9 Out of 10 Students Say Statistics Sucks

No, not really.

The mathematics wing is located on the second story of the school building and houses all the school's math classes, from beginner's algebra to advanced calculus.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Hey, ElTejon, this thread is actually taking place during statistics class, not after school. It's be great if you either edited your post so it fits with the rest of the thread, or started a new thread for the after-school scene.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Eiko glanced back when the sensei called attention to the second specific person in the classroom. It looked like Teller had been caught off guard, failing to pay attention to the lesson.

She felt for him, really, but it was an embarrassment of his own making. Maybe if he'd been in the habit of taking notes and concentrating for a short period of time, he wouldn't risk the sensei's gaze. Then again, it was nearing the end of the year and the lesson was somewhat more difficult than average...

Very well. Eiko took care to write, in extra-large handwriting, the current topic of discussion. It still wasn't at the right angle for Teller to see it, so she decided to tilt her notebook up, making it harder for Hansen to look at her notebook. If Teller wasn't clever enough to see what Eiko was doing, then he'd have to live with whatever sensei did, perhaps even learn an important lesson from it.

((Eiko Haraguchi continued in A Dish Best Served Apprehensive))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Annaliese cringed in sympathy as Mr. Sanchez called out Iggy for being a space case. Being called onto the red carpet by teachers was definitely something she was NOT going to miss once she went off to college. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Eiko move her notebook so that it was no longer possible to read it.

Clicking her tongue in irritation, Annaliese briefly considered flicking spitwads at Eiko but that would be a waste of paper, not environmentally sound, and bad karma. Besides, her horoscope had warned her that others would try to be obstacles on her path to success today. She would just follow the astrologer's advice for today and stay focused on her goals. And right now, her goal was salvaging this period.

Eiko thought she had everyone fooled, but Annaliese knew better. Eiko was not a team player. She acted like sharing her notes with people was like the same as if people tried to copy off her test. Like the Japanese government's show of partially adhering to international whaling law while continually violating quotas and bans, Eiko acted like the model student but really was only looking out for herself. Everything had to be a competition, a way of showing how superior Eiko was to her classmates.

Sucking her teeth in irritation, Annaliese raised her hand and began to wave her arm like a flag in a hurricane. "Mr. Sanchez! Mr. Sanchez? Could you please explain how you got that? The part about the variance? When I did mine, I got a different answer." Save Iggy and get the help I need. Two fold solution. Score one for me.
Watuhboy†

Post by Watuhboy† »

Ignatian felt the heat in his cheeks start to slowly leech away as Mr. Sanchez turned to Annaliese to answer her question. 'Dodged a bullet there, gotta focus.' He thought to himself as he turned back to his books.

Waiting for the teacher's back to be turned, Ignatian caught Annaliese's eye and mouthed an exaggerated "thank you" to his savior. 'Maybe calling attention to yourself isn't always a bad thing.' He thought to himself, and returned to scribbling down notes in his open book. He smiled slightly. 'I'll have to remember that for later.'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Watuhboy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

((Dead thread is dead, so I'm bailing. It only took me two months.))

Annaliese tilted her head towards Iggy, letting him know s'okay, dude. I got your back.

The rest of class was uneventful. Mr. Sanchez drones on and on about outliers and means and other statistical crap or something. Annaliese stopped paying attention. Instead, she began doodling in the margins of her notes.

First a little stick man. Then the little stick man was riding in a plane. Then the little stick man was putting on a parachute and jumping out of the plane, which banked and disappeared into the distance. Then the little stick man was pulling the rip cord, only when his 'chute opened, laundry came fluttering out instead of a parachute. "Poor little stick dude. Sucks to be you," she murmured as she added little speed lines to the drawing.

Sticking the corner of her tongue out of her lips while she concentrated on drawing little consumate v birds in the background, the blaring ring of the bell startled her. Her hand jerked, and one of the birds turned into a fellow skydiver. "Better get your cell and call the tower, my friend," she ordered the second diver as she capped her pen. "As for me, I'm gonna blow this popsicle stand." As she stood, her stomache rumbled. "Maybe it's time to hit the food court at the mall."

((Annaliese Hansen continued in Down the back of the building))

Return to “Math Wing”