Ego Sum Volo Futurus

private between me and faceinabook

It's your normal mall food court. Eateries are in place to serve the high brow and the low brow, the extravagant and the money-minding. Pizza, pasta, hamburgers, Oriental, you name it, it's here. A vast sea of tables and chairs sprawls forth from the food court, and it never seems to be empty.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

Erik didn't answer right away, mind still mulling over whether or not he'd be able to go. His knee-jerk reaction was 'no', just because - he had work to do, with exams coming up he needed to study his ass off and bother Kim until shee studied her ass off. And he didn't know Brendan that well, didn't know what kind of people he hung out with...

But after a couple of moments, he shook himself. That was ridiculous. It was his last year of school, the last time he'd see a lot of these people, and he could always study later. He hadn't been to a good movie in a while. And a good movie plus good company...well, it sounded like a winning scenario.

So he flashed Brendan a wide grin, then drained the last of the tea. "Sure, I'd love to. Sounds awesome."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Sure, I'd love to. Sounds awesome."

Brendan smiled as Erik confirmed. Voice dropped from soprano back to his normal baritone. He wasn't really pre-occupied with that, though. He finally had plans! To leave the house more than once a week besides school!

"Okay then, well, we're going on Sunday, at about 6:30 at night, it starts around 7, and..." Brendan took out the notepad and pen he had pocketed from before, and scribbled down a few almost unreadable numbers, before shaking his head, scribbling them out, and writing them again "If you want anymore details or anything, like how much the movie is or something like that, here's my home and mobile. My mobile's not usually on, so home would be your best bet for most of the time". He ripped out the page, and handed it over to Erik.

It wasn't that visible on his face, but he was happy. Very happy.

But then his mind hit a blank. He said he was going with friends. That statement was pretty much best suited for the kind of people who had friends. All he had were acquaintances at best. He knew a few people from writers corner, but he never got that friendly with any of them. They would only know him on recognition, at least. How about the guys and gals from Premature Emasculation? No, he wasn't really a friend of those guys either. He was simply a drone who just worked the lights for them. He planned on getting more friendly with them, but he was still plucking up courage. So who did he know that would probably want to go see that sci-fi horror movie with him?

A long shot came to mind immediately. That Chase chick. He had been talking to her a bit after they met in the cafeteria, and she seemed really nice. A little out of it, but nice, all the same. His thoughts of how good a friend they would be seemed to be a little out of touch from reality, but...she was one of the nicest people he had met in America, even if that girl she was friends with looked like a nearly exact opposite. Maybe that was how friendships worked. Opposites attract? Well, he could check with her, and then try the band. Yep, that could work. Definitely.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

Erik accepted the paper, glancing at it for a moment before shoving it into a pocket, deep enough so that it wouldn't fall out (hopefully). The time sounded totally workable, and he figured it'd do good to get out with the people from school a little more often. Not that he was antisocial, far from it, but still. This would be the last time he'd see a lot of them.

"I'll probably call just to confirm things, but that sounds like a plan." He smiled again, absent-mindedly twisting the thread bracelets on his arm. "Who're we going with?"

((ooc: I am so so so so so so so so sorry >.< never again, I swear))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Oh great, he asked. Well, here we go, time to lie again. I don't like lying, but it's something I gotta do now, cause I already lied myself into this one hole already, and lies upon lies are just gonna dig me deeper. So I'll just say it. I'm not going with anyone, I just wanted to ask you out, but I was too nervous too.

"Um...you know Anna Chase? Short, black hair? Well, I'm going with her, and one of her friends she invited along; name's Lexie Logan-Price. You know either of them?"

There it was, dug in deeper, two people he had to become BFF's or whatever it was these days with in the next week. Really, he'd work it out, his mind already started ticking into motion. Alright, what would he need to do? Okay, first, phone Chase, and hope she was free. Then, ask her if she could invite Lexie as well, if not instead of if she's busy.

Well, plan's ready, I could probably ask to use the phone before closing time.

((Don't sweat it, I've been busy as well))
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

It took him a moment to call up the faces in his mind, and he still wasn't entirely sure about Anna Chase - there were a couple of Annas in the class - but Lexie he knew. They'd never exactly been close, but never actively disliked each other, so that wouldn't be too bad. Anyway, again, this would be the last time he'd really see a lot of his classmates before they all graduated and went their separate ways.

He stood up, stretching to his full height for a second before returning to his customary position of hunching his shoulders. "Sounds great to me," he said, offering Brandon another cheerful grin. "Anyway, I've gotta get going - need to pick a present for my dad's birthday. I'll see you around, yeah?"

Without waiting for an answer he flicked a half-finger salute at the shorter boy and moseyed off, happy to have plans.

((Erik Laurin continued in Love Means What it Means))
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

As Erik walked off, Brendan sprinted around the back of the shop, almost knocking over Ellie in the process.
"Sorry!" Brendan said as he whisked around to the back room, where everyone dropped their things before work, and scrounged around until he found his bag, and his cell phone. He quickly flicked through the list of recipients, and found 'Chase, Anna' near the top. Well, at the top. He dialled the number, and the dial tone immediatly started up.

Brendan Wallace: "Come on, come on..."
Anna Chase: *grab phone*
Anna Chase: "H-hello?"
Brendan Wallace: "Oh, hi Chase, it's me!...Brendan."
Anna Chase: "Brendan! Hey! How's it going?"
Brendan Wallace: "Good, it's going good."
Brendan Wallace: "Listen, I can't thank you enough for telling me about this job."
Brendan Wallace: "At the cafe I mean..."
Anna Chase: "You're welcome! Is it going good?"
Brendan Wallace: "Um...yeah it's good. How's your life goin?"
Anna Chase: "... Well. Kind of stressful. End of high s-school, you know? *awkward laugh*
Brendan Wallace: "Yeah prom, exams, trip, everythin...*awkward laugh as well, then sigh*"
Anna Chase: "Jack In The Box is still being e-evil."
Brendan Wallace thinks about if he should check out the Jack-in-the-Box
Brendan Wallace: "Well, anyway, I called because...I was wandering something."
Brendan Wallace: "I mean Wondering!"
Anna Chase: "... Is something wrong?" *worried voice*
Brendan Wallace: "Um...yeah well, I was in the process of asking someone out...as a friend, I mean...and I told him that I had friends to go with, and the first name that happened to pop to mind was...you."
Anna Chase: "Really? So you want to... er... have someone h-hel-help you out for the whole thing?"
Brendan Wallace: "Well, I'm going to the cinemas with them, to see that new sci-fi horror flick, and well...you and Lexie were the first names I spat out. Wasn't the best plan, but I was wondering if you had plans around Sunday night?"
Anna Chase: "Not at all. Don't know about Lexie, but I don't have any plans so far. I... I could probably come."
Brendan Wallace: "Well...great. If you could ask Lexie, I don't actually have her number..."
Anna Chase: "I could contact her once the call is over."
Brendan Wallace: "Great, that's great! His name is Erik Laurin, you know him?"
Brendan Wallace thinks "Crap, why did I say that?"
Anna Chase: "E-erik? Name kinda sorta rings a bell. Probably never talked to him that much..."
Brendan Wallace: "Well, it's not like everyone knows everyone around here."
Anna Chase: "True true! But it's nice to get to know new people, r-right?"
Brendan Wallace: "Right."
Brendan Wallace: *awkward pause*
Brendan Wallace: "So...you'll call Lexie, it'll be great to get off on the wrong foot with her all over again. At least it probably won't be like in English, remember that?"
Anna Chase: "Don't worry, I'll call her ASAP."
Brendan Wallace: "Great, that's great"
Brendan Wallace thinks "Stop saying great, asshole"
Brendan Wallace: "So, I'll see you at school then?"
Anna Chase: "Sure! I hope things will go well on Sunday."
Brendan Wallace: "Gr-Okay, well, bye Chase!"
Anna Chase: Bye bye!"
Brendan Wallace: *click*

7:00. Sweet merciful 7:00 was when Brendan stepped out of the cafe. As he strode through the food court, out of the promenade, and down the streets as the sun was giving its last glimpse of Saint Paul, Minnesota, he was glad that he had taken the initiative of asking Erik out. Well, technically it wasn't asking Erik out, it was more of a...well, Brendan really didn't know what to call it. He never bothered doing it before.

Overthinking things is what makes you nervous, Brendan. If you can't relax, just enjoy the moment at which you finally crossed that little line between "taboo" and "mystery". If not, relax, it's easy. Two words. Re. Lax. Relax...wait...

((Brendan Wallace continued in Love Means What it Means))
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!

Return to “The Food Court”