Just a Dip (open to all)

The Recreation Center, located near Denton's seaside, boasts a slew of events for the everyday teen. The center contains a gym, a glistening pool, a large game room complete with pool, air hockey, and Foosball tables, and offers martial arts, yoga, and various other classes throughout the day.
Mitsuko2†

Just a Dip (open to all)

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel had left Lavvy and Renee at the plaza and made her way over to the rec center, intent on taking a short swim. She was glad that her gym class was doing swimming now, or else she would've had to go home to get her bikini. She shuddered at the thought as she stapped out of the locker room in a tight forest-green 2-piece, her har pulled up into a ponytail. The boys near or in the pool imediatly started to stare, which began to anoy her, so she quickly placed her towel down ands dove in. The water was nice at least. She did a few laps before geting out and lieing on one of the lounge chairs. She picked up an issue of teen magazine and began to read.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Colton Valero couldn't help but think to himself that after the intense game of streetball that had just occurred between himself, his twin brother, and a few other teens who happened to be roaming the basketball court at the time, a refreshing swim sounded pretty good.  He'd taken the liberty of hopping into one of the locker room showers and dousing the sweat off after the basketball game and was just now stepping out from the locker room, a white towel still wrapped around his shoulders, adorning a black tanktop and a pair of dark blue swimtrunks.

Christian, meanwhile, had long since gone ahead of his twin brother.  The younger twin brother -- by four and a half minutes, no less -- had meandered out by the poolside a few moments before.  He'd surveyed the area at first, and although the Arabic looking lifeguard staring boredly down at the water was quite attractive in her own right, it was the big-chested blonde in the green bikini currently sprawled out in a nearby lounge chair that he had been secretly sizing up.

Had he known that Mariavel was only fifteen and thusly jailbait for him, he probably wouldn't have given her a second glance.  However, her svelte form and busty figure greatly belied her age, and Christian would've easily believed her for at least seventeen, probably eighteen years of age.  He'd only been watching her for a few minutes as she lounged lazily in one of the series of white chairs laid out across part of the poolside.  After a few moments of debating, Christian decided to approach the blonde and attempt to strike up a conversation.  She seemed far too wrapped up in the magazine she was currently holding to pay him much mind, but it was worth a shot, right?

Colton, meanwhile, had since meandered over to a nearby location and deposited the towel wrapped around his shoulders, an extra beach towel, and a few other random nicknacks.  Now, he pulled the black tanktop over his head, revealing the chisled and athletic physique he'd worked hard to obtain and was quite proud of.  Now was as good a time as any to show off, he figured.  From the corner of his eye, he saw his brother strolling over to the other direction.  Of course, Colton's line of vision didn't follow his brother's to the nearby girl.  Instead, he simply assumed Christian was looking for him and called out.

"Hey bro, over here!"

Christian vaguely heard the line being uttered from behind him, but couldn't have possibly cared less at the moment.  He was on a mission.  Unfortunately for him, so was Colton.  Colton had suddenly realized just how dazed his brother was, and so had done the only thing a responsible young adult could do in such a situation.  He'd disguarded the shirt he'd just pulled off in the pile of his belongings and took off in a sprint toward the dark-headed boy.  Christian never saw him coming, that is, until Colton plowed into his side and flipped both himself and his brother into the water.  Unfortunately for both of them, the childish maneuver sent a wave of water serging from the pool and right in the direction of the blonde reading the magazine.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel was thoruoghly enjoying the article she was reading. It had to do with SOTF. She absolutly abhored the show, and acctually belived that it happend, contrary to her parents and other schoolmates beliefs. It told of how one by one, the parents were comeing forward to tell their story's. But before she could read the first one, a wave of water hit her head on. She spit out a bit of water and threw the magazine to the side. She looked to the source of her embarassment and saw two guys that looked like they were just throuwn into the pool. Did thease idiots know who they were messing with? She was gonna kick their sorry asses!

"Hey, fucktards! What in god's name is wrong with you?! People are trying to enjoy themselvwes here!" She quickly snapped at them and waited for an explaination for theirt actions.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Fuck.

The solitary word with so many different meanings ran through Christian Valero's mind as the blurry depths of the pool faded from existance and his head popped up above the water.  He'd been under just long enough to miss what the girl had said, but if the look on her face was any indication, she was thoroughly pissed off by Colton's ignorant little maneuver.  The sheer momentum with which the boys had landed in the pool had thoroughly soaked the blonde and effectively ruined her magazine, and by the looks of things, she was fuming.

"Loser," he muttered to his brother before punching him in the arm and climbing to the nearby ladder.

Colton, not surprisingly, had finally grasped what had been going on only moments prior.  Instead of apologizing for "messin' with his brother's game", so to speak, Colton erupted in a fit of laughter.  Christian, meanwhile, was shaking his head in slight annoyance as he exited the pool and grabbed the towel he'd been holding moments prior and had, thankfully enough, dropped when his brother had impacted with him on the edge of the pool moments before.  Instead of using the towel to dry himself, though, Christian meandered sheepishly toward the drenched girl, an apologetic smile plastered onto his face.

"Hey, I'm really sorry," he muttered, one hand rubbing the back of his head nervously, "My brother, he's an idiot."

Christian offered the towel to the blonde, still smiling sympathetically.  He noticed the magazine, disguarded to the side and laying a puddle of water, and couldn't help but frown even more.  He loved Colt just the same as any twin would his other brother, but he was definitely a bit of an idiot sometimes.  It was beyond Christian how someone like that could be so smooth with women when guys like Christian always seemed to royally screw things up.  Shaking his head in dismay, the frown that had formed on his features subsided slightly.

"Just an accident, you know?" he offered lightly, "Sorry we ruined your magazine, I'll buy you a new one if you want."

It was a nice gesture, anyway.  Perhaps it would ensure that the blonde-headed girl wouldn't bitch-slap him halfway across the recreation center for soaking her in water.  If her temperment only moments before was any indication, though, Christian should probably be bracing himself for the full-on wrath of the blonde.  He took a moment to glance back toward the waters in search of his brother, but Colton was nowhere to be found.  Sighing to himself a bit, he could do nothing except await whatever sort of aftermath would follow Colt's stupid little stunt.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel fumed as the boy exited the pool and attempted to apologize by giving her a towl. she looked back to her own towel. It was soaked. She sighed and reluctantly took the towel from the boy. She began to dry herself off and also cooled down. He offered to buy her a new magazine, which she thought was a little sweet, but then again, it wasn'tr her magazine. She politely declined his offer and, when she was dry thanked him for the towel. She held out her had to the strapping boy.

"The name's Mariavel. Mariavel Varella. Nice to meet you. Although I think it would have been better if certian curcumstances didn't occer." She chuckled a bit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Christian inwardly breathed a sigh of relief as the blonde-headed girl declined his offer of purchasing a new magazine but seemed to cool down enough to not bitchslap him back into the pool.  A smile fixed itself onto his features as the blonde thanked him for the towel and dried herself off.  Although circumstances had dictated that they wouldn't meet in a more pleasant manner, perhaps fate wasn't conspiring against him after all.

He was quite surprised when the blonde extended her hand and introduced herself as Mariavel Varella.  Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all.  He'd seemed to score a couple brownie points in the girl's book when he'd come up, apologized, and offered her the towel.  Smiling lightly, he accepted the handshake the girl had offered him.

"I'm Christian Valero, most of my friends call me Chris," he offered simply, "The pleasure's all mine, I'm sure."

Maybe it wasn't the smoothest introduction.  Maybe Colton could've owned him ten times over had he been the one introducing himself to the blonde.  However, Colton certainly wasn't the one in the conversation, and Christian was quite thankful for that.  His brother had long since meandered along to the other side of the pool, however, and seemed pretty disinterested in the blonde girl.  Christian couldn't help but think it somewhat funny, judging by looks alone this girl seemed like she'd be right up Colton's alley.  She was quite the bombshell, much like girls he'd dated in the past.  Christian, however, generally had no such luck.

"I really am sorry about that mess," he apologized once again, "I guess Colt got a wild hair up his ass or something, there's really no telling with him."

Christian laughed at the thought of it.  What had ever gotten into Colton to make him think tackling his brother into the pool was a good idea was certainly beyond him.  He could only assume that it was either blatant stupidity uncharacteristic of his brother or that he was trying to gain the attention of someone or something in the poolside area.  Christian eased himself down into the lounge chair beside Mariavel's, not paying any heed to the fact that a light stream of water ran down the entirety of his body from having been coated in it only moments before.  Maybe things would work themselves out.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smiled as he introdused himself, and giggled at his comment about his brother. She quickly looked him over to find that he was indeed very attractive, if not a bit older than her. She wouldn't mind getting to know this guy a little better. Perhaps lady luck was finnaly noticing her. He sat down on a chair and she immediatly blushed at the sight of his wet body. My god... she could be so pervertede sometimes. She sat as well and handed him his towel with a quick "thank you".

"So.... how old are you? and what school do you go to? I go to Bathurst, I know, pretty bad huh?" She giggled and looked at him for an answer.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Me?" he reiterated thoughtfully before shrugging his shoulders a bit, "Eighteen."

Only then did it occur to him that just maybe this girl was a little bit younger than he'd pegged her to be.  No matter, she couldn't possibly be that young.  Most of the girls Colton wound up dating were sixteenish anyway.  Besides, given the sheer looks of the girl, even if she were a bit on the younger side, Christian reckoned he could easily manage the clinginess and overobsessiveness younger girls seemed to be prone to.  As she inquired what school he went to, her smiled lightly.

"I go to Franklyn, I'm a Junior... birthday fell two days after the deadline, so me and Colt had to start school a year late.  Sort of sucks being one of the older kids in the class, but this far into high school, it doesn't really matter anymore, ya know?"

As Mariavel brought up Bathurst, a glint formed in Christian's eye before a smile once again crept onto his face.  He knew plenty of people from Bathurst, most of them through either sports or his brother.

"I know a couple people from there," he mused, "Hang out with a couple of the basketball guys from there every once in a while.  My brother dated Ali Grayston for quite a while.  She's a pretty girl, you know her?"

Christian couldn't help but get the sinking feeling that if Mariavel knew Ali, she probably didn't have good things to say about her.  Most people didn't seem to, anyway.  Mariavel might've been younger than her, now that he thought about it.  He quickly shrugged the thought aside and returned his attention to the blonde sitting across from him.  Other than the obvious routine conversation of "so what are you into?" he didn't really know what to talk about.  Attempting to be somewhat innovative, Christian tried desperately to steer clear of that particular line.

"So..." he hated taking the initiative in conversations, it always turned awkward, "What does Mariavel do for fun?"

Yes, it was lame.  No, he really couldn't think of anything better.  Point was, it got the job done, didn't it?  Christian almost hoped she didn't turn the question back around on him.  He hated vague questions like that.  For some reason, they always seemed to be the hardest to come up with an answer to.  Despite himself, he found himself once again visually sizing up the girl sitting beside him.  It wasn't as though he was trying to be rude, but she was very attractive, and she was wearing a rather skimpy bikini.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

He smiled and said that he was eighteen. only 3 yeaers older than her. Not too bad, considering. She could deal. "I'm fifteen. Still a sophmore." She smiled at the boy, then he brought the subject to her school. She sighed at the name Ali Grayston and her fists clenched. That bitch always had some new rumer about her circleing the school. she's the one who started the whole "Mariavel will do anyone! She's a slut!" one. Mariavel wanted nothing more than to grind into a pile of gore.

"Ali is..... an accuaintence of mine, yah." She said through gritted teeth. "Me and her aren't on the.... best... of terms though." she forced a grin and tried to bring her thoughts elsewhere. His next question was all she needed. She immediatly brightened up and looked at the boy. "This is going to sound a bit... childish but... I like amusement parks. When I was little, my brother used to bring me there all the time." She said happily.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Ah," he stated flatly as Mariavel confirmed that she was indeed still quite young.

Really though, a three year difference wasn't that bad.  She was only a year younger than Ali, and nobody'd given Colt a hard time when he'd hooked up with her.  Perhaps Christian was jumping the gun anyway, just because the girl had been polite enough to strike up a bit of small talk with him didn't mean she was the slightest bit interested in him.  Maybe she was just being nice and trying to accept his apologies for soaking her, ruining her magazine, and just overall putting her in an uncomfortable situation.

He noticed Mariavel tense up visibly at the mention of Ali, and could only assume he'd probably hit a nerve.  He hadn't really been around the better-than-thou acting brunette too much, but she was one of those easily-readible girls, and it was pretty obvious that Ali's overbearing personality had a lot of potential to rub a whole lot of people the wrong way.  Despite that, the Senator's daughter was probably one of the more popular and well-known students at Bathurst High, so she had to have something going for her, right?  Christian had always tried to look at it that way, he liked finding the good in people as opposed to the bad.

"You're not the first person to have said that," Christian noted as Mariavel confessed that she and Ali didn't exactly see eye-to-eye.

He wondered if Mariavel was so wrapped up in cliques as the brunette had been.  Perhaps they didn't get along because of clique clashes or something.  Judging by Mariavel, she couldn't  possibly have been a nobody at Bathurst.  Even if she had nothing else going for her -- not that Christian was saying that, he genuinely thought she was a nice girl -- she was quite attractive, and that should have at least gained her some attention.  In fact, the more he thought about it, he was pretty sure Mariavel was a cheerleader or on the colorguard team or something.  She looked vaguely familiar, he'd probably seen her at a football game or something.

The change of subject was refreshing.  When Mariavel confessed that she enjoyed amusement parks, Christian's interest was once again piqued.  He pondered questioning why she and her brother didn't go to the amusement park anymore, considering one sat right on the beach nearby, but thought better of it.  Everyone had their reasons, right?

"The amusement park, huh?" he mused, "That's not childish.  Least, I don't think it is.  Places like that have an atmosphere that you can't find anywhere else, ya know?  It's a nice place to be.  You can look around and tell that everyone's having fun... and everyone's just being themselves.  Nobody's trying to fit into some stupid clique or tie into some stereotype, they're just there enjoying themselves.  It's nice."
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smiled cheekily at his confession. Finally, someone with her same interests. She rather liked amusement parks. They reminded her of her brother. She felt safe in them.

"well.... How about going with me then? To the amusement park of course." She blushed a bit. "I-I'd like to have someone with me when I...uh... go." She hoped that he would agree. She didn't want to look stupid. Bloody fists NEVER look stupid.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

As a smile alighted the blonde's face, Christian couldn't help but smile back.  She'd definitely proven earlier that she had quite a fiery temper, but it was like she was a whole different person when she smiled.  The best part was that this girl seemed real.  Real... Christian could relate.  Although his parents hadn't ever gotten into the habit of dressing the twins alike and making them do everything together, Christian had always sort of felt like he was in Colton's shadow.

The fact remained that Colt was a very, very extroverted individual.  He was suave, he was charismatic, and despite all the idiotic stunts he often pulled off, he always managed to smooth-talk his way out of it.  Christian, however... ever heard the expression, "nice guys finish last"?  Christian couldn't help but think that that phrase single-handedly summed up his entire life.

Colt might've been a bit of a black sheep in his father's eyes, but he was a momma's boy if Christian had ever seen one.  Christian, meanwhile, had bonded closely with their father and shared a lot of common interests with the man.  Overall, he couldn't help but recollect that he had a good family life... which brought him back to the question of Mariavel's brother when she inquired if he'd like to go to the amusement park with her.  A smile formed on the boy's features as he responded.

"Sounds good," he mused, "Haven't been down to the park in ages."

A bit of a smile formed on his lips again.  He really hadn't been down to the park in ages.  Actually, the last time he had gone, it had been himself, his at-the-time girlfriend, his brother, and Ali, oddly enough.  Of course, that relationship hadn't worked out either.  Once again, the nice guy thing had come into play and he'd inevitably been told that "she just didn't feel that way about him".  The story was the same every time, it seemed.  Christian tried not to dwell on the thought too much.  Nothing good ever came of thinking too much.

"You usually go alone, huh? ... Well, I mean, that's cool.  It's always funner to go with a friend, though." he inquired after a moment.  She'd mentioned earlier that she and her brother used to go, but now it sounded to him as if she ventured to the park solo.  Of course, it never crossed Christian's mind that her brother was now deceased.  He figured her parents' might've divorced, or they'd just grown apart, or something of that nature.  Besides, he didn't want to pry too much.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel was delighted to hear Chris' acceptance to her invite. She usually went there alone or with Lavvy. being with someone new might be fun. She didn't like to go alone.

"It'll be fun!" She smiled.

He brought up the point that going alone was boring and she nodded her head enthusiasticly. She liked this sort of thing. Amusement parks and such. This boy might not turn out so bad either.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"'Course it will," he mused with a grin.

Colton, who had taken the liberty of wandering off and eventually had taken to hittin on the Arabic lifeguard, seemed to have either lost all interest or gotten a phone number during Christian's conversation with Mariavel.  As his brother looked over in the general direction, Christian flagged him over.

"Tell him he'll have to ride home by himself real quick and we'll head that way... I mean, if you're ready," he muttered, "I take it you don't drive... we road the bikes out here, so we can take mine down to the coast or something."

He was rambling.  And talking in sentence fragments.  Christian Valero wasn't the most eloquent or articulate when it came to having conversations with the opposite sex.  That was just another thing the older sibling had on him.  Of course, he had simply meant that he'd tell Colton that he and Mariavel were going down to the beach on his motorcycle and that Colt would have to head back to the house alone.  That, of course, was the message she was supposed to have gotten out of the jumbled mess of words.

Colt now meandered toward the duo sitting in the lounge chairs, having taken the signal from his brother.  Christian stood up to meet his brother halfway, a goofy grin plastered onto his features.  Colton couldn't help but shake his head, more in resignation than anything else.  He'd definitely have to clue Christian in on what he was messing with later on, because the poor boy was completely clueless about the ship he was about to set sail on.

"Hey," Christian mumbled, "We're gonna go down to the amusement park, I'll see you at the house, alright?"

"Whatever," Colton mumbled.

"Something wrong?" Christian inquired.

"We'll talk about it later," Colt stated simply.

If that girl was the girl he thought she was -- and she was -- she was nothing but trouble.  He'd dated several girls from Bathurst, he'd heard stories about gang-bang Barbie over there.  Part of him wanted to smack his brother for messing with someone like that.  Part of him knew Christian didn't have a clue... and whatever other part of him existed knew that even if he told Christian what kind of girl Mariavel Varella was, he wouldn't listen... so he just let it go.

"Have fun," Colt muttered simply before heading off in the other direction.

Christian shrugged off the less-than-welcome reception from his brother and returned to his newfound companion.  Flopping back down on the lounge chair, he couldn't help but grin a bit.  Maybe things were finally going to go right for him.  Even if his brother did seem to have a hair up his ass about something, Christian wasn't going to let it spoil things.  He didn't get the chance to hang out with very many girls often, especially ones as pretty as this.  Even when he did, he quickly found his way into the role of best friend.

"So, you ready?" he inquired.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smiled at his brother when he came over, but he gave her one of those stares. The stare of knowing. He knew who she was. What she does. Not good. She quickly jumped to her feet and smiled at chris. She need to change first. then she'd try and explain who she was at the park.

"Let me change. Then we'll go!" She ran off to the changeing rooms.

Return to “The Rec Center”