In need of people who aren't loathed quite as much as the average human.

Misanthropy is fun!

V7 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V7 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Abacaba

In need of people who aren't loathed quite as much as the average human.

Post by Abacaba »

Because it's better to have people who don't hate you than not, amirite?

Samuel Avery
Sam is... not exactly super friendly. He's autistic (though with few verbal issues) and is rather obviously odd, what with his bright green coat and generally odd mannerisms. Not exactly a popular kid, and fairly cut off from a lot of the social goings-on. He's probably going to be coldly indifferent to people at first, but bonds fairly well over shared interests, and if somebody is consistently nice to him he'll open up substantially, revealing a side that's... um... caring if you squint. He's into music of a wide variety of genres, law, chemistry, psychology, and to a lesser extent a large number of other mostly academic things, and if someone he's relatively close to has an academic interest it's likely he'll at least try to talk about it with them. Also, not huggable, and doesn't do physical contact. Also, frequently hums.

Looking for: One or maybe two friends, some acquaintances, some people with mutual or one-sided animosity, and whatever floats the character's boat as the case may be.
[+] Interaction sets
Cecil Salazar-Loveless: Sort of apathetic frenemies. Not much enmity, but not much friendship either.
I am become Abacaba, the destroyer of quotes.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Camilla is pretty focused on academics in general, and maybe she'd offer homework help or somesuch. Even if they aren't super close, Camilla would at least be friendly.

Meilin would try to make friends with him, but they have basically nothing in common, so that might not work super well.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Abacaba

Post by Abacaba »

I can see Camilla being the kind of person Sam thinks of as 'they exist and are not especially horrible to interact with.' I don't see them being particularly close, though, due to lack of shared interests.

Sam might actually get along with Meilin. They have the shared interest of music, and with Sam shared interests are nearly a precondition for friendship. Adding to that the fact that Meilin would actively try to be friends, I can see him considering her an acquaintance bordering on friend. Of course, this all depends heavily on the specifics of the interaction.
I am become Abacaba, the destroyer of quotes.
The Bearded One

Post by The Bearded One »

I am still in the process of crafting the bio & submission for Clay Barber, but I think he would fit well with Sam. Clay is very visually impaired, so the bright green would be an easy way to identify him at a distance (where otherwise everything is muted, shifting blobs of color). Also, Clay has a growing interest in both law and psychology.

Clay is also an outsider who doesn't bond well with people because he's been bullied in elementary and middle school, so he also has a misanthropic tendency.

Return to “V7 Pregame Planning”