Failing to Reappear

Anyone's invited.

This small infirmary on the outskirts of town will present a useful shelter for any student not wanting to venture into the larger residential district. Although clearly not equipped for any serious medical treatment, it still carries a good supply of equipment designed to stabilize patients. Alternately, the beds could mean a night of comfort, and the quarantine room could provide excellent shelter to those desperate for a hiding place.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

((GMing approved by Ciel))

Zach Jamis left.

((Zach Jamis continued in Dead-End Scenario.))
((If Ciel wants this expanded/changed he can contact me, I just didn't know what else to put there.))

Ericka checked each window nervously. When she was sure that they were gone she sighed in relief, this would be much easier one-on-one. She walked over and leaned against the door, trying too hard to make it look like like a casual thing. Her eyes began to tear up.

"Why...?" she asked trying to hold back the tears as she laughed at the absurdity of it, "Why is this so hard? I barely even know you!"

She looked over at Josée.

"Remember the last time we met? How I said I wouldn't get killed by someone's petty revenge? You said that you weren't out for revenge, but..." She drew her weapon and aimed it at the other girl, " I can't risk you changing your mind. Not when I'm this sure that I was the one who killed your brother."
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

Knowing that the girl had something important to say, Josée watched as the girl turned to face her.

"Remember the last time we met? How I said I wouldn't get killed by someone's petty revenge? You said that you weren't out for revenge, but..."

Josée didn't have a clue where the girl was going with this but Josée didn't have much choice left when the girl pointed a gun at her face. As her heart began to drip into her right foot, Josée slowly stepped back towards the dark, imposing wall.

"I can't risk you changing your mind. Not when I'm this sure that I was the one who killed your brother."

"You?" Josée couldn't believe that she had had the perfect opportunity to take revenge on her brother's murder and didn't even see it when it was right in front of her. But now it was too late, she couldn't do anything now, she was pinned against the wall and about to die.

"I see... I guess there's nothing I can do about that. But before you do... My brother... Before he died... Did he mention me?" Josée asked timidly, hoping that he had.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Did he mention her?

"I- I wouldn't know. We weren't chatting like you and me are right now. It looked like one of his friends was distraught over someone who had just been killed, and he went to comfort her. The friend who was dead had a gun. One of the few things I heard him say was that he had hurt people, and he was getting closer to those girls and that gun."

It felt good to unload this stuff. She had more than just Remy to talk about but she couldn't get too sidetracked, she could discuss that with a shrink if - no, when - she got off the island alive.

"I was there to loot the bags and the bodies, one of the few things I remembered from the other games was that thieves were often treated with the same hostility killers were. I know I would shoot someone trying to steal my food, after all. And he was getting closer to that gun."

Not that she expected Josée to believe her, or to care for that matter.

"He was an imminent threat to my life, but he didn't know it, so I took him out before he could act on it." Ericka noticed something and gave an uneasy laugh before letting Josée in on the joke, "I guess that runs in the family, huh?"

That just made Ericka feel worse, she was already having more trouble finishing this than she did her other kills, now she was reminded that she ruined an, apparently already dysfunctional, family twice over now.

"He never noticed me, his death seemed quick and was probably painless. If you're able to take any solace in that."

"Do you have any other questions?"

No Ericka, she scolded herself, it's already problematic without putting it off, just finish it before she finishes her response.
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

"I- I wouldn't know. We weren't chatting like you and me are right now. It looked like one of his friends was distraught over someone who had just been killed, and he went to comfort her. The friend who was dead had a gun. One of the few things I heard him say was that he had hurt people, and he was getting closer to those girls and that gun."

Josée laughed slightly to herself when Ericka said that Remy claimed to have hurt people, it was almost typical of him.

"I was there to loot the bags and the bodies, one of the few things I remembered from the other games was that thieves were often treated with the same hostility killers were. I know I would shoot someone trying to steal my food, after all. And he was getting closer to that gun. He was an imminent threat to my life, but he didn't know it, so I took him out before he could act on it."

"You were probably right to do that." Josée admitted, her ams still high above her head. "I'll be honest, my brother had gone crazy long before he got on this island, he probably would have killed anyone who he saw if you hadn't killed him." Josée said quietly. "At least you can talk to people before you kill them. It was probably for the best that Remy died... I mean, could you imagine him being the one who got back home?" Through her words, Josée was actually glad that Remy was at peace and now she could be.

"He never noticed me, his death seemed quick and was probably painless. If you're able to take any solace in that. Do you have any other questions?"

Josée thought for a second and shook her head. "Nah, I think I've had enough of this island for one day. What have I got left to live for anyway? Since I've come on this island, I took a troubled boy across the island and got him to safety. Sort of..." Josée muttered those last two words regretfully under her breath. "No-one can take that away from me. Just, make it as painless as you can." Josée closed her eyes and planted herself in the ground, awaiting the fatal shot to arrive.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Why did Josée have to be so damn nice? It was hard to think of her as the threat she was when she kept agreeing with everything Ericka said and leaving herself exposed like that. Come on, Ericka, get it over with quickly.

No more procrastinating.

Ericka moved closer to the other girl and aimed for the back of her head. Where the neck and the head meet, that was the spot, right? Well, she was about to find out. If she was wrong she could always use another shot, she probably had more bullets then there were remaining students.

No more hesitating.

She steadied her hand, it wouldn't be over quickly if she missed.

No more...

She squeezed the trigger.
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

The bullet pierced through her left eye so hard that she almost didn't hear it. Completely unable to retain her ability to stand, Josée collapsed onto the floor, blood pouring out of her eye, nose and mouth. The pain was so intense that she could hardly speak. "I'm so sorry Remy," were the words that she attempted to muster, but with all of her life promptly escaping her body, she could only make a few similar sounding noises as she lay in the dirty ground, shivering.

She wasn't quite dead yet, but the pain was so unbearable that all she could do was lay on the ground paralysed. Her whole body began to fill with a cold air, in her last moments, she remembered everything she had done on the island, for the last time she remembered her brother arguing with her and running off to his own death. For the last time she remembered OC when she found him on the island for the first and only time before he was killed when Josée's back was turned. For the last time she remembered Cisco, who she saved from certain death several times only to drop him off in an inferno.

Josée was sort of glad that she didn't have to think about these things anymore, she didn't need to worry about being a good person or a bad person. She was able to die, neutrally. And so that's exactly what she did.

G075 - JOSÉE TREMBLEY: ELIMINATED
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

...Josée.

It was more difficult than she expected it to be, but it was over.

She had to...

Can't stay here, need to keep moving.

She opened the door and made left. Anywhere but here.

((Ericka Bradley continued in Camping Out))

Return to “The Infirmary”