a dr36m come true and a star to wish upon

(open)

The most secluded and most secure of the second floor wards, solitary confinement is where patients who had been given up on were kept. Each padded cell would be used to contain a single high-risk patient. These patients would be cared for in that they would be given food and water, but beyond that they were left largely to their own devices. The corridor leading to the solitary unit has two gates down intersecting its length to ensure no one gets out, although both of these have been left unsecured (and, in the case of the second one, rusted away). The ward itself is sparse, with only a few gurneys and straitjackets left lying around. Heavy metal doors lead into each individual cell which can be bolted from the outside, however many of these bolts have rusted away or are flimsy enough that they're liable to break off in someone's hand.
Melusine

a dr36m come true and a star to wish upon

Post by Melusine »

((Dorothy left the worst day of her life.))

Dorothy shallowed hard, pushing one of the rusty door. It smelled like death, like how Asha's smelled earlier. She assumed it was the blood that made it smell like that. The way it became darker and darker as the time passed, the smell like copper or iron or whatever metal it was that took all the place of the room. The way she could almost taste it as she breathe through her mouth to avoid to smell it made her gag. Behind the door laid a corpse. It must have been a while it as been there due to the color it took and the flies who started swarming inside of the body.

She couldn't identify the gender, the age, the race, or anything about the victim. Other than they were dead, obviously.

She slowly walked toward it, her hands wrapped around her taser. It's not like it would jump and attack her, it wasn't a zombie or something like that but she felt much safer with something in her hands. She noticed the wall and the floor was padded, she found that amusing despite the fact there was a corpse in front of her. She didn't think those things were real, just in the movies and all of that.

It didn't help that the sight of the body didn't feel real, as if her brain didn't register it. The body, or what was left of it, had this metal thing in it, right where its chest should be be. Or maybe that the abdomen? She couldn't be sure while looking at it, it was too messed up.

So it was dead and Dot was alive. No crying allowed there, she didn't want to cry in front of a corpse, that'd be weird. She stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her. She tried to lock it but the bolt was rusted to the door, unable to move after too many years of inactivity. She headed to the room beside it, hoping that there was no corpse in that one too.

This one looked already better even it wasn't different. The absence of a corpse truly made the room much more lovely and lot less scary. She threw her bag in the corner of the room. Before she knew, she had remove her shoes and was walking on the cushions. She removed her socks and set them inside of her pair of shoes.

The room wasn't comfortable but it was better than sleeping on the ground. Well, it was still sleeping on the ground but the ground was way more soft than the one she slept on last night. She carefully put her shoes beside the door before shutting it. Then, she opened her bag, searched for the taser's charges, pulled them out along with a water bottle and a bar. With what she needed in her hands, she crawled away from the door until the hitting the wall facing the door.

After a couple of minutes of figuring out how the taser worked, she successfully reloaded it. She set it down beside her, gulped down her water and took a bite of the bar. Is this how the people who were locked here felt? Alone, scared, and filthy, unsure of their fate or their future. She chewed on her inner lip and took another sip from her bottle.

She nested in a corner then the announcement started playing. She decided it was the best time to cry, letting the voice of the vile man cover the sound of her sobs and tears as she shoved her hands in her face to hide from the cameras. She learned about the deaths and the killers. Irene was dead, Bernie was dead, and Brendan had killed again. The others weren't her top priority at the moment, she didn't remember them or if she did, she was too bothered by her dead friends.

The fact that Brendan had personally killed Bernie hurted her the most. She talked to her, she met Bernadette in the art club along with Ty. God dammit, Brendan was there with her as she made those friendship bracelets and Brendan still killed her.

Then Irene was the next thing in her mind. They weren't very close but the interactions they had together made her heart swell. Gosh they were dumb, ghost hunting planning over Facebook? That was a thing she wished she could go back at. Just goofing on Facebook, chatting with her friends and sending them dumb comics. She shallowed hard, thinking of all the things that they could have shared on each other walls. That was when her biggest worry was the upcoming oral presentation, now it was the slightest of her problem.

A small victory was announced, however, when it wasn't Iz who won the award for killing someone or whatever. It was some girl she couldn't bother to remember as tears flooded her vision. It was bittersweet. At least Asha didn't died for Iz to gain another killing tool, she felt a slight warmth inside of her heart thinking of Iz's face when she'd learn about how she lost again

Dorothy wrapped her arms around her knees and laid her head against one of the wall, trying to ignore the smell of the body next door and the images of her dead friend inside of her mind. She closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Maybe a hour, or maybe a lifetime, or maybe an eternity, she had been crying. Her tears were running on her face, eroding her skin and her face, tearing the once smiling face to a cracked mouth. She never cried so much, she never cried until she gagged so it was much of a surprise when she was caught with a coughing fit. The bile inside of her empty stomach made her way through her esophagus, burning her from the inside.

She spat it out, feeling the vile taste spreading on in her mouth as she stared down the thing that just left her body. Like a deer caught in the headlines of a car, she looked at it when another spasm took her by surprise. Another round of bile was making its way up but she took action when she felt the burn. She shoved her hand inside the bag, tearing away a part of the gnawed bread and wolfing it down.

She had been staring at the celling for a while now, looking at the white, crusty paint peeling itself away. She raised her taser, closing one of her eyes to aim and stayed like that. She wanted to get use to the weight, to the sensation, to the responsability that the taser gave her. She would make sure it wouldn't go waste, that she wouldn't miss, that the person who received the shock would be deserving of it.

She thought about her main target: Iz. She'd make her pay. Everyone she killed had friends, a family, maybe a pet that wouldn't see their owners and would wonder why their best friend didn't come back. When she'll tase her, she hopes all of those people would be watching. She hopes everyone who had some kind of bad blood with the wicked ballerina would look at the screen and be happy when she would start to twitch.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to kill her, though. Part of her yearned to make her suffer but if she killed her, she would become like her, in a way. Well, not totally. She would be a killer but not a repeated one. Just an one time killer, that wasn't so bad, right? It was what she needed to get out alive too. Get a kill, be the last one standing and you go home. That's how it was.

If she killed Iz, nobody would blame her. People back at home would be happy, too. They'd see Dot as the girl who killed the murderer of their kid's friends.

Dorothy was wondering if she was losing it. Maybe staying in the same white room, laying down in the same position for a while wasn't the best idea. Sensorial deprivation was getting to her, she wanted to get up and to go for a walk but she wasn't safe outside. Inside the room, she was safe. Nobody would know she was there, nobody would see her there. If someone entered, she'd tase them and leave. The only thing that could possibly go wrong was Dot. She was the only one that could fuck it up by going bad shit.

She started to play a game with herself.

''Hi!''

She stared at the camera, her hands around her weapon, waving it in front of the lens.

''This used to be my friend's but something... happened to her...''

She didn't know if she felt like going in details. The camera wouldn't judge her if she spoke to it. It was stuck with her in the same.

''Okay Jessie,'' she said pointing to the camera, ''to load a taser you need-''

She put her right hand inside of her bag, getting a charge out.

''This! and, obviously, a taser, duh.''

''Jessie, how are you?''

She stayed silent but Dot answered anyways.

''I'm sorry about your husband, I didn-''

She faked to be interupted by the camera then continued with a giggle.

''Oh my, don't say that! But he had it coming, so I don't think anyone will mourn him''

Dot bit the inside of her lip.

''You know, I've been like so bored lately, do you feel bored too?''

Dorothy nodded twice with an empathetic smile.

''Yeah, it's not fun here, I'd love if someone would save us, that'd be rad.''

She was done speaking to the camera. She had finish telling it every single stories she had known, every details of her life, every friendships she had made and love she had felt. She excused herself to the bathroom and came back ready to tell more stories to the camera.

Her voice was hopeful, tinted with love and care for the people she told the tell to. She knew that the camera was recording her, and she wanted it. She wanted whoever watching the video that they knew that Dorothy was a real human being with a real dream and a real pain. She wanted to make sure they knew she wasn't an actress or something. She hoped that the people watching thought it was something of a movie and they were just watching it because they were curious to check if it was true. Dot felt that if those people fell on that footage, they would listen to her rambling about her elementary school or pseudo-tutorials about loading a taser or making friendship bracelets.

If they watched a clip of her, they would know she was real.

A part of her knew that the terrorists watching would think she's insane or they would mock her when she would die with those announcement but she felt happy. She had spoken truths she would have never said back home, she told the world how she felt as if her diary was spread open and every sheets were taken off and pinned to every walls. When she would die, the world would maybe remember her and that's what made her happy.

''I think I said everything for now, so I guess tee-tee-wye-el''
Riki

Post by Riki »

[[Lucilly Peterson, continued from I'm Just a Soul Whose Intentions Are Good]]

What has occurred, and more importantly - what has not occurred. Two questions closely related, swirling closely intertwined in her head. She could not answer, however. At some point in time, she had met Emma. At some point of time, she had met Amanda. At some point of time, she had met Jamie. At some point of time, she had lost them.

At some point of time, she had lost her way.

At what points of time, she was not sure. All the pieces of her memory, they could the scraps torn from a single page. Perhaps they could be the telling of a day. Perhaps a year has gone by. Perhaps the world burnt in fire and Lucilly was born anew.

For the moment, she considered the last possibility unlikely.

Either way, at some other point of time, a point which was more present than any others, Lucilly had heard voices. A voice, a singular voice coming from just one person. She had heard them and in a bout of curiosity or the cravings for something else, she had tried to seek them out. Lucilly had found the source of it, she believed.

Dorothy.

She stepped into the white room. It was beautiful. Dorothy was beautiful. She was so happy. So was Lucilly, now that she could see it as well.

"Fear not, it is merely me."
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

She screamed.

She pulled the trigger.

She screamed again.
Riki

Post by Riki »

'Fear not' says local girl and gets zapped.

Lucilly could have truly said that she was utterly and completely shocked. Even more so, she was surprised by the sudden tension engulfing the room. She could only utter one word - "What!" - before she screamed. Then Dorothy screamed again.

And then Lucilly screamed again.

Then they both screamed.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

She threw her weapon on the ground, still screaming.

''Oh my god! Oh my god!''

She didn't think when she pressed the trigger, she just reacted to the voice coming out of nowhere. She thought she was alone, all alone. That there was nobody there that could harm her.

She heard a girl's voice and just fired away. That was a reckless, what if it was like Jae coming back or something, she would just
have shocked him?

She mentally noted to never pick up a gun.

She rushed to the girl's side, still screaming, her hands wrapped around her face.

''I'm so, so, so, so sorry! You scared me an-and you just came out of nowhere, I'm sorry, oh my god! Tell me you are okay, please!''
Riki

Post by Riki »

Lucilly kept screaming.

She kept screaming straight into Dorothy's face as the girl tried to apologize and calm her down.

She kept screaming for a while longer, but already got more silent. And more, and more, until she stopped.

Then she slumped, and collapsed on the floor.

Lucilly gave Dorothy a thumbs up, her own face planted firmly into the ground.

"Please do not do this thing again, if it would not bother you too much."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Dorothy wrapped her right around the two little studs that struck the girl and pulled them out by the cord.

''I-I won't, I swear! I thought you were someone else or like someone dangerous, oh my god!''

She scanned the girl's body, trying to notice any wounds that that the shock and the fall could have made, but Lucilly looked intact apart from her laying face down and still having some twitches here and there.

Good thing the other girl didn't have something like a gun that could have misfired or a knife she could have tripped on. The result would have been much more deadly and she didn't want to deal with that, especially after Asha.

''I'm literally so sorry, do you need anything? I don't mind sharing.''
Riki

Post by Riki »

It had been more shock - quite literally - than damage that caused Lucilly's brief moment of pain. At the very least, she concluded as such.

Her head was removed from the floor, that is, Lucilly lifted it up. She had a few troubles indeed to lift the rest of her body, but with a few sighs and aches and a very concerned-looking Dorothy looking on, she managed to stand on her two feet again.

She rested her hand on the spot on her chest where Dorothy struck. The physical sensation caused her a slight bit of discomfort, but it was nothing to invade hell for.

"I am good, thank you very much."

As tazing people, however, was one of the lesser known icebreakers - and rightly so, for most conversation dropped dead when electric currents were involved - Lucilly found herself speechless. The art of small talk had been inappropriate to use where they were, but for the lack of better options, Lucilly engaged.

"I hope you are just as fine."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

The girl seemed okay. Well, she was doing fine for someone that got tased and crashed to the ground.

''I'm not having a great day or week for that matter.''

She squeezed her teeth together, feeling the pressure building up in her gum. She was reminded that she didn't brush her teeth for a while now and it felt like the bacterias were festering inside of her mouth. She rubbed her tongue against her teeth in a way to feel more clean but to no avail.

She didn't really know what to do other than to stare the other girl. She thought about their relationship before the island, it wasn't perfect but nothing like a rivalry or an antecedent of a fight.

She wanted to apologize again but she didn't feel like repeating herself, again. She wasn't a broken record, or she wish she wasn't.

Dot found the perfect idea for a small talk.

''So, what's your favorite color? Mine's pink.''
Riki

Post by Riki »

Oh, dearest - Lucilly could only agree to Dorothy's statement for her own week was as miserable as a week could get. She had not taken a shower in a long time, and although she could not smell the stench of her own person she was inherently aware of it - and thanked Dorothy's tact in not acknowledging it - and that was just terrible.

"My favorite color is... well to be frank I have not thought a lot about this lately."

Lucilly thought about it. In that moment, though she did not ponder for long and simply blurted out the first shade in her mind which she found pleasing to it.

"However, I think it would be Vermilion. I just find it... good."

"Pink is a very good color as well, though!"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Vermilion.

That was red, right?

''Oh I love that color too! Red is cool and all, I'm just like... not all over it''

Vermillon wasn't blood red but any it reminded her of the body of Asha. Laying there, opened from wounds and stained in her own blood. She wondered if the blanket she put on her was red too or if it the pool became black when it became dry.

Or was that too early? Or was that too late?

What time was it?

She needed to eat every three hours and her stomach was grumbling a bit so she assumed it was around 10 or around that.

''Are you planning to do anything the next few days? I really don't know, personally.''
Riki

Post by Riki »

Dorothy called vermilion red. It was not that much of an untruth, though had Lucilly been content with considering the color of vermilion a red, she would have simply said red. Regardless, Dorothy has shown another facet of hers with a masterful segue into a new topic.

It was small talk, pleasantries exchanged between two young ladies, and yet her question halted whatever Lucilly was thinking at the moment. She was not sure.

"I am uncertain."

Looking at Dorothy, the way she was and the way Lucilly was, Lucilly remembered that she remembered nothing. Nothing about what she had planned, at least, or if she ostensibly had planned anything at all.

"Do you have plans?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Dorothy blew hot air in her cheeks, making them change sizes at her will. One second, they were the same size, the other, the left one became bigger than right one, then vice-versa. She made an o-shape with her lips, letting the accumulated stagnant CO2 leave her body. If she could whistle, she'd be doing it right now.

''I'm asking 'cause I don't have one myself other than like...''

She bit her lips and wrapped her arms around her body. Would revealing her plan be smart? Especially to someone she didn't really know that well that could be her friend?

''I, um...''

She was uncomfortable and it was showing it in her face and gestures. As if she was wearing a winter coat on a really hot summer day, she felt warmth crawling around her neck and face. Quickly, she started feeling like dots on the tip of her fingers. She was about to say something horrible but it had to come out.

''I want to kill Iz slash Isabel slash Isabel Ramirez slash,''

Her voice dropped, she stared intently at her taser, the words escaped in-between her teeth,

''That bitch who killed Asha.''

She quickly look away and waving her hands and turned her head back to the girl.

''I'm sorry I don't say things like that usually but she's getting on my nerves.''
Riki

Post by Riki »

Lucilly was of sound mind, after all, and even she knew that the vocabulary she used was strangely different from what her peers used. It was what it was, and that was fine. She had little consideration for how other people spoke, though even she had to admit in silence that some of the things said by her classmates were extraordinarily wrong and rude. Regardless of that fact, she was aware of how people spoke and she was aware of the fact that sometimes people used words that did not make sense to Lucilly. Words that appeared harsh and grotesque, but were euphemisms - or perhaps whatever the opposite of an euphemism was - were actually masking a more harmless action.

So when Dorothy said she wanted to kill Isabel, Lucilly knew from the bottom of her heart that it was actually not a literal intent to murder Dorothy expressed. More something along the lines of a mean-spirited prank or something similar. A reaction, as far as Lucilly gathered, to Isabel 'killing' Asha somewhere in the past.

Lucilly was not a friend of revenge, and she was even less of a friend to the words Dorothy used.

"True, Isabel can be difficult, but to curse her like this is a bit inappropriate."

Lucilly flashed a cute little smile and shrugged her shoulders. She was no friend of revenge, but she was a friend to helping and it would cost nothing to ask for details.

"So, what is it that you are planning to do to her?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]

Return to “Solitary Confinement”