Horrors From Beyond

Children are the devil.

Essentially, the first level of the Promenade could be described as the 'tween' floor. Any time after 3 PM on a school day, it's all but infested with young kids and not-quite-teenagers. Prominent stores on this floor are places like Banana Republic, Claire's, Hot Topic, and Please Mum.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Thanks?" Melissa echoed, a little caught off-guard. Her wonderment quickly faded away into a genuine smile as she nodded at Aileen. "It was my pleasure. And it was fun hanging out with you so...you really don't need to say thanks at all. I hope that doesn't sound weird."

She chuckled for a bit, looking a bit embarrassed as she gave a slight shrug. All in all, it had been a great experience. She had gotten to spend time with a girl she barely knew from school, bought a dress to go to prom, and didn't manage to completely depress herself by thinking about her family situation. A good day, really. If the rest of her life panned out like this...she could probably really look forward to it.

"Either way, I'm glad you finally found what you were looking for." She said. "So...um...I guess that's it, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Melissa seemed surprised at the idea of someone saying "thank you", for some reason. How come? This was another question she did not know the answer to. Was it something she would like to know? Yes. Was it something that Melissa would have liked Aileen to know the answer to? Probably not. It was probably something that she wouldn't wish to share.

Wait, it was fun being with her? Aileen herself blinked as a look of befuddlement crossed her own face. No one her age really told her that. She rarely even talked to them, and when she did, it... wasn't very successful. Either it resulted in awkwardness or an argument. Their time spent together did have its share of awkward moments, but fun?!

As she looked down, her face now with a small look of embarrassment, Melissa continued talking. Well, that was true. They found what they were looking for, and that was definitely a good thing. And, well, what else was there to do? They couldn't just sit around and mill about the store talking, that was for certain. Generally, the store owners did not like that, and frankly, these ones were kind of cranky.

Though, in a way, it was fun, she had to admit...

Lifting her head, she nodded in agreement. "Unless there's anything else to be done, I think we're set", she replied.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Melissa nodded in return. "Yeah...I think we're finished here. So...I guess I'll be seeing you at school and prom, huh?"

She paused. Even with that said, things really didn't seem...finalized? There was still this awkward air hanging around them...at least for her. She wasn't sure if she wanted to leave yet or anything. Maybe she didn't want to go back home or maybe she just wanted to have more fun at the mall, but if there was no real reason to just stand around..."Let's hang out more!" didn't really seem like a good excuse for this sort of situation. After all, she had just met Aileen and to just...sever connections like that seemed rather...not right.

"Ah...hey, mind if I get your cell phone number or anything? Perhaps we can talk later or hang out." Melissa piped up, bringing out her cell phone. It was a small thing, one of those old foldable ones that were cheap and easy to use. "If you don't mind, of course. My number's uh...472-5039."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

But, they didn't seem to leave.

They were dwindling after all, huh? Dang. Aileen, you are an idiot, she thought. Then again, perhaps they felt that something needed to be done. Like... what?

Oh! She... wants her phone number? Aileen had a phone on her. But, should she give it out? What if Melissa turned out to be a prank caller? Oh wait. She gave out her own phone number too, first. Ah, so she would have to tell Melissa her phone number.

"Uh... sure, I guess" she said, placing her taking out her own phone from her bag, and inputing Melissa's phone number into the phone very quickly. "Now... here is mine. It is..."

She then placed her phone back, and took out a pen and notebook. Writing her phone number down with her full name on a blank sheet of paper, Aileen then ripped it out, and lifted it out for Melissa to take.

Wait, what was the time?! She quickly took her phone out again, and looked at the clock setting. Damn it. Time to go already? Her mom was expecting her home any time now. Yup, anytime soon. So, time to go out and head back home, then?

Flipping her phone closed, she then placed it back into her bag, lifting the box once more.

"Well... looks like I should head home. Mom's probably expecting me any time now", she said. "I guess I'll see you at school?"

And so, Aileen headed out of the store, and, soon enough, was in the elevator again.

Well, that wasn't so bad. She got a prom dress, and, oddly enough, she got it with the help of a classmate. How strange things were indeed. Aileen Borden, having a conversation with a classmate that didn't result in one person leaving in a huff.

Let's just hope prom will be fun, yes?, she thought, leaning against the side of the elevator.

((Aileen Borden continued in La ignorancia es atrevida))
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Melissa gave Aileen a silent wave as the other girl headed back to the elevators. She looked at the scrap of paper and began putting in Aileen's number, smiling a bit to herself. Not a bad day at all, really. Got herself a prom dress that wasn't too hard on her wallet and she also (hopefully) made herself another friend. She didn't really know what Aileen thought of herself, but to her, Aileen was a rather fun person to be with. Introverted, of course, but that didn't mean she wasn't an interesting girl to hang out with.

Either way, it was time for her to go home. That part...she could wait on that, but it really was getting dark and if she didn't hurry, her dad would scold her for arriving at home so late. The thought didn't dampen her spirits that much, though. Just a couple of more weeks and she would be off...hopefully to experience life as it should be.

((Melissa Li continued in dz/dt))

Return to “Level One”