Last Days

Morning Day 3, Open

The staff lounge is simply the games room that was already present in the building. The staff recognized that it was well-positioned near the center of the second floor, meaning they could respond quickly to any emergencies, so simply moved more chairs in and had a television installed. The room itself is rather large and one of the tidiest in the building. A set of plush armchairs and a sofa sit in a half-circle in front of the TV, with a coffee table positioned in the middle of them. Also off to one side is a small table with a wooden chess set on it (the pieces knocked over at some point in the past). An old-fashioned radio also sits on a windowsill that overlooks the front of the asylum grounds.
Courtography

Last Days

Post by Courtography »

(Keith Bauer continued from Down the Rabbit Hole)

Keith's mood had deteriorated significantly since they had left the chapel the day before. He hadn't wanted to be alone, sure, but searching for other people's friends wasn't great either. It hadn't been his initial plan. The initial plan with Joshua had been to find a way out, to escape, or get rescued, or however he wanted to think of it. What were Alice and Sandra going to do once they found their friends anyway, wait for death?

Death was coming too. The morning announcement had proven it. Brendan Harte had won that killer prize. Nancy, Isabel, and Kimiko had all killed again. Jasmine hadn't. That feeling of wrongness in his gut came back again. He wasn't sure if he believed it was all Jasmine's fault anymore. She had accused he and Joshua of trying to kill her. She had seemed crazy, but if she assumed everyone was out to get her wouldn't she have killed again? It could have been Joshua's fault.

He looked out the window at the morning sun while his fingers absently twisted the knob on the ancient radio. Part of him wondered how many more times he had to see the sun rise.

Keith hadn't wanted to return to the asylum either, but the biggest building on the island was probably the best place to find others. He wasn't really sure that he wanted them to succeed. What if the people they were looking for were killers? That would be a problem. More importantly, there was that question of what would happen next. Keith didn't want to just wait for death, but looking for their friends seemed like a way to waste time while doing so.

He sighed and looked over his shoulder towards the others.

"Any, shit, any idea where your friends would be at?"

They better have an idea. Random wandering wasn't what he wanted.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Sandra Dyer continued from Down the Rabbit Hole.))

The announcement came again. More people were dead. Some she knew in passing, some whose names barely registered in her brain, and some, like Danny, that she was a bit closer to.

None of them made her feel anything. Other than sick.

Sandra lifted her head from the back of the plush chair she sat in, looking around the room as the announcements ended. She was waiting... for something. She wasn't sure what, but something would have better than nothing.

Maybe someone would come through that door, to keep it interesting. But then, interesting in this situation could just as easily mean fatal, couldn't it?

Keith spoke up.

"I dunno," she said, shrugging. She honestly didn't.

It's not like they could have planned for this. 'Hey, if we ever get kidnapped by terrorists and put on an abandoned island and forced to kill each other, let's meet in the hospital.'

'What if there is no hospital on the island?'

'I dunno then.'

This plan had a lot of holes in it, honestly.
Espi

Post by Espi »

((Alice Baker continued from Down the Rabbit Hole))

It was beginning to feel like Alice was doing laps to and from the asylum and the church, since those were the only places she'd been. Still, the asylum had seemed fairly populated, in a manner of speaking, when she'd last been there. So it was possible her friends would be there.

She felt odd now that she was accompanied. Alice wasn't exactly a loner, but most of her prior interactions had involved anxiety or fear, and a quick departure from the scene shortly afterwards. Keith and Sandra seemed innocuous enough, though.

Plus, it broke the rather grisly routine she'd found herself in. Wander, find people, become frightened, flee or be calmed before leaving, listen nervously to the announcements in preparation for the dreaded words; that Bryony had died.

Because really, of all her acquaintances, Bree was the priority, her closest companion, the one person who she knew well enough that she wanted to protect. They'd been friends since childhood, and if Alice was going to find a friend to be with, she'd want it to be Bryony. Of course, actually protecting Bryony would be basically impossible. What tools did she have besides her physical body, weak as it was? She'd left the pieces of bunting in the church, after all? But her companionship would hopefully be enough.

Standing around in an abandoned asylum with no plans was discouraging though. Alice simply said nothing, pondering, while the other two spoke.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Keith's fingers tightened around the crappy radio. The lone response was pathetic. Sure, it's not like most people would have come in with an idea of what to do if they were abducted for SOTF, but most people had an idea of what their friends were like. Like hey, if your friends found hospitals creepy, they probably wouldn't hang out at the asylum. Or if they were constantly afraid of people, they would hide out in the basement, because who would bother looking in that flooded mess? Edgy atheists probably would avoid the chapel like the plague.

Keith was surprised they didn't have any idea. Shit, Alice didn't even bother to respond. They were probably on a pointless quest, but to make sure, he had another question.

He exhaled loudly.

"So what's the plan here? Shit, like, how does this help? Or are we just wandering around until Nancy chops off our heads?"

He knew that expressing his frustration so obviously probably wouldn't get the best answers, but fuckin' shit, unless they knew their friends could get them off the island, he was probably spinning his wheels with this plan.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Lizzie Luz continued from We're Here Because We're Here)

The announcements awoke Lizzie.  She listened to the names, felt a moment's burning in her eyes at the ones she recognized as she curled in on herself in the little nest she'd made for herself.  Oh, Sabrina.  So little, so delicate, with her crazy fucking parents and the love of women she had to keep close to her chest, because she knew what the family what their crazy-ass family would say, what kind of stupid fucking fights it would start.  And now Nancy fucking Kyle had killed her, too?

There was no laugh on Lizzie's lips anymore.  Lettie, Tina, and Sabrina, all gone.  All killed.  And there was no sign of Tyler, no matter where she looked.  

She had tried, all the previous day.  She traced her way along the outskirts of buildings: she wandered across the wild lawns and the clifftops, searching for any sign of him.  She couldn't find him anywhere.

The hours stretched on, and Lizzie wasn't searching with the same intensity.  She kept moving, because she didn't know what else to do.  Later in the day, she slipped off her and stuck her bare feet in the ocean.  She'd always loved the ocean: it was just so big.  She considered stripping down and plunging into that cold water, swimming as far as she could, but...

But that was just a form of suicide, wasn't it?  And she didn't want to kill herself.  She wanted to find Tyler.  She wanted to make sense of all this, while she could.  If she could.

Lettie Tina Sabrina

When night had drawn a curtain across the island, she had found herself a place to sleep.  But it felt too exposed, so she had shoved the couch back against the table, making herself a little lea where no one could see her if they looked into the room.  She was still curled there now, thinking of Tina, of Sabrina, of Lettie, and of Nancy fucking Kyle.

She wanted to kill Nancy.

The thought surprised her so much that she sat upright at once, her mouth slightly open.  She wanted to kill her.  She wanted to wrap her hands around her neck and watch the life drain from her eyes.  She wanted to cut into her flesh and see her bleed.  She wanted-

She didn't want this.  She shouldn't want this.  But she...that fucker had...!

The door opened.  Lizzie froze, more in guilt than fear, as though somehow the people entering the room could have heard her awful thoughts, and seen the terrible things she was imagining.  She listened to their voices.  She hesitated, but...

But this was a new day, and she had too many thoughts in her head.  She wanted to talk to someone.  She needed to.  And she might not have found the courage, except...

Except one of the voices named Nancy, with a note of rage, frustration, and fear in his voice.

"Uh, hey!" she called, from behind her couch fort.  "It's, uh...Lizzie!  Lizzie Luz!  I'm not, uh..."

Shit.  Should she say she wasn't armed?  There were a lot more killers on the island now.  

"I'm not playing!" she called.  "Looking for Tyler Yazzie!  And...and maybe...

Maybe I'll find Nancy Kyle and pry her eyes from her fucking sockets.

"Uh..." she said, in a trembling voice, afraid of this fire in her belly.  "What...what about you?"
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Sandra had expected that, if someone did show themselves, it would be through the door.

Standard expectations.

Instead, someone had shown themselves, but it was not what she'd expected at all.

So when the voice of Lizzie Luz suddenly broke the dead air of the empty room, it took Sandra all of her willpower not to shout out. She turned toward the source of the voice, coming from behind one of the couches.

She said she wasn't playing, and she said she was looking for someone.

Join the club, she thought. But instead, she stood up, and took a few steps back from the couch, the pot lid in hand.

She looked uneasily at Keith, then at Alice, then to the couch.

"We're also looking for people."
Espi

Post by Espi »

Alice was all too aware that silence and insecurity didn't get much done, but she didn't know what else to do. She was scared, of course, but it was more than the circumstances; she was always quiet and nervous. So standing around uselessly was almost second nature to her in this sort of situation.

Keith started what could've been a tirade, an angry note on her inability to contribute. Cowed, Alice didn't move to respond until after a voice called out. A 'Lizzie Luz' to be exact, a name Alice wasn't familiar with. Searching for Tyler Yazzie, a name she was also only tentatively knowledgeable of.

Still, she didn't seem hostile, or at least she said she wasn't. Alice wasn't sure what one's word was worth here, but it was better than nothing. If Lizzie thought she could attack a group of three, the element of surprise didn't mean much difference. So Alice was willing to go with it for the time being.

"Uh-huh. It's Alice, Sandra and Keith. We're ah, also not...playing?" She turned to face Lizzie's presumed location. "I mean, we don't want to hurt you, or anyone, really..." Alice's voice trailed off, and she found herself focused on her feet again.

Once more, she took comfort in silence and insecurity.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Well now he felt like a damn idiot. Apparently he needed to search every room he entered to make sure no one was lurking around. If Nancy or Isabel had been the one hiding in the room it could have been way worse for all of them.

He had heard the term playing in reference to SOTF before, but he had to wonder where it came from. If he survived this he'd have to look it up.

"Jesus, shit, you scared me," Keith responded as he turned around to face the room.

Alice and Sandra had done a decent job of describing their goals prior to his comments. They both appeared to have decided to ignore them. Even though Lizzie's appearance demanded some attention that annoyed him. He had legitimate criticisms of their plan, especially since escaping the island should have been their top priority. He kept wandering away from that plan and needed to better focus on it.

Too bad he had no idea how it could be done.

"Haven't seen him. Sorry," he added. Keith thought it best to be straightforward about things. She hadn't asked if they'd seen Ty, but she probably wanted to know. Even if he didn't care really, it's not like he knew Tyler well at all.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"Sorry, yeah," Lizzie said, poking her head out from behind the couch. "I was just asleep, and...I just..."

Stumbling all over herself, because all she could imagine was her hands on Nancy, tearing that bitch apart, because it was better than imagining what she had done to Sabrina and Lettie.

"One of you said her name," Lizzie said. "Nancy. You, uh...you seen her?"

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

"Nancy?" Sandra said instinctively, before turning to Keith.

He was the one who made the comment pertaining to Nancy. From what he'd told her and Alice, he didn't actually run into Nancy.

But she couldn't be sure about that. Maybe he'd forgotten. Hey, it happens sometimes. So Sandra kept her mouth shut.

"Hey, who have you run into? Maybe you ran into someone we're looking for," she offered.

It hadn't worked with Keith or Alice, but maybe...

Maybe third time was the charm.
Espi

Post by Espi »

"Why?"

It came out surprisingly aggressively, a demand for information. Alice paused, and lowered her head. "Sorry, but...why Nancy?"

Alice looked between Keith and Sandra. Keith had seen another boy be murdered. She wasn't sure of the context, though, but he didn't give any reason to be suspicious. Lizzie and Sandra's positions were even more ambiguous, but since none had appeared on the announcements, she felt safe in the assumption they were all basically good people. At least, good enough to not be murderers.

Nancy, though..."She's killed, uh, three people now? I don't know for sure, but I don't think she's...safe to be around. The announcer said something about an axe, too."

Alice brushed an errant strand of hair from her face. "Why are you looking for her?" There was a sneaking suspicion of Alice's, but she wasn't sure she wanted to announce it. Still, it was important that such a thing be brought up. Lizzie was probably reasonably smart. She surely didn't think Nancy was friendly. Either she wanted to talk Nancy out of killing, ride her coattails to survival, or...

She bit her lip and clasped her hands nervously.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Neither of the girls were willing to answer the question about Nancy. He didn't get it. If Lizzie wanted to chase after a murderer that was her own choice. Not that Keith would be of much help to her. Despite his comment, he hadn't seen Nancy. Good thing too, he had enough problems without having to deal with her.

"Sorry, haven't seen her," he adjusted his glasses, "just a convenient example."

That's all it had been, Keith could have easily picked Isabel or Kimiko for examples. Nancy just came to mind first. He really wished they were focusing on goals that could prolong their lives, but if everyone else wanted to ask have you seen so and so then fine, he could deal with it.

He was a little curious though. What could Lizzie want with her?

He gestured at Alice.

"But yeah, why?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Yeah, Lizzie. Answer the question. Why? Are you really planning to kill her? Do you think you can?

"Lettie," she said. "And...and Sabrina. I..." There was a hitch in her voice. She closed her eyes against the sudden burning of tears and sank against the wall. She drew a trembling breath, fighting off another smothering wave of grief. It surged upon her all at once, and she almost reflexively wanted to picture the stupid woman in her hands, wanted to imagine fists falling and smashing her face to ruin to leave a trail of blood and...and...!

"She can't get away with it, can she? She...she can't."

She took another breath and stood up, wiping her face. "Sorry," she said. "Who are you looking for?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

((Ty Yazzie Continued From In A World Of Shit))

That voice.

Couldn't remember if he slept. Probably didn't. Sleep weren't safe. Never safe. Beans could nab him.

No. Beans wasn't here. Nobody was here. He was alone.

Not alone. There was voice. Lotsa voices, but one caught him by the ear. Somethin' important about it. Different for some reason.

Gotta see. Gotta stumble up into the doorway, dirty and haggard and looking like hell, and figure out why it was calling to him.

Eyes wanted to dart right quick to figure it out, but they could only laze across the room until he caught sight of Lizzie.

"Motherfucker..." Low, rumbled, slurred, hardly even English. A familiar face, but not the kind he'd been hoping for. Didn't know what he was hoping for. Hope weren't much use here so far. Just turned to shit.

That's why he was alone. Shoulda stayed that way.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Before Sandra could even open her mouth again, someone else showed themselves. Tyler Yazzie. Sandra didn't know too much about him, other than that he was a wrestler.

Sandra opened her mouth to speak again, but couldn't. She looked at the new arrival. Stared at him. She didn't know what to do here.

Her eyes went back to Lizzie. To Lizzie's question. She thought for a few seconds.

They were all looking for different people. That was a fact. Naming everyone would take too long. They didn't have time for that.

"Bryony. Bryony Adams," Sandra finally said, "That's one. One of many. Too many."

Return to “Staff Lounge”