Under The Sea Is Where No One Wants To Be

THREAD CLOSED

As students move away from the residential area, they will find a large coastline and a long section of beach. Lining the coastline is an area of small rocks that form a layer that students will have to cross before they reach the beach itself. The sand is wet and grainy, studded with rocks and seashells with occasional pieces of driftwood scattered across it. It is a peaceful place to sit and contemplate life - as well as death.
Rattlesnake

Post by Rattlesnake »

Kari took Rein's hand, feeling grateful and just a little confused.

How in the world can he be so trusting? I mean, I helped Carol, but that's... different. I mean, she sounded like she was in danger and I was armed, and I can't just let someone die like that, not when I can do something about it.

She gave a little frown that had nothing to do with the goings-on around her, and Carol introduced her before she could open her mouth.

But if I came running because I've got this gun, does that mean I thought I was going to start shooting at someone? And if I shot someone, wouldn't someone die anyways? And either way, one more kid's not getting home - one less kid to stop me from going home.
She scolded herself for that last part.

Carol kept talking, which was good, because it kept everyone occupied with no input from herself. There was the good old "We're not bad people" speech, which Kari correctly guessed to be quite common in SotF despite taking no interest in it back at home. And the offer to group up, which naturally followed. Kari's eyes pierced the distance, while the light breeze played with loose strands of hair. Then she turned, feeling a sudden venomous distaste for Carol's assertiveness. It passed quickly but only increased her confusion. After all, she was grateful, not angry, that she didn't have to speak while she thought. But then again, if she did speak, she wouldn't have been disturbed by her pondering...

"You're right," she started, seizing the initiative, "We should move out, I don't like being all exposed and stuff. We can see really far, but that also means people really far away can see us." For lack of ideas, she opened dug her given map out of her bag and looked at it. "Where should we go, though? We can't go into the open, but we shouldn't go anywhere too tight, or we'll lose our advantage."

She looked down briefly at the gun hanging from her shoulder. Their advantage, that was a good way to put it. And really, besides weaponry, was there really any other advantage this group had?
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

They didn't seem to mind him coming along. Simon cleared his throat and got to his feet. "Good to...good to find you, Carol," he said, still feeling a little off-kilter. What kind of habits and manners applies to a situation like this? How did you respond to friends who were armed and trapped? How did you respond to people when a ticking time bomb was wrapped around your neck, waiting for the moment when enough people chose peace?

Damned if you do
Damned if you don't
Damned if you will
What if you won't?

Simon got to his feet, followed them as Kari and Carol moved off. No one else seemed to do know what to make of the German--Rein, he thought, having already heard his name, his name was Rein and Simon would have to keep that in mind--though they were all taken aback by his frankness. Honesty. Huh. He was close enough to hear Kari ask where they should go.

"I just left the tunnels, and I wouldn't recommend'em," Simon started, setting his gun and bag down. He unzipped the duffel and pulled out, first, Danya's instruction manual. Without a second thought he tossed it over one shoulder, searching through his stuff. He found the map, and took to examining it. "If we want to use our guns, I'd avoid the forests and all..." he muttered, thinking of hunting trips and the difficult of hitting deer. "But other people would find it harder to hit us too, so there's that..." He was frowning.

"I think there's a warehouse about here," he said, pointing to a place north of the housing. "See that big building? Maybe...I dunno, maybe that's the way to go? If someone's hiding there we can run, and if there's no one there we can take it for ourselves. We watch the entrances..." He was thinking about it in his mind--three guns, all pretty good models. "We watch'em, we'll be pretty safe." He shrugged. "Your call, I guess."
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

(Second time you skip Grim! Learn to control yourself XD)

Rein walk over beside Kari to take a look at the map himself. He notice the area that Simon had suggested. He also notice the church that was in between the warehouse and the beach. Would it be safe to stop there? They could at least take a look and then decide if it's safe or not. If it wasn't it they could just move on. Of course Rein desperately wish to visit it at least once to make sure Gary wasn't there but that would raise the question why Gary would be at a church. Oh well it was small details that Rein didn't cared about. He lifted his hand to point at the church on Kari's map.

"I agree vid de varehouse dat Simon suggestet. It shoult be a safe place to holt up in. I also suggest ve make a quick stop at de church dat's in betveen here ant de sait varehouse. If no one is dere ve can rest for a short vhile insteat of risking a longer travel to de varehouse. Toes dat sound good to everyone?" Rein asked the group.

He look around to see everyone's faces, and to see wherever or not they seem comfortable with the idea. He noticed Carol's wobbly movement and strange face which concerned him. He walk forward and put his arms around her shoulders.

"Hey Carol you okay? Come on let's get you avay from dis place. I'll help you stay steady if you need it." He reassured her as he waited to help her walk away from the water.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler SRJJJB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Alright, fixing the post order. It should go me-Grim-Rattler-Sky. Change it and I will eat you. XD))

Soon enough, discussion started on where they should go.

Kari had asked where to, and soon enough a map was pulled out. Carol looked over her shoulder, and looked at it. Simon had done the same thing, of course, but Kari was closer.

"Uh... anywhere where there isn't water would be nice..." she said, for lack of anything better to say. Really, what was she supposed to say? She didn't see anything that would be okay hide-outs...

Ah! The warehouse! Of course. It might have some supplies in there, if the terrorists didn't take everything out, and it was nice, big and probably crowded with boxes, perfect for hiding. Simon had also mentioned the tunnels and the forests, but said that the tunnels weren't a good idea since he had just gotten out of them. Carol briefly wondered if he encountered anyone "bad" while there, but immediately afterward he started on the forest, saying they should also be avoided.

Then Rein mentioned there being a church that they could stop and take a rest at. A church... it was just like when in a movie, game or something, the final climax would be right near the top of some cathedral or anything else "religious" based. In a way, Carol had found those scenes awesome, even though there was usually no reason why they were fighting in "God's House"; it was just to be symbolic, she was guessing. In spite of herself, she smiled.

"Okay... church... then warehouse? Good plan?" Carol looked around at the group.

Carol jumped as she felt someone hold her by the shoulders. A quick glance behind her told her that it was Rein, asking if she was alright and needed any help.

Did she?

Carol slowly closed her eyes. The water was still threatening to come close, any second now... any second now... she was still feeling a little unsteady... her heartbeat and breathing wasn't any better...

"Okay... just let me get my things, okay?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Seems fair. Sorry about all the skipping, man. Should we continue this in the Church?]

Simon nodded slowly as Rein spoke. A long move like the one they were planning would leave them exposed frequently; a stop in the church might be a good chance to catch their breath and also deal with anyone who wasn't...wanted...on their little expedition.

Expedition. It struck Simon as odd, all at once; how quickly he'd fallen in with this small group. He didn't know any of them, but then...

Then, he didn't know very many people at this school. Up until this point he'd almost ignored them--gone on a hunting trip with one or two of them, seen a few more at the various volunteering projects he pursued, but in general he'd done his own thing and so had they.

They were now being forced to deal with each other. Maybe that was what Danya was counting on.

People aren't like that.

Right. "Good plan," Simon said too Rein. "We'll have to be careful moving, anyways, and the church seems like a good stopping place." He folded his map back up and put in his bag as Carol talked, seeming a little nervous. Not a fan of big bodies of water, that much Simon had picked up on. He let her vent as she went to grab her stuff, taking time to drink some water--he was thirsty, and a bit hungry, but there wasn't time for that just yet, not with as little food as he had.

"If, uh..." Simon started, not wanting to seem to imposing. "If you'll let me, I'll take point. Kari, you and Carol should probably move together--you've got the most firepower, so..." He glanced towards Rein. "You're, uh...you're not exactly well-armed, man, so I think you should hang back. We encounter trouble, we can at least defend ourselves."

He tossed his water back into the bag, pulled out one of the bags of Skittles he'd brought with him, slipping it into his pocket. He drew his gun, looked back at the others.

He didn't know any of them. Could he help keep them safe? Did he want to help keep them safe?

His eyes darted to his gun, and without a thought he flicked the safety off. "Let's go."

And he began to walk slowly from the beach.

(Simon Grey continued in Missing Those Lost)

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Rattlesnake

Post by Rattlesnake »

((I'm a horrible person. Posting at last.))

Kari stood, patiently letting everyone examine the map in her hands. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't come up with some brilliant flash of inspiration that would wow the group and elucidate clearly their next move. The problem was, of course, that every place on the island would be, in the end, the same - some decrepit facility, with unbalanced students waving weaponry back and forth, doing who knows what, thinking they had a chance. The only real variables would be the number of students, the progress of their mental breakdowns, and the amount of cover they'd get. Grouping up would only delay the inevitable. And yet she felt safe, or as safe as she thought it was possible to feel here. Simon, Rein, they surely didn't deserve to die. And just minutes ago, she had rescued Carol from her personal terror, given her comfort. The problem, she thought, was that she cared. There was no way she could "play the game", as they put it. And yet she had to win...

They kept talking. The church? The warehouse? They were as good as anything, and close to boot. But she didn't want to end up in a firefight at the church, that would be just a little too much... The warehouse, though, that would give them ad advantage, wouldn't it? There was space to run, and to shoot, though it would sound like a bowling tournament in a cookie sheet factory. She stroked the back of her weapon.

"The warehouse definitely sounds good, I don't know if we'll be alone there, though. And I'm sure there's someone making their peace at the church, too. But I guess it's the best we can do."

And now Simon was giving instructions. They weren't bad instructions, and there was really no reason not to go along with it. Something about simple acquiescence got under her skin, and she had to at least say something.

"Alright, but I have to warn you, this thing only has full auto, and I don't really want to be behind anyone, in case... stuff happens. Also, it doesn't actually have a safety, you just hold it a certain way and it fires and I don't want to, like, do some accidental friendly fire."

All the same, she stowed the map back in her bag, and followed Simon off the beach.

((Kari Nichols continued in Pearl and Destiny))
SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

((My bad folks! Forgot about Rein :c))

"Danks" He answered to Simon. "I vill glatly take de rear"

Apparently his plan was accepted by the group and Rein's chances of finding Gary had improved.

Hold on buddy... I'm coming

Now he just had to take care of his new found friends. Simon and Kari seemed stable but Carol would need some help. At least until her phobia toned down. As Simon and Kari left, Rein stayed behind to make sure Carol was alright. He stayed within arm reach just in case he needed to catch her or something. His thoughts wander off as he waited.

How are you Gary?

His best friend... Was he alright? He's was always less active both socially and physically than Rein. The German hoped that his friends intelligence would keep him alive. At least long enough so Rein could find him and protect him.

But what if it comes down to these people and Gary?

The thought struck him. Even if he found Gary... Then what? Survive? What if they do? What if only him, Gary, Simon, Carol and Kari were the last ones? What then? Who was he to protect? Who was he going to help? Who was he to ignore and let them die?

Looking up towards Carol, Rein could only feel confusion and sadness. What was she suppose to do? Up to this point he felt like everything would work out. He always found it simple when it was just about protecting Gary. But now he had three new lives to defend. Kids who had friends, family and love ones...

Elaine what would you do...

She wouldn't care about that crap.

Thinking about it Elaine would help all of her friends. She wouldn't care about the finals. Every life was worth defending. He had to remember that. He had to provide hope and protection to these people. The future could wait. He had to live in the moment.

"Vatch me Elaine... I vill protect my frients... Dis game von't take humanity." He whispered.

He extended his hand out to Carol when she was done gathering her stuff. With a new bright smile on his face and his mind stabilized, Rein was ready to once again defend his new friends.

"If de vater still boders you den you can just gife me your hand and close your eyes. I vill guide you to safety alright?" He told her. With that he sets off after Simon and Kari. Wherever Carol grabbed his hand out not, he was ready to aid her at any moment.

(Rein Bumgarner continued in Missing Those Lost)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler SRJJJB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Carol couldn't help but smile at the sight of everyone working together once she looked at Kari and Simon. Truly, it was glorious. They were helping each other. Sure, there was a bit of suspicion here and there, but it was working. They were going to go to the fight church thing, and then to a warehouse, it seemed, then. Well, it was a really nice thing to have going.

She went to grab her things off the ground, unzipping her daypack just a bit to place the gun inside, though it could be seen sticking out. Once she had them over her shoulder, she looked at Rein.

They were a team, right?

Carol wondered if anyone had someone they had to look out for. Carol had the Entourage, as she remembered, but there was another reason she had to live. She made a promise to her friends back home, that after graduation she would return to Carson City to meet them again. She was still curious as to whether or not they were watching her.

Did they find out where she was, at all?

Carol could almost imagine their reactions, and almost winced at the thought. She never liked to see her friends upset, and to know that they would be concerned for her... it was kind of heart-breaking to think about.

But, she didn't think that she was going to live. She knew she was going to live.

Danya wasn't going to get away with this for much longer, right?

Right.

As she slowly and shakily approached Rein, he told her to take his hand and close her eyes if the water was bothering her. Carol complied, and reached out her hand. As she closed her eyes, she could still hear the water, quietly swooshing around, with the occasional sound of a seagull.

The water was still bugging her, but she knew she had no reason to be afraid.

She was going to make it.

((Carol Burke continued in Missing Those Lost))

((End of thread, but don't lock this until everyone gets their links in))
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

I'll start us off as soon as the Parish opens up, just so as y'know.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Return to “The Beach: North”