Toppings

Private RP

Essentially, the first level of the Promenade could be described as the 'tween' floor. Any time after 3 PM on a school day, it's all but infested with young kids and not-quite-teenagers. Prominent stores on this floor are places like Banana Republic, Claire's, Hot Topic, and Please Mum.
chitoryu12†

Toppings

Post by chitoryu12† »

((Chris Carlson continued from Roses Without Thorns))

Chris and Sarah had to walk only a short distance to get to the shop Sarah wanted to hit. It was one just a normal clothing shop for everyone, though the women's section was sickiningly feminine. Chris was never one for places with bright, cheery colors.

"So, lets see what looks good for you," he said, hoping it wasn't a faux pas to try and give fashion tips to a girl. He thought about that for a bit, thinking she may have something in mind.

"Er, you go first," he said. "Pick one."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

((Sarah Atwell continued from Roses Without Thorns))

Sarah smiled as she sailed over to the Red Dress she had seen previously in the store and pulled it off the rack. Grinning she held it up to neck and performed a mock pose. "This dress is amazing don't you think?" she inquired.

The dress in question was a sleeveless Dori small twist trim cocktail dress which sported a spaghetti tie on the back. The price tag was a little much but Sarah in truth did have the majority of the money, she just needed $40 more to afford both this and the blue top she had her eye on earlier with the sale prices they were going at.

Hopefully Chris would be able to spot the rest for her. Sarah didn't really think she was manipulating the boy, she was just asking him a favour wasn't she? It was this thought which reaffirmed her decision to ask him for some money, but that was, of course after she had confirmation that she would look amazing in both garments.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

Chris admired the dress. He was a fan of cocktail dresses through and through for years, since he saw his friend wear one to a show he was running lights for.

"I think you would look great in that! Of course, you look great anyway, but that's kind of obvious, isn't it?" he said. Chris always complimented pretty girls, never out of any hope to get some from it. No, it was just something he did out of habit and kindness.

He moved forward to look closer at the price tag. His eyes grew slightly wider in surprise. Christ, this wasn't exactly a cheap store!

"So, do you have any other ideas?" he asked. He moved over to a similar dress, this one a slinky black number slightly longer, but more form-fitting. "I personally like this one."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

A compliment was a compliment and Sarah enjoyed the ego boost. Smiling shyly she folded the red dress over her arm. "Thanks Chris. You're not too shabby yourself, although," Sarah paused looking him up and down, "I should do your hair sometime, add a little product in and girls would love you!"

Heading over to the rack Chris stood by Sarah looked at the black dress that Chris had motioned to. Brushing past the boy she looked at the price tag. It was a size smaller and cost around about $30 less, but she had her eyes set on the red that she still had draped over her left arm. Looking between the two she beamed at Chris. "Ok I'll try both on, then we can decide yeah? Prom's coming up and this should be a great test run to see if I look better black or red."

Heading over to the change rooms she closed the door and quickly slipped out of her jeans and top, draping them over the top of the door while she slipped into the Black. She had already tried the red on and was curious herself how she would look in the more form fitting number. Aware that Chris was still outside she struck up some conversation. "So Chris, what brings you to the fashion side of the mall anyway? I didn't really take you for someone that concerned with girls clothes."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

"Thanks, Chris. You're not too shabby yourself," Sarah told him. Chris liked compliments, mainly because he didn't get them too much. "I should do your hair sometime, add a little product in and girls would love you!"

Chris would have been grateful. His hair was a burden sometimes, and the main reason he took showers in the morning instead of getting a few extra minutes of sleep was so he could get his hair flat and wet and put mousse or gel in it. He was about to point out that he DID use product when Sarah went to the dressing room, saying "Ok I'll try both on, then we can decide yeah? Prom's coming up and this should be a great test run to see if I look better black or red."

He stood outside the dressing room, thinking about prom. Well, he didn't have someone to go with, not after he had a fight with his date and they weren't speaking to each other. He didn't want to go alone either, but he had already bought his ticket, which was non-refundable.

He was snapped from these thoughts by Sarah.

"So Chris, what brings you to the fashion side of the mall anyway? I didn't really take you for someone that concerned with girls clothes," she said.

Chris snorted. He wasn't here for clothes. "Well, I didn't come over for the clothes. I was buying some flowers for my friend's birthday. She likes roses, so I thought I would get her some as a present."
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

"Awww that is sweet, are you taking her to the prom?" Sarah said as she wriggled into the form fitting dress. Looking at the mirror she conceded that it did indeed look quite good at her. Opening the change room door she smiled at Chris.

"So what do you think?" She asked, modeling the dress for a few seconds. Of course she liked it but she was stubborn and still had her heart set on the red dress that she had previously picked out. All in all however she liked trying on new clothes so it wasn't exactly something she was not enjoying.

Prom wasn't too far away and her boyfriend was out of the country at the moment, on some sort of class trip to France. She wish she could of gone with him, but truth be told she just didn't have the money at present and plus, she could always wait until the school trip to go traveling. For now however, Sarah intended to go to the prom, she was thinking in a group although due to the recent flare up of issues at home, (her dad once again forgot to wash the dishes straight after work, which sent her mum into a fit of rage, which quickly went downhill from there) she had not really given too much thought to the event despite it's impending arrival. She had, in fact, not even purchased a ticket yet, although subconsciously she must of been thinking about prom, since, there weren't really that many events which required a dress of the price and fineness that she was intent on purchasing today.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

Chris was about to answer that he wasn't taking Kelly to prom when Sarah stepped out of the dressing room booth.

Holy.....crap

Chris couldn't stop staring at Sarah. This was by far the prettiest sight he had seen all year. The girl had a perfect body, perfect face, perfect EVERYTHING. He tried not to let his jaw drop and forced his eyes to blink a few times as she modeled the slinky black number.

"I love it!" he managed to say, his eyes scanning up and down the girl's frame. He kind of snapped out of his reverie. "And no, Kelly's not going to prom," he said. "She's going to the prom at Edgewater, and that town is, what, ten miles away?"

He put his hand on his chin. "Well, I definitely like this one on you," he said thoughtfully. "You want to try that red one out?"
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

((OoC)): I live in Edgewater, that's creepy...

Sarah knew Chris was checking her out, but that had been part of the plan, and it was all in good fun. Boys would be boys and she didn't really mind. It was flattering really. Plus she *really* needed the extra forty dollars to get both this dress and the blue top.

"Ah that's too bad, prom is going to be great! I really am looking forward to it." This was, to an extent truthful, however she was looking forward to it mostly because it meant a night where her parents would both be smiling and loving without arguing for once.

Stepping back into the dressing room Sarah quickly slipped out of the black dress and put the red on. Opening the door slightly she threw the black dress at Chris and smiled shyly. "Hey could you just tie this tie at the back, I can never quite reach." She motioned to the loose spaghetti tie on the back, which didn't really need to be tied but completed the look.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

(OOC: Really? The Edgewater I'm talking about is where my best friend lives in Central Florida)

Chris really wished he could bring Kelly. He did have some feelings for her, but he was never sure if they were reciprocated. They did love each other, of course, but she always seemed unwilling to stick around for the conversation whenever she thought it would be brought up.

Ah, well. His other choice wasn't much better. She had been hanging out behind the baseball field at lunch and her step-sister lit up a joint. Ashley didn't do the stuff, of course, but when security caught them on their way back, they got searched anyways, and she had accidently left a pocket knife in her backpack. Now she was getting a GED at community college, a punishment Chris was certain she didn't deserve at all for an accident.

Sarah stepped from the dressing room, now in the red one she had been set on. "Hey, could you just tie this in the back? I can never quite reach," she asked him, turning to expose her bare back and the spaghetti tie.

Chris wasn't the best at tying, but he grabbed the string and did his best. He wasn't one to feel awkward or get excited when he got the chance to touch a girl's bare back. To be honest, he found that notion rather ridiculous. It was her back, no more and no less. It's not like he was grabbing a handful of boob.

Chris finished, doing his best to tie it in a ribbon rather than a knot. "There, done!" he said. "Personally, I find that black fits you better, but this red one is a real piece of work! What do you think?"
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah nodded happily. "I think I will stick with this one." Twirling slightly Sarah absently checked her watch. It was almost closing time and although she knew the cashiers it wasn't like they were going to keep the store open for her.

Turning back to face Chris she put on her most charming smile. "Say, Chris. I know that we're not the best of friends at school but I think I left half the money I was going to bring on my dresser this morning. I was hoping you could lend me $40 and I would definitely pay you back next week. It's just that the dress is on sale today; 50% off and I wouldn't be able to get it otherwise. It's a big favour to ask, so if you need something from me please, let me know."

Sarah's mind was racing please say yes, please say yes, I really want this dress. She had already taken a gamble and kinda needed the retail therapy because she knew, when she got home her parents would be either coldly looking at each other or yelling and throwing things. She just wanted to feel good for awhile.

Glancing down shyly she nervously scuffed the toe of her shoe on the floor. "So, would it be ok?"
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

$40?

Chris did a quick mental count of the money he had left. He had maybe $50, plus some small change and one or two singles. Could he really afford to hand almost all of his money to this girl?

He looked at her. She was looking down, her toe making patterns on the floor. She had that "adorably pathetic" look that always attracted Chris so much. He was a sucker for that kind of girl.

He put his hands in his pockets, looking down and weighing his options. Save money, or wait until next week?

After a few seconds, he threw his hands in the air. "Ah, why not?" he exclaimed. He took out his wallet and quickly pulled out a pair ot $20 bills, handing them to Sarah. "As long as you pay me back like you promised, I don't think I have any problem giving you the cash."
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah visibly brightened at the sight of the cash in Chris' hand and she internally struggled not to snatch it up.

"Thank you soooooo much! I promise I'll pay you back as soon as possible, as I said the money is on my dresser at home so I should be able to get it back to you at school pretty quick. I owe you one."

Sarah embraced Chris and gave him a quick squeeze, she quickly put the money in her bag and went to the change room to switch back to her school uniform. In her excited state the process was done in less than a minute and she carefully folded up the red dress while surreptitiously grabbing the top she was eying earlier on the way to the cash register.

"So," she said as she waited for the line to move so she could make her new purchases, "anything you are shopping for? What is happening in the world of Chris, prom's soon and I'm soooo excited now!"

Absently she played with her hair tie, slipping her hair back into a ponytail.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

Chris liked hugs. He especially liked hugs from pretty girls, but he would embrace anyone he happened to like, male or female. He didn't really SEEM like the huggy type due to his slight monotone and hard eyes, but he liked them just the same, and he warmly accepted Sarah's hug.

"So, anything you're shopping for?" Sarah asked as she tied her hair back. "What's happening in the world of Chris? Prom's soon, and I'm so excited now!"

Chris smiled slightly. "Well, I don't happen to have a date to prom, actually," he said. "I got into a fight with my date last week, so she won't be coming. In fact, I only just decided to still go yesterday." He laughed a little. "Hell, it was such short notice, I had to get my jacket out of the stage costume closet!"

He decided to turn the conversation to Sarah. "So who are you going with?"
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah frowned for a second, putting a finger on her bottom lip as she mused. "Well, my boyfriend is out of the country, zipping around Europe without me, so I'm not really sure. I might just go with a group of friends if nothing else comes up!"

She beamed again, "How sad is that! Ah well at least I'm going to look great on the night, and it's going to be fantastic." Sarah twirled around on the spot before moving forward in the line. Handing the money over the cashier quickly bagged the items and gave them back to Sarah along with the receipt.

With only a minimal amount of fuss the pair exited the clothes store still chatting amiably.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

"Ah, that sucks," Chris said. Actually, now that he thought about it, he forgot to get a new date after the little debacle with Holly. Little bitch said she wasn't going to make it serious with this dude, that he wasn't the right man for her. Then all of a sudden she practically leaps into his arms and announces that she's going to HIS prom instead, not with the loyal best friend who had bought her ticket for her. Chris got a little miffed, and as usual Holly overreacted. It would be another few months before she was on speaking terms with him again.

Chris looked over Sarah. She was pretty. And she was a girl. AND she was going with friends. Hmmm....

Dude, you just met this girl, like, five seconds ago a voice in his head said. Another one responded.

Your point?

"Damn," Chris said. "I'm not sure who I'm going with now. I haven't actually thought of anyone to ask yet."

He was planning on asking her, of course. He just didn't want to be too blatant. He was a good conversationalist.

Return to “Level One”