Hiding in the Barn

Gregory Moyer in the shadow(Open to all)

A large mountain range covers the far northern portion of the island, although most of the range is too dangerous to traverse. A small and secluded ranch has been built into the lower portion of the mountains, and the old ranch house, horse stables, and antiquated barn all beg for a fresh coat of red.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan held her firmly as she struggled, but she managed to pull her head away from his open hand, and he was worried she would scream, giving away their position to whoever was inside the barn. As quickly as she'd started resisting, however, she stopped abruptly. Bryan didn't know what to make of it, that is until she spoke.

She whispered his name softly, and he knew it had to be her. Bryan released his grip immediately. She hugged him suddenly, fiercly, pressing her small frame against his, and he was caught off guard. He stood there for a second, dumbfounded, his arms still slightly outstretched; he couldn't believe it. The one person on this island he wanted to find, to protect, and he'd found her, and she was unharmed. Lucky.

She released him before he had a chance to return her embrace, and told him she was worried about him. 'Worried about me?' he thought, furrowing his brow. 'Well you don't need to worry anymore.'

As good as it was to find her, being the only person worth saving in his eyes, there were pressing issues at hand. "Shh!" he whispered, covering his lips with one finger. He gestured quickly by tilting his head at the barn. He was really unsure of what to do now. He wanted to get the drop on the occupants of the barn, but he didn't want to drag Tori into any danger.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Tori knodded at his gesture to keep quiet, though alittle upset that he hadn't returned her hug. She stepped to the right of him so that she was now better covered by some of the srubs around.

Wow! When people tell you that when you're lost, head north and you'll get to where you're going, they aren't lying! she thought to herself.

Hi, how've you been? Whatcha been up to? Want to get something to eat? Usual conversation starters that she was once used to didn't seem to fit in here. Instead, Tori looked straight into his eyes, as best she could and held lightly onto Bryan's elbow. This was mostly because she needed something to support herself on, after the scare she had, and realizing she was now with the person she had been trying to find all along, her knees were shaking.

"We need to get out of here." She said urgently.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan nodded. He wasn't surprised by her response, and his desire to get her somewhere safe outweighed that to take another life. It was awkward enough the first time. It was strange how quickly his objective altered, the second she'd said his name.

"Alright," he replied, glancing back once more at the barn to make sure they hadn't been heard by those within. He grabbed the shotgun dangling off of his shoulder and hesitated, unsure of which way to go. It wasn't far to get back to the village, but it was probably crawling with students by now. He recalled seeing a lighthouse marked on the map a while back, having given it a quick read en route to the northern ranch. There was a good chance someone else had snagged that spot, too. However, underneath the lighthouse was marked 'caves'; maybe that was worth a shot. Bryan nodded at Tori and hoped that west truly was best.

((continued in Well...Isn't This Fucking Great?!))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
narfinkool†

Post by narfinkool† »

Stacy said in a rash of discomfort. "Please do not go!" She looked around the room in a form of panic, as she moved to help him up. "I need someone here to keep me company, I do believe you had nothing to do for what just happened." She got down on her knees and begged "please do not leave" She attempted to grab his bag at a form of saying do not go.

Stacy soon began to cry, her fake tears began to run down her cheek. Stacy had learned how to cry by the time she was eight. Stacy soon began covering her face. She soon lifted her face as the fake tears ran down her face. "I know you had nothing to do with it" she approached the man. "Please!" as she moved towards him and placed her hand onto his. We can figure something out, just listen to me. She began to move closer to him and look into his eyes.

I got him!! Not one man can resist this. It is a girls charm, if a girl cries not one man can deny it. I know with my skills as a DRAMA QUEEN! I can get what ever I want, if I do not get it. Well there is no not! I will get just you see, I will make this man crack!
Stacy soon had a evil smile on her face. She soon smiled at him and placed her hands on his face. "Please we need to be strong. I will be strong if you will." "If we work together I promise you we will make it through!"

Stacy stood up and looked around, she said "I am no threat." "I am just a lonely girl looking for assistance." She sat back down next to him, we can do this." "First can I ask you ask you some questions?"

She said "how about if I start by introducting myself?". "My name is Stacy Holorson." "I am a very nice girl, I mean no harm." "I enjoy music and to dance. There we go now you?"

As she asked the man the question she began to bat her long eye lashes and reached for his hand. She stared at him in interest with her big eyes.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler narfinkool. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Nealosi†

Post by Nealosi† »

Blake wanted to get out. He wanted to stand up and run out of the room, but he kept looking over to the body of Gregory and all he could do was stay there and stare at the body. He looked over to Stacy as she confronted him; he continued to huddle back into the wall of the barn. He didn't trust her one bit, Blake hadn't had a lot of experience with women, but there was a dead body on the floor and so far she wasn't shocked in the least. It was just then that she started to cry.

His hands were shaking violently as he wrapped them around his head. He curled into a ball; his eye only peeked out to look over at Gregory. His bloodshot eye dated only once over to Stacy as she prowled in closer. He listened to her talk as she sobbed. He didn't know what to think, everything was coming to him at once, he just wanted to go home and be alone. Just like always. The bodies never looked worse then in real life, and this crying girl was a whole other matter. He just wanted everyone to shut up a minute so he could think.

She seemed to finish her speech; she asked him a question. He looked up at her. He was a shaky little ball of nerves, huddled and pale in the corner of a dirty barn with his many layers of clothes. He tried to imagine himself, but all he could see was a cleaner version of a mental patient out on the freezing streets of a terrible grey city.

"I don't want to talk to you right now, Stacy," he muttered from under his arms. He continued to shake and rasp; he didn't know whether it was the lack of sleep or food or water, but he really didn't care. For the first time in most of his life, he wasn't able to piece everything together. He couldn't dive into his thoughts and come back out with a self-assessment and something else just as meaningful. He was really alone. All those other times when he would sit in his room by himself and think he was alone, he really wasn't, this was alone and he knew that now. Even though there was a person right next to him he was alone.

"Just go away," Blake tried his hardest to stand, but only managed to hoist himself up against the wall. He leaned heavily against the sullied wood. "I don't want you around."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Nealosi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
narfinkool†

Post by narfinkool† »

Stacy began to look at this man and as he started to go nuts. He was curling up in a ball. Like some big pussy; she watched him as he continued to curl up in the corner. Stacy approached him again and he told her to "Just go away" "Go away". Stacy stood up:

"Listen now, you poor excuse for a man. O for sure you killed a man, but you said it yourself it was an accident. Secondly this is a game where either you kill or you will be killed. So listen to me right now! I am here to offer you help! If you will not take it then I will do one of two things. One I will kill you or two, just leave you here to rott. Either way you are going to, unless you get your act together and help me and you survive."

"So what do you say just tell me your name and we can talk about this. Do not quit on yourself; your way to cute to die." She smiled at him letting him she trusted him. She extended her arm to him and offered to help him out. Stacy began to wonder:

What am I doing? Why I am trying so hard to help this man... Am I finding myself a sense of feeling. Feelings for someone? She took the image out of her head. I wonder if maybe we can work together, I have always believed in strength in numbers.

She looked at Blake and told him. "So here is your chance I am going to leave this barn. You have a chance to stop me and we can think of a plan. Once I leave this barn you are on your own and if I see you again in this game, I will have no choice but to dispose of you. If you come with me then maybe we can work something out!"

Stacy began to get dressed for the night weather as it is cooler. As soon as she was done she went on her way back the entrance of the barn.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler narfinkool. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Nealosi†

Post by Nealosi† »

His eyes were red and searing; he found it hard to close them. He couldn't look away from what he had done. He was still reeling from Gregory's death, this girl was hardly registering, but his logic was slowly seeping back in. Those few lines still danced through the fog of his thoughts. He began to comprehend there meaning now, as he realized that things would get much, much worse.

And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep...

No rest for the weary...

He watched her walk out the front entrance of the barn. Her long legs strutting there way out as Blake watched pathetically from the sullied barnyard floor. The dark pool of blood had stopped its slow conquest of the wooden boards.

"Wait," Blake reached out with one desperate hand, breaking the pathetic ball he had worked himself into. He called out, his voice was raspy, he addressed no one in particular but he reached towards Stacy and his eyes darted towards Gregory. "I'm so sorry..."

Blake coughed out a waft barnyard dust and picked himself up off the ground. He had needed his time, Blake wasn't a person to confess his problems and his sins, he took everything in and he kept it too himself. It was hard to pull this all in and bottle it away, he would remember - he always did - but him would pull it all in until he could assess the situation. It's just this time he had to summon all this consciousness into doing so.

"I'm sorry," his voice was clearly this time as he addressed Stacy directly. "I've just been screwed over one too many times already. I'm just in a world of shit right now. I think we all are..."

He cleared his throat again and looked over to Gregory, the shock was wearing off and Blake could begin to see Gregory as something far more corporeal. A buzzing fly had already found its way to his body and was slurping its way across the boy's forehead.

"I want to bury him," Blake looked down at the ground, unable to look at what he had done, and what he would have to do again. "I can't just leave him like that. He was a friend. He deserves better. You can leave if you want, but I need to do this."

Blake picked up a bundle of hay and walked over to the body. He figures moving it would only cause further indignity and began to bury it with the hay he had found in the barn. He dropped the first load unto his chest and bent down. Slowly he lifted up two fingers and slowly closed the starring lifeless eyes of Gregory Moyer.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Nealosi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
narfinkool†

Post by narfinkool† »

Stacy began to feel sorry for this soul. She began to watch as he covered the body with hay. As he finished she placed her hand on his shoulder, she said "look I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. I have never lost a loved one or friend and this must be hard." Stacy began to act in the best way possible. She acted sympathetic, because it seems like this man could be able to help her very easily. She continued to listen to him talk, as she starred into his eyes as she watched him. Stacy began to move closer to Blake maybe to make him feel more comfortable.

She moved closer as to keep herself safe; " I dont mean to sound like a jerk but we need to move somewhere safer and more quite." She put out her hand as for him to grab onto it, and they will find a better place. "This barn is tainted and unsafe, it will attract the wrong kind of attention and I do not think you want that"

What a stupid man, he is so weak, yet I cannot help but feel emotional towards him. Is it that I care for him that I care how he feels and how he acts. No that cannot be it, I am the girl that once let her cat die because I wanted to see what the other two dogs would do. This man seems to send something within me, a warm and safe feeling. How can this be that this sympathetic weak man is making me want to stay with him and maybe even protect him.

"Look cmon just tell me about yourself as we find somewhere else better, can we please talk about something! You need to be stronger right now I am not saying that to be mean I am just saying that because it is the truth."

Stacy stopped and looked into his eyes to show that she carred. Something about when she does this it is like a hypnotic trick like boys seem to do whatever she says. She looked in his eyes and gently placed her lips softly against his.

"Now cmon we should go!"
Nealosi†

Post by Nealosi† »

He listened to her pleas and cursed himself for acting so harshly at her approach. He just didn't want anyone around right now. He had just killed a close friend of his and he didn't want to risk anyone else. He also just wanted to be alone to wallow in his shame, and adsorb all the guilt and shame in his own introspective manner. As finished covering the corpse of Gregory Moyer he became all the more aware of Stacy's presence. Before she had just been an intruder, but now he realized that she was a young lady, and she was pleading for his partnership. The situation was beyond his recognition. He didn't know what to do.

Then suddenly, Blake stumbled back as Stacy quickly leaned in. He started to raise his hands defensively to protect himself, but was caught completely off guard when she suddenly kissed him on the lips. He stood back and stared at her in awe as the sun rose over the oceanic horizon. The sun glint and shone in his eyes, but he made no effort to shield them from the sun.

The voice blared on over and across the whole island ecstatically. Blake listened faintly, and only really took note at a few things. The first thing he took note of was the danger zone. He quickly reached into his pack and in a mindless sort of stupor, wrote down all of the areas. Never faltering for a minute, he nearly dropped all this things when the voice over the intercom mentioned his name.

Oh Christ! Everyone is going to think I killed him on purpose! You assholes! It was an accident!

He bristled and tightened his fist into balls but never voiced his opinion aloud; the very last thing he wanted was a terrorist out for his blood. Looking around as he continued to listen he realized Stacy was still standing diligently nearby. Blake stared at her as the announcement continued, he could hardly believe it was morning already, and he could hardly believe he had just been kissed by a girl, for the first time in his life.

The announcement called out his number just before fading off into obscurity.

Stacy was still poised and ready for Blake's reaction. She was a whole new person to him now, intimidating, but also somehow alluring in her own dangerous way. It was not a matter if he could trust her or not, but he could sense somehow in her something that he could sense in Walter Smith or Gregory Moyer. She was scared and she wanted his protection.

He looked up at the sky and cursed the gods for this cruel game they were playing with his mind. Stomach acids churned and his innards shifted as he tried to work something out of this. What if the terrorists where calling him to the marina out of some sick joke? He wouldn't put it past a bunch of guys who kidnapped kids for a living. Still, there was always the off chance, and he had to get out of this area anyway. It was not good to linger anywhere for too long in this game.

The marina was his destination; he had managed to work out that much in his brain, which had been reduced to a stew at the moment. Slowly, he calculated the repercussions, and all the while he kept staring over at Stacy. The tall girl was beautiful and frightening for a number of reasons, but Blake still felt obligated to her in a way. He still didn't trust her, but he didn't want to just abandon her.

"Ok..." Blake paused for a seemingly long time. "I'm sorry I was being such a dick, and I want to thank you for not pulling a fast one on me, but I have to go right now. And I have to go alone. If I see you again I'll try my best to help you in anyway I can, but right now I need to settle some things on my own..."

With that Blake bolted off towards the south. He clenched his now heavier bag close with a free arm and still held his bloodstained Bible in the other. The warm breeze whipped his face and turned his sleepless red-eyes even redder. Surveying his supplies and his surroundings once again, he looked at the front cover of his Bible. The golden engraved title was smeared with dark dry blood, which seemed to seep its way into the hard black cover. He uttered a few words to himself as he ran off towards the marina.

"I'm so sorry, Gregory. I just want to go home..."

((Continued in Weapons Drop))
narfinkool†

Post by narfinkool† »

Stacy noticed how Blake was devestated by his actions towards the dead fellow next to him. As she can tell he was a terrible mess, she likes guys that can be munipulated, but not like this, it is pathetic. Yet Stacy cannot help but feel sorry for the guy.

Poor Blake he just killed his best friend... Wait how can I be sorry for this ingrate, he is ready to burst like a bubble. He is just so helpless, and useless. I mean I threw myself at him, noone has ever said no to me. I am Stacy Holorson, not some fatass ugly bitch. I am the most beautiful girl my school has ever seen. That is more to say than this kid.

She began to walk over to Blake and began to try and talk to him.
She continued to talk to him, "please do not go! Please! PLEASE! PLEASE!!" Stacy began to scream at him. "Listen you are not the one to be saying no to me, I say no to you. Listen you ugly bastard, I only threw myself at you in self pitty" Stacy began to sweat she was angry, she began to stumble, she was unstable. Stacy pursued him for a while until he left, she began to yell out at him as he was leaving.
"I will find you and when I do you will regret it!!"

She screamed very loud, as the next two blocks could have heard her.
She began to walk back into the barn and recieve her backpack. And started to punch the corpse in anger. She got up and made no attention to the danger zones and stormed out of the barn, yelling. "CURSE YOU BLAKE!!!!"

(continued elsewhere)

Return to “Mountain Ranch”