Random Spawns are a Bitch

G082, Felicia Carmichael start (TOPIC CLOSED)

The north-most river splits into a smaller stream forming the swamp. The area is a mixture of smaller pools of muddy water that ranges from ankle to thigh-high depth. The water is separated by portions of muddy land scattered with low ferns and weeds. Students won't find much comfort in the land, though, as it too is difficult and uncomfortable to easily traverse, being home to what seem like endless insects and several species of small reptiles. But who knows...perhaps its inhospitable atmosphere could provide cover from those seeking new victims.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Melissa let out a relieved sigh when she saw Aislyn's smile and she slogged through the swamp mud to get closer to the other girl. She was about to say something else when someone appeared out in front of them, waving what...Melissa's eyes widened and she staggered backwards, barely keeping her balance as she scrambled for her daypack. Her attempt to arm herself was quickly cut short when she realized she had a damn stove as a weapon so instead she held the pack itself as a weapon. Aislyn, for her part, threw her own shoes at the girl with the hacksaw, but a voice in the back of her head told her that if the hacksaw wielder really wanted to kill them, shoes and a bag definitely wasn't going to stop her. 'Shit, shit, shit! It's only been what, a few hours? And I'm probably going to die!'

"Stay away!" Melissa shouted, trying to make her shaking voice sound dangerous.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

A few moments elapsed as Jackie attempted to come to terms with what had just occurred.

She had took the most logical action. Try and look friendly, and try and talk your way out.

Granted, she had messed up, but most people would assume that the weapon wasn't meant to kill when it was waved around like that.

But here she stood, flat on her ass... With a big, red shoe print on the side of her face. She had no intentions of hurting them. Granted mainly because she was so heavily outclassed, but she still had absolutely no intention of hurting them.

"Stay Away!"

But now she was pissed. For the first time in years, she felt a raw emotion begin to bubble, and on a level overtaking the calm, collected part of her mind that was trying so desperately to hold on for dear life.

"Stay away from me? Your friend just hit me in the face with a fucking SHOE! What the hell did I do to you?" Her hand clenched around the weapon she had been assigned, the tips of her knuckles growing white. Her arm lay by her side, as if an invisible force was holding it down. The free hand slid to her knee as she hoisted herself out of the muck. "Thanks to you, my ass is covered in swamp, my face is throbbing, and I'm actually for the first time considering using this weap...on." The pause was unintentional, and unnoticed by the perpetrator, but it betrayed her truth.

As soon as she was upright, she waved the saw about over her head menacingly, every word punctuated with a swing. "Are you fucking kididng me, you bitch?" She stooped to take the shoes off of the branch that they had so luckily tangled themselves around. Lowering the axe, she hoisted the shoes and slung them over her own shoulder. And then, without warning, her hand flew up, her knuckles slapping with a considerable amount of force across Aislyn's face. As she watched the girl recoil, her eyes almost lit up. "That's what you fucking get." She forced a deep breath, and while she had the opportunity, she took the most indignant turn she could, and walked directly in the opposite direction from the group. Her shoes made a slapping sound with each step, betraying her position as she made her way from the swamp; away from the seemingly hopeless situation.

I hope the bitch gets killed by psycho with the carving knife over there.

((Jacquard "Jackie" Broughten continued in One of Three.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Ah, choices.

Choices were often a devious device put into story-type games, like Phoenix Wright or Leisure Suit Larry or other stupid things like that. Any game made by Sierra (the game studio, not the totally adorable girl in her class that, if Felicia weren't comfortable with being friends with her, she'd totally hit on) was particularly nasty; one wront choice spelled death.

This situation was like that, but it exacerbated the problem in two ways. Way number one: like several veins of the harder series that Sierra made, the choices between right and wrong weren't always blatantly obvious. Something that Felicia to seal her fate may not have been terribly obvious. Maybe she's already made a mistake that would inevitably doom her later on down the road, and maybe this game was already unwinnable. She sincerely hoped with all her might that it wasn't like that... this was a pretty shitty game to begin with.

Not an ounce of replay value if you ask me.

She failed to laugh at her own joke.

The second problem: this wasn't exactly a game at all. You die once, and that's it. Game over, no more, you're dead, dead dead, you are dead. It wasn't like the roleplay she was running, either, where you could just write another character if yours happened to be randomly selected for death (or another writer blocked you in with nowhere left to go without blatantly godmodding, but she had kicked a couple people for doing that).

When the noises got a little shrieky and a bit more disturbing, Felicia took a step back. Then again... why was she so scared? She was the one who had the gun, she was the one with all the protection, not Samaya. Was she really going to make Sam go first? Felicia gulped, then pushed on. She was making a choice here that could be best described as 'bold', but only time could tell if that translated directly to 'idiotic' or not.

"Hello? Hey, what's going on, is everybody okay!?" She shouted, darting along the dry spots on the ground, mostly located near tree trunks where the roots had helped to create piles of moss. It was better than plodding through the muck.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

"That's what you fucking get."

Eyes fixed on the enraged girl who was squelching away from them, Aislyn slowly raised her hand to touch the throbbing portion of her face. Her fingers lightly brushed against cheek, feeling the lingering burn from the incensed girl's hand. She inhaled sharply as she came in contact with the corner of her mouth and the tiny trickle of wetness that was beginning to form there.

"Am I bleeding?" she absently asked Melissa, turning her face towards the other girl a bit while keeping her eyes on the retreating figure. The entire confrontation had seemed surreal. What the hell just happened? Aislyn quickly ran over the series of events in her mind. Girl pops out, waving a blade. I threw my shoes. Girl fell down. Girl freaks out. Girl takes my....shoes!

"She took my shoes?" Aislyn caught one last glimpse of her right shoe as the crazed, blade-wielding girl ducked past a tree and out of sight. She raised her left hand in a futile grasping movement, as if she could somehow retrieve her still-white sneakers. "My...my shoes...she took my shoes."

Her numbness at the suddenness of the attack faded away completely and was replaced with a quickly growing sense of indignation. She looked at the little dab of blood on the tip of her fingers before slowly curling her fingers up into a fist. Aislyn understood the motivation behind the slap. The injury she could overlook as a 'heat of the moment' thing. But the insult of walking off with her shoes?

Her shoes. Her favorite pair of tennis shoes. The shoes she had removed to keep them safe and dry from the muck. She flexed her toes, feeling the cold, slippy mud squish through them. Fine tremors began to run through her limbs that had nothing to do with the temperature of the water. Her socks AND shoes.

This act was more than simply taking her shoes. This girl had violated her sense of safety. She had absolutely rubbed Aislyn's helplessness in her face by making off with one of the few pieces of protective gear she had. And the ultimate insult was that the other girl wouldn't even USE the shoes. She had taken them simply to punish Aislyn. As if this entire situation wasn't horrible enough. It wasn't bad enough that they were expected to kill each other? That, at least, Aislyn was prepared for. But this theft....

"BITCH STOLE MY SHOES," she roared, completely out of the blue. For the first time in her life, Aislyn understood the senseless rage that drove some people to kill. But her target was gone. Gone because she had stood there like some kind of fucking idiot while the other girl walked away.

"Hello? Hey, what's going on, is everybody okay!?"

Aislyn did the only thing she could think to do. She threw back her head and let out a scream of pure rage. "MY SHOES!"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya watched Felicia take a step forward and moved to follow her when instead Felicia shouted into the swamp. She stood there debating the wisdom of calling out to strangers when she heard an unusual response.

"MY SHOES!"

Samaya laughed despite standing in a swamp, on an island in the middle of nowhere. "That wasn't the answer I was expecting," she confessed. "That sounds interesting, let's go check it out.

Samaya shouldered her pack and headed off in the direction of the shouting. Stepping carefully she finally made her way to the clearing where two of her classmates stood. One of them, Aislyn, looked visibly upset. Samaya figured that she was the one that was probably yelling, especially since she was also the only one of them not wearing shoes.

The other girl, the one with the totally boring clothes, Samaya didn't recognize immediately. She was dripping wet and Samaya decided that she and Felicia would make a good pair, since Felicia was covered in swamp muck as well. As a matter of fact Samaya seemed to be the only one not wearing the swamp as a fashion accessory.

Well, you're not going to learn anything standing her staring at them. She took a deep breath and stepped into the clearing with the girls. "Who stole your shoes? What happened," she asked waving at the pair.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Melissa wasn't really certain what to expect after her scared shout of "Stay away!" and seeing the other girl with the saw get smacked in the face with a pair of shoes. Whatever her expectations were, she definitely wasn't banking on the other girl suddenly going on a tirade, wave her weapon around like one of those axe murderers in a cheesy horror film, and then sock Aislyn in the face with a balled fist. The other girl then turned around and stalked off, leaving them alone for now. Melissa stared at the scene, a sense of detachment in her body...as if she was just watching this on TV and had no chance of effecting the outcome. Not that she really did, in the end. 'Oh my god...'

Her mind finally snapped back to reality and she slogged towards Aislyn to get a closer look at the reddening spot on the cheek. There was a tiny pool of blood developing near the corner of her mouth and Melissa couldn't help but wince. "It's...you're just bleeding a little, Aislyn. It isn't too bad. Nothing that won't heal."

She zipped open her duffel bag and quickly scrambled for the medkit that Danya had provided them. She doubted the bleeding was anything dangerous, but it was best to get things fixed and healed right now especially since they were in a swamp. And Melissa definitely didn't want either of them getting infected by some swamp bug or bacteria. She had just managed to find the medkit and take it out when Aislyn suddenly roared out, "BITCH STOLE MY SHOES."

Once again, Melissa was confronted by something she never expected in the first place and she took a few steps back, surprised and more than a little scared of the sudden anger in her friend. She certainly didn't understand what was so important about those shoes. Shoes were shoes, after all. They were there to put on your feet and that was it. Still...Aislyn seemed extremely angry about it and when yet another girl appeared, asking what was going on, Aislyn let out another shout about her shoes.

Melissa winced and took a look at the newcomers, giving them all a brief wave and a half-hearted smile. This time she wasn't going to shout anything like "Go away!"...it could end up somehow worse, although at least the other two weren't holding visible weapons. She calmed down slightly, pulling open her medkit and rummaging around for some cotton or something she could use to wipe the blood off of Aislyn's mouth. Poking Aislyn on the shoulder, she mumbled, "Hey, calm down for a bit. I need to clean this up..."

She turned her attention to the others. "Uh...some other girl was here before, holding a saw over her head. I guess we kind of overreacted but...Aislyn threw her shoes at her and I told her to get away and...well, I guess in revenge she punched Aislyn in the cheek and stole her shoes." She sighed a bit. "You can't really blame us, can you? She was holding a saw...anyone would get freaked out in this sort of setting..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

A saw? There was a girl around here with a saw?

Felicia looked between Melissa and Aislyn as she dwelled on that. She hadn't noticed any girl with a saw, but this swamp was a big place. It occurred to her that there could be a ton going on, and she'd never even get the chance to know about it. Well, unless she got off this island, which Felicia would do everything in her power to do, but...

Doesn't that mean everybody else would have to die? ... Man... bad end, bad end! Whoever designed this game is a total dick!

Tensions seemed to be high, mostly with Aislyn. Felicia could understand her plight; not to reinforce the stereotype, but shoes could really be a girl's best friend. Not to mention that in a place like this... ick. The thought of bare feet wallowing and splashing in this smelly, disease-infested muck was enough to make the girl have a sour taste in her mouth, and her stomach to turn.

"That's nuts... a girl with a saw? Who was it, do you remember?" Felicia felt a bit uneasy as she wasn't given a name. A friend? An enemy? Well, in a place like this, anybody could potentially become an enemy, and the girl recognized that, albeit reluctantly. Samaya wouldn't hurt her... would she? Would Acacia? Aislyn? Melissa? Sierra? ... Rosa? It wasn't something she was fond of thinking about, but if she wanted to stay alive, that train of thought would be visiting the station quite a bit.

The strain of the situation was made all-too apparent in Melissa's voice. Felicia could tell, even with her mind in the same turmoil as everybody else's, that the other girls didn't want to attack or anything, but the slightest provocation could make things... messy. As such, Felicia felt it was best not to draw attention to the gun in her pocket, covered by the extra length of her sweatshirt.

"Sorry about.. your shoes, I guess..." She said to Aislyn, rubbing her head. "But... everybody's alright?"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Aislyn listened to the other girls prattle on, still staring in the direction of her lost shoes. The urge to run after the thief was so strong.

But pointless. Pointless AND stupid. She already got the drop on you once. Why give her the chance to do it again? We'll see her again. This place is only so big and there are only so many places to hide. We'll see her again, and we'll pry our shoes out of her cold, dead fingers. Aislyn nodded, agreeing with her inner voice. There was a time and a place for everything. She would deal with the shoe thief later.

In the meantime, she needed to focus on the here-and-now and get the situation back under control. Lifting her arm, she waved off Melissa's medical efforts. Which, really, wasn't difficult at all, considering the half a foot height difference between the two girls. "Relax, Melissa. It's just a fat lip. It'll be fine. Put the first aid away until we really need it."

Turning to face Felicia, she dipped her head, finally acknowledging her question. "Yeah, we're fine. Minorly battered, but fine. Some whackadoodle girl hopped out. Surprised me. *That* won't happen again," she vowed. Aislyn looked around at the desolate landscape, at her mud-covered extremities, then at the three girls standing before her.

My team. Not exactly a group of elite government commandos, but nobody has cracked under the stress, she thought with a trace of pride. Yet.

"I don't know about you ladies, but I'm pretty sick of this place. What do you say we get the hell out of here and find a more secure location?" With as much dignity as she could recover, Aislyn picked a direction and resolutely set out. Only one thought was on her mind.

My shoes better still be clean when I find them.

((Aislyn McCreery continued in The Hills are Alive))
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya stood and tried to figure out exactly what had happened. She was only half listening to the conversation, Melissa offering first aid and Felicia offering condolences about the shoes.

She glanced over to Aislyn's feet realizing she had an extra pair of shoes, even if they were entirely impractical for the swamp. But there was no way that her and Aislyn were even remotely close to the same size. So she really couldn't do anything about Aislyn's shoe situation, except offer condolences like Felicia has.

"I don't know about you ladies, but I'm pretty sick of this place. What do you say we get the hell out of here and find a more secure location?"

Samaya heartily agreed with Aislyn's assessment of the swamp. She was sick of it and had been since the moment she'd awoken. She took a couple steps after her when the secure location part registered. What does that mean? On an island, where are we going to find a secure location?

She turned and looked at Felicia. "What do you think," she asked realizing that Aislyn was already disappearing into the swamp.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Eheh...yeah, I guess we should just be glad that nothing...worse happened, you know?" Melissa said. She was about to dab at Aislyn's lip when the other girl brushed her hand away and said that the kit would be better used for later. She shrugged, placing the kit back into her bag and zipping it up tight. She wasn't the one injured, after all, and if Aislyn said it wasn't anything important, it most likely wasn't anything important. She was all set to just take some time to relax and soothe her rattled nerves, but Aislyn apparently decided that she was sick and tired of the swamp (and who wouldn't be, honestly) and decided to set off on some random direction.

She offered the other two girls a weak, apologetic smile, wondering if she should chase after Aislyn. She didn't even know who the other two girls were, actually...not even their names. And she didn't want to think herself as paranoid, but it was completely possible now that Aislyn had left that she made a really easy target. And Aislyn didn't seem like she was in a really...calm state of mind at the moment. 'I really have to find out why she really loved those shoes...'

"Um...well, I'll see you later." Melissa offered the other two a short bow before slogging off to join Aislyn. 'I hope I don't get lost...'

(Melissa Li continued in The Hills Are Alive.)
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Felicia wished that she could think of something, anything to see to Aislyn before she began to head off, but she got nothing. With Melissa's departure, it looked like just Felicia and Samaya would be companions. That being said, she was still about to create something when Samaya turned to her and asked her opinion.

What do I think? Ain't that something... What I really think is that I'd like to be in my nice cozy bedroom, maybe reading up on some fanfic and drinking soda, or cocoa or whatever, but now I'm out for the camping trip from hell. Maaaaan... why did I even come on this thing anyway? I hate camping, even the sane kind that doesn't involve me pulling somebody's tongue out with a pair of tweezers! ... Wait... is that even possible?

"Oh, uh... you mean getting out of here?" Felicia rubbed her head. "I hate this swamp as much as the next girl, not gonna lie, but you gotta remember, Samya... god, this collar is so fucking itchy! Hold on..." The girl grimaced as she tried to work around the collar and scratch at her neck, all while fearing the thing might just go off and kill her. Then again, would that really be all that bad? It'd just be like pulling the plug on your computer or tearing out the internet cord, and you don't have to suffer the humiliation of being beaten by another player. It was a SUPREME bitch move elsewhere, but Felicia was willing to bet there weren't a ton of people who would blame her for doing it.

"Okay... ugh, think I got that settled.." Felicia put her hands back into the front pocket of her hoodie, both resting on the gun that Samaya had given her. "Anyway, getting out of here sounds great, but we don't know what's out there... so basically, I've just decided that where you go... I'll go. I mean, I'm the one packing heat after all..." She giggled and pulled out her hands, both empty, and struck a pose by pointing her fingers up at the air. "Don't worry, I got this."

Yeah. You got this. Until your misadventures lead you to run off a damned cliff. Speaking of ledges, I wonder where all my friends are. ... ... What the frack does that have to do with ledges?

((Felicia Carmichael, continued in The Hills are Alive))
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Sighing Samaya realized that she was rapidly being left behind and if there was one thing she was sure of it was that she didn't want to be here all alone.

Felicia seemed determined to protect her and Samaya wasn't going to say no to that. She dug for the map, she was pretty sure she remembered seeing and unfolded it. She began to look at it as she walked. "I don't know, obviously not one of the danger zones, but other than that I'm not sure. Maybe the town center or somewhere with some sign of civilization," she rambled as she walked behind Felicia.

((Samaya Boen-Hilstrand continued in The Hills are Alive))

Return to “The Swamp”