Between The End and Where We Lie

Being a coastal town, a long strip of beach occupies Highland Beach's western shoreline. Lifeguard towers are set up at various locations to keep the oceans safe for all to swim in. The terrain varies by location, ranging from miles and miles of flat sand to jagged rock formations. There's a boardwalk along parts of the beach with many tourist shops. After all, how else would they rake in the cash?
Ares

Between The End and Where We Lie

Post by Ares »

(continued from Stew's 22..)

The Ford Lightning cruised down one of the last streets. This beach (one of the three that Highland Beach had) was in close proximity to the suburb where Kara lived. Steve pulled the truck into the empty parking lot that over looked the part of the beach with the best view.

"Hmm, I'm actually surprised no one else is here. The rain stopped, and that sunset really is something else," Steve paused for a second and smiled shaking his head, "Yeah, I'll go write myself an acceptance speech for corniest phrase of the year too."

Steve hit the unlock button, and stepped down to the pavement. There was a few picnic tables scattered, but they would still be damp, even though it was a light rain.

"I admit, I usually come to the beaches to get my train of thought. Try to sort out what's going on. The schools that want me to play football, the three I want are good, but I don't want my degree handed to me cause I'm good at football you know? I'm really worried that they won't let me earn it."
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Steve was right about the beach being able to clear thoughts. She hadn't noticed it before but she really felt at ease just walking along, her sandles in her hands and letting the water creep up around her ankles.

Courtney wasn't sure if Steve was always this open to girls... other than his girlfriend of course. That's right, don't forget it either Courtney, he has a girlfriend! He probably doesn't even like you that way... unless.. unless you wanted to try and find out?

"So..." She tried to muster something to say but all she could do was kick up splashes of water with her toes. "... are you always this way with girls? I mean... do you always flirt with other girls when Serenity isn't around.. or am I just the exception?"

Right, because that wasn't harsh sounding at all Courtney.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Answer honestly, she deserves that.

"To be truthful, I do flirt with others, but you know how it is, just playing around. A joke here or there when Gabe's around. Where you really differ, and even I don't understand it is how open I am about my personal matters. Some of the stuff I've told you tonight I haven't told Gabe, and he's my best friend."

The tide coming in a out, brushing against his feet made Steve think about how it wasn't really fair to Gabe that he didn't approach him. Gabe came to Steve anytime there was a problem with Kara, and trusted him

Yet, I can't return the favour..

The sun had nearly finished setting and the moon was beginning to light up the beach. They'd walked for a bit, and finally reached the park. There was a set of two swings, Steve took one and began to sway.

"You ever wish you could go over the top? Be that one kid who could make the 360 around the top bar?"
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Are you kidding me? I barely knew what a swing was before I moved here... I never really went on them back home. I was sorta busy doing other stuff I guess. Besides, though I might be a cheerleader, that doesn't mean I have the balance to stay on the seat. I'd probably fall off and land on my head!"

None the less that didn't stop Courtney from taking the swing next to Steve and sway on it herself. Her feet were coated in sandy pebbles from not drying them completely before making her way to the swings. Steves answer set her off a bit, telling her that she was the only one he really opened up too.

Should I be happy to hear that? Or a little put off... ugh. Why do boys have to be so complicated!

"I wonder where Gabe and Kara are right now... probably still bowling?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Or at least attempting to," Steve said sarcastically, "You saw the amount of people coming in. That Nutbrown guy who was coming in as we were leaving will pester Gabe to no end. Annoying bugger he is."

The swing was relaxing, the fluid motion of kicking ones legs to gain momentum, the bottom-out feeling in the stomach as you descend backwards, it was all awesome.

"So if you weren't on the swings, what other stuff would you do back home?"

A ring from his cell phone interrupted. Steve checked the small screen to see who it was, it was Gabe. Maybe some shit had gone down at the alley?

"Sorry, but I have to take this." Steve said as he made some distance between himself and Courtney on the swings. Steve sat down on a bench and opened the phone.

"Gaber, whatcha need man? I'm at the beach, so make it quick."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Gabe? Oooh shit.

Courtney was beginning to feel a heavy nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach growing bigger and bigger the longer Steve stayed on the phone. Taking in her surroundings, she made it off the swings and followed close to Steve trying to listen to his conversation. It wasn't like Courtney to listen in to someones personal conversation, but considering the situation, being at the beach with someone else's boyfriend... walking barefoot on the sand.... swinging on the swings and sharing personal information.

Courtney wasn't that girl, she wasn't a home wrecker no matter how awful the problems were between Steve and Serenity. Courtney was just a small framed easy going likable girl who moved from France with no friends, she just wanted friends...

Calm down! You're freaking out over nothing... just.. get a hold of yourself woman! You're going to do something you'll regret..

Courtney was so close now to Steve she could have sworn he'd feel her breathe on the back of his neck. She kept going over everything in her head, how she had gotten where she was right now at this moment.. what she could have done to avoid it... and avoid the beating she's most likely going to get tomorrow. She had everything she needed... it was going everything in her mind that caused her not to actually pay attention to what she was doing.

It only took her being careless for a second for Courtney to trip herself and fall onto Steve. In the split second that she held his eye contact Courtney did the unthinkable. Sprouting up onto her tippy toes Courtney kissed Steve on the lips and in the same second that she kissed him she was turned around and running in the opposite direction towards her house. She didn't stop until she knew she couldn't see him anymore. The good thing about being athletic was that she could run far and not feel it till later.

You really did it now.. You're getting your ass handed to you lady..

Courtney reached her cousins house and unlocked the front door locking it again behind her once she got in. Quickly she ran to her room locking also that door and hurled herself onto the bed.

you're in big big trouble lady..
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steve stood dumbstruck by the kiss. His phone slightly away from his ear, all that could be heard in the brief moment between when Courtney pulled away, and when she started running was Gabe's voice going, "Dude? Dude...you still there?"

"Hey! Wai...ah dammit." Courtney was already out of ear shot. Steve sat back down on the bench and ran his free hand through his hair. Gabe's voice suddenly went serious as he said he had to go.

The way he said he made Steve a bit worried. As if he didn't have enough on his plate with a girl he knew he was falling for planting a kiss on him from nowhere then bolting, Gabe's voice sounded like he might be in trouble. It was the voice Steve had heard only once before, and that was when Gabe had made a smart ass comment to a cornerback he'd run over while scoring a touchdown. The cornerback had got some of his buddies and were waiting for Gabe in the parking lot. Needless to say Steve grabbed some of the O-Line and went to help his best friend, but it was an overall losing effort.

"God...fucking...dammit." Steve said as Gabe hung up before Steve could actually find out what happened. He too hung up his phone, threw a glance in the direction Courtney had run off in, then dashed to his truck, and made a beeline back to the bowling alley.

(Continued in Out on the town..)

Return to “The Beach (V3 Pregame)”