Live for him

Andi's Ambition

This mansion, once home to the island's mayor, was burnt to the ground in a mysterious fire that occurred right before the evacuation. Now, nothing lies in the area except for scorched earth and the very basic foundations of the once colossal abode.
Xaldien†

Live for him

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi still couldn't believe that this is where he ended up.
Hell, he still can't remember how he ended up here in the first place.

***flashback***
"Hey, dad, you need anything from the store tomorrow?"
"Nah, it's all right, I think it's time I started doing things on my own."
Andi looked at his dad, and nodded.
"So, Siouxsie, you want to crash here, or are you heading home?"
"I think it'll be okay if I take up your guys' guest room."

Siouxsie and Andi started making their way upstairs.
"So, son, Walter Mercado (Spanish Astrologer) said that for tomorrow, Taurus is going to be thrown in a complete different direction in life."
Andi sighed.
"Dad, you need to stop believing what that man says, he speaks to stars, for God's sake."
"Good night, son."
Andi nodded, and then had the sudden urge to say it.
"Hey, dad."
"Yeah?"
"Love ya."
His dad raised an eyebrow.
"What was that for?"
"I dunno... felt like I needed to say it."

He walked upstairs.
The following night, he slept peacefully, not knowing that it may be the last peaceful sleep he's going to have in a while.
The morning after, he woke up in time to go to school, but when he went downstairs, he saw Siouxsie cooking. She said she was going to stay and make something for Daniel, since she didn't feel like going to class anyway. He told her to make sure dad be kept right at home.

He headed for class.

***present***
The sickle in his hands felt odd. He was so used to the knife that his father gave him. But he couldn't find it anywhere.
"I probably left it at home..."
He sat in the mansion ruins, looking around.
"Dad... you're not going to live without me... because I'm not dying here..."
He stopped his brief crying, and made a promise to himself.
I will live for him. I will live for my dad.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

I'm... tired...
Andi went around the mansion, in a daze, looking for a bed or something comfortable to rest on.
He finally found a bed on the second floor, and fell down.
He got up, deciding to see if praying would make him feel better, like his dad always said it would.
"Vater unser, Der Du bist im Himmel,
Geheiligt werde Dein Name, Dein Reich komme, Dein Wille geschehe, Wie im Himmel, So auch auf Erden..."

***flashback***
"What the hell are you speaking?"
Daniel walked in on his son making the prayer.
"It's an Our Father. In German."
"I don't get why you're taking that class, you already know spanish, just take that class, and it's an easy A."
"Excuse me, old man, but I happen to like German."
"Alright, fine, be that way... I have such an odd son."
He said this with a laugh, and Andi looked at his dad.
"Sheißkopf!"
"Pendejo!"
"Good night, dad."
"Good night, son."

***present***

"Unser tägliches Brot gib uns heute, Und vergib uns unsere Schuld, Wie auch wir,
Vergeben unser'n Schuldigern, Und führe uns nicht in Versuchung, Sondern erlöse uns von dem Bösen, Denn Dein ist das Reich, Und die Kraft und die Herrlichkeit In Ewigkeit..."

***meanwhile***
Siouxsie has been in a state of sadness once she found out where Andi was...
Daniel has been in his room, crying and praying over his son.
"Andi... you jackass, always one who could never be late for class, huh?"
She's been crying as well, and it shows with her make up running all over her face.
Upstairs, Daniel is crying after reciting several Padre Nuestros (Our Fathers) and wishing for his son's return.

Siouxsie made her way upstairs.
"Siouxsie... do you think we'll ever see him again?"
She looked at Daniel, and kept from crying again.
"You're everything to him... for you, he'd kill God himself. He'd take on heaven, hell, and everything in between for you."
He began laughing.
"He's going to be put through hell..."

Siouxsie went up to Daniel, and hugged him, and the two began crying.
They both had a feeling that they would, most likely, never see him again.

I will take care of him, in your place... Andi...

***back to Andi***

"Vater unser,
Der Du bist im Himmel,
Geheiligt werde Dein Name,
Dein Reich komme,
Dein Wille geschehe,
Wie im Himmel
So auch auf Erden.
Amen."

With the final part of the prayer said, Andi fell asleep on the bed.
A brief bit of hope was brought to him, as he thought of his father, and his best friend, Siouxsie.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"Hey, dad, what was mom like?"
Daniel was never good at answering this question.
"She was a good woman. Strong, beautiful, powerful... she made a good mother the little bit that she was with us."
"Did she ever say why she left?"
Daniel looked down, in a state of grievance.
"I'd rather... not tell you about that now... I'm sure when you're older, though."
"Dad, you've been telling me that since I was a kid, and I'm reaching legal age. Just tell me."
"Go to bed, it's getting late."
Andi never really asked the question again before.
But, after waking in this place, he felt like he had to ask it again.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((Picked up from International Incident))

When Vesa approached the ruins, he made sure to stop and take out the diving knife he was issued...it wasn't that he was afraid of anyone but more out of sheer instinct.  He knew he was in a new, strange place...seemingly out of place at that...and that he knew that there was bound to be bloodshed soon.  He could feel it in him as he clutched the knife even tighter in his left hand, peering around every tree, every corner he could find in case there was someone waiting to ambush him.  A surprised and somewhat relieved feeling came over him as he was able to make it to the door without encountering any hostility as Vesa slowly opened the door and peered in.

"Hello?" he called out, clutching the knife, "Kuka tahansa tähän?" (Anyone in here?)  No answer.  "Is there anyone in here?  I mean no harm..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((I'm just going to point this out now.  Considering that the description of this forum says that the mansion is a shell and was burned down prior to the island's evacuation by a fire, I'm not quite understanding how it has a door and a bedroom and a bed in it.  Sorry to step in, but if I don't, it's going to bother me.  Generally when something burns to the ground, that means there's not much left other than the basic foundations of the building.  ;) ))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((Mrrrf...then again, some things might be left in tact...like said door.  As to what you see may not be much, but what the hell...I'll go with what I can.  Now...let's return to Survival of the Fittest V2...))

"Hello?" Vesa called out again before he heard a sound that resembled an explosion.  "Damn it, they've already begun," he thought as he raced through the ruins, kicking over the charred remnants of what were probably luxurious walls that held pictures and reminders of the inhabitants' successes and tastes.  He knew that if there was anyone he could help...or kill...he would have to find them and find them quickly.  He threw aside a pile of debris which led him into what appeared to be a bedroom.  Taking the time to survey the room...or what was left of it...he came across the other boy laying there and stood back, not knowing whether he was a potential ally or a threat that had to be dealt with.

Vesa took one step back and held his knife close to him; he had made up his mind that the only way he would survive is to trust his instincts and to kill anyone that gave him a bad vibe.  "Hello?  Aari te hyvä?" (Are you okay?)  He then kicked a piece of the rubble..."how silly," he thought.  "This boy doesn't know an ounce of Finnish..."  It was another instinctive maneuver that Vesa took...he was more comfortable speaking his native language in stressful situations as he looked over the boy and spoke again, this time with a bit more desperation in his voice.  "C'mon, get up!  We gotta get out of here!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

((Okay, so, it's a very CRISPY bed...))

Andi woke up.
To the sound of a voice calling out.
"Wait, what?"

The voice wasn't as far as he originally thought it was, but he was too tired to really get what was going on.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

Vesa stood there as Andi finally began to show signs of life, looking out over the horizon.  He knew that if he could befriend someone he didn't quite know offhand, then he'd be better off until he could find his friends from Franklyn.

"We've got to get going," he said again, "They've already begun hunting each other...and I have a feeling that if we don't get help, we're not gonna make it."  He showed Andi the knife he had and put it up to his chest, ready to strike if he showed signs of hostility.  "Do you want to live or not?"
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi heard the kids words, but didn't even flinch at the site of the blade.
He looked up, closed his eyes, yawned, and proceeded to stay rested.
"You can do whatever the hell you want. If any asshole gets in here, I can take care of myself."

He quickly grabbed the boy's wrist, and moved the knife away from him, and slowly got up off of the bed. Stretching and yawning. He then turned to the kid again.

"You can stick with me here. Strength in numbers. But I warn you, stick that thing near me again, I'll break your arm in three places, before smashing your face into the fucking cement."

CLEARLY, Andi was not in the best of moods.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

Vesa's eyes widened when his wrist was suddenly grabbed and he had the knife moved; he had no ill intentions for Andi, but he could clearly tell that he wasn't in a good mood as he took a couple steps back.

"Okay, okay," he said, reaching around to unzip the pack and put the knife away before sitting down on it.  At least it provided a somewhat comfortable seat in a pinch.  "I'll stick around with you...and we'll watch each other's backs.  But you got to do something for me...and I'll see what I can do to help you out in return.  Deal?"  He offered his hand, which was quivering a little...he did not know Andi's intentions, especially after he threatened to break his arm.  But his hand was empty as he offered it to him, though he was ready if things took a turn for the worse.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi scoped this kid out for a few seconds before offering his hand for a handshake.
"My name's Andi."

This kid seemed scared almost, but then again, Andi couldn't believe what he had just said to this kid.
If someone had said that to HIM, he'd be scared too.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

A smile started to form on the long-haired boy's face as Andi took his hand and shook it.  "I'm Vesa...nice to meet you, Andi," he said with his distinctive Nordic accent, "and sorry about earlier.  I heard something off in the distance and..."  He stopped and turned out over the vast field that led up to the ruins and sighed...as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was scared and wanting someone to comfort him.  At least one of the needs was met as he turned back.  "...to be honest, I've never been so scared in my life.  I think I may have an idea as to what's going on..."

He then leaned against one of the walls, or what was left of a wall, lucky that it didn't collapse and send him tumbling.  "So where did you come from?  I was spending the year at Franklyn before moving on to another place..."
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"I was attending school at Hobbs. With my friend Siouxsie, and another named..."

Andi didn't want to think of whether or not HE was on this island.
"Peter..."

He was trying not to think of the people who he went to school with. He knew that quite a few of them would be here. An image of him being alone in a classroom, filled with bloodstained bodies at the desks, and there's blood on his hands...
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Peter..."

Though he had no idea as to who this person was that Andi mentioned, Vesa couldn't help but to perk up at the utterance of that name.  He too had a friend named Peter...but it was a slightly older boy that he knew back when he was living in Finland.  They went to school together for a while before Peter moved back to his native Ukraine the year before...and despite the difference in locations, they managed to keep in touch with each other.  So that immediately ruled him out, Vesa thought to himself as he glanced back at Andi.

"Peter..." he repeated softly, "I knew a couple kids by that name...one I lived with in my native country before he moved away.  And the other..."  He gulped audibly, then slid down the wall until he was seated on the floor...surely he can't be talking about the same kid.  "The other...went to Hobbs too...they were supposed to send me there but instead I ended up at Franklyn.  I was talking to him online for a few months before the world championships in Vancouver...though I didn't see him on as much when I got here.  I...I don't think I know much off the top of my head...though he sent me a picture and if he was here, I could definitely pick him out of a crowd."

Vesa slowly stood up as he could hear more sounds off in the distance, staring at the vast wheat field that was off in the distance.  "C'mon, Andi...I'll tell you about him as we go...I never could stand being idle for a long time."
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi gave a brief chuckle, before speaking, not necessarily looking at the new guy.
"We're probably talking about the same Peter. Rosenthol, I believe his last name was."

He moved over to Vesa, then proceeded to sit on the floor.
"He's a special someone. And I really hope he's not here... because that means bad things might happen to him, and I couldn't stand it if that happened."

How sentimental.

"I could kill for a cigarette... bad choice of words, but still."

Return to “Mansion Ruins”