Burger Time

Remy and the Ishida twins; open to anyone else

It's your normal mall food court. Eateries are in place to serve the high brow and the low brow, the extravagant and the money-minding. Pizza, pasta, hamburgers, Oriental, you name it, it's here. A vast sea of tables and chairs sprawls forth from the food court, and it never seems to be empty.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Reiko seemed even more frightened by the creeper's presence, and was now clinging to him painfully. He was probably going to end up with bruises by the end of the day. Remy winced at the pain resulting from the girl's grip, and he heard her say that she did not know him, and that he needed to go away, now.

However, then the guy started talking again.

So wait, he was in her English class in 8th grade? Was that really true? What if it was? Well, why was he looking at her this entire time, while they were going out to eat dinner? Did he go "hey, cute girl in my English class, let's follow her around" or something? If he really was a stalker or something like that, how long had he been looking at them? Heck, was it even something recent?

Remy tried to remind himself that this was still paranoid thinking, but he could not help it. With Reiko digging her fingers into his side, and the nervousness that seemed to come off all three people involved, he could not help but worry.

So, what should he do? Tell him to leave? Reiko seemed to want him to disappear, at least. Could he get Reiko to calm down that way? Well, maybe he could just ask him to leave, politely but firmly, if that makes sense.

"Hey... do you mind leaving her alone? She seems..." Remy started, but did not know how to finish that sentence, partly because Reiko was still clinging to him. After a few seconds to recompose himself, he said, in the same firm voice as before "Well, she seems kind of nervous..."

Would that work? Would that make things a little better? What if he did not react that well, and continued following them around? What then? Could they call mall security?
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Reiko's grip loosened ever so slightly from Remy's side as the other boy began to talk again. Everything he was saying sounded familiar, but at the same time, she couldn't for the life of her remember. Maybe her head was worse than she thought, but her long term memory was just shot at the moment. Either way, she was starting to feel dizzy again just trying to remember. Her hand reflexively shot to her temple again, as she massaged her head lightly.

"I'm sorry... but I don't remember any of that." Reiko said quietly, turning her head to Remy. "I'm going to go sit back down."

Reiko peeled herself away from the boy, slowly but steadily working her way back to her table. The floor felt like it was shifting, but she refused to use anything to support herself, not wanting to give anyone an excuse to help her. In her slow journey back to her sister, Reiko racked her brain for what school had been like for her four years ago. Try as she might, she was getting nothing. Not a single clear memory from that time frame. She did remember she had suffered a similar blow to her head at that time when she had missed a jump in practice and hit her head on the ice.

Had those injuries finally began to catch up to her? If she had spoken with that Joe guy as much as he claimed, then surely she would have remembered. She had never really had any reason to look back into her past before that moment, so it had never occurred to her. Was she... losing her memory? Would she not remember this situation in a couple years? Would her friends and family mean nothing to her if they go off to college and she doesn't see them for long enough? Maybe she needed to think things out, be more careful. No doubt any more head injuries wouldn't be good for her.

Eventually she made it back to the spot where they had been sitting. She sat down hard, looking at her sister, who's mouth was half full of burger. Reika wanted nothing more than to ask Reiko if she was okay, or if she needed help, but the look on her sister's face told her now was not the time.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

((Sorry it took me a while. You guys kinda wrote me into a corner there. Also, sorry for the ninja edit, I needed an excuse for him to leave.))

Joe was dead silent. Reiko had just acted as if she was having a horrible migraine and walked off.

Suddenly the large Latino felt quite horrible about what he had just stumbled into.

"You're right. It would be best if I did leave," he rather solemnly told the Asian boy. He had no clue what he was mired in, but at the moment he really wanted to get out; Reiko is (or was) his friend, but clearly something beyond Joe's ken was going on here and he did not want to make the situation any worse.

He turned and began walking away slowly. He had been getting quite a bad feeling about recent events. Either something bad was already happening, or something bad was going to happen soon, he really had no clue which. The expression on his face was one of sadness.

What to do next, what to do next... god, I fucking need something to cheer myself up. Maybe spending some time at The Varsity will help, or perhaps seeing a movie... Iron Man looks good, Joe thought. His thoughts were unusually muddled because of what had just happened.

Right as he said that, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He glanced at it and noticed he had a new text, from Rose Codreanu, unsurprisingly enough.

"Hey bro! Wanna go see a movie?"

He wrote back in the affirmative and quickly got a reply.

"Cool, meet me at the parking garage, first level. ;)"

He had gotten dropped off at the mall by her, as his car (a 1997 Toyota Camry) was having engine trouble, so her wish was his command at this point, as he did not wish to be stranded at the mall.

Fortunately, strange minds think alike.

((Joe Rios continued in Running Free))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

The guy seemed upset... did they piss him off? Remy was always the type to worry about how people thought of him. It always made him feel depressed to know that someone was mad at him. Heck, oftentimes he went along with others, just to get them to like him. Remy always tried to get approval from others But... to know that this guy was upset... even if he was a creeper... well, that side of him was showing up again. But, he was scaring Reiko. Well, both of them, actually.

Then, he turned around and left, presumably to go about his own business.

Reiko also stopped clinging to him, and started wandering off to the table, saying she needed to rest. Remy nodded. "Okay, be careful..."

He watched her walk off to the table where her sister was sitting. Reiko still seemed kind of dazed, now that he thought of it. But, she would be with her sister, at least. But, was it really a good idea not to tell Reika about it? After all, she was still feeling ill. But, he had to keep his promise to her, right?

Remy was interrupted mid-thought, though, by shouting. He looked back at the KFC counter, and realized the cashier had been trying to tell him that their food was ready for god knows how long. Remy quickly uttered both an apology and a "thank you", and headed on back with the tray full of food items.

Once he got back to the table, he gently placed the tray on it. right in the center. And, after taking a seat, he tried his best to smile, though it must have came off awkwardly.

"Um... hey... food's ready?", he said.

What if he did not do the right thing? Remy seriously thought he might turn out to be a bad person, but maybe they were a little too paranoid. Who knows?
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Reiko smiled at Remy when he came back with the bucket of chicken, taking a drum stick from the top and tearing into the meat. It had been years since the Asian girl had ordered anything from KFC, which did much to make the normally barely edible chicken taste that much better. Her movements were more aggressive than normal, which didn't help Reika calm down any. She wanted more than anything to question the other two, but she knew there would be time for that later. For now, the trio would just enjoy their food.

"So Remy." Reika said while stealing a piece of chicken from their bucket. After all she had eaten before, she was still a bit hungry. "What are your plans after high school?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Remy reached to grab a piece of chicken, but Reiko had reached out and got a piece first, leaving Remy's hand to stop and flinch back for a few seconds, and once her hand moved away, he went to get a piece again. He took a bite out of the piece, and let it savor in his mouth.

Oh man... even though it was cheap fast food, he did not get it all the time, which made it have its own appeal. He usually tried to keep a good diet, so he could stay in shape for baseball. But, oh! The chicken was very firm, and slid nicely inside his mouth! And the bread crumbs cooked on made it even better! Of course, it was junk food, but also a guilty pleasure kind of food.

Once he was finished with that piece, Reika immediately grabbed a piece of chicken from the bucket for herself. Jesus, after all that food, she was still hungry? It was downright cartoony, he swore to God. But, then she asked what he was going to do after high school, as if not noticing how much she was eating.

He wanted to be in the entertainment industry. In fact, he kind of wanted to be an actor, or in some other way involved in film production. Yes, Remy was aware the industry was a hard one, but it was still a direction in his life he wanted to take. He was already making plans to go to an arts institute of some sort at some point after graduation to learn the trade a bit more, maybe take a few studies on films and how they are made, you know, that sort of thing. Heck, he sent out his applications, which should be alright, of course.

"Me... I kind of want to be in film... you know... like... um... movies..." he said. "I kind of want to be an actor, but, uh, maybe I'll be involved in the industry in some other way... I think I'm going to a school to learn film making..."

Looking back and forth between the two girls, he could see that Reiko was scarfing down a piece.

"What about you two?"
Rocky†

Post by Rocky† »

Remy answered Reika's question, saying something about getting into the film industry. Reiko wasn't completely sold on whether or not he would be cut out for such a high stress job, seeing as he practically panicked not a moment ago. Okay, so she kind of sprung it on him, but still, any actor worth his salt would be able to adapt to the situation at hand. Reiko didn't say any of this of course, in case Remy took it the wrong way.

"That's so great!" Reika exclaimed, sounding genuinely excited for the boy. "I'm sure you would do great in that. Just work for it, and anything is possible, right?" Reiko couldn't help but roll her eyes slightly at her sister's enthusiasm. Then Remy asked what they planned on doing after high school. Reiko nodded to her sister, giving her the okay to answer first.

"Well...." Reika started. "I've noticed there's a real shortage of good music teachers at Bayview, and it made me wonder why. I mean, music is essential in everyone's life, so why aren't we teaching it in school like we do say, History or Math? So I want to become a music teacher, and bring the wonder and joy of music into the lives of our children, you know?" Reika always had a look of excitement when talking about the future. She had been teaching private music lessons since she was about 14, as well as tutoring various kids both at the elementary and high school levels. They say everyone has that one passion in their life that they were meant to do. As good of a piano player that Reika was, and she was one of the best in her age group, her real passion lay in teaching others. Reiko on the other hand...

"My dream is to go to the Olympics." Reiko said once her sister had finished. "I came close to qualifying for the 2010 Winter games a couple years ago, and as it stands, if one of the two people who beat me at the qualifiers a couple years ago can't go, then I'm next in line. That doesn't mean I want one of them to get hurt mind you.... but it'd be nice. After that, I dunno, I guess I could turn pro maybe, or try my hand at extreme sports." Although not quite at the level of Reika's excitement, once again you could tell from the energy emanating from the girl that she was very passionate about what she was talking about. Grabbing another piece of chicken from the bucket, Reiko waited for the inevitable reaction from the boy.

((Reika Ishida continued in Dream a Dream))
((Reiko Ishida continued in Promase))
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Reika had immediately acted enthusiastic, saying that he could do it if he wanted to. Remy smiled and nodded. People were always telling him he was the shy type, and should not be a drama geek. In a way, it was true; he had always been socially awkward. But, whenever he got on stage, he felt like he could be a whole other person for a while. All of his worries would be left behind for a bit, and he would be in the viewpoint of another person. It was also interesting to see how each actor could bring a story to life. In a way, each person, including the people not on stage and working behind the scenes, did their part to make the story real. One just had to see and experience it to see what he meant whenever he said that.

Reika had started on how there were few music teachers at Bayview, and how she wanted to become one, so that more children could understand music. It sounded reasonable enough, actually. Remy did not know anything about any sort of musical instrument, but sometimes he could see the band class practicing in the drama room.

Meanwhile, Reiko had said she wanted to be an Olympic ice skater. She was really pursuing that dream, huh? It made sense. Heck, she was well-known around the school for it. Why not pursue a career in it? Made sense to him, at least.

Remy smiled, and the look was genuine. They all had dreams... and it was, of course a good thing.

So, then he said "Well, I hope we can do what we want with our lives, right? I mean, we all have goals, and..."

He trailed off.

"I'm sorry, that sounded kind of cheesy, I have to admit."

After a pause, he reached over to the bucket of food, and started on another piece.

Once the chicken was almost gone, he received a call on his cellphone.

"Ah... I'm sorry..."

He stood up, took a few steps away from the table so he wouldn't bother the two, and answered the phone. After a bit of conversation, the call ended, and Remy put the phone back in his pocket.

As he went back to the table, he started talking to the two twins again.

"I have to go now. That was my mom..."

Remy smiled, a genuine expression of happiness.

"It was nice meeting you two. Reiko... thanks. And thanks, you two, for letting me eat with you."

And Remy started walking away, smiling. They seemed like nice people. Sure, Reiko was kind of bossy, but it kind of helped when teaching people how to ice skate. Maybe he will get to talk to them again in the future.

He turned around, and waved goodbye.

((Remy Kim continued in v4 island))

Return to “The Food Court”