Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows...

(Open)

This is the central mountain, which commands a view of most of the island, though this will be of limited use in many parts due to the cover of trees. The mountain itself is lightly wooded, though the top has been cleared and a bench set up, facing west, with a perfect view (at the right time of day) of the setting sun. A trail allows access to the mountaintop.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

OK. So there was some daft bitch trying to shout them all down, moaning about what a bad thing killing was, spouting off about how bad they'd all feel. Quince honestly didn't give a crap so far about the boys he'd left dead. Still, there was Tiffany to be concerned with. She might buy into the speech. Still, he'd have until at least the next morning to figure out what to say once they all found out what he'd done.

There may be a way out of this for everybody involved. And it would give him an even better hand. "Okay, here's what we do. Tiff, put your gun down." He yelled down to her, hoping that she'd listen to him. "You, I take it that now there's no point in asking if you want to stick around, or in getting you to throw your own gun away. You wanna go, go. But if I even see you think about turning round and shooting us, you'd better be good. Cause I'll come after you if you miss, and I'll make you wish that you'd never been born."

He hoped that he sounded bad ass. If there was any justice, then this guy would go, and he'd get points with Tiffany. Then they could deal with whoever the guilty feeling bitch was. If he was lucky, she'd know something about Felicia. If he was even luckier, she'd have something that he could use.

He was wondering if there was any point in hunting for Felicia. What would he say to her if he saw her? And Tiffany was right there. Maybe it would be for the best if they didn't see each other. Then again, the thought of her dying out there, alone on the island, with him never knowing where they stood, was something that he could barely bring himself to think about.

No, he needed to be here now. In the moment. He strengthened his grip on the golf club and took a step towards the guy in front of him. "Don't take too long making up your mind."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

Nobody seemed even remotely fazed by her speech. At all. Nothing that she had just said had rung true for anyone down there. They were going to have to find out the hard way.

There was nothing she could d-

"Okay, here's what we do. Tiff, put your gun down."

Wait, maybe she had gotten through to someone! This kid... No, she actually had no idea who it was. But this kid was actually trying to defuse the situation.

"You, I take it that now there's no point in asking if you want to stick around, or in getting you to throw your own gun away. You wanna go, go. But if I even see you think about turning round and shooting us, you'd better be good. Cause I'll come after you if you miss, and I'll make you wish that you'd never been born."

Nope. She sighed. Still trying to be tough, still doing everything he could to be a bad-ass. Still, he WAS trying to make tensions calm. She... Guessed that was a start?

Now all she could do was sit and watch, and hope that this Tiffany girl actually put down the gun. If she did and the other kid left, she had done something right.

But what else could she do? If they didn't listen, she would have to live with their blood on her hands too. She would be responsible... She wouldn't have been good enough to save them from themselves. In her twisted, breaking mind, that constituted sole responsibility. It would be a disservice to everyone who had ever cared about her in the past and everyone that she had ever interacted with not to save every single life that she came across.

But why? Why was it her responsibility?

It had to have been because I because you fell prey to this 'game'. This is why it is your responsibility to save everyone you can. It is the only way you can attone for what you have done, it is the only way you can make up for the wrongs you have committed. Doing the right thing isn't easy, but if you're strong and you keep trying you ca- No, I need to go hide. I need to get away from everything. This is just going to make things worse and I'm going to die without ever having a chance to say goodbye to my family and friends and I'm never going to see the states again and I need to just curl up in a ball and sleep my fi- nal days must be spent making the world a better place, one person at a time. Any little difference you can make is a difference for the better. And you need to get the hell over yourself and keep talking. They've heard your name over the announcements, they'll listen. If the killer is telling them how much they will regret things, they will just fucking shoot me! What's wrong with me, the only thing I can do is go back to the killing. If you do that then you can get the fuck off this island and you'll still be a murderer either way. Maria's death made you deserve to die, so you need to spend that time as alone as I possibly can, just hiding and trying to save people from the hell which follows you everywhere you go. Your life brings pain to those around you, that fate has been made permanent since you did that one deed that will never be attoned for, but you need to try. What good was her death if you can't continue on with your old course of action? Her death was in vain if you don't live. She would have wanted me to just go die alone, whenever it comes. She doesn't care about me, she never will. Thinking she would have is so self inflating that it just proves how badly you will hurt others by being alive. You should just off yourself right now, and not even take the chance that anyone else will find you again or I might kill again and be unable to control yourself and WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Jackie collapsed into a ball, her hands clutching her head in pain, her mind swimming. Only maybe a quarter of the conversation in her head was under her control. Three different attitudes screamed at her, and she just wanted it all to go away. She wanted to curl up and be alone; something she would never in her life be again. It was as if she was nothing but a topic of debate, her feelings not mattering. In absolute terror and confusing, she began to writhe on the ground, closing her eyes and scraping her nails against the sides of her head. Her mind felt so overly full, almost to the point of bursting. She couldn't breathe, and the pressure in her head was so incredibly painful she just needed out.

So many voices, so many opinions, but one host.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"

This spasm went on for longer than she would actually ever know. The other kids down below would see and hear all of this, and Jackie would never know what they did and how they would react. All she knew for sure was that something was broken. And that things were never going to go back to the way they were.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
selphie_trabia†

Post by selphie_trabia† »

"Are you sure?" Tiffany yelled, "Okay!"

Tiffany listened to the exchange, then lowered the gun, keeping as close to the rock she was hidden behind as was humanly possible. If the boy shot at her, he'd have a good chance of missing, she thought. She wasn't completely sure how guns and bullets worked.

Then, she heard the screaming. Instinctively, she turned to look at the source of the sound, squinting as the sun's rays filled her vision with coloured spots. Then, she spotted the other person – Jackie Broughton, a weird girl from the chess club, one of the school's more anti-social little freaks.

She was certainly acting freaky now, the way she rolled around on the ground clutching her head and screaming about something. Tiffany considered moving over to where Jackie was but wasn't about to risk getting shot.

One thing at a time.

Tiffany needed to deal with the gunslinging little idiot first. She didn't quite trust Quincy to handle the whole situation by himself.

Considering Jackie's current condition, there was probably enough time to deal with her later. In the meantime, Tiffany kept a watchful eye on her. Jackie wasn't going to escape.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Anderson

Post by Anderson »

Bill saw Tiffany lower her gun, and he lowered his in response...partway, at least. He was still aiming, only now he was aiming at the ground a few feet in front of him.

Just let me get out of here in one piece, alright? Man, this went wrong quickly. I did not expect that gun to come out or someone to flank me like that.

"Ok. Backing up now..." Step by step, Bill Davis backed up, away from the group. "I won't come back, but don't come after me."

I'm going to get out of here alive. I'm going to be fine, and I haven't had to waste any ammo. I'll take what I can get, and if this is what I can get, I'll take it.

As he added a bit of distance between him and the group, Bill felt himself relax just a bit. Once he felt sure he was far enough back that he couldn't be easily shot by them, Bill Davis turned and ran as fast as he could, hoping to get away from them. He did not want to die.

((OOC: Bill Davis continued in "Can You Hear Me Now?"))
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

As Bill walked away, Quincy eyed him warily, making sure that he wasn't going to try and pull a fast one. Once he was certain that Bill was well away and not coming back, he turned to where Tiffany was hiding. "It's OK. He's gone. I'm coming down."

He wondered briefly about the fourth person on the mountainside, the girl who had been shouting about not killing. Was she right, was he going to feel guilty over what he had done to that boy? He wasn't feeling anything so far. The guy was in his way, he took him down. That was the mentality that you needed if you were going to survive on this island, wasn't it?

Quince clambered down the incline, trying his best to maintain balance. This meant that much of his grace was gone, but he did make it down without stumbling or falling. Once he got to the bottom, he made his way to Tiffany's rock. "Sorry I had to go like that. But everything worked out. Are you ok?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
T-Fox†

Post by T-Fox† »

So... Many... Voices...

So... Much... Confusion...

An argument going on inside of her head. Had she gone so insane that she could no longer control her thoughts? One of the voices sounded familiar, but if she could just... Get a moment of silence...

Shut UP!

The voices stopped, seemingly for a second. Maybe they would go away forever...

Thinkthinkthinkthinkcome on! Still from her curled up position on the cold and unforgiving ground, her mind raced with an attempt for recognition of any; ANY of these voices. She couldn't place them to anyone. Anyone at all.

...Wait.

"...The life of another had to be given so that you could understand... And this is the price you will pay... The burden that will hold on your shoulders for the rest of your days..."

W-What?

"See? I knew you were a smart girl."

Her eyes shot wide open in shock and horror. That... dream? Vision? It was coming back to haunt her, already. She knew she would see their faces in her sleep, but to feel that torment even during the day? She literally had a physical manifestation of her conscience in her head! Either that or she was possessed... Or something. Her fear managed to force a tear from her eye as she began to dread the next few days. She could never be alone again. She would never be alone again. A sob choked up in her throat, but through sheer force of will she managed to suppress it. However the whisper that escaped her lips next she couldn't have stopped no matter how much she wanted, no matter how much she tried. "I just... I just want to be alone..."

The voices were faint, but they were distinct. Her vision began to fade with her eyes wide open, and she was fully expecting to pass onto the other side right there in that moment.

If only she could have been that lucky.

Darkness consumed her sight, leaving her with nothing but her own thoughts. She could not see, nor feel her body's actions, and she could still hear those voices so far away.

Yet in the real world, a girls eyes opened with a new fire, a new resolution. She quickly stood, turning her head towards the morons who were still playing cowboys down on that ledge, and a soft sigh escaped her lips, annoyance painting her face. The only trace of the fear that she felt was in the form of a single dried tear upon her cheek. "They won't listen... They aren't going to listen. There's only so much time. Need to make up for her mistake..."

She spun on her heel and began to walk straight for the small path that led her to this perch on the mountain. The hacksaw laced through one of her belt loops, and her backpack dangling from her hand, she began to walk the treacherous climb down.

"Why don't you just run up to the cell phone tower and jump?" She could almost feel the shrug that the other voice was exuding, even though her own shoulders held still. The feeling sent a shiver down her spine. "Cut your losses and stop her from ever hurting anyone again."

"She's better than that, and you and I both know that." Her feet never stopped moving as she seemed to just stroll away from the scene as if nothing had happened. As if there had been no shout, no tears, no sadness, no fear.

In the darkness, in the solitude, with that nagging sound buzzing around her ear, a single word turned into a single thought. "Am I even me anymore?"

((Jaquard Broughten continued in Shore Leave.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler T-Fox. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
selphie_trabia†

Tiffany blinked. She wasn't sure what had just happened. One moment, Jackie was rolling on the ground, but when her gaze shifted towards Quincy and back again, the other girl was gone! She blinked again, just to make sure, and turned her attention to Quincy.

He brought back a weapon and while it wasn't exactly the best weapon, it showed that he wasn't completely useless. She burst into tears, throwing her arms around Quincy's neck and hugging him tight.

"Oh Quincy! I was so scared! He was pointing the gun at me... He wanted to shoot me! I was so scared!" she babbled.

Slowly, she loosened her grip on him, wiping her eyes as she continued, looking down at the ground, "Sorry... sorry... I was just so scared... I didn't know if I could shoot him..."

She looked up at Quincy, partially to show him her tear-stained face, partially to gauge his reaction to her outburst.

"What... what happened? Why did you go?" she asked.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Quince still felt the blood pounding in his chest. It was just like boxing, the rush he felt from the action. He controlled his breathing, willing himself to keep calm, but it was difficult. He'd probably killed a guy, fought another, and stood up to a third who had a gun, while he was only armed with a golf club. Now, all that was over, but he had an attractive girl clinging to him, sobbing into his chest.

As Tiffany looked up at him, tears running down her face, she looked so cute. Part of him wanted to just kiss her there and then, release all the nervous energy that had been built up in anticipation of taking out Bill. But part of him felt guilty about leaving her in the first place.

"Sorry, just had to go deal with something. I ran into some trouble, had to take a couple of guys down. Got the club, came back, and you know the rest" She felt so good next to him, feeling the warmth of her body pressed against him. He could just take her now. "It won't happen again."
selphie_trabia†

Quincy's explaination of his wherabouts seemed to satisfy Tiffany. She pulled back from her tight hug, then shook her head.

"Jackie was here too. The one with the funky name." she said, "She was rolling around on the ground and screaming her head off, like she was having a fit. When I looked at her again, she disappeared."

Tiffany shuddered, "We should get off this mountain. It's too weird. Let's go somewhere safe, just you and me, okay?"

She smiled at Quincy, an uneasy smile, even as she started packing her stuff up, bending over to zip some of the bags up. She pulled two of them onto her shoulders and handed Quincy the gun.

"You should take this. You probably know how to use it better than me. I can use the club." she said.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

"Let's go somewhere safe, just you and me, okay?"

Was he hearing right? Quincy wasn't used to this sort of success, and there was still Felicia to worry about. Tiffany did seem nervous, though. Hell, that made sense, given where they were, what they had just been through.

He eagerly took the gun. "Thanks, boss." He held it in his hands, feeling the weight of it, getting used to the feel, turning it over and over. There was something truly hypnotic about the power of a gun like this. The idea that all he had to do was point it, pull the trigger, and somebody would be dead. If he'd kept the gun, the fight with Mike would have been a lot quicker. Bang, bang, you're dead.

He snapped back to here and now. "Are you sure about this, taking the club yourself?" He'd already killed somebody, and was worried that Tiff wouldn't be the best able to wield it as a weapon. Maybe the gun would be the better option for her. But he didn't want to give it up. "Okay, let's go." He handed his prize over to her, and made his way down the path.

((Quincy Jones Cont'd in Facile Princeps))
selphie_trabia†

Tiffany lifted the golf club. She'd played golf before, so she did know how to use it, though not as a bat. Her grip on the weapon wasn't too bad, though.

"I think I can manage." she murmured.

Picking up the lighter bags, she followed Quincy, sticking close to his side.

((Tiffany continued in Facile Princeps.))

Return to “The Mountain”