Cosmonaut

->Astronaut->Space Cadet

Located on the first floor of the school, the science wing is exactly as the name would imply. Classes for Earth Science, Chemistry, Biology, and all other types of sciences are held here. There is also a large science lab in place here, and the teacher's lounge is nearby.
Super Llama†

Cosmonaut

Post by Super Llama† »

Maria sat at her desk at the back of the room, staring intently at the test laid out in front of her. It wasn't that she was having difficulty on the test; in fact, she had already finished. She couldn't really think of any reason she's need to have the photographic memory of the periodic chart that Mr. Higgins apparently expected them to have by now, though. Wasn't that why the periodic chart was created? So that people wouldn't have to memorize a bunch of numbers and letters?

Whatever the case, she had quickly finished her test (though she probably only got about half of the answers right) and spent the last ten minutes of class meticulously drawing a doodle of Trogdor burninating a nearby countryside on the side of her paper. She suppressed a laugh as she finished it, the Trogdor theme song began to play in her head.

Trogdor was a man!
I mean...he was a dragon-man!
Or...maybe he was just a...dragon!
But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOR!

"Alright, times up." Mr. Higgins finally said from the front of the class, interrupting Maria's humming. "Be sure to hand in your tests before you leave."

"You got it Master Higgins." Maria said in response, eliciting the usual odd look from the teacher as she called him that nickname yet again. The funny thing was, he really DID look a lot like Master Higgins. It was like some kind of unfortunate, yet completely awesome coincidence. After she walked up to the front of the class and handed in her paper she returned to her desk, starting to pack up her things as she glanced around at the another students doing the same.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Saying that Sapphire McLeod wasn't the best at school could be seen as a bit of an understatement. She was surprised herself when she managed to scrape a high C on her Maths exam last year. So as per usual, she was stuck between a rock and a hard place with her subject choices for her last year of schooling. Unfortunately, she couldn't give up science, one of her pet hates.

Hate. Now there's a funny word. Who hates what? Everybody has to hate something, don't they?

Sapphire sighed. At 17, she wasn't the brightest at maths and science, and this test was proving it.

"Alright, times up." Mr. Higgins stated from the front desk.
"Be sure to hand in your tests before you leave."

Oh well. There goes my A.

She silently got up and put her test on top of the pile slowly forming.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

At the back of the class, Samantha Ridley stared down at her paper in frustration.

'God damn it,' she thought, as she eyed all the questions she had planned to go back to answer after she had finished the ones she actually knew the answers to 'God Fucking Damn It!'

She quickly filled in guesses for the remaining questions, finishing at just the last second, and sighed.

"Why did I even take this course?" she whispered to herself before making her way up through the class to hand in her test. As she added her test to the pile she sincerely hoped that she didn't fail, not just because of the trouble that would come from her having failed, but also because she simply didn't like to do that badly at something she tried to do.
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

K.....K and K, what is K? Is that Krypton? How did Superman get into this?

Tom Guthrie really hated chemistry class. When he'd heard about it when he was younger, he'd always imagined the type seen in Archie comics, with the bottles of frothing liquid that caused giant explosions when mixed together. That sort of thing seemed like it'd be great fun, except for the part where you were standing like an imbecile with your clothing blown to shreds and your face all black and charred. Not to say that was unrealistic, but as Tom realized, a mixture that actually caused an explosion would be either a bit tamer or a lot more brutal. It seemed that one could not believe everything one read in comic books.

Tapping the side of his face with his pencil, he worked the question over in his mind. He'd gotten everything finished except for this last one, and he was blanking out on it.

What's the difference between an alkali metal and an alkaline earth metal, anyway? Maybe I'll just fudge it. B or C, that's always the way. I think I'll choose...

"Alright, time's up. Be sure to hand in your tests before you leave," said Mr. Higgins, the science professor.

Crud.

Looking down at the completely unmarked multiple-choice question, Tom sighed and sent it forward, standing behind Sapphire as she brought hers up. As he dropped his off onto the swiftly growing pile of tests, he walked back and picked up his backpack, sliding his scientific calculator back into it. "Looks like another B," he muttered to himself. Suddenly, inspiration struck, and he shot back towards his teacher's desk. "Hey Mr. Higgins!" he said excitedly. "Have you heard the one about–"

"Yes, I have, Thomas." Tom had made it a regular routine to let his teachers experience his jokes, so Mr. Higgins already knew what was coming.

Unabashed by this, Tom gave a nod and said, "Oh, okay. Well, don't plagiarize it. I made it up myself, so I've got a copyright on it. It's my trademark work, you might say. Ba dum tish."

Mr. Higgins' eyes drooped back down to look at the papers he was grading. "Yes, I might. See you tomorrow, Thomas." It was a credit to the man that he barely rolled his eyes at all.

Giving a nod to the teacher, Tom walked back, picked up his bag, and said to Maria, who was doing the same, "You got that, right? The whole copyright/trademark thing? I thought it was very clever."
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Sapphire gave a small yawn while going back to her desk to pick up her bag.

"You got that, right? The whole copyright/trademark thing? I thought it was very clever." Tom said to Animal across the room.

Sapphire smiled and spoke under her breath "Don't think it works like that, Tom."

Well, at least you don't need to worry about this subject for the rest of the day.

Picking up her diary from the jumble of books inside her purple bag, she quickly flipped to the last page for the timetable.

"So, what you got next?" she directed at no-one.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

"You got that, right? The whole copyright/trademark thing? I thought it was very clever."

Maria stared at Tom as if he were talking in Swahili. Not that she had anything AGAINST people who speak Swahili, or anyone that comes from Swahili...tania...land. She'd never actually met anyone from Swahilitanialand, so she wouldn't really have a basis for such prejudice. A better description, rather, would be that she looked at Tom with a look of utter confusion.

"...I don't get it."

Ever since the start of the class Tom had always been a reliable source of anti-humor, ranging from "Oy, that's terrible." to "What? Seriously, was that a joke?" He always seemed sure of his own brilliance, though, and never let up, even though it was obvious that many of the other students just wanted him to shut up.

As she finished packing up her backpack, she got the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she was forgetting something. That feeling was pushed aside, though, when shy girl Sapphire asked them what their next classes were.

"I think I have math next." Maria answered, paying no further attention to Tom and his abysmal assaults on the world of comedy for the moment. "That Quadratic Equation's a doozy. I can't believe they expect us to memorize something that big."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Tom's right eyebrow attempted to escape his head when the people he'd asked expressed a lack of comprehension. Saying that one did not get a joke was like saying that one did not understand the message in a beautiful painting, which was probably the case.

In the future, I'd better not make my jokes so complicated. Obviously, the people at this school need a joke involving cows for them to realize it's funny. A most definite lack of soul, this bunch.

Zipping up his backpack, Tom rolled his eyes at Maria. She would figure it out eventually, and then she'd burst out laughing. It's only her fault that she didn't realize it now in order to save herself from spontaneously laughing when it wasn't appropriate.

If there's any justice, she'll laugh during Current Events. This upcoming election sure is a riot.

"Well, I'm sorry that you couldn't get it," Tom said as he hoisted his backpack over his shoulder. "Think on it. I'll give you the answer tomorrow." As he walked out the door, his feet carried him to Spanish, his next class of the day, and potentially the most entertaining. Everybody loves a joke at the expense of foreigners, except perhaps for the foreigners themselves. Luckily, most of them were too foreign to hear the jokes at their expense, because sound doesn't travel that far.

(Tom Guthrie continued in Music of the Spheres)
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Sapphire shook her head while Tom stormed out with his backpack.
"Well, I'm sorry that you couldn't get it," Tom spat out to Marie, then slid out the door.

I'll take it that he didn't do any good on that test today, either. Or just a bad day in general.

Sapphire glanced at Maria, who paid no attention to Tom from the remark, sans a small twitch.

It's not like his jokes are that bad, they're just... silly.

"Well, that was... interesting" she shrugged, unsure on what to say. She glanced at Samantha who was still slowly picking up her books and placing them into her bag, before being startled by Maria.
"I think I have math next. That Quadratic Equation's a doozy. I can't believe they expect us to memorize something that big." Maria answered.
"The exact reason why I gave up the silly thing." She glanced at her open timetable and gave a small smile. "Free then Lunch. Off to the library for me then." Freedom for a while. Bliss.
She quickly walked to the back of the room and walked through the open door, heading south towards the library, still with that small smile on her face.

Well, everything could have been a lot worse.
((Sapphire has left Cosmonaut, continued in Q&A))
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Maria waved to Sapphire as she took her leave. "See you tomorrow!" She said, picking up her backpack as she WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE FORGETTING THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT!? She felt like she was THIS close to remembering, but when it seemed like she was just about to get it, it was yanked away, like that trick you'd see in cartoons with something tied to a string, and when a character makes a grab for it the other character at the end of the string yanks it away, and the other character keeps chasing after it even though it should be obvious that something weird is going on.

Maria stood by her desk as she tried to recall it, which brought a bit of confusion from the couple of early arrivals for the next class as they wondered what this girl was doing just standing by her desk.

Let's see, it was something about someone showing up today. I think, it was...

She stopped.

Uh oh.

Without a word, she bolted out of the room, accidentally bumping into one of the early arrivals, turning around to offer a quick apology as she hurried down the hallway.

He was supposed to arrive today. Someone Maria hadn't seen in five years.

{{continued in Running Tackle}}
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Samantha hadn't been paying attention to whatever the remaining students were talking about as she walked back to her seat to retrieve her things.

"Okay, so, next up is math," she reminded myself as she walked out the door, "I should go straight there, don't want to be late again."

((Samantha Ridley continued in Watch the Sky))

((OoC: Sorry for the short post, even by my standards, but I don't really have anything else to write))

Return to “Science Department”