Where Was My Brain?

Back in the early days of the island, the residents tried to mine the mountain for gold. The mountain, however, produced nothing, and after they reached the other side, the miners gave up. The leftover buildings serve as testament to the failed expedition. The wood buildings are very aged, creaking when a strong wind blows by. There are still pieces of old equipment that are scattered throughout the surrounding area, now serving little use to the island's inhabitants.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

Nathan blinked. Their bags? Why did they think he wanted their bags? Like he was going to be able to carry an extra one.

He was relieved when his hands finally could grab hold of his own backpack. He got everything he was going to need

"N-no dude, I don't need your bags. I've got my own. As for traveling at night..."

Nathan couldn't deny how stupid it was to move out on his own. Wasn't there someone on the island with like five kills out there? What if he ran into that bastard (or bitch, the name and gender escaped him at that time)? That could be the end of Nathan. It just wasn't very smart of him to do.

But what would Geoffrey do in this situation?

He would go anyways, he was meeting with his buddies in the residential area, and then...well they would figure out a 'then' when they got there. The more that he thought about it though, the more it made him worry.

"I'm sure I'll be alright, I mean I'm a sprinter, I can outrun all the killers! I have faith..."

So long as you have more than 11 seconds that is...

He flashed a smile as a show of bravado and looped up the backpack on his shoulders and picked up the bag holding the gun.

"Nathan!"

Nathan's head turned to where the voice came from. The smile he had faked became much more genuine. The voice of the Fijian was easy to remember in a crowd.

"Well hot damn...well guys, guess I don't have to worry about being alone. Cavalry finally showed up!"

Nathan made his way towards the door and looked back to the two of them. For a moment, Nathan considered asking if they'd like to tag along. They had pointed a gun at him initially, but they stopped themselves from firing, it wasn't likely that they were killers. But soon his thoughts turned to when he last extended the olive branch. The reason they had split up was because of his stupidity...it was too much of a risk.

"Stay safe dudes...take care..."

Nathan then walked out of the building and upon seing the broad shouldered Fijian, made his way over to him.

"Dude where the hell have you been? We gotta get ourselves out of here and to the town! We're going to miss meeting up with Jason and Brook!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

(OOC: Skipping Randomness to avoid inactivity maybe I guess.)

Well, that was weird. There had been a voice from outside and although he didn't recognize it, Nathan certainly did. The other kid cheered up considerably from it, so Andrew assumed it was a friend of his or something. Well, it's not like he minded...in fact, it was rather cheering, really, seeing Nathan get reunited with his friend. Andrew stepped aside to allow Nathan to leave and gave him a nod and a reply of "Good luck, dude." as the other boy departed.

'That was interesting. Like something out of some action comedy thing. Next thing you know, Nathan and whoever that guy is will be going "BRO!" and "DUDE BRO!" and have a hug-off outside of this place. ...Nah, that'd never happen, would it?' He shrugged to himself and gave a glance at Adrian. "Welp, looks like this place is ours for the moment. Let's get some rest, huh? I'll take first watch, so you can just go ahead and relax."

He grinned. "Another day in this dumb game, right? Well...hopefully, we actually will get rescued. There's a first time for everything."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
randomness

Post by randomness »

Adrian watched as Nathan picked up his backpack. Somehow, he had

A shout came from the door. Turning, Adrian saw a large figure at the doorway. Nathan had surely brightened up from that. The person, whoever it was, was definitely a friend.

Giving him a simple farewell, he watched as Nathan walked towards his friend. Another reunion with between friends. It should have been cheerful but somehow, he was reminded of the moment where things started going wrong. Hopefully this reunion wouldn't turn out like that.

" I'll take first watch, so you can just go ahead and relax."

"Another day in this dumb game, right? Well...hopefully, we actually will get rescued. There's a first time for everything."

Adrian turned to Andrew, "That'd be great. I guess there's no point in taking this so seriously is there?"

He put his bag in a corner. Might as well make do with what he had. He lay his head down on the bag and stared up at the ceiling and placed his glasses on the ground next to his bag. Staring up at the blurry ceiling, he said almost to himself, "Maybe it'll all look better in the morning."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

No one in the world had any idea how good it was to see Nathan again. Maf honestly couldn't describe his elation at this happening, since he was so sure that words meant nothing now. After spending almost a day on your own in the tunnels, no light, no company, no anything, just meeting that one friend made that one little mistake seem really really ridiculous in the long run.

And yes, Nathan did want to know where he went. Well, time to spill the beans now.

"Nathan...after we were heading through, someone else came. It wasn't that kid who appeared before...before Leila took off, someone else. I would have followed you, but...they wanted to know where Jennifer was. They'd seen Jennifer, Nathan, I had to stay and check what they knew."

Now...what did he do now? How much to divulge? The killing?

"Things...happened, but they said they'd been travelling with her for the last few days. I'm sorry I didn't follow you and all, but I really needed to know what he knew."

In his last little speech portion, Maf tried his best to keep eye contact, but instead chose the alternative, looking down at the ground, at his feet, while trying to think up what to say next.

"So we should head towards the town. Do we go now?"
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

Nathan listened carefully to Maf's story and closed his eyes. Jen Perez, of course. Maf and Jen were an item weren't they. They went to prom togeather. Yeah that was right. It had made sense of course. Most of them had connections on this island. People they had wanted to protect, make sure that they were safe.

Nathan had always been too focused for that of course. But he understood after all. He wanted to make sure that his friends were safe. Now it wasn't nearly the same as a lover, but the idea remained the same.

"Don't worry about it dude..."

Now they had to leave though. They had to catch up with Brook and Jason. If he and Maf had gone through hell to get to the town. He could only imagine what they were going through. He hoped that they would be safe.

"Yeah...lets get the hell out of here."

Nathan tightened the grip of his backpack and made for the town. He hoped that his friends were safe. He hoped that he would be too.

((Nathan Choultard continued in Legoland Empire))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

(This...is going to be so half-assed but whatever.)

Andrew yawned as he leaned against the wall of the room, his pistol held loosely in one hand as he lazily kept his eye out for any incoming students. He didn't want to say that keeping watch was the most boring thing he had ever experienced, but digging a grave through beach sand was like...something really, really damn exciting that he couldn't think about. He coughed and shifted in place, looking a bit jealously at Adrian. 'I should never have volunteered for this...ugh, I'm getting cramped. And this place is just so goddamn small...'

He shifted again, beginning to jog in place. It was like he was in some weird energy paradox. Mentally, he was bored out of his skull and wanted nothing more to just go to sleep. Even standing on his feet seemed like it was a good idea. His body on the other hand...it wanted to move. He wanted to go out jogging, running, anything that would allow him to move unhindered for a while. It was hard for him to even concentrate.

'Screw it. I won't be gone for long, it'll be okay, right?' Andrew finally thought to himself. Taking out some paper and a pen from a bag, he left a quick note for Adrian and left it on his bag. Taking a breath, he nodded to himself and headed outside of the small wooden shack. "All right. Just to get the blood moving. Don't they always say good exercise helps you sleep?"

It was selfish and it probably was putting the both of them in danger...but dammit, he couldn't help it. He went out for a jog.

(Andrew Mitchell continued in Sprint for the Finish Line.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
randomness

Post by randomness »

Adrian awoke to complete silence.

"Gah, what time is it?" he asked. But there was no reply.

Putting on his glasses, he finally realized something was wrong. For the first time since the start of this game, he was alone. That wasn't good, was it?

Finding the note on his bag wasn't much of a comfort either. Andrew had set off by himself into the middle of the night.

Realizing it was dark, Adrian searched his pack for the flashlight. Not finding it, he turned the bag around dropping it's contents on the ground. And lying on top of the pile was a deck of cards. Tarot cards. With all the commotion that had been going on, he had completely forgotten that he still had them.

Picking up the flashlight that had rolled off to the side he shined it at the cards. "Might as well give it a try" he thought, placing the cards in the familiar shape of the Celtic Cross.

Nine of Swords. Death. Nine of Rods reversed. Wheel Of Fortune. Five of Rods. Six of Swords. Five of Swords. Eight of Rods. Judgment reversed.

"Isn't it great to know that things are going so well?" The cards bode ill. Cruelty, Defeat, Strife. All lying there on the ground before him. He picked up the cards and put them back in the pack along with all of his other stuff. The Six of Swords. That represented Travel and was in "Somthing to be embraced".

Ha, seems like the best way out of this mess is to literally walk out.

He stood outside the building for a moment. He felt bad for Andrew. What if he came back and found no one there? Despite this thought, Adrian continued walking towards the mountain. He couldn't turn back.

((Adrian Staib continued in The Kindness of Strangers))
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

So it looked like he had a goal in mind now. They needed to reach Jason and Brook. They needed to find answers. There were so many things that they needed to find right now, comfort among them being paramount.

Maf nodded at Nathan's suggestion, and followed him out. He hoped that the two other guys they were leaving behind were okay.

((Ma'afu Tuigamala continues in Legoland Empire))

[[THREAD CLOSED]]
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!

Return to “The Mine”