Where Was My Brain?

Back in the early days of the island, the residents tried to mine the mountain for gold. The mountain, however, produced nothing, and after they reached the other side, the miners gave up. The leftover buildings serve as testament to the failed expedition. The wood buildings are very aged, creaking when a strong wind blows by. There are still pieces of old equipment that are scattered throughout the surrounding area, now serving little use to the island's inhabitants.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Where Was My Brain?

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

((Nathan Choultard continued from Carpe Noctum))

When he got out of the tunnel Nathan Choultard found himself standing amongst a dry and dusty complex of buildings. He was supposed to be at some sort of town that he and his compatriots would be meeting at, but this didn't quite fit the bill. For starters, Jason and Brook were not here waiting for him.

His heart began to beat faster however when he turned to look for Maf and he saw nobody behind him. He could have sworn that the Fijian was behind him, but where was he now? Did he get lost in the tunnels? It seemed likely that he was. Even so, a lingering thought from the tunnels remained.

He was still the idiot that forced them to split up. What if Maf wanted to just find the others? Did he just take a "wrong turn"?

Nathan's questions were interupted by a loud gurgle in his stomach. He lifted his hand up to his stomach and rubbed it. It felt sore and empty. He needed to eat something soon or else he wasn't going to be doing much in the way of running any more. Letting out a sigh. Nathan readujsted his backpack straps and walked towards the closest building.

To call it sparse was an understatement. It seemed that the terrorists had taken most of what they could from this building. There was a couple of small wooden benches, most of them propped against the wall, but there was little else. The windows had offered some natural light, showcasing the floating grains of dust that floated in the room. It wasn't very much to look at, but, it looked like an okay place to stay for now.

Nathan walked to a bench that was in front of the doorway, it had two windows for him to look out of on either side, withought him needing to move from his spot. Unzipping his bag, he dug into it and found the loaf of bread with several small nibbles from days earlier. As he ate his meal his thoughts still lingered to the days in the caves.

He severely hoped that Maf was only lost, he didn't want to believe that he was abbandoned. He'd wait here for a while they were supposed to meet in the town anyways. He could only hope that they'd be there waiting, happy to see him.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
randomness

Post by randomness »

((Adrian Staib Continued from Milk of Human Kindness ))

The trek from the beach took an unbearably long time. Not sure of where to go, Adrian had taken lead, deciding to trek towards the center of the island. The announcement that had come that morning was worse than usual. Sarah's name again. That cheerful voice reading out the details of yesterdays deaths with his sick sense of humor.

Adrian looked around. It had taken over a day just to get here. The rest of the trek had been surprisingly quiet. Maybe it was just the horror of the situation sinking in. Regardless, hardly a word had been said on their way here the silence pierced only by yet another announcement. Looking at the map Adrian noticed a small mine nearby. It would be the best place to look for anything.

The cluster of buildings which stood there were testament to what was once a mine. The sun lay low on the horizon casting long shadows over the site which had clearly seen better days. What was left was a dusty, creaking mess. Hopefully they would be able to find food and water here. Heading towards the sturdiest building Adrian turned back to the rest.

"I guess we're staying here for tonight."
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

(Andrew Mitchell continued from Milk of Human Kindness.)

'Another day's come and gone already...' Andrew thought to himself as he walked behind Adrian, his hands tucked in his pockets and his gaze fixed on the ground in front of him. Another pill popped, another day spent traversing the island, and another set of announcements that he couldn't even ignore this time. He had tried, of course...but not even his daydreams could distract him from the mocking and proud voice of Danya. Name after name had been rattled off on his list and while there were some that he didn't recognize, there were a lot more than brought up a face or a memory. He wasn't even that close to most of them, but just knowing that they had somehow died....it hurt. Just a bit...enough to feel pain in his heart.

It just wasn't right...he had gotten this gun of his, but he hadn't even used it yet. 'I wonder how things would have been different if one of the kids who were murdered had my gun instead of his or her weapon. Ugh...this is useless. I've just been trying to stay alive and I've succeeded so far...but I want to do something more. Isaiah seemed to have the right idea...maybe we can do our own thing to help others.'

Adrian broke him out of his thoughts at the mention of staying and he looked around to find themselves outside a mine of some sort. He gave a shrug and offered Adrian a smile. "Sure, no problem. We'd better have uh...a watch though. Just in case...this place is kind of out in the open, after all."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Nathan waited for any sight of Maf, but he still hadn't arrived. He had waited for hours, quietly nibbling his bread, only leaving his dusty room once to relieve himself. His fingers began to drum against the bench he was sitting on. What had happened to him? Had he abanddoned him to die?

He tried to supress a loud yawn, but was powerless in stopping it from creeping its way out of his mouth. He cursed to himself as he faught back a series of more yawns as his eyes began to droop down. He has slept earlier on day two, but caught little in the way of sleep on day three. He couldn't go to sleep now though, what if Maf showed up and missed him? What if the gang somehow made their way over to where he was?

He rubbed his eyes gingerly as he leaned back into the wooden walls. He stared up at the roof looking up at the hollow arches. He squinted his eyes in an attempt to study the boards that held them up togeather. His breath began to slow down and he felt his eyes begining to close. Until the world faded into a haze before falling to black.

The loud crackle of the PA system had cause Nathan to yell before he fell to the ground. It was that prick again. Mr. Danya. He groaned as he pushed up to his knees as he heard him talk about Liz Polanski and then froze as he listed off the three people he killed. His hands began to shake as he waited for more, but eventually there was silence.

His arms went limp and Nathan crashed to the floor. He felt the coarse wood floor prickle against his skin. The dust stirred once more and sent Nathan into a fit of sneezing and coughing finally ending in a groan. He rolled back onto his back, readjusting his glasses and blowing a big gust of air to clear the hovering flects.

How long was he out? An hour? Two hours? A whole day? Nathan couldn't say, all he knew was that it was now the afternoon as the light had moved to the other side of the room.

It was then that Nathan heard a voice in the distance. His eyes darted over to the nearby window and he lifted his body up to a sitting postition. His heart began to race as he scootched his way over to a nearby window. Was it Maf? It didn't sound like him? Which could mean anything now.

He popped his head up to the window and looked out ahead. There was a broad shouldered giant and a slimer shorter man that were walking towards his hut. He didn't see any weapons in their hands, but that didn't mean that they weren't there. He quickly ducked his head under the window in an attempt to hide himself. He didn't recognize the guys that were coming over. It looked like an athlete and a rather scraggly nerd but they weren't familiar to them. Were they killers? There was no way to know now.

Nathan suddenly felt that he was not as safe as he once was. He stared across the room and saw that his bags were still on the other side where he was once sleeping. There was no way he could get across the room with any speed without getting spotted or overheard. The two men were closing, Nathan only hoped that he wouldn't enter his room.

God damn it...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
randomness

Post by randomness »

"A watch? That's a great idea." Adrian returned Andrew's smile. He hadn't really thought about it until now. From the announcements he could tell that there were quite a few 'players' on the island. It would definitely be dangerous without a watch. " I'm lucky that I haven't met a single one of them yet.' he thought "So I guess you're taking first watch?" Adrian asked.

" I think this place would be quite good. Even with it looking like it could fall over any moment. But at the very least this should make a good lookout spot."

Adrian tried the door. It was unlocked, like every other building he had seen on this island. Not that it was all that surprising. Were there even locks on any of these doors in the first place? He guessed not.

The door opened to a near empty room. "Hello?" he called out absently. 'Don't be stupid. Why would there be anyone inside?' That question was quickly repeated as he noticed a bag lying on the floor across the empty room. "Shit," he swore.

He turned around to see a person who was partially blocked by the door. Adrian stepped backwards reflexively.

Adrian just stood there in silence for a moment before giving a weak "Umm... sorry?"
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Yeah...I guess taking first watch is fine." Andrew shrugged, sliding out his pistol and holding it loosely in his hand. He still hadn't shot the weapon and he couldn't help but nervously tap against the weapon's frame as he walked behind Adrian. He hoped to God that there was no one inside and if there was, he or she wasn't very violent. He didn't want to fire it...definitely didn't want to cause harm to someone else with it. 'Come on...be empty, be empty, be empty.'

Adrian called out in the house, not receiving a reply. Andrew let out a sigh of relief and began heading in a different direction, believing that the house really was empty...at least until Adrian's "Shit" and "Umm...sorry?"

'Crap! Oh god, I hope whoever Adrian found isn't gonna shoot him!' Andrew quickly ran up to where the other boy was, his pistol raised...just in case. He skidded to a halt and tried to keep the weapon steady, narrowing his eyes as he saw another person...another boy, actually, at the other side of the room. He didn't appear dangerous, though...certainly wasn't holding a weapon either. 'Oh...I guess it was just surprise, not...actually a dude with a weapon who was threatening Adrian.'

He lowered the pistol sheepishly, a slight blush on his features. "Um...sorry about that. I was just...a little freaked, you know? Anyway...uh...hope we didn't scare you too bad."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Ma'afu Tuigamala continues from Carpe Noctum))

Lost.

It's what Maf's ventures alone into the unknown depths of SOTF v4's mountain caves amounted to; hours of him wandering around, his compass a useless wreck in a maze such as that, as the daylight danced around the place treating him like an idiot. For ages, he tried to follow a slithering glimpse of what appeared to be faint tracks, but it all amounted to nothing until many hours and announcements later.

Someone had screwed with the game, big time. It wasn't that often someone obtained such celebrity status as to be recognised by Danya himself, but Liz Polanski seemed to want to. And what's more, she was now playing roulette with their lives. Daisuke Nagazawa, Alex Rasputin, Lucy Ashmore, Trent Hunter, all no longer players. Danya had personally seen to it that these guys were collateral.

So after hours, and hours, and possibly even more, since time escaped him after the first few, he found the exit of the cave. By then, it was well and truly nighttime, and, according to his map, he was at the mining station of the mountain.

There were buildings here, that meant people. That meant Nathan would probably be here, if he hadn't left already. Maf readjusted both of the straps strung over his shoulders, and started off into the complex of buildings.

A few minutes into his wandering, he spotted a building that's doors were blocked by two guys. While the student, the guy inside of Maf wanted to go over and see how they were, he didn't do that. Taking silent steps, he stopped behind one of the nearer buildings.

The survivalist inside of Maf, however dim and non-existant he portrayed himself in the real world, remembered that last time he saw two people he didn't know in the distance, one of them ended up a pattern on the cave wall.

Better safe than sorry.

Looking out, he watched them a bit more, not really sure if they got a glimpse of him, being focused on whatever or whoever was inside that building.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Nathan sat there, trying hard not to flinch. How was he going to get out of here? He was practically pinned down with two people who may or may not have a weapon on them. He just had to hope that they would leave and not notice him.

Their voices grew louder and with that, Nathan's heart began to race. He had to get to his bag. He wanted to get out of this place. But the windows were closed and he would have been spotted if he tried to open them. For once in his life, the track athlete was frozen.

Nathan heard the click of the door open and twisted his head around. The two men had found him and now he was stuck. He yelled something uninteligable and leaned back defensevly, loosing his balance and landing on his back.

He waited for the guns to be fired, but nothing happened. He looked up to them, edging backwards ever so slightly, taking the occasional glance at his bag on the other side of the room. As far as he knew, he was dead in the water. Still, they hadn't done anything yet, but he kept his distance.

"Hi there..." Nathan said, propping himself up against a nearby window to stand up, "You... you aren't killing people... right?"
randomness

Post by randomness »

Adrian should have known to be more careful when entering a building, especially after the incident at the town. But after noticing the person, his first instinct wasn't to run nor was it to take the pistol out of his bag. All he did was freeze there. But instead of the expected image of a gun pointed at his face or a person ready to charge him, all Adrian saw was a person lying flat on the ground.

'Huh? Is he alright?' Adrian would have walked over to try and help him but he already seemed to getting up on his own.

"Hi there... You... you aren't killing people... right?" the person asked.

The person (how much longer was he going to have to call him this?) standing in front of Adrian looked unsure but he wasn't holding a weapon. Adrian breathed a sigh of relief, "No. No we're not.We're not killing people. So, I'm guessing you're not either?"

Just then, Andrew ran into the room pistol in hand, quickly turning to point it at the person standing next to the window. Adrian looked at the pistol shouting, "Wuh? Wait! No!"

Luckily, it seemed that Andrew was already lowering his gun and making an apology.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry we scared you. You don't mind if we stay here for the night?" Adrian said, "Oh, you would want to know our names right? My name's Adrian and the guy who just burst in's Andrew."
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Whoa, whoa, no! We're not...we're definitely not killing people." Andrew hastily tried to reassure the boy standing in front of him. He looked at Adrian, wondering what he should say. "We're really just...going around. Trying to find a place to stay. Trying to play in this stupid game isn't in any of our agendas, trust me."

He breathed a sigh of relief and moved to lean against the opposite wall. "I'm sorry. We've been wandering everywhere since the beach and we're a bit tired. I guess I got paranoid when I heard Adrian shout."

'Phew...that was close. Last thing I want is to actually get in a firefight. It might've been cool in the movie though. Bullets blazing. Screams. Muzzle flashes in the darkness. But that's only in movies! It'd probably hurt a hell of a lot more in real life....ugh, I still haven't fired my weapon. I suppose I should consider that a good thing, huh? Yeah. I mean...jesus man, I wonder what the hell we're going to do.' Andrew thought to himself, his lips pursed together.

"Oh yeah...uh, if you don't mind me asking, what're you doing here? Resting as well?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Maf waited and watched behind the building. He knew that if they weren't friendly, he'd have to run, but chances were it wouldn't be like that. But the last stranger he had to trust ended up making them eat a lot of crow...
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Nathan Choultard took a deep breath, trying his hardest not to blink. So if he were to take what they said at face value. He was safe. It offered mild comfort to him that the two guys standing in front of him (Adrian and Andrew they said) were just looking for a place to hide. But it was only mild comfort.

Nathan made sure to keep his distance between the two of them once he got onto his feet. He massaged the area around his eyes and straightened himself up. He was still stuck right now and he wasn't exactly able to find a way out still.

"Well...my name is Nathan. Nathan Choultard."

His gaze flashed back to his backpack and hidden pistol. He hadn't even touched the damn thing, keeping it hidden in his bag. Now he was looking at it as if it had an answer for him.

"Yeah, I've uh. I've been...hiding out. Waiting for some friends of mine...but it looks like they aren't here."

He froze as the idea popped into his head. Where were they supposed to meet if they couldn't meet here? Wasn't it the lighthouse? Nathan had just found his way out of this place.

"But we arranged for another place to meet if we couldn't get here. So I think I may just give that a try. Under cover of darkness? Ain't too bad a plan huh?"

As he was saying this, Nathan was moving his way towards the bag. His food and water were in there and that thing he was trying his about He wasn't going to leave it behind. He just hoped that he wouldn't get shot for his troubles...
randomness

Post by randomness »

'So his name is Nathan, huh?' Adrian thought, 'Looks like he got split up from his group too.' Adrian noticed Nathan's eye occasionally darting to his bag as if to check if it was still there.

'Looks like he's still scared of me. Then again, I guess everyone on this island has the right to be scared.'

"I guess going out at night isn't such a bad idea. But wouldn't it be easy to get lost?" Adrian said, "I'd wait till it wasn't so dark." Realizing that Nathan was trying to inch his way towards the bag he added,"If you want our bag, just take it. I swear I won't do anything."
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Nathan, huh? Nice to meet you then." Andrew said, trying to sound friendly after the scare that he had most likely given the other boy. To be honest, he was a little rattled himself after the whole ordeal, and he hoped that Nathan hadn't taken the whole 'pointing a gun at your face' thing too badly. 'Then again, I know if I had a gun pointed at my face I would have freaked the hell out, so I guess it's better than it wasn't the other way around. Kind of.'

He sighed and shrugged. "So you're looking for your friends on this island? Good luck...being separated in this dumb game is enough to drive anyone crazy."

Nathan seemed pretty obsessed with getting his bag, though...or at least very concerned with getting it closer to him and within his reach. Not like Andrew minded, though. His bag was his bag. As long as Nathan wasn't going to pull out anything dangerous...Andrew froze for a minute, thinking. What if Nathan had a gun in that bag? What if Nathan was trying to get it just so he could shoot the two of them somehow? Andrew desperately hoped that it wasn't the case, but his imagination was starting to go into overdrive, fueled by fear.

'I better not get too paranoid. I don't want to get too paranoid. It's probably nothing dangerous. He probably just wants to make sure he can defend himself. He's probably just as nervous as I am, that's all.' Andrew thought to himself, trying to reassure himself of Nathan's intentions. But even with that, he kept his hands near his own pistol. Just in case.

Adrian seemed to be perfectly fine with it though. Maybe he was just that trusting or wasn't thinking about it. Andrew didn't know, but as long as Nathan didn't do anything threatening...

"Yeah uh...cover of darkness sounds fine, but this place is pretty...you know, dangerous? If you think you can handle it...more power to you, I guess?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((ACK SORRY))

"Well...my name is Nathan. Nathan Choultard."

...yes. It looks like he didn't go far after all. He waited for Maf, took a great risk and probably just hoped he would end up here, and here he was. And...the people who were with him, they seemed friendly enough from a distance. Of course, it's not like he looked like a nice cuddly 7-foot-tall teddy bear, now did he? Would they be on guard to him?

Take the gun. If they're not friendly, then you need to be safe. Just think...situations can turn on their head so easily, so Nathan's not gonna be safe on his own. At least, we'll be a lot safer as a group than on our own.

...he mulled that over for quite a while as the group began discussing something.

But there wasn't really any time to make an affirmative decision, they were leaving now. Maf clenched his eyes shut, thought his actions over one last time, then strode out into the dimly-lit mine.

"Nathan!" Maf called.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!

Return to “The Mine”