The Kindness of Strangers

Open

The southern side of the felled forest is similar to the northern one, though it is more steeply sloped, angling up along the northern slope of the island’s central mountain. The footing is more treacherous here, with erosion having damaged much of the soil.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Sam grimaced. Adrian's condition sounded bad, like, real bad.

"I... I don't know what I can do..." She said softly. "I don't know anything about medicine, and even if I did... I'm not sure your injury is.... I don't think..." She couldn't bring herself to finish her thought. She wiped away the tears forming in her eyes "...I'll try best to help though. Wha-What do you need me to do?"
randomness

Post by randomness »

((GMing approved))

The pain was starting to fade but the memory of it was still sharp in his mind.

The contents of his bag lay scattered around him, probably flung out during the fall. The pistol lay there next to him. He hadn't packed his cards back into his bag properly and they too were strewn across the ground.

"I'm sorry... Just stop the pain." Adrian tried to compose himself but found it impossible. Thinking over the past eighteen years of his life, he sadly realized that this was the end.

All that he did in his life, gone, taken away from him. All his practice in dance, all the years of fortune telling, all wiped away.
Adrian took a breath and said, "Kill me."

She just looked at him in shock, "What?"

"Just kill me! Please, don't leave me lying here." Taking a look at one of the cards on the ground, he almost laughed, as it was Death staring back at him. "I'd rather die a quick death."

Though Sam seemed to have agreed with him, she seemed hesitant in picking up the pistol.

But in the end, she flicked the safety off and pointed it at him. She held it there for a few uneasy seconds . But at last the gun was fired and Sam could have sworn she had heard him say thanks as she pulled the trigger.

There was a loud bang.

And thus Adrian was gone, his body lying limp on the hillside.

Death continued to lie there, covered in his blood.

B005 - ADRIAN STAIB: DECEASED
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

"I'm sorry... Just stop the pain." Adrian pleaded. "Kill Me."

"What?" Sam asked in shock. With what? she added in her own head. It was all too much to handle! She let Ishida slip through her fingers and now she would have to kill someone who, quite frankly, deserved to get off of this island way more than she did.

She didn't hear what he said next, but as Adrian looked at the cards scattered on the ground Sam spotted the metallic object laying next to him. She moved to get a better look at it, and after a moment's hesitation, picked it up. A gun. He had a gun.

She found the safety, flicked it off, and pointed the gun at Adrian. Why? Why was she readily able to euthanize people she liked, but couldn't so much as ask a question to the girl she thought she wanted to kill for almost a week now. She closed her eyes and pulled the trigger. Sam could've sworn she heard Adrian thank her.

Sam lowered herself to the ground and sat in silent contemplation for several minutes.

She returned to her feet and moved over to Adrian's bag, she searched through the bag for any food, water, or ammo he might have left. When she finished doing that, she headed back to the place where she herself had fallen, and retrieved her bag. Her bow was cracked, and while she could, potentially, find a use for it other than shooting arrows it was to big to carry around without a planned use. The arrows might still be useful, though. She added everything she got from Adrian's bag to her own and moved on.

((Samantha Ridley continued The Calvary Arrives))

((Thread concluded))

Return to “The Felled Forest: South”