All That I've Ever Known

Open

The sawmill was the backbone of the island's infrastructure and as such, is very large; complete with a small series of bunkhouses for employees to live in as well as a small mess hall to provide food. Next to the main building are three logging trucks for delivering the wood, while they have no gas inside of them they still provide excellent cover. Inside the sawmill are many devices used to treat the wood and prepare it for shipping. The machines show some signs of use and there is still a thick layer of sawdust, but the blades aren't liable to move as the power has been shut off.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Oh, I don't believe this shit.

Well, at least she knew what he wanted. Placing a hand on her thigh? He must have thought she was a beginner. Good, that would make things so much easier. Playing up the whole "innocent girl who knows nothing about nothing" thing was her hobby, and she could take it as far as it needed to go. If she had to nail this guy on this sawdust covered floor to prolong her life, she would. Well, at least she could have some fun until she got a decent weapon. She was willing to bet money she'd have to steal one, and it wasn't gonna be froom this guy. Even with her glasses off, she could see he was pretty big.

She polished her glasses. Yeah, they were gonna be pretty useless. Why didn't he hurry up and get her the damn contacts. It was gonna take long enough to put them in. Hell, she didn't have a clue how to put them on. He'd have to help her with that too. UGH, she hated being a being an actual damsel in distress.

This shit was for the birds.

Feo cleared her throat, and spoke softly. Her " I'm shy and I like you" voice. "Well, I haven't really gotten a chance to check my bag, so I don't know what my weapon is. With my luck, it's a teapot or something. If you can't find the case, just bring it here. I'm sorry I'm so fussy, I just don't feel safe. Why would anyone do something like this?"

That sounded delicate, right? "Oh, my name's Eleri. I would say nice to meet you, but seeing where we are . . . I'd rather not.

Feo Eleri Smith was one dainty bitch.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"I don't plan to kill anybody, couldn't do it even if I wanted to. But seeing as you clearly don't trust me, I'll just be on my way then."

Whatever George had said could only mean that whatever Cisco had planned - if he could actually pinpoint exactly what was planned and why - was working. The larger athlete was backing off. He would not be killed at his hands for the foreseeable future, which given any current instant in his mind was anywhere from the rest of his natural lifespan to the time it would take for George to run right back and kill Cisco where he stood, or rather shuffled. The doorway to the compound was only a few feet away.

"See ya, Cisco! Be careful out there, okay?"

"Yes, yes..." the despairing goalie silently mouthed to himself, not as an acknowledgment to George's good cheer but to his own mind, which indicated that he really might have extended his lifespan. "It's working...I can get out of here and..."

And yet he kept watching George with the same unstably fearful look on his face that he had when he first laid eyes on him until it unconsciously cluttered his mind to the point where the slightest interruption could send him right back to square one.

Retrospect was not the first thing that came to mind when he was discovered yet again.

"Yo, Cisco! Over here!"

The fragile plan to slowly back off and escape, only in its fetal stages mere seconds ago, met a swift and gruesome abortion.

Cisco let out a confused hybrid of a squeal and a yelp when he heard the voice behind him, his attention almost obsessively fixated on George as he slowly left the logging compound. His senses now reshuffled, the act of turning around in a horror-movie double-take almost felt like he'd been punched in the face and spun in that general direction. Whatever balance he had in his legs quickly disappeared, and he came tumbling to the ground (perhaps luckily facing the source of the voice), duffel bag and vinyl record landing on the ground to either side of him.

"Are you going to kill me too?" he shouted into the room, in despair almost futile. The echos would have most certainly caught the attention of whoever ELSE was inside besides the source of the voice.

He didn't recognize the source of the voice from his currently-blurry vision. And the worst bit was whoever recognized him would also almost immediately notice that he had one of the few pieces of shit more unwieldy than the unwieldy piece of shit that the voice may have gotten in their own pack.

And this time, he was too disoriented and frozen to even think of running. Whoever was calling out to him could do anything they wanted if they got to him quick enough.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Joe got his answer surprisingly quickly.

"Are you going to kill me too?" Cisco clearly did not recognize Joe. Joe intended to rectify this as soon as possible.

"Man, it's me, Joe Rios! We used to be cool, why the fuck would I kill you? I just need to stick with someone so I don't get killed!" Joe paused. "Besides, I got a fuckin' scythe. It looks badass, but I get the feeling it's gonna be hell to actually kill anyone with it; I mean, come on, it's as tall as I am!" Joe was putting on a facade of great cheer to hide how utterly worried this turn of events made him.

Joe and Cisco weren't extremely close, but they certainly knew each other and they were on fairly good terms before this whole Survival of the Fittest mess got started. Joe hoped the elaboration of his identity, in extremely crude terms, would make Cisco more likely to buddy up with him for now. Neither of them really stood a chance alone, what with their horrible to mediocre weaponry, and Joe hoped that Cisco knew that too.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Ethan did another scan of Duncan to make absolutely sure he didn't have anything of value. Nothing.

He moved towards Eleri's bag on his knees, moving saw dust about with each shuffle. "Let's see if we can't find you those contacts? Eleri. It's a unique name."

"Uh, I'm looking for someone. Maybe you've seen her. Her name's Maria Graham. Black hair with blue highlights. Kind of hyper."

" 'fraid not, Duncan," he said casually while unzipping the bag.

Let's hope this cutie has a good weapon. It shouldn't be too hard getting it away from her. Big strong guy offering to take care of the delicate flower? Piece of cake. She is a hottie though, maybe I can get some before I blow her brains out.

If there was one thing Ethan knew, it was that he was not going to die on this island. He was smart; he had a future. He was the one who would go on to contribute the most to society. He deserved to live. He was going to do a lot of good in the world. So what if he had to do some bad first? It wouldn't be easy, but then again life wasn't easy. Did he want to kill his classmates? Fuck no. But were they going to try and kill him? Probably. If he wanted to live, he was going to need a weapon and if he had to go through the boy and girl in front of him to ensure his safety, so be it. These thoughts were cut off as he hit something hard in the bag, He grabbed the handle of a box and pulled it out of the bag.

"Holy fucking shit!"

Ethan dropped the box, which contained several scorpions scurrying about within. He placed both of his hands on the container and set it aside from the bag. Spotting the contact case, he pulled it out and placed it near her hand.

"Looks like you got some friends," he said with a frown.

Not a good weapon between the three of us. Looks like it's time to sharpen some sticks.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Duncan looked a bit disappointed as the boy didn't seem to have seen Maria, but he figured that might be the case. They weren't even half a day into the game, and the island seemed pretty big judging by the map he was given, so it was pretty unlikely they'd have run into each other.

He stepped out from behind the building, sure that neither of them were really a threat right now (especially since he didn't spot any proper weapons.) As he stood there, he couldn't shake the feeling as he watched the other two that he was the third wheel right now. Still, at this moment, he'd rather be the awkward third wheel then be out there by himself without anything to defend himself with. He also completely failed to realize how badly he misjudged the situation.

As Ethan let out a yell, Duncan jumped back, startled. For a moment, he contemplated getting the hell out of here, wondering if a player had shown up already. But then he saw what started him. Scorpions, huh? That's certainly a...unique weapon to get.

"Well...I guess if you had enough time to train them, attack scorpions wouldn't be a bad weapon to have." Duncan said, a rather awkward attempt at a joke.

Suddenly Duncan caught some movement from the corner of his eye. Looking up in that direction, he could spot another person nearby, maybe two.

"Looks like we've got company." He said, moving to get ready to duck back behind cover again. Some attack scorpions would really come in handy right about now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

While Ethan was fumbling around with her bag, Feo was fumbling around with her eyes. It took her several tries, but she finally got it. Contacts were freaking weird, that was for sure.

"Ugh, what a pain. Wait, did you say you knew Maria? I just woke up, so I have no clue where she is, but I think that chick is awesome. Blank Nation sucks without her.", Feo gushed. Giving a girl an honest compliment wasn't something she did often, or at all. She could appreciate good music though, and Maria Graham was a crazy good musician. For a brief moment, too cool for school Feo had been replaced by nice Feo. It was very short lived once Ethan made his annoncement about her weapon.

You have got to be shitting me.

"Scorpions? No, this is a fucking joke. No fucking way they gave me . . .", she walked over to the case, picked it up. Yep, those fuckers gave her fucking bugs. The whole delicate act was gone now, replaced with rage. Just who did in the hell did these people think she was? I mean, she may not have been the smartest chick in the school, but she knew she wasn't going to be able to kill a damn fly with . . . wait, what? Was she thinking about killing?

Back home, Feo had watched SOTF every once in a while, not even really thinking about the morality of it. But this was real, and she was here, and she had a choice to make. But right now, she didn't have to make that terrible desicion, because she couldn't do too much right now even if she wanted to. Fucking scorpions, how did that work.

She put her hands on her hips and smirked. "So basically, we're three unarmed teenagers sitting in a warehouse like sitting ducks. This wouldn't make a terrible hideout, if we could find some way to defend it. And Duncan, I don't think attack scorpions will quite do the trick." She sighed. Why couldn't she be stuck with football players, or guys with guns? Better yet, why couldn't she have gotten one?

"Looks like we've got company."

Well, if the company wanted to kill them, they were as good as dead. She kept the scorpion case in her hand, it was better than nothing.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Man, it's me, Joe Rios! We used to be cool, why the fuck would I kill you? I just need to stick with someone so I don't get killed!"

Joe Rios. The name was a little more familiar. Something about freshman year, but that was about it. He didn't know if he was anything like George, especially given that he didn't know anything about how George might react to being here. And any more of this uncertainty, Cisco feared, would lead to a death more painful than a swift execution. But for all the disturbing revelations that hit him since he woke up nigh 10 minutes ago, the next one to hit him would probably have a positive effect to whatever was left of his mental health.

"Besides, I got a fuckin' scythe. It looks badass, but I get the feeling it's gonna be hell to actually kill anyone with it; I mean, come on, it's as tall as I am!"

If Joe was trying his best to hide his worry under his joy, then Cisco now tried his best to hide his joy under his worry. As it happened, the very sight of a person wielding a giant scythe gave the lime-haired freak reason to celebrate. Joe Rios was probably the secret identity of the Grim Reaper. And that meant that Death had to be upon him.

Even better, maybe Death wanted to pick him as an apprentice. Or maybe Death was weak right now, and he could steal that Scythe to take over as the new angel of Death.

Cisco slowly gathered his things, his depressed whimpering less intense than it was before. His mouth seemed to be unable to stay in either a sad slump or a smile as he started to catch his breath, trying to figure out what Death wanted with him. As he slung his duffel bag around his shoulder, all he could figure out was that the dark robe and literally skeletal figure was now so very 2007.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you?" he began, wiping his tears off on his arm as he slowly got to his feet. The sudden wave of sadness and fear that had washed over him in the past few minutes prevented him from staying steady on his feet, and he leaned on the doorway for support, cradling his vinyl record in both arms as he looked tearfully into Joe's eyes.

Whatever this apparition's intentions were, he hoped he'd thankfully find out sooner instead of later.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Joe's worry was replaced by utter confusion.

What in the name of all that is good and fucking holy... he was waiting for me? Joe Rios, as intelligent as he was, was not quick on the uptake by any stretch of the imagination.

Then, everything clicked.

Oh, he thinks I'm Death or something because I told him about the scythe...

Joe mulled this over for a second.

I'm okay with this. Cisco's a nice guy, but it won't hurt me to take advantage of his instability, even if it is kind of a dickish thing to do. And hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, Joe thought to himself. He opened his daypack back up, moved some things around, and removed his scythe. He then closed the daypack, slung it over his shoulder, and picked up the scythe.

"All right, all right, I guess you've caught me. I am the Grim Reaper. But I'm not here for your soul yet... on one condition." Joe smirked, almost invisibly. "I'm gonna need a little assistance."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Looks like we've got company."

Ethan sprang to his feet and turned in the direction Duncan seemed to be referencing. Beyond the half open doors of the sawmill he could just make out two figures. Ignoring the other two for a moment, he quietly took a few steps and leaned over to see them better.

Shit. He's holding something.

Ethan ran back to his bag and dug through it, finally pulling out the binoculars. He looked through the binoculars to get a better look at the guests they would soon be entertaining.

"It's Cisco and some guy with...uh...a scythe?"

Damn it. Okay. Work with what you have. What do we have?

Ethan pushed his glasses up and looked around the room. His eyes darted to the terrarium of scorpions.

Not a chance in hell.

His eyes then moved to Feo.

Bingo.

He approached the girl again, took up her hand and smiled at her.

"Hey there. You look even prettier without your glasses. Your eyes are beautiful."

Ethan motioned for Duncan to come over and resumed looking at Eleri.

"There are two guys outside. One of them has a pretty nasty looking blade. Now, the other guy doesn't look like he's got shit, but I know him and he's kind of a jumpy guy. I've got a plan to get our man with the blade, but I need you to help us out. It's a little simpler than I like to go, but we don't have much time or materials to work with. Duncan and I are going to hide behind the big work tables. All you need to do is be a lovely, injured, scared girl. Think you got that covered?"
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

"If only Zach heard somebody say that..." Duncan muttered to herself when Feo suddenly mentioned how much she loved Maria's playing. However, he was too preoccupied with the other group to dwell too much on it. He strained to try and pick up what they were saying, hearing one mention that he's the Grim Reaper. Well, that's great. He's got a weapon AND he's crazy.

And then Ethan started formulating a plan. He moved closer as he started to describe it. He had to admit that Feo was rather good-looking, and using her as a decoy didn't really sit well with him (he didn't like their chances if the guy with the scythe decided to start using it before they could take him down,) but the plan was still better than nothing.

"Alright, then." Duncan said, nodding as he looked over towards the work tab;es in question, moving over to the nearest one and crouching down, peeking around the side. "Like this?"

Already the tension was starting to build in his mind. They were really going to do this. They were going to mess with another group, and while they had the advantage in numbers, the other group certainly had the advantage in weaponry. What if the plan got screwed up. What if he screwed the plan up. Duncan gripped the corner of the work table. He couldn't stand to see someone get hurt, or even killed, because of him.

He couldn't fail. He'd never forgive himself if he failed.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Feo could appreciate Ethan manning up and coming up with a plan. What she had a problem with the fact that it put her directly in harm's way (because of fucking course it did). She was gonna punch Ethan's lights out if anything went wrong. Just straight up beat the breaks off of him.

He couldn't know that though.

"Okay, I can do that. I've got the scared part down anyway. Please watch my back okay?", she said. What she fail to add was "And if you run away on me, I will find find you and try my best to kill you". Normally she wouldn't be nervous about approching guys, but Ethan had said Cisco was out there. He made her laugh with his antics, but he wasn't the the picture of sanity on a good day. How she knew him? Hell, she knew most of Bayview's athletes. JJ Sturn, the Kronwell brothers, Ricky . . . yeah, she knew them, had flirted with most of them.

She grabbed her bag, shoved the scorpion case with the rest of the stuff. She also broke off the ends of her glasses. If worse came to worse, at least she could take out someone's eye. She walked out the buliding, glasses in hand, head down.

This might be the last thing I ever do. Ain't that bout a bitch.

She nervously approached the boys, hands up. Sound convincing, bitch! "Are you guys okay? I'm pretty sure they dropped me on my head."
VII

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"All right, all right, I guess you've caught me. I am the Grim Reaper. But I'm not here for your soul yet... on one condition."

Cisco's eyes brightened as if he were a nerd willingly invited to a date by the hottest girl in school. His lips wobbled into the curve of a smile.

"I'm gonna need a little assistance."

Before he'd even finished the word 'assistance,' Cisco was already running toward him, arms spread out. Whoever was waiting to see Cisco's weapon would probably notice the vinyl record in its hauntingly psychedelic sleeve held out with one hand until the lime-haired goalie took the other athlete in a tenderly platonic yet tearful embrace. This probably had to be the best thing he'd heard all morning, however false and deceptive it was to even the most casual observer. Not that he had the same thought patterns as a 'casual observer,' let alone someone tossed into a game of death.

Still, amidst the cacophony of different voices that made up what Cisco called a conscience, the one that told him that Joe was using him was unfortunately barely audible in the din. Barely audible, of course, was louder than silent. But it still wasn't as loud as the sound of his almost incoherent mumblings of thankfulness that Joe "Death" Rios hadn't reaped his flesh from his skeleton that instant.

He closed his eyes and smiled, letting the first sensations of human warmth fill his body to drive out the cold. Indeed it seemed that - for just that moment - he would not have paid any mind if he were 'reaped' right then and there.

No, it took something ELSE to shatter that moment.

"Are you guys okay? I'm pretty sure they dropped me on my head." came a female voice.

The immediate yet tear-blurred sight of what was apparently the source of the voice caused Cisco to suddenly let go of the embrace and reel back a few steps, staring almost bug-eyed at her. Clearly there was no shortage of surprises in his first waking hour on the island alone.

"Shit...you...you scared me..." the goalie said, trying to catch his breath while rubbing his eyes to try to see her clearly. For some reason, being in the perceived presence of a Death that was willing to aid him had given him a burst of confidence, and with it a measure of calm. Of course, how long that lasted depended on who else could be nearby more than his tumultuous state of mind.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

[[Garrett Hunter continued from You're Gonna Go Far, Kid]]

"Guess we're here."

Garrett groaned. Sawdust. Everywhere. Fucking great.

Of course, it was Garrett himself who'd decided that his little group of three would be headed to the sawmill- though he realized about halfway there that the gun girl, Rose, hadn't followed, making this not so much a group as 'Garrett and some bitch with a knife'- but he couldn't say it was really a decision he'd thought about. It was more of a let's look at this map, yeah we're pretty much in the middle of shit-all-nowhere, oh look there's something nearby, lets go to that kind of deal. So now the three of them were here, and there was sawdust everywhere, and it was threatening to make him sneeze but he couldn't sneeze because dammit, I can't look like a fucking dumbass on camera and-

He sneezed.

Twice.

Well...shit.

He couldn't have found a better way to announce his presence if he'd gotten the megaphone as a weapon. The place was pretty big, impressively so, and Garrett didn't immediately see any others. But footprints left in the thick layer of sawdust on the ground revealed that someone- apparently several someones- were here. He chose a set of footprints, and, motioning to Jacqueline, followed them.

And walked right into a confrontation, apparently.

Lot of fuckin' people here. Wonder why they're all here. A bunch of boys, one girl...one boy seemed to be in tears...it was a lot to take in. One of the boys had a scythe- wait. Wasn't that Joe Rios? Wasn't Rose asking about him? Good fucking work she did, not following us.

Garrett decided the best thing to do was not to get involved for the moment. He backed away from the scene, mumbling so only Jacqueline could hear-

"I vote on getting out of this clusterfuck before someone goes fuckin' psycho."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ET.Requiem†

Post by ET.Requiem† »

((B103 start - Kevin Harding))

"A scythe? What kind of BS is this?" Kevin whispered to himself. Great, absolutely great. This was the wrong time to come out of hiding. This had already been a shitty day. Everybody had been kidnapped and tossed onto this godforsaken island. Now they were expected to dance and kill each other like good little puppets while Danya, the fat bastard in charge of this operation, got off on watching them die.

After he woke up, he found himself lying on the floor with a duffel bag laid on his chest and a shovel at his side. B103. That was him. All he was to them was a number. At that moment, he decided that he would prove them wrong. He was not just another nameless kid that would be slaughtered. But surviving came before winning, and that's what he needed to do right now.

Kevin tried to keep the swearing down to a minimum as he tried to hide himself better. He wasn't exactly small, and the collar was shinier than he expected. If he made even one wrong move, Joe Rios the scythe slingin' teen would see him. No, that was lowballing it. The entire group would see him, as well as the new arrivals that showed up out of nowhere.

If he was seen, he would have to explain himself. If he couldn't do that, he would have to fight. And he didn't know if any of them had a gun or not. Shovel vs gun was something he didn't want to risk. Hell, the scorpions they had were dangerous enough.

Why am I trying to be a lone wolf? I need teammates.

But that was the thing. One would be left. This wasn't one of those situations where they could 'hero' their way out of trouble. The collars that trapped them were real and dangerous. He exhaled as slowly as he could. Damn, this was bad. Real bad. All he could do right now was sit this out and hope to God that he wasn't ganked out of the blue.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ET.Requiem. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

((Joe is deliberately suffering from diarrhea of the thesaurus here, just go with it.))

Joe saw the girl and turned to Cisco.

"It's not her time yet, either. In fact, this place is fairly dead in the area of souls that need reaping. We should probably go somewhere else, my assistant. There are people on this island whose time has already come," Joe told Cisco in a manner resembling that of a cult leader.

More than anything else, however, the latest development in this case worried Joe. He had the distinct feeling he was walking into a fight, and unless he managed to stay completely unscathed in the fight, he would shatter Cisco's perception of him as a sort of bizarre, postmodern psychopomp.

Fortunately for him, he had a scythe, and as he held it in his hands he realized that his weapon was not quite as unwieldy as he had originally figured. In fact, it was a precise tool of annihilation, befitting its original purpose. It did have its flaws, being a long weapon, but Joe was not exactly lacking in agility, and if an opponent closed in on him he could easily open the distance back up.

Joe began speaking again, much more quietly and seriously, although still at a level where the girl could hear him.

"However, if this girl decides that the best course of action would be to attack me, I will have no choice but to rend her soul from her mortal body right here." In spite of the fact that he could most likely decimate the girl and any companions she might have, he was still a bit iffy on the whole "mercilessly slaughtering people" bit, and he decided that he would like to avoid that for a bit. At least until he could find Rose, by which point Cisco would be useless and he wouldn't have to keep up this moronic fucking shtick anymore.

Return to “The Sawmill”