The Scarlet Garden

Morning Day 5; Open

The gardens of the Peaceful Meadows Chapel used to be blooming with an abundance of plant life from many different flower beds, and while to some extent this is still the case, many other invasive species have moved in due to the absence of any maintenance. Many residents of the asylum were encouraged to help maintain the gardens as a form of therapy, but after the asylum's closure human influence has been completely absent. This has caused a dramatic build-up of tangled weeds throughout the beds of the gardens, with thick patches of nettles, thorns, and many other forms of plant life now encroaching upon the brick and dirt paths, cutting off some routes altogether. Despite all this however, the large willow tree from which the island gets its name still stands near the center of the garden, casting a large shadow over much of the area.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Jasmine stared at Caedyn. She turned and stared at Jae. Caedyn. Jae. Then she turned to look at Caitlyn who had the Cheshire of Cheshire's grins. A trinkle of sweat rolled down the side of her face; that grin contrasted violently with the weight of the situation. Why was she grinning?? This was very serious and far from a joke.

"I was wrong about your girlfriend, Jazzy," Jasmine heard the emphasis on 'girlfriend' and felt a shiver tremor up her spine, "yeah, I was totally wrong."

Wrong how? None of this made any sense. Jasmine's breath came in quick nervous bursts. Her eyes darted between Min-kun and Kay. A hand clutched her heart. Holy shit, now was not the time for her anxiety to overwhelm her.

"It's okay Jazzy. Do what she says, but don't wander off too far. Just stay out of view and watch how things play out. Okay?"

"Okay," Jasmine said out loud. She turned to Caedyn. She forced a smile and kissed her cheek. She started to back away, giving Min-kun a passing glance as she did as Caedyn told her. Go on baby bird, she'll be right behind you. Just get away from him. No. Not him. From them.

"There's a chance Jae might take a potshot. Your girlfriend might die Jazzy. Ohhh, I know that'll make you sad. But, c'mon, he's only got one shot. Even if he manages to hit, he's gotta fumble for another arrow. He has to make that one shot count.

And if that happens... You'll know what to do, Jazzy.
"

Jasmine wanted to play dumb. Act like she didn't know what Caitlyn was getting at.

But who was she fooling? She totally did.

(Jasmine Reed continued in crushcrushcrush.)
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

I've got my one.

What a fucking moron. Caedyn understood the mindset, but it took everything she had not to smirk at him. In her head, the difference between them couldn't be starker: Jae looked fucked up and unstable with a bulky, uncooperative weapon. Not only had he pissed off probably about as many people as she had, but anyone looking to "get their one" might see him as pretty easy prey. Meanwhile, Caedyn was still fresh and bright...minus all the blood. Yeah, she'd lost some sleep. Yeah, all this walking was exhausting. But that was the case for everybody, wasn't it?

If Jae had any brains left in that tiny little skull of his, he'd shoot her right now and take his chances with Jazzy. If it came down to a time when they had to kill each other and things kept up like they were, he'd be in a way worse position by then. That's how this worked, right? It was all cumulative. Jae would get worse, and as long as she didn't run into any more hiccups like Bridgette, she'd be perfectly fine. If Jae even lasted long enough for them to catch up again, she figured he'd be a real mess by then.

God, was she the only person that had this figured out? Well, that was about usual. She couldn't expect the vermin to keep up with her.

Caedyn watched Jae closely as she backed away through the garden. Even if he was an idiot, she wasn't going to trust him. She waited until she and Jazzy were near a clear way out, then turned around to grab her hand and run for it.

((Caedyn Miller Continued crushcrushcrush))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
backslash

Post by backslash »

Caedyn didn't say anything else before getting the hell out of dodge. Good, but that biting, snapping instinct reared its head in him the way it always did.

"Sooner or later, it's going to be you or her, you know!" He called after them. "And I know you, Caedyn, I know how you work! Everyone does!" The whole world did now. Did Caedyn seriously think she could just run around like she did back at school and have any chance? If by some miracle she got home like that, with the entire world watching and realizing exactly what sort of person she was, what the hell would she be going back to?

What would any of them be going back to if they made it?

Jae didn't have an answer. All he had was the empty garden and the echoes of his own spiteful words.

((Min-jae Parker continued in How Easy it Was to Lie to Strangers))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."

Return to “Crematorium Gardens”