The Odd Couple

Private: Jon/Chase

Everything Prom-related before the actual dance takes place here: last second date-searches, time spent dressing, rendezvous with friends, and fancy limo (or, as the case may be, bus) rides to the dance are all welcome.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

So, the reason why he likes Kyon is because he reminds him of himself, right?

Huh. Made sense. Chase didn't know any characters in anything that reminded her of herself. There was probably someone, but she couldn't think of anyone. Anna Chase... was like Anna Chase, then? Probably. It was hard to pin her down sometimes. If someone had to describe her, they would have to spend a while thinking. Chase was, in a way, a character in her own right. Wait, did that make sense? It wasn't as if Jon wasn't a character in his own right, either. Now her thought process wasn't making any sense. But, when did it? After all, this was Chase here. She was pretty much the Queen of Strangeworld or something.

But wait! Now he's talking about her height again? Well, not bumping your head on things was an advantage, too! Why didn't she think of that? Apparently, she was still stuck on limbo or something. Oh well. She really needs to think about these things a bit more. Sometimes being short could be a good thing, after all. She then thought of another advantage; easier to hide if the next slasher villain comes knocking at your door. Simple.

And now, he was asking something about... movies? Yeah, movies. Well... what was the last movie she saw? Let's see now... ah! There was that movie she saw with her friends. She also watched The Shining a few days back. Now... which to bring up to him?

"Ah... I wa-watched that new sci-fi movie in theaters with friends of mine a while back. And I saw the Stanley Ku-kubrick version of The Shining the other d-day, as well. Both were good."
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

"Ah... I wa-watched that new sci-fi movie in theaters with friends of mine a while back. And I saw the Stanley Ku-kubrick version of The Shining the other d-day, as well. Both were good."

Jon nodded as he pulled into the school's parking lot, "Shining is a good movie, haven't seen the other one yet though" he said before glancing at her. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I promise" he said, smiling at her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Wait, they were there?

Huh. She had a feeling they were getting close. So, now was the time to get out and go party?

As the car pulled into the parking lot, Jon mentioned he liked The Shining, which was good. No need to get into an argument over which movie was better, after all. But, sadly he didn't get to see the new movie. Ah well. Perhaps she could tell him about it soon? Of course she could.

But, right now, it was time to play.

When the car stopped, Chase opened her door, and stepped out, almost tripping as she did. Oh, great, not only dorky, but clumsy today, too, she thought again, though this time with amusement. And, well, Jon had told her things would be fine, so she shouldn't worry. Which was reassuring, to say the least, and she meant that sincerely.

She headed towards the entrance of the prom area, with Jon hopefully nearby. Ah well. Hopefully things will go well. What could possibly happen? Well, lots of things, actually. Like if Carrie White turned out to be a student here, which was unlikely. Or if the place suddenly exploded, which was again unlikely.

Things were going so far so good, though.

((Anna Chase's prom continued in Let The Dance Begin!))
gambit508†

Post by gambit508† »

Jon parked as he opened his door, and went to open Chase's but she did herself, almost tripping as she got out. He tried to catch her, but she caught herself as she started walking towards the enterance of the school, Jon catching up with her quickly.

Jon noticed some students staring as they walked together, he questioned whether to grab her hand or not, but decided against it due to her reaction at her house. Wait, what if this was just a pity date. That would be terrible. Jon shook his head at those allegations. No, Chase liked him. He was sure of it, I mean if she was just going for pity then there was hundreds of people to choose from, like that tiny Bible nut or the folk singer.

The duo finally reached the door as the security guard glanced at them, his eyes lingering on Jon, before smiling. Jon didn't blame him, after all his school record probaly said he was a socoiopathic maniac

Oh well, at least tonight, Jon could finally show them that he wasn't the maniac or the jerk. Tonight he was simply Jon, the date of Anna Chase.

(Jon's prom contiuned in Let the Dance Begin!)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler gambit508.

Return to “Pre-Prom”