Valerija Bogdanovic

fucking finally jesus christ kermit get your shit together jeez. Is also literally the worst profile and I think I've forgotten how to write words good OH WELL STAFF BE GENTLE I PROBABLY FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT NO HURTMIT KERTMIT ;~;

Characters approved for pregame are placed here. Please note that characters here are approved ONLY for pregame; characters must be resubmitted for final approval prior to V7 proper, and further edits may be required at that time.
Kermit

Valerija Bogdanovic

Post by Kermit »

Name: Valerija Bogdanovic
Grade: Senior
School: George Hunter High School
Hobbies and Interests: Activism, debate club, volunteering club, current affairs

Appearance: Valerija stands at 5’7’’, and weighs in at 145 lbs. An ethnic Croat, she has pale skin, blonde hair, brown eyes, a long, prominent nose, and high cheekbones leading down to a pointed chin. Her hair is usually kept up in a ponytail. For her clothes, she usually wears a tanktop or t-shirt underneath a hoodie or sweater, along with sneakers and either jeans or yoga-pants.

Though she moved to America at a somewhat young age, Valerija consciously maintains her vaguely Eastern-European accent, seeing it as part of her identity. She is fluent in both English and Croatian.

Biography: Valerija was born February 20th, 2000 to Darko, a baker, and Marija Bogdanovic, then a nurse, in the city of Zagreb, Croatia. As a small child, Valerija spent much of her time with her father at the bakery, as the family would not be able to afford it if Marija quit her job and raised a child full time. Once she was old enough, Darko began allowing Valerija to help out with simple tasks around the bakery. While not exactly enough to make it a hobby, Valerija still enjoys baking, and bakes a batch of fritulis for her family every Christmas.

At age six, Valerija entered elementary school. While at first she was uncomfortable with being separated from her father during the school-day, she soon adjusted and found herself with a small, but close group of friends. She began learning English as part of school, and showed proficiency in it along with in most other subjects (the exception being visual art).

When Valerija was nine, tragedy struck the Bogdanovic family. Darko, while working at the bakery, was killed by two teenagers in what they later admitted was an ethnically motivated attack. Valerija was devastated, and the family, deprived a major source of income, struggled financially for the next year, though they didn't go without help. Marija reached out to extended family living in America, and they offered to assist the family financially as well as help them immigrate to the US, if so needed. Marija graciously accepted, and by the time Valerija was eleven, the family moved to Chattanooga.

Living with Marija's family, Valerija at first had a rough time adjusting to life in America. Though she could speak passable English, she had a heavy accent, and this combined with her new peers' heavy American accents led to Valerija preferring to stay quiet at school as opposed to risk miscommunication. As she adjusted to her new environment, her accent gradually began to fade (though she still maintains one, seeing it as part of her heritage) and she grew more skilled at interpreting the twangy southern accent possessed by many in Tennessee. Soon, as she became more comfortable, she found herself excelling academically, regularly being in the top twenty percent of her class.

As she entered high school, Val soon found a group of friends with ethnic backgrounds similar to hers. Val sees this group of people - informally known as the Slav Squad - as a way to both cope with her father's death and demonstrate her political beliefs. As the squad is composed of many different ethnic groups that have historically been at odds with one another, it contradicts the beliefs of Darko's murderers and is used by Val to reinforce her confidence in multiculturalism.

Valerija does well academically, receiving As and Bs in most subjects. She is politically active, believing in a generally left-wing ideology, and expresses her views through debate club and extra-curricular activist work. Valerija believes in a strictly diplomatic approach to political matters, thinking that being belligerent to one-another is just a surefire way to create further political division. In addition to being active in politics, Val is also active in her local community, volunteering for various charitable organizations. After her high-school education, Val wishes to attend the University of Tennessee, and wants to pursue a career in politics.

Advantages: Valerija's intelligence and diplomatic nature may provide to be a boon if she needs ally herself with someone or finds herself in a tough situation. Additionally, she has a strong pre-existing network of potential allies in the Slav Squad.
Disadvantages: Valerija's diplomatic approach maybe end up being a double-edged sword for her, as it is likely that in a kill-or-be-killed situation, some may not be willing to listen to reason. If somebody she respects buys into the game, Val may be easily demoralized.
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

A profile does not need to be long to be good.

A profile does not need to be long to be good.

A PROFILE DOES NOT NEED TO BE LONG TO BE GOOD.

APPROVED

Return to “Approved Characters”