Food For Thought

YUM! Math!

The cafetorium is a combination cafeteria and auditorium. There's enough space for chairs to arranged to view any kind of assembly or speaking arrangement, but during the day it also acts as a cafeteria, complete with angry lunch ladies and poor food. Vending machines are scattered throughout the place, but this is generally the social centre of the school.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Chase kind of perked up at the brief mention of anime. Ah, something she could discuss with him! Apparently they had that in common, right? And if they had something in common, they'd have something to connect with. And if they had something that could be connected with, they could be on good terms, right?

However, he had asked about what people do here. Well, she could wait to ask him about anime. It wasn't the end of the world if she couldn't discuss it with him right now. Lunch had just started, after all. Perhaps if he brought it up again?

Lexie was now rattling off the basics of what other students did in their spare time; mall, bowling alley, house parties, cinema-

Wait, house parties? Chase didn't know whether to put her hand to her face or start laughing again. After all, she just encouraged Brendan to find a rich kid's house and start drinking the minute they had a party. It was kind of funny, in a way. But, it was probably serious. Probably? Actually, most likely. Still though, it was still funny in its own little way.

At this point, Lexie gave her a look that said that she should say something, and then Chase opened her mouth again.

"Ah... the mall has plenty of fun stuff. There's a huge ice skating rink, you see. I've only been there once, but it's really big, and they have classes. They also have pretty much every store you can possibly dream up, too. And then the Cinema... has nice snacks. Haven't been there in a while, though. And then there's the Varsity. Haven't been there, but apparently it's a sports lounge. And... uh... St. Paul has a lotta fun places, so there are a lot of places you can find. Those are the main hangouts among the... student body base, though. Heh."

After a few seconds pause from her, she tilted her head down again, only to raise it again. Wait, she had other food besides the juice, too! She should be eating that... or else she will forget, and who knows what will happen once she got home and found it? It might be all smushed up, for example.

Pulling out a small container of yogurt from her bag, she ripped off the cover, and started sticking a plastic spoon in. She always had yogurt for lunch, instead of a sandwich. A little non-traditional, but Chase liked it. After sticking the spoon in her mouth, she left it hanging there, as she listened for further conversation.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

(OOC: Sorry it's a little late. Just got back from the hospital. Had a heatstroke. Everything may seem a bit scattered. By the way, I'll be away 'till the 13th of November)

Brendan saw Anna perk up at the brief mention of anime. He was good at using this to make friends at home, mentioning things that may peak a person or two's interest. Apparently this one was an anime fangirl. Now he just had to figure out what kind. Yaoi Hentai? Yuri Hentai? Non-Hentai? Kiddy stuff? Lexie had started speaking again, so Brendan turned back to her.
"First off, there's the mall enough said-"
Brendan's lip curled at the mention of a mall.
The mall. A place where individualism and inner self go to die at the cheapest prices..

"After that this is a normal boring town I guess, there's this joint called All-Star Bowling where I get worked like a dog from 6 to 10 from Monday to Thursday. I guess it's okay, but the owners a real dipshit, all obsessed with keeping the place spic-and-span and he's always on my tail because I look like trouble."
"You don't look like that much trouble," Brendan commented. The pink bangs reminded him of a character on a TV show that just escaped memory.

"After that I guess, is to circulate more, try and get into the rich and or popular kids good books".
Brendan's eyes perked up at the mention of the popular crowd. He wanted to say something, but she was still talking-
"I try to be friends with everyone and that's gotten me into a few sweet sixteens a few years back. Oh, and normally every week or so one of the rich kids parents goes out on a second honeymoon or to attend to some artsy fartsy business meeting in the city. All I can say is house party, if you do get invited be an early bird, the booze runs out pretty quickly."
Brendan finally got a chance to talk.
"...Uh...Yeah, I'm not really sure that I would like to be near those people," Brendan took another bite of his roll. After chewing and swallowing it, he continued "I used to go to a Private school, where everyone was a rich popular kid. Their favorite job was to pick on people like me, and they would all just think the whole world was about them. And from what I've seen on TV, American rich kids are worse," Brendan took a big bite of the the roll, and swallowed it immediately without chewing. Feeling the lump go down his throat, he continued "And as for alchohol, I come from the probably the most violently drunk country in the world, second only to probably England or something, and I've seen the effects it has on people, and friendships, and...families..." Brendan trailed off, looking down, away from both the girl's eyes.

He faced back to them again, and started speaking again.
"Sorry, I went a bit off track there, didn't I?"
Brendan realised that Lexie was looking at Anna, and she started speaking as well
"Ah... the mall has plenty of fun stuff. There's a huge ice skating rink, you see. I've only been there once, but it's really big, and they have classes. They also have pretty much every store you can possibly dream up, too. And then the Cinema... has nice snacks. Haven't been there in a while, though. And then there's the Varsity. Haven't been there, but apparently it's a sports lounge. And... uh... St. Paul has a lotta fun places, so there are a lot of places you can find. Those are the main hangouts among the... student body base, though. Heh."
"Really? Everything?"
Brendan paused for a moment, thinking. All of his games, DVD's, and most of his computer stuff had been deemed useless due to the region change, and so he had to watch his favourite shows, like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Cowboy Bebop, over the internet. He turned back his attention to trying to win Anna over. Not in the romantic lovers way, but in the 'let's be friends' way.
"Is there a movie store? All my old DVD's no longer work here..." Brendan was hoping, just hoping to find a connection with this girl. He had only met her a few minutes ago, but he felt he needed a real friend. Sure he could make a whole group of friends who all loved everything to death, but...it just seemed right to have one true friend. Maybe this was the one.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

He had acted the tiniest bit smug when she had talked about the mall, but when she remarked about All-Star bowling and how her boss was always keeping an eye on her. He had simply said: "You don't look like that much trouble," Was he trying to flirt with her? Or was he just trying to get a word in?

"...Uh...Yeah, I'm not really sure that I would like to be near those people,"

There's nothing too bad about popular kids, or rich ones, it just means they have money and friends really. Unless they went all Carrie on you, then I don't see what's wrong with it. Lexie thought, leaning fowards onto the table, propping her head up with the palms of her hands. Brendan started talking again, real mopey. Although it wasn't exactly more than three minutes since she had met him, this patch of the conversation was pretty dismal. Brendan was being a little angsty, in Lexie's own opinion. Lexie looked back towards Chase as Brendan said something else that she couldn't really make out over the hubbub of the cafetorium.

Chase was talking now, rather cheerfully too, which was a pleasant change from Brendan's somewhat soul sucking drone that had occured moments before although he had apologised. Lexie smiled and closed her eyes, she could always rely on Chase for being optimistic even though she worked in Jack-In-The-Box, which was probably even worse than All-Star Bowling. Lexie toyed with her crucifix earring again, she knew the conversation was going to shift back in Chase's direction now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KelleyA. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Hope you feel better soon, Incrobe. D:))

Chase noticed that Brendan seemed... kind of down when discussing the house parties. It seemed as if he was the kind of person who got picked on, and didn't like the idea of alcohol, based on what it could do to people. It could be something personal, or something not. Chase felt she shouldn't ask, though, as maybe it was based on things hard to talk about. Even if it wasn't, it was better to be on the safe side, right? Maybe if the topic came up again, but only maybe...

And now she was being asked about if there was a film store. Apparently, Brendan's DVDs didn't work anymore. Well, of course there was! It really did have everything that sprung to mind. So, why not tell him? He should be able to watch movies too. After all, everyone had a favorite movie, that they had to watch over and over. Everyone, regardless of who they were. It didn't matter, most people were the same, in many ways. At least, so she thought.

Ripping the spoon out of her mouth, she spoke again, while trying to keep a smile.

"Of course! It's a nice one, too. They have a good collection of movies, anime, music, you name it. It's awesome, really."

Ah, the video store. Chase mostly used rentals and online viewing, but in the past she used to like to go there. She hadn't been in a while, due to various circumstances, but it... was pretty nice. Chase had gotten a few anime DVDs from there in the past, actually. Fairly decent, working DVDs, too, and brand new, at a good price as far as they went. So, yeah. It was a nice store, in many ways. Pretty much every way she could think of, actually.

"So, there is one. Plenty of good food court stuff, too. Think of something, and they have it at the mall. Anything! It's there!"

Chase found herself smiling for real this time, as she scooped up another bite of yogurt. Somehow, just saying that kind of made her feel a bit more cheerful, for some reason. Perhaps she was just in a good mood today? Probably. Most likely, actually. It had been a while since she was truly in a good mood, really.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

(OOC: I'm back, baby.)

"So, there is one. Plenty of good food court stuff, too. Think of something, and they have it at the mall. Anything! It's there!"
Oh goody, this conversation is going the way of an advertisement. Need to change the subject.
"Yeah, it sounds like it..." Brendan trailed off, and an awkward silence followed.
Brendan sat there for a few seconds, when he figured out another conversation starter.
"So.......................................... Doyouhaveajob?"
Brendan realized his mistake, and started again.
"Gomennasai; I meant, uh, yeah, so, I'm looking for a job, and I haven't had much luck. So, is there anywhere in St. Paul hiring, like anywhere you know?"
Brendan slipped in the japanese word just to see where she would go with that. Would she go all Cucko-Lander again, or would she think he's a freak? Did she even know what that meant?
No, I've known her for about, what, 15 minutes? She's not a bitch, and the same can be said for Lexie over there!
Brendan glanced over in Lexie's direction; she had her eyes closed, and was toying with that gaudy crucifix on her ear. Before she possibly had a chance of opening her eyes, he looked back at Chase.
You know, for someone so short, you sure are pretty cute. Did I say that out loud? No, this is an inner monologue.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

"Gomennasai" Brendan said, before following it up with something about a job.

Lexie cracked up inside, maybe it was just the fact his Australian accent speaking in broken Chinese, Japanese or Thai or whatever, was simply hilarious. She had been containing herself for a small while now, but enough was enough already. SNAAAAAAARK

She had gone to laugh, but sucked all the air back in at the same time, hawking oxygen through her nose, making her nostrils hiss and her throat rattle. She sounded like a pig had just been zapped with a stungun. Her eyes bulged, rolling around in their sockets to see if anybody was looking at her. Her cheeks would of flushed red, if they weren't hidden under hefty smears of concealer and foundation. Omigod...Kay, lets be discrete, just say you remembered something funny or something...Oh fucking hell, improvise you dumb bitch!

((Forgot to say get well soon lol, but it's too late now really :S))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KelleyA. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

A pause.

Uh oh. Did she screw up?

Looked like it. After all, the silence was... awkward, to say the least. It was as if she had declared that she killed women and kept them in her closet after she was done, or something. Chase's smile faded into a small, somewhat guilty expression.

At that moment, though, Brendan asked another question. Something about... jobs. And there was also a hint of Japanese there, as well. Why there was Japanese, Chase wasn't sure.

"Job?"

Chase's lips turned into a small frown.

"I... really don't recommend working at mine. I swear to god, if they decided to add another circle of Hell, Jack-in-the-Box would be it. I mean, that's not a job, that's something that..."

A pause. She was ranting about that place again, wasn't she? Dang, she really needed to stop herself each time someone mentioned her work. But, it was the truth. She worked at Jack-in-the-Box, and she probably will for a while longer. Better not to rant about it in front of others like that, though.

"... Yeah. I really don't recommend working at mine. It's the devil. Heh heh..."

Trying her best to smile again after that... little episode, her mind went through other options.

"Well, I believe the l-little coffee shop across from the J-Jack-in-the-Box I work at is hiring, though. I'm sure that if you send out a resume, they might h-hire you."

Opening the notebook in front of her, she flipped to a completely blank page, and wrote down the name and other details that she could remember. After a few seconds, Chase ripped out the page, and held it out for him to take.

However, she heard a small sound, and turned her gaze to the source. Lexie looked as if... as if... she was choking?! Chase prayed to god that she wasn't choking. She only knew the basic facts about the Heimlich maneuver, but could she really be trusted in performing it?

One thing was certain, though, was that Chase was freezing up. She had no idea what to do in the case she was. Heck, Chase didn't want to lose Lexie, not like this!

However, after a few seconds, she realized that she wasn't choking. Rather, she was... laughing?! It just sounded like something else for a few beats, is all. But, what is there to laugh about finding a job? He was looking for one, and thought of where he could go. Simple, really. Where was the humor in that? Everyone had to have a job eventually, even if it was at cruddy Jack-in-the-Boxes.

After a few seconds of staring at her, she made a face that looked... somewhat surprised.

"What's so funny? Is... is there a j-job story you want to share?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"I... really don't recommend working at mine. I swear to god, if they decided to add another circle of Hell, Jack-in-the-Box would be it. I mean, that's not a job, that's something that..."
"Oh yeah, I heard about that place. My condolences".
What the hell is a Jack-in-the-Box?
"... Yeah. I really don't recommend working at mine. It's the devil. Heh heh..."
Anna flashed Brendan a smile; a rather forced one, in Brendan's opinion, but he didn't know enough about smiles to tell.

"Well, I believe the l-little coffee shop across from the J-Jack-in-the-Box I work at is hiring, though. I'm sure that if you send out a resume, they might h-hire you."
Before Brendan knew it, Chase had written out a list of details. Name, address, owner name, opening hours, the like...Brendan decided to speak up at this point. Provide exposition, as one might say.
"Great! My parents used to own a coffee shop. Do you reckon that would help?"
Before either of them could get a word in, Lexie made a horrendous sound, which in Brendan's opinion sounded like an adult walrus being gutted. He looked at her, and she looked like she had just stopped a laugh. Brendan looked peculiarly at her. What could possibly have happened to make her emit such a noise?

Brendan realized what had happened. He was 100% officially Australian, and he had just uttered out an obscure Japanese word, while still keeping the accent. That would make anyone laugh. Brendan didn't need to make her think that it was her fault, so he kept his mouth shut.

"Deep breathes, Lexie, deep breathes, we can't have you die on us," Brendan said humourously. She obviously wasn't choking, but he wasn't sure if she got that through his tone of speaking. He hoped she did.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

"Deep breathes, Lexie, deep breathes, we can't have you die on us," Brendan said, trying to be funny.

Lexie bit her bottom lip, and her eyelids seemed to crease. Even though it was just one little slip up, it really got under her skin when people tried to be funner, and failed. One hand slid down her face and palmed the table as she leant fowards, the other cupped her cheek as she stared at Brendan a moment, before turning to Chase. All urges to laugh or as of a few seconds ago, frown simiply evaporated.

Chase had stuttered. Although they were friends, Lexie was never sure if Chase had a speech impediment or not, she never really thought about it. Conversation had been fine earlier, but now that things were starting to strain...Oh god, I'm not helping at all? She's nervous duh.

Lexie smiled, closing her eyes, before opening them up again, wide and glassy. "Nah, It's nothing I just remembered something super-mega-hilarious I heard earlier, forget I did a thing."

Jeez, all my job stories include serving soda to bratty kids, handling stinky shoes and crouching in the alley hoping the boss won't see me if I take a smoke on my break. And every so often some idiot bowls two balls at once jamming the machine, and who has to risk breaking their neck heading down the lanes to get them back? Me, because petite has to mean that I'm fucking light on my toes like some ninja or alley cat.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Chase stared at Lexie, with an eyebrow raised. What was it exactly she remembered? It couldn't have had anything to do with the current conversation, could it? There was nothing funny about trying to find a job, after all. Unless it was for clowns. But, that could be more frightening than funny for some people, due to coulrophobia. But, even if it were for clowns, she didn't see the humor. But, then again, maybe it was an event involving job-searching that she just recalled.

Or maybe she was remembering something that Chase did or said, like trip over a rock, or said a comment that somehow made everyone laugh, and no one would explain why they're laughing. God, she hated those moments. So embarrassing! Or maybe... Chase had something on her face, and Lexie didn't want to tell her? She instinctively moved her hand up to her face, to check to see if she had yogurt on the corner or her mouth or something. But, upon moving it away, she saw nothing. Huh. That couldn't have been it, then.

Brendan had made a comment about Lexie choking, and how she should breathe. In a way, it kind of made her feel even more stupid, due to the fact that she had seriously thought Lexie was choking, and that he was using it as a joke, even if he didn't know that she had that thought for a couple of seconds. Chase almost put her head down in shame, but... things had to go on normally. Lexie said to forget it, after all. Still didn't make it somewhat embarrassing, after all. Thank goodness she didn't actually say something about it, eh?

"Anyways..." she found herself starting.

And now she remembered Brendan had said something else. Apparently his parents used to own a coffee shop of their own? Huh! That could definitely help! After all, if he needed help on something, he could ask his parents for advice! Or maybe they could help out the owner a bit if any help was needed in that area, too? Overall, it would help.

"Of course! I bet if you needed to know something, they could help you with whatever was the matter" Chase mentioned, trying to get back on track after that... little moment.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Well that's great!" Brendan said, following up.
Well would you look at that, another conversation that ended in nothing. Time for conversation starter v3.0.
Brendan was about to open his mouth, when he realised there was nothing to say. He had got his point across, everyone had their share of the limelight, and everyone was now friends. He couldn't imagine it going any better.

Brendan reached into his bag and pulled out his day planner. It was a big book he had started to purchase every year when he was still in the early years of Australian High School to put all of his homework and assignments in.
"Lemme just right down this information," Brendan said. After flicking to the contacts page, taking a pen out of his bag as well, and writing down all the details of the cafe from the piece of paper Chase gave him, he checked over his assignment page. There were three assignments left in the whole year for him. Two were due in 3 weeks, and one was due tomorrow: his English Short Story; 10,000 words, and the whole year to work on it. He had originally based it upon an AWESOME book he read (Battle Royale) but found it was a little to...plagiaristic. He then wrote another one about the essence of life and death, and the immortality of the soul. To talk about sounded really cliche, so he just got people to read it. He posted it online, and everyone found it awesome. 50% of the people who reviewed it said it should be published work.

Brendan smiled, remembering all the hard hours and long nights put into this. Never in his life was he more proud of a work that he created. Granted, most of his work was mostly slashfics and...stuff.
He pulled up the bag to put his stuff back in, not taking into account how heavy it would be; it flew over the seat, and crashed down behind him. It was open, so all his books, his textbooks, and the insides of his pencil-case spread all over the floor.
"Aw, son of a-" Brendan grumbled, as he got down on the floor to pick up all his things.
Just my luck. Brendan, you now look like an idiot.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

Brendan appeared to look like he was gearing up to say something, but it never quite left his mouth. Lexie gave a smile, not a genuine one, just the sort of weak smile that said 'whatever, I don't have anything to say.' kind of like lol in instant messaging. Lexie had zoned out, Chase and Brendan had been talking about Starbucks or Grandparents or something, and Lexie didn't feel like jumping in and saying anything. It felt like time had passed extra fast or something, Brendan had said something and was now getting his bag out as if to get ready to head to class. Lexie's belly rumbled as she stared down at her mushy fries. A second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

Brendan took out a big jotter thing, and laid on the table. "Lemme just right down this information," He said, and start flicking through pages. What information? You didn't say anything? Lexie peered and saw that he was on the contacts page of the planner. Contacts? You aren't seriously keeping note of the fact that you now know two girls?

Brendan almost swore. Almost. His pencil case and shit hit the floor. Lexie would of laughed or made a quip, but she couldn't be bothered so rolled her eyes and stared out the windows with a glazed over expression on her face.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Chase watched as he went to take out an assignment calendar, and starting jotting down the details she gave him. Ah! That was a good idea. After all, it would be hard to forget something if he had it written down. After all, if it was written down, then he could just open it and take a look to remember. And stuff.

"Ah. Good idea..." she mumbled, as she watched him write it down.

What seemed like couple of minutes went by, until...

Brendan had dropped his bag, and everything in it, on the ground, causing all its contents to shatter like marbles. Wait, more like textbooks and junk. But, it was spilled to the ground, and he was now scrambling to pick it all up for dear life. Should she... help him? It would be nice if she helped him, but what if he didn't want or need any? What then? Well, it would still be helpful, right? What if he lost an important assignment, and didn't realize it until later?

"Ah... here... letmehelpyouwiththat!" Chase found herself shouting, as she got out of her seat.

Placing herself on her hands and knees, she went to look for things he might have dropped. She could see a couple of pencils, and reached to scoop them up.

Glancing up to see Lexie staring off into space as if zombies had come and eaten her brains, she started to wonder why she wasn't helping. It was as if she didn't want to help the poor guy, whose things were now all over the floor. Chase wondered if she should say something to her, maybe try to convince her that she should help. But, shouldn't force someone to do such things, right? It's their will. And if they have a free will, they aren't zombies. Unless zombies really did come and eat Lexie's brains, after all.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Ah... here... letmehelpyouwiththat!"
Chase had got down on all fours only moments after Brendan dropped everything. She had started scooping up some of the faraway pencils for him.
"Thanks Chase," Brendan said. He took the pencils she gathered, and looked over at Lexie. She was gazing out the windows, not offering to help.
She probably has her reasons.
Brendan looked around the rest of the floor, and gathered the books, which were all conveniently close together, and looked around the floor for the remains of his pencil-case. He found his 4-in-1 pen, his whiteout, and his Geometry set under the table, right next to Chase's bag.
He pulled everything of his from under the table, stacked it, and put it in his bag. Everything except one thing.

"Well, thanks again for helping me with that," Brendan said to Chase and Lexie, stacking his books and putting them in his bag "Listen, it's been great finally talking to someone, and making friends, after so long,"
Brendan retrieved his lunch, and packed it back into his bag.
"So, it's been great meeting you both, but I gotta go. I need to speak to a teacher about an assignment before next period," Brendan slung his bag over his shoulder "So I'll probably see you...tomorrow".
Brendan turned around and started walking out of the cafeteria. He smiled. Inside his pencil-case, everything was there, except for one thing. His calculator, which was now tucked safely away in Chase's bag. While she probably didn't actually need any help, she even said she was okay, he was like that. Not looking for much, just...a smile on someone's face. Anyone's face.

As soon as he was out of sight from the cafeteria, Brendan pulled out a locket from his shirt, and opened it. He sighed.
"Abby, what am I going to do without you?"

((Brendan Wallace continued in Ego Sum Volo Futurus))
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KelleyA†

Post by KelleyA† »

She remembered distinctively how both Chase and Brendan stared up at her, almost accusingly whilst gathering up his crap. Rude. For all they know I could have a lower back problem. Sure it would of been nice if she'd helped but meeting Brendan was like a sandwich.

Awkward
Smooth
Awkward

They weren't really friends, they were more like...Associates? Aquaintances? And either way he didn't seem to bother at all to cover up how he was obviously more into Chase. Lexie could of been outside or hanging out with the band on stage or something, but no, she decided to quench her parents worry and spent her lunchmoney on actual food to trick the rat (Her neighbours bitch sophomore daughter deserved every second of humiliation she got after Lexie 'accidentally' bumped her, making her go arse over tit down the stairs.)

Brendan left saying goodbye, not giving Chase or Lexie a chance to reply. Lexie sighed, he seemed alright but now she wasn't quite sure of him. She cocked her head and looked at Chase, a smile forming. "And then there were two..." She said in a forced omnious voice. "Dun Dun Dunnnnnn!"

Return to “The Cafetorium”