at him like I was... god... I hope I didn't just screw all of this up...
Namira

Post by Namira »

"That feel okay?" Simon asked anxiously -it didn't look quite right, so there was a possibility he could have screwed up... again. Well, at least, that was the way he deemed it. Once again, he wondered how he'd managed to get into this situation, Madison trusted him readily, so either she was naive (which, to an extent, was true by his reckoning) or he was the kind of the person that it was easy to trust.

That's... not that bad a thought actually...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

The answer to the question Simon posed to Madison was one that she really didn't know how to answer. Well... it feels perfectly alright, but... then again, it is a little loose. Madison looked down at the wrap on her leg, then back up at Simon. "Yeah.. it feels perfectly alright on it's own.... now that I think about it," the girl sighed softly, frowning. Madison was beginning to become worried. The wound she's been inflicted with was getting better, but the progress wasn't nearly fast enough. There'd be no chance that it would heal up by the morning. "If my leg doesn't get any better by tomorrow, then how am I supposed to get around school? Southridge is pretty big, so I think I'd have some trouble... I'd have to skip school and miss a day of class, then my mom will be wondering where I am, since she... she..." Madison was starting to get anxious. She always got that way when something wrong was happening. Something that she knew that she could have prevented otherwise. It was a habit that her mother afflicted upon her, one that she hadn't got the hang over. No... no no no...
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Ssh," Simon told Madison softly as she begun to wind herself up. Things could get sorted out, that tended to be Simon's outlook. No matter the situation, there was always a resolution.
"Don't worry about that now Madison. If it's that bad, then I'm sure nobody will be adverse to you not going to school for one day, some sportsmen get injuries and go out for months, nobody grudges them it. I suppose that if you can't go to school, I can stick around too, make sure you're alright. I'm sure you can let your mom know what's up. But... don't think about tomorrow, think about today and take things one step at a time. I guess that's how I think about stuff... I try not to let the past hold me back and don't let the future give me pause. It's not perfect, but it works..."

That's one hell of a life's philosphy, try applying that to most everyday situations. You don't look behind you in a game of football and you might miss a pass or a man coming along, you don't look in front, and you're not going to see the ideal opportunity or the man in your way... not perfect, but it can work I guess...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison listened to Simon, her violent shaking slowly beginning to decrease little by little. She took a long, thought out moment to think about what he was saying, her head nodding as if to have a response when none was needed. Finally she calmed down completely, her lips forming a soft smile, one that the boy would have instantly remembered as the one she had on not a moment ago. "I... guess that's a way to look at it," she said, as calmly and mellow as possible. "I mean... I guess I shouldn't be worrying about... tomorrow. Besides, who's going to cause a big uproar about a girl like me not being at school for one day?" Her whole body relaxed on the sofa again. "...Thanks Simon... that really helped me... I'm feeling alot better now..." Madison stared at him again, not completely aware of doing so. Hee... I guess I was right about him. He does know the right things to make me feel better. I think... I should stick with him, for as long as I can.
Namira

Post by Namira »

The corner of Simon's mouth twitched up a little into a small smile, pretty much just replying to Madison's own. He was glad to see she'd calmed down so quickly, it had looked as if she was working herself up into a fit. Simon, it seemed, had said just the right thing, and for that he was happy, it wouldn't exactly be good if she broke down whilst in his appartment.

"Well," Simon said awkwardly. "I guess I was just saying what I think," that was true, Simon didn't actively try and get the right words to reassure her, they just came, and he spoke them... Simon, feeling a little clumsy, covered his unease with a wink. "Well I can name one person who would be disappointed if he didn't see you in school,"

Now that. Was corny.

Return to “Clifton Court”