Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying

[ASK FIRST] [Content Warning: Polite Conversation]

Comprising both the kitchen and the dining hall itself, the cafeteria is a large room with multiple long tables. Having been converted an older dining room already present in the building, the cafeteria also possesses a fireplace with a large fireguard; there is still wood inside it but it has been dampened and rotted by the passage of time. This conversion has also left the room with its high ceiling and variety of ornaments such as family shields and portraits on the walls, along with art pieces donated by families who appreciated the asylum's services. At the back of the dining hall is a set of double doors which lead into the kitchen, which in itself is relatively plain, besides two industrial-sized ovens and a similarly heavy duty dishwasher. The kitchen is in the same state it was left in when the asylum was abandoned, many of the pots and pans hanging on racks and some drawers containing cooking utensils, although the only potentially dangerous objects left are now rusty and dulled beyond use.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

And that wasn't so much a question as an order, really, to get outside. And she had been outside a few times, yes, mostly when they were collecting rain. She had savored the rain, reveled in the drops as they poured down her skin, washed off days of accumulated dirt and grime. But in the back of her mind had been that worry, that fear about someone invading their sanctuary. That fear that served as a background here in this island, even through the boredom of the past couple of days. And so she only stayed outside long enough for the rain to soak her a bit, and then ran back inside.

And Olivia wanted that, wanted to reclaim some part of herself, wanted to find some cards or watches, but at what cost? Why would she risk her life for a pack of cards?

Then again, why not?

Abby flashed in her mind again. Curled up, lying in red. But, no, instead of that, she was lying in dust.

Something surged in her. The same thing that pushed her from the first room, after her water had spilled. Some shadow of bravado.

So, after a few seconds of hesitation, she slowly nodded. "Sure."
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
backslash

Post by backslash »

Sure. Not confident, hardly an affirmation. But it was enough.

Jerkily, Georgia Lee nodded. "Okay."

They couldn't just leave it at that, though. There had to be a plan, a contingency in case they ran into trouble, some kind of structure so that they wouldn't find themselves wandering aimlessly and endlessly. She sat back down, searching for an unmarked space on the table's surface.

"First, let's make a list of all the things we'll want to pick up if we find them. More food and water, for one thing, and- and any useful weapons." She spared Olivia a glance which she tried to make friendly and gentle. "If we stumble across a pack of cards, we can take that too. Anything else?"

She took their suggestions, carving them into the table in tiny scrawl, cramped there by their games and the names of the dead and dying. It took longer than she had initially thought, but she was at least somewhat satisfied with the result.

"First thing in the morning, we'll go look around. Better to wait in case we have to vacate the area quickly, and then we won't be tired."

Georgia Lee found that she had difficulty getting to sleep that night; the suggestion of leaving for the first time in days had instilled a restlessness in her, or rekindled that which had already been there but suppressed.

"That is a great responsibility, to be the master of one's own fate."

"Of course. We are the subjects of the heavens, and so are not bound by the laws of the earth. This world is as an egg, and one day you will will hatch from it to your eternal reward, God willing. Until then you are free, absolutely, to do whatever you will, but know you this: if everything you do is your choice and your choice alone, then no one but you can be held accountable for how you act, or what fate befalls you, and know you too that there most assuredly will be an accounting."

When she did sleep, she dreamed of flying.

((Georgia Lee Day continued in Until Then, You Are Free))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

But Olivia never slept.

She did dream, however.

While she kept watch, walked countless numbers of circles around the room, she dreamed of all the things she wanted, of a watch in her wrist and a deck of cards in her hand, of her family, of Cochise, of Irene and Hannah. She thought of them, dreamed of them being with her, and then, once the thought came into her head that she might never get some of those things back again, that she might never get some of the things she wanted, she tried to forget about them. But no, to forget would be to murder. No, she tried to not think about them. If she couldn't go to sleep, then maybe she could put some of those dreams to sleep instead. Yes, sleep, that was the word.

But then, something occurred to her, because in the act of trying to not think about Irene, Irene in particular, she'd thought about her. She'd thought about their travel to the asylum, and she remembered something, something that had escaped her mind from Irene's death up until now. They were walking, and Olivia had forgotten her sweater. And it was cold, and freezing, and without her watch and now her sweater, she felt naked, and so, and so

She rushed across the room on tip-toes, trying not to wake Georgia Lee up. She rushed towards her bag, and almost immediately, she felt it, she felt the sweater that Irene had loaned her. It was hers. It was a piece of Irene. And aside from Irene's rotting corpse lying who-knew-where, this was all that would be left of her, and now Olivia had a piece of Irene that wasn't her name, that was concrete, that she could feel and hug and now she was hugging it and pretending that Irene was hugging her because this could be felt, it had sleeves that could be felt and she could be put these sleeves, these lanky, massless arms around her and pretend it was Irene, but in the end, it was just pretend, and Irene would still never be back, and so, Olivia sunk into the table and cried again, cried for the nth time, but at least this time, Georgia Lee wasn't awake to see her, judge her, fear her, only the cameras and everyone watching her, and now it wasn't that she didn't mind the cameras, it's just that they didn't feel as important to her as Irene's sweater.

((Olivia Fischer continues in Until Then, You Are Free))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “The Cafeteria”