Come & See

open

As students move away from the residential area, they will find a large coastline and a long section of beach. Lining the coastline is an area of small rocks that form a layer that students will have to cross before they reach the beach itself. The sand is wet and grainy, studded with rocks and seashells with occasional pieces of driftwood scattered across it. It is a peaceful place to sit and contemplate life - as well as death.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

Timothy just shook his head at Mike's question. This guy, did he live under a rock or something? Timothy wanted to get off this island just as much as anyone here but suggesting something like sit around and wait for our dear government to save the day as someone sounded the cavalry horn thing that lead the charge? Good luck with that.

"Look dude, you wanna know why they didn't find the other dudes the past three years?" he said pointing a pudgy finger at him, "The damn government couldn't even FIND our island! We're on like some no name island that probably has like 10 vowels in it hell maybe it has a couple of X's just to spice things up!"

Timothy watched as the dude with the SHOT GUN walked away saying something that sounded like he was a robot. Then again if he was in fact a robot,that would be fucking sweet. Unfortunately the boy knew better than that and that brought a new problem. He was surrounded by smart dudes, but their gun had wandered off...

Great, just fucking great...

To his surprise, Max had said one of the smarter things. You couldn't just wait for the military, that just meant doing nothing and in what little experience Timothy had with this lame ass game. Is that fat ass Mr.Danya doesn't like it when you just sat there picking your nose.

He was about to reply when Erik began his wishlist of people he wanted to buddy up with. His boyfriend, which sickened Timothy a little, and Chloe Strong. Well he didn't really complain much about Chloe, well because...she was a chick! Chicks are chicks! There wasn't anything wrong with picking up a few of them along the way. The boyfriend thing though, not really cool.

On the other hand he did need these guys if he was going to get out of here...

"Yeah you know what dudes? I like that idea a hell of a lot more than just sitting here waiting for that fat ass in a control booth pushing a button that explodes my body! So ya know what lets move ass already!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Mike was beginning to suspect, that Jasper had to be a huge party pooper back in States. You just simply don't go away when someone is so enthusiastic about an escape plan. Then, the answer he actually expected to hear came from the Fatty.

"Look dude, you wanna know why they didn't find the other dudes the past three years? The damn government couldn't even FIND our island! We're on like some no name island that probably has like 10 vowels in it hell maybe it has a couple of X's just to spice things up!"

That's what I thought... But why they can't find the...

*click*

And what if...

The Pole got lost in his train of thoughts so much, he barely heard Max talking about moving out...

"Mike's right, but we can't just stand around while we wait for the US military to storm down the island. Jasper had the right idea, we've gotta keep moving. There's a lighthouse..."

Of course... There are cameras anywhere, but they are probably showing precisely what terrorist want people to see, not what the government wants. And that means...

...As well as Erik mentioning his boyfriend...

"Look, this is a lot to ask, I know, but can we maybe keep an eye out for Brendan? Brendan Wallace? About...you know, yea high, good looking, uh...my boyfriend? And..."

...No sense in destroying cameras, that gives us nothing, but maybe if we would change their location to show something which would...

...And finally, Fatty giving the signal to go.

"Yeah you know what dudes? I like that idea a hell of a lot more than just sitting here waiting for that fat ass in a control booth pushing a button that explodes my body! So ya know what lets move ass already!"

"I GET IT!"

Mike slammed his fist into the open palm of the second hand as he finally glued his plan into one.

"Guys, you need to listen to me. I think I got it." Over the next few minutes, Mike's hands almost flew in the air, as the Pole had a habit of heavy gesticulation whenever he tried to explain something.

"Of course, that... Ehrmm, What's your name?" He asked the Fatty while pointing a finger at him. "Never mind, you're right. The US cannot find the island by themselves. I bet that the terrorists invested some cash into satellite jamming devices or whatever, as well as some bogus islands prepared as a decoy. Not to mention the existence of at least two hundreds of other nearly identical island. Impossible to find. BUT! That doesn't mean, WE cannot help them doing it. I'll show you what I mean."

Mike turned to the guy wielding the golf club. "Max, right? Can you show me that map for a while?" And without even waiting for the answer, he took a few steps toward the boy and quickly glanced over the locations on the map he was holding.

"Look, there's a mine here for example. All cameras are probably set to show bugger all of the environment, so someone outside of the island cannot make anything of that. WE CAN. If we can go there and find out that, let's say hypothetically, it's a gold mine... Then we can both point the cameras toward our findings to help, as well as spread the word by ourselves. I bet we have microphones planted, so anyone observing us on the Internet or the TV can hear that the gold was mined on this island. Some guy from the CIA or whatever will hear it and cross out every island without gold mines on it."

Mike looked at the map again.

"Next stop, destroyed cell phone tower. If it's here, that means a certain phone company had to build it. If we can learn which, we can spread the word again... And more crossed out islands for America. The mansion. Maybe we can learn who built it, or at least who lived there. That's also an useful info... And now, I need to drink something, excuse me..." The Pole stopped for a while, as his dried throat demanded some liquid. He opened his daypack and took a few sips of water before continuing. "I bet we can find even more info in other places. Those are the little things, but if we'll manage to do it, I bet, at some point, someone will finally find this island and rescue us. And now, as you said before, we need to move. This is just an ordinary beach. We probably won't find anything interesting here."

Mike packed his water back, tightened the laces on his shoes, and finally made sure that his hair were properly tied before his first trek through the island. He was now ready to go. He turned to Max again.

"Going back to your question - I am with you, Max. And I hope you are with me."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Ripples of approval started to run through the ragtag trio, much to Max's relief. It would've been disheartening at best for everyone to reject his weak proposal out of hand; it wasn't like they had many other choices. Erik, seemingly pulling himself back from the brink of a full-on meltdown, voiced his approval and suggested finding a couple of people to make sure they were safe. Max knew them both, as was his job - Brendan and Chloe were good people, even if Chloe was a bit full-on at times, and he nodded in agreement. They had to ensure as many people they knew were safe, so why not? The chubby guy followed Erik, loudly making his allegiance known with an impassioned "fuck you" to the man in charge. Then Mike piped up.

"Of course, that... Ehrmm, What's your name? Never mind, you're right. The US cannot find the island by themselves. I bet that the terrorists invested some cash into satellite jamming devices or whatever, as well as some bogus islands prepared as a decoy. Not to mention the existence of at least two hundreds of other nearly identical island. Impossible to find. BUT! That doesn't mean, WE cannot help them doing it. I'll show you what I mean."

Mike, taking command in a completely unexpected way, grabbed Max's map off him and started pointing at parts of the island that were likely to have distinctive features - the mine, the cell-phone tower, the mansion. "I bet we can find even more info in other places," he continued, uncovering a plan that Max couldn't help but think was actually kind of great. "Those are the little things, but if we'll manage to do it, I bet, at some point, someone will finally find this island and rescue us. And now, as you said before, we need to move. This is just an ordinary beach. We probably won't find anything interesting here."

Mike then turned to Max and said something, but Max hadn't noticed. Absent-mindedly grabbing the map off Mike, he scanned the topography and looked up at the Polish boy. It was a great idea. A fantastic idea. No doubt Danya and his goons would have swept the island beforehand, picking up anything distinguishable, but there had to be things they'd missed. Company names, personal records, resources, anything at all. They were people, just like their motley crew. They were just as likely to make mistakes, to miss things. Except they wouldn't miss things.

Max looked at the three allies he'd taken up. "Right," he said, not trying very hard to hide the grin creeping across his face. "We'll go to the lighthouse first, it's closest, and try and get it up and running, see if there's any shipping route charts or anything there, and then we'll hit the cellphone tower. They've probably taken the decals and stuff off, but there's got to be something on it that identifies it, for a provider or something."

Max turned to Mike and unleashed the grin. "You're a genius, dude."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

((I'm really sorry, but I have to break post order, guys, I didn't realize how close to inactivity I am))

Timothy listened to this plan from the Polish kid go on and on about some plan. It was very very complex and he was having trouble trying to process what exactly the plan was. He thought about it for about a good half a minute before he caught on. He knew that there was a reason that he should hang out with the smart athletes! It took a long-ass time for it to actually pay dividends but thank the lord it happened!

For the first time on this hellhole of an island, he let out a large smile. It was large and it was genuine. A way of the island! It was like winning the state lottery! Only it involved, not dying!

Timothy waddled over toward the Mike whatshisname, and patted his back twice.

"Mikey my friend...You are fucking brill? You know that?"

They had wanted to go to the lighthouse, and then the radio tower, wherever that was. Sure it meant that he would be in a wheelchair for a year as his feet would be too swollen for him to walk but, details. He was going to get the fuck out of here!

"Ok then dudes, you guys have a map! I'm ready for this! Lead the way and I'll fucking follow brother!"

If he wasn't so tired, he would have danced a jig right then and there. Instead, he reached for a bottle of water in his pack and began to chug, letting out a relieved sigh. He unscrewed the cap and then placed it into the bag.

"So are we going to get moving or what? I mean like if we have a plan we gotta act on it before we can't get to it y'know? I mean don't they like, close off an area or something?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((breaking the post order as well. Mike's close to inactivity, AND we really need to wrap up this thread...))

Mike really hoped the rest of the guys will agree with his plan, but he never expected them to be even more enthusiastic about it than the Pole himself. The fat guy was maybe even too enthusiastic, considering his behavior just a minute before, but Mike quickly dismissed his doubts. After all, who wouldn't be happy if he would actually believe he found the way to escape the island. Not a perfect way, as terrorists probably managed to hide great amount of things, but certainly the best one they had. So they had to try.

"Thanks guys!" He replied to Max and Fatty. "I really appreciate your words. And now..." Mike looked at the map and the compass he took off his daypack just a few seconds ago. "Lighthouse right? So we need to go... East. Let's go, we don't have much more time to lose."

And with those words, Mike started walking in eastern direction, toward the lighthouse.

Fuck you, Danya, or whatever your name is. I'm not going to die here.

((Mike Maszer continued in Searching For Clues))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

((sorry sorry sorry ilu all))

Mike's plan had an unexpected spark of genius to it, one that Max and Tim both seemed to see almost instantly. Tim's smile, wide and genuine, looked oddly out of place on his pudgy features - but Erik found himself echoing it anyhow, expression splitting into a broad, relieved grin. With smiles all around, it was easy to almost forget the situation. Think of it like a team-building exercise, one of those wilderness out-trip things the school made them go on every now and again, not what it really was.

Cormorants cried overhead, but the noise was just bird-calls to his ears. He shouldered his bag, pulling his hair back into a tighter ponytail, squaring his shoulders. "Let's follow the yellow brick road, then." Setting off after Mike, dropping neatly into line, focusing all his energy on the plan, he could almost ignore the cameras in the trees ahead and the way that, far down on the beach, he could almost see figures. Didn't matter.

"Oz awaits, I guess. Let's go home."

((Erik Laurin continued in Gypsy Rap))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

This was exactly the kind of thing they needed. The kind of full-blown plan to excite hearts and send minds racing with the possibilities and ways of working it. It was The Plan. Max had no idea if it would actually save them, but he didn't care. He was too busy caught up in the elation of someone actually having a great idea and he being around to work with it, to capitalize on it. It was enough to drive you giddy with excitement.

"Lighthouse right? So we need to go... East. Let's go, we don't have much more time to lose."

"Yeah, that's the truth," Max said, his smile broad and his spirit alive. The cormorant attack and the revelation of what was happening had left him a bit stunned, but now he was back on top. Now he was Max Neill, Student Council President, Natural Leader. He could kill kings and topple mountains in this state.

Speaking of which...

"Hey, did I tell you guys what happened before I saw you? You know those cormorants, right?"

((Max Neill continued in Searching for Clues))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
GregTheAnti-Viking†

If he was a little more fit, and he could carry his own weight. Timothy would have probably preformed cartwheels. For now though, he just pumped his fist and tightened the straps around the backpack. He was a genius! A freakin' genius! He was going to get off the island, and he didn't even have to work at it!

He tried his hardest to blatantly ignore the "Onwards to Oz" thing that Erik spouted off. He wasn't no scarecrow, he had the brains. Still, it was best to say nothing, he did need them after all.

"Hey, did I tell you guys what happened before I saw you? You know those cormorants, right?"

"Corma-whats? what do you think I am? A bird watcher or something?"

He shook his head and moved on, the lighthouse awaited after all. The sound of cawing ringing in his ears.

Fucking birds

((Timothy Skula continued in Searching For Clues))

Return to “The Beach: North”