Random Spawns are a Bitch

G082, Felicia Carmichael start (TOPIC CLOSED)

The north-most river splits into a smaller stream forming the swamp. The area is a mixture of smaller pools of muddy water that ranges from ankle to thigh-high depth. The water is separated by portions of muddy land scattered with low ferns and weeds. Students won't find much comfort in the land, though, as it too is difficult and uncomfortable to easily traverse, being home to what seem like endless insects and several species of small reptiles. But who knows...perhaps its inhospitable atmosphere could provide cover from those seeking new victims.
MK Kilmarnock

Random Spawns are a Bitch

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Rules were meant to be broken, as the old adage went. To encounter a set of guidelines so strict and confining, and with such a steep penalty for breaking them, felt like a set of iron weave ropes constantly constricting its victim. Most dauntingly oppressive, though, was that there was no deus ex machina to save those caught within. No turnabout case to snatch victory from under the jaws of a gavel's guilty verdict. The chains keeping struggles to the absence of motion and feelings to the absence of hope were locked with a key now worn away by acid, and topped with a device that was set to explode at the slightest of disobedience. This is her story.

Felicia Carmichael, Female Student no. 082 Start

"My pants are muddy, my socks are muddy, and my shoes are muddy... I fucking HATE this!" Felicia trudged along through the muggy area that she had been dropped down in. The trees that anchored large packs of wet, gloopy land stood tall enough and branched far enough to form a canopy that was thick enough to block out most of the sun, darkening the area and blurring her perception of the current time. The humidity was the worst part, though... that and the smell. To be frank, it smelled like ass, and the oppressive wetness of the air caused the stench to stick to everything, including her.

"AUGH!"

Felicia yelped and smacked her own face where a bug of some sort had bit her. Flies, who knew what kind they were, ceaselessly buzzed around her. Her eyes, her nose, her mouth, and most irritatingly, her ears, where they could cause the most audible annoyance, no place was off limits. She was starting to wonder what the hell she ever saw in her fantasies of Miss Buzz and her exploits.

All of this helped to take her mind off of the hell she had been placed in, however. Felicia had gone through the usual routine, even while knowing it was usual from the two seasons of Survival of the Fittest that she watched (often without her parents knowing... they'd never approve). She woke up, unable to move or think clearly for a few minutes. She went through the discovery of being alone, in the middle of a cesspool of moss and some caked mud, and the anguish of having to kill your friends or be killed yourself. She had already cried plenty of tears, all while telling herself that she should be fine; she role played enough of the game to know what she was doing. She should be fine.

The self-convincing was having no effect, however. Nothing could have prepared her for this horror, or the electronic device strapped tightly to her throat. She had written about it often, but to feel it... she was feeling the terror, discomfort, and injured will of the characters that she had once put through the same ordeal. Much worse, there didn't seem to be much of a way out. Felicia realized that this organization was not like Bayview Secondary; they weren't to be fucked with. If she tried to play with the rules here, she'd find herself choking on the splintered remains of her trachea.

But it can't be like that... no, Felicia, you gotta keep trucking!
"Like when... l-like when that Pyro had all of his friends stabbed to death by the spy. He could've given up and let himself get stabbed, but no! He had... he had to go on, and torch a bitch!"
Yeah. Something like that.

Felicia's conversation with herself was interrupted by a particularly rude tree root, who decided that it was time to fuck up her already piss-poor day. The unopened day pack on her shoulder swung out to the side off of her arm, and her hands stretched out just in time to keep her face from eating smelly swamp dirt with TOO much force. Now her hands were dirty, though...

Whimpering a great deal and lamenting her situation, as though that would help, Felicia pushed herself back to a standing position, picked up her daypack, and rubbed off as much of the grime as she could before pressing onward. At the very least, if she focused all of her attention to staying on the small bits and 'islands' of drier ground to avoid the muddy water, it kept her mind off of everything else, where it would be far more self-destructive.

"... H... heh... heh heh..." Felicia smiled a little, sniffing. She had to cheer herself up, or she knew she wouldn't last long. "W-We gotta defend the objective, right? Don't want some disembodied voice bitching at us..."
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

((Samaya Boen-Hilstrand G064 start))

Samaya trudged through the swamp, concentrating hard on not twisting her ankle. She'd brought sneakers for the camping trip, but had figured her heeled boots wouldn't be a problem sitting on the bus and through campground orientation. Now, now she found herself fighting to keep her boots on her feet and not sinking into the muck that surrounded her. I wonder what happened to my shoes, heck my luggage.

Samaya counted herself lucky however that she had decided against the heeled sandals this morning. She slapped at a bug causing her pack to swing widely on her arm. Getting out of this swamp had become Samaya's main focus. She was trying not to think about this SOTF game she'd found herself in. If she did that, she wouldn't get anything done. It was way too much for her to take in now, the thought that she and her classmates were supposed to be killing each other. No, she was gonna approach this like her teachers kept reminding her. Break the problem down into small steps. Samaya had decided that the first part of the problem was that she needed to get out of this stupid swamp. Then maybe find a classmate, although she hadn't decided if that was the best plan or not.

She heard a voice from somewhere ahead of her. She searched the area, but all she could see was plants. She sighed. Well, here goes nothing, she thought. "Hel...Hello," she called softly. "Who's there?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

((G020 - Jaquard Broughten continued from Flicker))

She was still in the swamp. Nowhere near the shooter from earlier, but in the swamp. After about half an hour of running in circles (really, what else could you do in a fucking SWAMP?!?), she finally settled down to look through her bag. Water, food, first aid... Yup, everything Danya had mentioned earlier. And what about a weapon? Her hands flowed inside the back, churning the contents about until a prick of pain darted from her index finger. She quickly jammed the bloody finger in her mouth, both to soothe the fresh wound and to prevent her from squealing out. Again. She was still in the same swamp as that girl, and God knows how many others were playing, even maybe some kids just waking up. After a brief moment her gaze turned back to the bag on her lap. What the hell had just cut her so easy? Did she get a knife? A sword?

Carefully pushing the items one by one to the side of the bag this time (who would want this much on their water? Disgusting!), she revealed the sharp object. Some kind of saw. What the hell am I, some kind of lumberjack? She silently cursed her luck, shaking her head and removing the item gingerly; by the handle this time around. Best to be prepared if anyone were to wander up to her.

And there she sat for ten minutes, breathing silently and staring at the item in her hands. She was going to kill someone with this, get a better weapon, and then fight her way out of hell. Easy.

She was startled out of her plan making by a loud scream. Someone else had wandered into the same neck of the woods she had been hunkered down in. Either that, or they just woke up. Her head craned to attempt to find the source of the voice, however none could be seen. Not surprising, this place may as well have been a jungle in terms of visibility. However she listened, squished footsteps reaching her ears after a moment, some monologue about... Some pyro or something lost to the muck... Something about defending an objective too? The person was alone. And probably bat shit insane. Looks like someone's not that good under pressure. This, however, was great for her. She just needed to figure out where they were, get behind them, and then...

"Hel...Hello... Who's there?"

Another voice rang out, quite a bit softer than the first. Great, just what I needed. A second person. There's no way I can take two of them on by myself! Especially with this piece of shit. Her gaze reached the hacksaw in her hands, her mind racing. Maybe I can just wait and see what happens! The crazy one will probably kill the timid one, and then I can sneak up behind crazy bitch and finish her off myself. Two less contenders to deal with, and two more people away from going home. She continued to stay as still as possible, her neck craning to try and pinpoint either of the voices. However with such dismal visibility, this was proving a much harder task than she would have really liked. They might be able to see her.

Shit. That brought up the fact that her purse was lying right side up in the muck, unhidden by anything whatsoever. She mentally slapped herself, snatching the small bag up, and quietly transferring the contents into the daypack she was provided. The small personal items she was transferring were mostly useless (the glaring exception being the tampons... That would be unpleasant), however a tube of lipstick could definitely act as a distraction. It was then that Jackie finally noticed that "G 020" was inscribed on the side. What was that, some classification to keep track of her? Or was it her odds of winning, her predicted placement? If so, she liked the sound of that. Danya must have known how calculating she was, and known she can do better. Time to show up his predictions though.

The bag itself was the last item transferred. However she resisted the urge to zip her bag up, the noise might give her position away a little better than their voices were giving theirs away.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Felicia had been walking in one direction for quite some time, hoping that this horrid, muddy place would eventually end. Given the speed she was travelling at, however, it seemedl ike that could take a long time. A disappointingly long time, longer than when she had tried to load counterstrike on a friend's crappy computer. 1,337 milliseconds of ping just was NOT worth the reference when you got sniped right through the head before you could make a move.

Then she heard a voice. A disembodied, female voice. It only wanted to know if anybody was there, but Felicia mentally inserted the words 'So I can brutally murder you' after them. She had played Portal, thank you, she KNEW not to answer when the psychotic killer asked if she was still there.

Oh god, oh god, I said no disembodied voices bitching at me! Fuck you, Ellen McLaine, Fuck you!!! Felicia thought, frantically getting behind the nearest tree. She stayed there a few moments before realizing that the tree would hardly hide her body if she was naked and shrinkwrapped, seeing as the tree was a young, malnourished one no wider than her arm. Swearing under her breath, Felicia scampered through a puddle of muck to another tree, this one larger. She hoped she was obscured from view in accordance to the direction she thought the voice was coming from. All she could do at this point was wait... just watch, or listen, and wait.

Okay, well, this isn't so bad... just... think, Felicia! You can't run away forever, so remember what Metal Gear Solid 3 taught you about CQC! Just... counter-balance, quick slash, retract! Counter-balance, quick slash, retract... counter-... wait...

Felicia had realized that she had no knife to practice this 'flawless' plan of hers. Well, bang went that idea. Felicia hadn't even looked through her daypack, far too afraid as to what she might find in it. It may have been something useful... maybe an assault rifle. Or maybe it was something useless, like... a bar of soap, or a spoon, or something dumb like that. Felicia wrinkled her nose... she really hoped that she hadn't gotten one of those, though if somebody else did... well, didn't bother her any. And if she didn't have a weapon and that other person did, well... she was fairly well fucked.

Realizing it was into the beginning moments of overtime (overtime, overtime, overtime), Felicia crouched down, keeping her back against the tree. She hurried to unzip the daypack that was inbetween her feet, reaching around inside. Crackers... water... some manual with a picture of a turkey on the front... wait, what? Felicia flipped the manual over, finding a strange device underneath. Looked pretty deadly, actually, but The Joy would be upset if she saw how horribly balanced it was. Lifting the device out of the bag, Felicia looked it over; it was basically a serrated knife, but with a very large handle. Actually... wasn't there one of these in her kitchen at home? She thought it looked a bit familiar, although this one seemed to be battery operated, while the one at home was a plug-in model.

She was tempted to sing out the fanfare to Legend of Zelda whenever Link found an item, but Felicia was far too scared to worry about anything silly like that. She held the knife close to her and resituated the bag before standing up, leaning against the tree, and panting. Here we go, Felicia... wait for them to get closer... listen to the wise call of Mel Gibson... hold. Hold. HOLD. HOLD... HOLD! HOOOOOLD! H-... GO!

Felicia whipped around the tree, brandishing the knife and screaming a war cry that would make Xena proud.

She then proceeded to trip over a tree root that would make Bushroot from Darkwing Duck proud.

Felicia's terrifying war scream turned into a terrified yip as she reached her arms out, tossing the knife about a foot in front of her. Because her arms had flung so far out, her chest smacked into the ground first, and that was not padding that Felicia needed at the moment. Grunting from impact, she shivered as she realized she had failed. This was it... done. Hit the showers, kiss your ass goodnight, look the camera and say a witty one-liner, something... Or look up at your killer before they get you. Felicia chose this last one, her lip quivering as she scrambled to get up on her knees, seeing...

"S-S-SAMAYA!?"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya froze as a scream tore through the swamp. Well at least the scream gave her some idea of where she should be headed. She rushed forward, making it through the foliage in time to see Felicia sprawl face first on the ground. Felicia recovered quickly enough.

"S-S-SAMAYA!?" Felicia shouted and Samaya covered her ears.

Samaya offered her a hand to help herself up and a smile. "Hi, Felicia, are you alright," she asked quietly. "Any ideas how we can get out of here? I wasn't planning on hiking through a swamp," she said motioning down to her boots with her free hand. "Besides it's really creepy in here."

Samaya glanced around her surroundings once more and spotted a knife lying nearby. "What's that doing here," she wondered mostly to herself.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

((Jackie skipped with T-Fox's permission))

Well, this situation felt familiar, but Felicia really couldn't peg why. It's not like she had ever been running through a swamp before, with absolutely no knowledge as to whether or not she was going to make it alive to see the next day. She also had never tried to jump somebody with what ammounted to being a glorified kitchen appliance, and, of course, Samaya certainly wasn't there to help her up if these things ever happened in the first place.

Well, there's a first time for everything, they say.

In an uncharacteristic manner of timidness, Felicia hesitantly reached out a hand, pulled it back and inch, then regained her nerve to place her hand in Samaya's. She got her other hand under her to help push off as the girl lifted her to her feet. Felicia took this point to get her clothing all situated (her undershirt and bra got all bunched up, as if the landing wasn't a sheer mass of discomfort as it was) before looking to the girl in front of her.

Honestly, she wanted to hug Samaya at this point, maybe have a moment of girlish giddyness, spin her around and loudly proclaim just how glad she was to see her. The old Felicia would have done that; the old Felicia would've used the opportunity to gab on and on and on about the latest events of the day, no matter how incredibly mundane they would have seemed to others who didn't quite have the same niche of interests as Felicia. The old Felicia wouldn't care, though, and would relish in the company of another friendly face all the same.

The old Felicia was back in St. Paul, a memory held close by her parents as they prayed for her daughter's safety.

"I'm... I'm doing as good as you can expect! Heh..." Felicia managed to say, nodding with a warm look to Samaya. "Thank you for helping... helping me out, I got scared..." She managed to squeeze in, before answering Samaya's next question. "I, uh... what I was going to do would be to walk in one direction until we find some place that isn't swampy! Unless we're already dead and in swamp h- FUCK!" Felicia swatted a fly that had decided to play Spelunky inside her ear. It probably got the fucking shotgun, too, iced a few shopkeepers, then bit her.

"What's that doing here?

Felicia mentally screamed the loudest cluster of f-bombs that she could manage, mostly pieced together from the memories of a very frustrated player on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars who couldn't figure out how to hack an objective. Oh, that was a fun night, but a night long since passed. "Um, uh... that's..." She quickly stooped to grab it, holding it pointing away from Samaya. "That's... my weapon. I heard somebody and got a bit scared... u-uh, sorry... so, you want to go somewhere, right?"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya grunted as Felicia pulled herself up trying not to be pulled to the ground by the much taller girl. She waited as Felicia to a moment to make herself presentable again, something that she had to laugh at both of them for trying in the middle of a swamp.

"Um, uh... that's..." She quickly stooped to grab it, holding it pointing away from Samaya. "That's... my weapon. I heard somebody and got a bit scared... u-uh, sorry... so, you want to go somewhere, right?"

"That's right; we were all supposed to get weapons. Although you're weapon will only be good if we meet a particularly vicious cooked turkey," she said with smile. "I haven't looked in my pack. I just grabbed it and started walking." She dropped the pack and her eyes widened at the metallic thunk it made. The muzzle of a gun stuck out from the partially zipped bag. "Wow, I guess I have something a little bit better than a kitchen utensil. Although I'm not sure I want to touch it."

She frowned and shouldered her pack. She almost wished that she'd gotten a weapon like Felicia, where the idea of killing someone was mostly a joke. She could actually hurt someone, worse someone might want to hurt her for it. Sighing, she offered Felicia a smile, hoping that she hadn't frightened the girl. Waving at the bugs that were once again coming in for an attack, she took a step forward. "What'd you say we get out of here?"
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Felicia was just so happy to see a friendly face, somebody that wasn't going to try and kill her straight away. Samaya was definitely one of the best candidates for that as it was. She was always sweet in high school - at least, from what Felicia had seen, at any rate. Even though she sat through the 'meeting', that horrible event that she had spent hour-feeling-minutes crying over and was now trying to press to the back of her head, she still felt with all of her heart that her classmates couldn't possibly bear to kill each other.

Then again, Felicia knew that a few moments ago, she had been scared enough to grab a knife and jump out at Samaya. Luckily, she had been far enough away that nobody could have possibly been hurt from the incident except herself, but this couldn't be the case every time. Maybe, maybe somebody had decided to play the game the terrorists were asking of them.

Somebody on this island COULD be a team-killing fucktard, Felicia, you can't deny that. But it's not Samaya... no, she's the girl with a level head on her shoulders! Hell, I think that if we could form a five-man band, she'd be the lancer of the group! ... Woah... girl, you're thinking in tropes. That's... that's bad. You should really kick yourself in the ass for that one later.

For a moment, the girl's attention was called down towards the bag that Samaya carried around her shoulder, identical to Felicia's, only with a different number on it. "W-Wow... you got a gun?" Felcia stared at the muzzle for a few moments in disbelief. "I guess we didn't all get shitty weapons, then. H-hey, Samaya, if you really don't want to hold onto that, you can take this crummy old knife! I've only fired guns with a keyboard and mouse, but I bet I could protect us if some loony decided to be incredibly stupid and attack us!" She asked it in a hopeful tone, hoping that Samaya wouldn't think of her as trying anything funny. Why would she do that?

"And as for getting out of here? 'Nuff said, girl, lead the freaking way!" Felicia laughed, trying to shrug away the noxious, burning cloud of fear that was still hanging over her, and no doubt hanging over Samaya as well. Or maybe that was just a cloud of filthy, bloodsucking mosquitoes. Either way, nobody really likes those sort of clouds.

They are unloved. Bad clouds.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

((G061- Aislyn McCreery start))

"I wish all young maidens were fish in a pool. And I was the guy with the waterproof tool." Aislyn softly sang as she shuffled her feet along in the mud, cautiously allowing the mud to slowly ooze between her toes.

The terrain was slow going and the sucking mud...well, it sucked. Her shuffling steps made her look like an old lady out for a walk but beat the alternative: trying to rush through the terrain and falling, which would soak her and all of her gear. Including the hated Rubik's cube.

In her wildest dreams and strangest nightmares, winding up a prisoner of a homicidal madman had never factored into anything. But this was the reality she was currently faced with, so she would make the best of it. There was nothing to do now except wait. Survive and wait.

The familiar tendrils of fear began to creep up on her. She stopped for a second and squeezed her eyes closed. A familiar litany filled her thoughts, bolstering her flagging confidence. It didn't matter whether they were talking about world events, one of his deployments, or her mind numbing fear over having to give a speech in English class, her father always said the same thing. It's all about the attitude, Cess. The mindset. You just gotta focus on doing what you need to do, and I'll take care of the rest. Stay up. Stay with it. Don't let the fear get you, and you'll get through it.

"Oh Daddy, I'm so scared," she breathily admitted, refusing to let out the sob she could feel forming in her chest. "But I remember. Stay focused. Stay up. It's all about being positive." She wiggled her toes, trying to relish the feeling of the mud squishing between her toes.

At least the mud is keeping the mosquitoes off me, she thought with forced optimism as she looked down at her exposed skin. Every bit of skin that hadn't been covered by her clothing and the water was purposefully caked with the grayish brown mud she had cautiously scooped out of the water.

Taking a deep breath, she mentally assessed her situation, then added, "My socks and shoes are dry. And there's nothing worse than wet socks. So I'm doing okay." Reaching up, she patted the knotted shoelaces that were securely slung around her neck. "Okay," she breathed. "I am oh-kay. Just gotta hang on."

Satisfied that the shoes hadn't shifted, she shrugged the strap of her pack more comfortably across her chest before continuing her slog. "Roll your leg over. Roll your leg over. Roll you leg over. It's better that way," she sang again, a bit more loudly this time.

After some more walking, Aislyn realized that the singing was working. She was starting to feel a bit better. "Well, if singing softly is making me feel a little better, then maybe singing louder will make me feel lots better. I mean, it's not as if anyone will hear me," she rationalized.

Quickly glancing around and not spotting anyone, she took a deep breath and sang out. "I wish all young maidens were bricks in a pile. If I were a mason, I'd lay them in style. Roll your leg over. Roll your leg over. ROOOOOOLLL YUR LEG OV-AH, IT'S BETTER THAT WAY!"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya thought about Felicia's offer for a long time. It left her unarmed, but she couldn't honestly say that she'd be willing to use the weapon anyway. At the same time, by Felicia's own admission she didn't have any more experience with the weapon. Samaya had no clue about weapons, but she was pretty sure that button mashing was in no way at all like the real thing. Samaya bit her lip as she made the decision. She dropped the bag to the ground once more and unzipped it. Pulling the weapon free, she handed it over to Felicia before she could change her mind. She wiped her hands on her jeans once the weapon was out of her hands.

That over with she was more than happy to follow Felicia's directions. Glancing down in her bag, she realized that her sneakers were in there as well. "I'm ready as soon as I change my shoes. These are awesome, but not so good for the wilderness," she said with a smile. She sat down and started changing her shoes when she heard singing. Was that someone singing? She shook her head and stood trying to decide what to do with her sandals.

"You hear that," she asked Felicia. "Wonder who it is?"
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Girl 098: Melissa Li - Game Begins

'Melissa, wake up! You're going to be late for your recital! Come on! Your mother and I went through a lot of trouble getting you those piano playing lessons! You know your duty as the only daughter of the Li family, don't you? We'll be watching you from the front row, so play your best!'

'I never wanted those piano lessons in the first place...that was all your idea. And I wish you'd go somewhere else...every time I play I just keep hearing you brag about what a great daughter I am. I don't...I'm not perfect. I'm not a superhero, dad.'

"I wish all young maidens were bricks in a pile. If I were a mason, I'd lay them in style. Roll your leg over. Roll your leg over. ROOOOOOLLL YUR LEG OV-AH, IT'S BETTER THAT WAY!"

Melissa blinked her eyes open sleepily at the sound of someone singing and she took a moment to look around her as she remembered where exactly she was. Frowning to herself, she slowly got to her feet, berating herself inwardly for falling asleep at such a dangerous place. She only carried the daypack that Danya had provided her, the phrase G098 stitched to the side. She had stuffed only a few extra clothes inside and the rest she had left at her drop site, reasoning that the extra baggage of clothes wasn't something she needed. And besides, half of the things in there were things her parents had packed, insisting that she needed really formal clothes for it. Melissa just sighed and rubbed her head at the memory.

This whole thing was, to sum it up, crazy. She had believed that Survival of the Fittest was real, but she had never expected to find herself participating in the damn game. She was meant for greater things...at least, that's what her parents had always told her. She wasn't going to die in a damn swamp in the middle of nowhere and Melissa knew that she definitely wasn't going to let it happen to her. If it came to it, she would fight. She had no weapon, though...beyond that portable stove that Danya probably had given her as some sort of sick joke. Still...she'd find a way. She'd survive and get off. Damn the other students...they had no idea of how she felt. How she hard she had worked to get her grades and fulfill her parents ever-rising expectations.

She paused, frowning and shaking her head. 'No...no, I can't afford to think of things like that. I have worked hard, yes...but everyone works hard. Everyone has a reason to survive and live...I can't assume I'm better than them. If I do...then Danya will have won. I just have to remain calm and think rationally.'

She brushed a hand towards her collar, feeling its constricting presence on her neck. Just another reminder of how thin a rope her life hung from. She stumbled through the swamp towards where the singing was coming from, wishing she was somewhere else. Her clothes were soaked with swamp water and if it weren't for the extras in her daypack, Melissa knew that she'd probably die from something silly like a cold...or maybe from some dangerous swamp disease. Trudging through the thick mush, she paused in her tracks as she found the origin of the singing and she couldn't help but smile.

"Aislyn? Is that you?" Melissa asked in disbelief. She definitely hadn't expected to run into someone she knew this early...especially considering she really knew very few people. Hell, she didn't even know Aislyn that well. There was that prom thing, but beyond that...well, a thin connection was still a connection and she walked up to the other girl. "It's Melissa Li. I didn't think I'd run into you...but I sure am glad I did."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

Jackie listened to the pair idly chat, contemplating her next move. Should she just stalk them until they inevitably separate? Or pick another target? Damn, a gun would be handy right about now. As crazy as the first girl (her name was... Felecia?) sounded at first, she was actually holding up a conversation with the second girl (...Samaya, right.) reasonably well. What the fuck was she talking about before though? Possibly just Schizophrenic... Eh, it really doesn't matter. No mental disorder in the world could give you an advantage for being snuck up on and having your throat slit. At least, that she knew of. For some reason, the very real thought of actually committing murder made Jackie shudder, both mentally and physically. But why? She had already determined that it was the best course of action. There was no reason for sacrifice, the name of the game said it all. Survival of the Fittest. The fittest did what they had to in order to survive. Jackie wasn't strong, wasn't imposing. The logical course of action was stealth, and killing.

Either way, she was snapped out of her train of thought as she hear yet another voice. Extremely loud, extremely... grating. Her brow visibly twitched in annoyance, both at the off key sin- no, yelling, and even just the presence of a third person. What, is everyone waking up here? However the loud singing was a good thing. It drew attention. This third person may have just become an unwitting decoy... Or maybe even a pawn, if she was easily manipulatable. A quick flick of her head revealed the source of the shouting. A fairly lanky girl was walking. Straight for her.

Shit.

Maybe I can convince this person to help me kill them? Keep them around for a day an-

"Aislyn? Is that you? "It's Melissa Li. I didn't think I'd run into you...but I sure am glad I did."

And yet ANOTHER voice. God fucking DAMN IT! The girl mentally screamed, full well intending to flee at this point. Managing stalking two unawares? Perfectly doable. Convincing a third to be on your side? Possible. There was no way in hell she could manage four people at once though. Especially because these new 'players' seemed to already know each other. Convincing a pair of friends, especially ones seeming as timid as the latter wouldn't be an easy task. And she wasn't exactly Bayview's 'social flower'.

She didn't have very long though. Aislyn would probably see her within less than a minute. Her contemplative state however unfortunately kept her from remembering the fact that she had a killing implement in her hand. What do I do? Shit. Come on, think this through. It's like a game of Chess. The black piece is surrounded... She shook her head again. So many factors that would never play into that game. Social factors. In chess it was us against them. Here there were potential allies, potential enemies, psychopaths... Maybe she could try and be diplomatic? Play the scared little puppy. Just long enough to 'get lost in the swamp'.

That might work. A hand slid down to zip up her bag. The soft zipping noise that it made felt as loud as a jet engine when she was trying to be quiet. Under her breath, she mutter a quick encouragement to herself. "Alright, you can do this Jackie."

Her hands reached her knees, pulling herself from the squatting position she previously held. She waved her right arm at the oncoming girl... And at the least opportune time, she noticed the hacksaw in her hand once again. Oh shit.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Well, that was a little easier than she had thought it would be.

Asking for Samaya's gun had been relegated to the 'wishful thinking' section of Felicia's mind. Sure, some good points were made about where it could best be used, but she understood why somebody wouldn't want to drop their only means of protection at this point. She understood that her current 'mission' was to kill everybody else, Samaya included, but every ounce of her human being was against that. To shoot somebody with that gun, to rip open somebody's throat with that knife, you couldn't just ask a high school student to do that to her friends!

As much as Felicia had been convincing herself to the contrary in order to keep it together, she knew this wasn't a game. Not a game she wanted to get a top score at, anyway. She didn't want to kill people, and Samaya obviously didn't want to kill people, as she had just given Felicia her only means to do so. Well... possibly her only means to do so, unless she had another weapon. No, no... if Samaya wanted to kill me, she would've put a bullet in my brain right from the get go. I can trust her... man, this island is getting to me! It does to you what spies can do to you... always get you to watch your back, suspect the medic...

"Well, I want you to have my knife, too, just in case something happens! It's more like self-defense, you don't have to feel bad!" Felicia held the implement out for Samaya, hoping that she would take it. That'd make her feel a little better. "Besides, if it makes you feel any better, I hear that you even run faster with a knife than with a gun!"

The reference to the peaceful days of the past, spent sitting at her computer and gunning down countless faceless, nameless polygons with nice, serene particle-effect blood brought a smirk to the girl's face. This smirk disappeared when she heard the singing, though. Samaya must have heard it to, because she asked Felicia about it.

"Uh... I h-hear it, but... who is that?" She looked around, trying to pinpoint the direction it had come from, and raised her newly-acquired gun to that direction. ... Shit. I don't even think this thing is loaded yet, and Samaya probably doesn't know where the safety is! If they want us dead, then we're doomed. If the singing don't kill us first!
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

"Aislyn? Is that you? It's Melissa Li. I didn't think I'd run into you...but I sure am glad I did."

Melissa's sudden appearance startled Aislyn, causing the taller girl to gasp in surprise. For a brief moment, she had to wonder if Melissa had just appeared out of thin air before dismissing the thought as ridiculous. She put her right hand on her chest under one of the dangling shoes in an effort to calm her racing heart.

"Melissa, you startled me," she gasped while giving the timid girl a reassuring smile. That smile turned into a grimace as she realized that Melissa must have heard her singing.

Oh hell. So never gonna live that down, she thought, glad that the mud was completely obscuring the raging blush she felt creeping across her cheeks and up her ears. I suppose there are more embarrassing things she could have caught me doing besides singing Dad's team cadence song.

As Aislyn took a big, slogging step closer to Melissa, sudden movement directly ahead of them caught her eye. Someone lept out from behind a tree, brandishing some kind of...weapon. Aislyn wasn't sure exactly what it was, but at that moment, she didn't really give a damn. It wasn't a gun, but it looked like something that could hurt her.

"GAAAHHH!" she yelped as she danced back, her adrenaline-primed system now officially on overload. Her barefoot sank into the sucking mud, holding her fast. Aislyn fought the urge to lean back, her balance already a bit precarious. Flailing her hands to bit to steady herself, her right hand smacked against one of her sneakers. It was the only thing handy. Without thought, she snatched the shoes from around her neck and hurled them at the intruder.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Samaya took the knife unsure of how she felt, even with such a silly weapon. What am I going to do this? Hold still while I saw you to death, she thought. "Thanks," she said slipping the knife into her pack. "I'm sure it'll come in handy just as soon as we find an outlet."

"Uh... I h-hear it, but... who is that?" Felicia asked.

"I can't place the voice off hand, but that just means that they're not in choir." Samaya suddenly realized that she couldn't hear the singing anymore. "Wonder what that means," she said to Felicia. She finally decided on carrying the sandals with her. Standing, she pulled her bag up with her, continuing to dig through it awkwardly. She came out with a piece of paper. Dropping her bag, she unfolded the paper. "Hey, there's a map." She looked over it for a few seconds. "Too bad there's not one of those handy you are here arrows they use in the mall."

"So now that we have a map and better shoes maybe we should finally get out of here. What do you think," she said cheerfully. She'd suggest going after whomever it was that was singing, but she really, really didn't want to be lost out here in the swamp anymore. Besides her imagination had already come up with three really gross reasons why the singing had stopped and she wanted to make sure that the images stayed part of her imagination.

Return to “The Swamp”