"Grace" Under Pressure

These are the woods that run in a narrow band which separates the mansion from the residential district. Closer to the mansion, the woods have a more manicured look, as though the trees were culled and planted in such a way as to maximize aesthetics, though they have had clearly not been cared for in a while.
armeggedonCounselor†

Post by armeggedonCounselor† »

Janet cursed under her breath as she missed disarming the boy again. She was about to swing down again when Jay ran out from behind the tree, screaming about how they need to just stop fighting. She turned to glare at him, but softened up inwardly when she saw just how frantic he was. It was pitiful.

Then the boy on the ground spoke up. He demanded that Jay leave his gun behind, and then he would let them leave. Janet looked down at him, bloody mess that he was, and snorted.

"You'll let us leave? Don't be so presumptuous. Not only are you the one who is injured, but there are two of us and one of you. How's this for an idea. You leave your gun here, and we'll let you escape with your life. Considering the circumstances, I think that's the best offer you're ever going to get."

She lowered the hockey stick to the ground. "Or I could just kill you now, and get it over with."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Jay couldn't believe it. He stared down at the boy, blinking tears out of his eyes, his thoughts thrown into a blind panic. He'd expected Janet to object. The kid not so much. Jay looked down at the gun in his had, instinctively raising it to point in the direction of the downed boy. His stomach began doing flips. He wouldn't be able to miss at this range. He kept his finger stuck out, as far away from the trigger as he could.

"Are you fucking nutty...?" He whispered, barely able to control his amazement. The kid was on the ground, a gun and a bat pointed at his head. And he wasn't just threatening Jay. He was asking for reparations. Was he psychotic? Jay had never imagined psycho's could be so god damn stupid, especially when it was down to the wire. It was inhuman, terrifying to see. He couldn't even begin to imagine what Maxwell Lombardi or Clio Gabriella were like at this point, what with fifteen fucking kills between them. Janet snorted in a mixture of disbelief and disgust. He felt himself physically wincing at the noise. His dreams of everyone giving up and walking away were crumbling around him. He needed to think. He needed something to stay, something good and meaningful. Better then 'Let's not fucking kill each other'.

"You'll let us leave? Don't be so presumptuous. Not only are you the one who is injured, but there are two of us and one of you. How's this for an idea. You leave your gun here, and we'll let you escape with your life. Considering the circumstances, I think that's the best offer you're ever going to get."

His eyes darted back to Janet, panic rising in him. Janet had listened, but she had ulterior motives. Not exactly bad motives- he would be infinitely more relieved if the only one doing the gun pointing was himself- but there was no way in hell the boy would understand much less agree.

"Or I could just kill you now, and get it over with."

This wasn't insanity and it wasn't hell. It was something far worse. Jay had fallen asleep and woken up on trigger happy island with a bunch of psychopathic replicas of his classmates. Not weeks before they'd been bitching about final grades, now decapitations were abundant and blowing someone's brains out seemed to be the most rational solution to any given problem. He'd been given a gun. He'd nearly killed someone, and he'd seen people do it before his eyes. Some crazy bitch had killed Maria, and Hayley had already killed two people. Jasper and Alex were MIA and he'd fucking ran away from Fatty John and Jojo like a coward. He'd lost his shoe, nearly lost his life back at the fun fair. And now he'd shot someone.

Maybe I'm the crazy one. Maybe I'm the one who can't get it through his thick fucking head that killing people is probably the best course of action. That's some fucking M. Night shit right there. What a twist, I'm the crazy one in the end. I need to get high. I need to get really fucking stoned, and I need to get these two stoned. Then we can all just eat fucking chips, and not blow each others brains out. Who the fuck is this kid? I'm trying to fucking help him!

"I'm trying to save your life! Doesn't that fucking mean something? What the fuck drugs are you on!?" He shouted as loud as he could.

He needed to think. He needed to be like Alex, come up with a plan, save the day. But he was a follower, not a leader. He was the stupid stoner who hadn't worked a day in his life, who had no business winning Survival of the Fittest and couldn't create a winning argument against the holocaust.

This can't be happening, this can't be happening. She's gonna kill him. I just know it, I need to stop this, I need to- I need-

"Just get the fuck out of here you fucking idiot! We don't need to do this! Just GO! Run! Run to the hills!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Little Boy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
armeggedonCounselor†

((Posting to save my ass from inactivity. At the last second too.))

Janet's gaze drilled into the boy on the ground. She tuned out Jay's babbling and begging. Her own breath slowed slightly as she waited for the boy to make his next move.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
nowave†

Post by nowave† »

[So sorry for my lateness, busy week. And now, with GMing improved]

There was a moment. A scant half second. His eyes met her's and the woods fell silent. There was nothing, not a sound. He looked up at the girl. She looked down at him. Their eyes met for that singular moment. Neither found a trace of mercy in the other.

David lunged forwards suddenly, bringing the gun up. At the same time Janet raised the hockey stick. He fired the gun. The hammer impacted, igniting the powder and propelling the lump of metal forward at a rate faster than the eye could process. The lump of metal flew through the air, going wide of her head, passing through the sleeve of her shirt and tearing a mark but missing flesh by a hair's breadth. The lump of metal passed through the leaves and trees of the forest and into the air. It flew upwards at a rapid speed before burying itself in the chest of a bird. The bird plummeted out of the sky and landed on the roof of the mansion, unseen by anyone.

Before David could reaim the hockey stick came down on his elbow, shattering the bones easily. He screamed. The noise was ragged and angry, like a wounded animal. He looked at her with nothing but hate and psychotic cruelty. Swinging the gun at her, the movement in his arm causing impossible agony. He tried to fire again, but the bullet went utterly wild. It buried itself in the bark of a tree 300 meters away.

The hockey stick came down on him again, this time to his face. His jaw shattered easily and he was flung off his feet, collapsing on his side. He screamed as the fall impacted on his arm, adding to the litany of pain he was experiencing. In some cold distant part of his brain, he was aware that he'd pissed himself. He was going to die. That same part of him, as though it were coming awake from a deep sleep.

"You were wrong."

It came from that cold distant part. That part that had been scared into fearful silence when he'd first shot the girl. "No one is watching you. You did this for no one but yourself."

He howled in despair and somehow, forced himself to wildly swing his arm towards her, his eyes filled with hatred and pain and fear. He fired once. It went wide. Again. Only this time, there was no flare of light, no burst of sound. The hammer struck empty.

Suddenly David felt very cold and very alone. He seen Janet raising the hockey stick. He felt the yawning emptiness of the universe above him.

It came down, at an angle, impacting him in the temple.

David Matson saw and felt no more.

{B-029 - Matson, David - DECEASED}
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler nowave. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
armeggedonCounselor†

Janet stared down at him, feeling the rage boil. He moved quickly- she barely had time to raise the stick before the gun went off. Fortunately, his aim was off. She swung the stick down hard on his elbow, feeling it break sickeningly under the force of the blow. She expected it to end there, but was surprised by the boy's tenacity as he swung the gun around and fired- another miss. She swung the stick into his face- no mercy.

The boy sprawled back, his jaw hanging loose and blood streaming from his mouth and nose. Again the boy found something deep inside, and forced himself up, firing again. Except this time, a dull clunk was all the sound that emanated from the gun. She smiled coldly and stepped forward, feeding off the despair in the boy's eyes. She swung again, feeling the boy's skull break under the force of the stick. He hit the ground, blood streaming from his eyes now too. She swung down again, and again, and again. The boy's face was unrecognizable now, with parts of his brain exposed. She stopped, staring down breathing heavily.

She turned to look at Jay, who was certainly horrified by this point. It was then she realized that her shoulder was screaming in pain.

"OW! What the?"

She grasped her shoulder, pulling her hand away to find it sticky and red with blood. Her blood.

"O-oh."

She shivered and stumbled away from the body.

"I-I guess I got hit. I-I don't think i-it's too bad."

She dug into her daypack, looking for her first aid kit. She needed to bandage her arm. God dammit. She was so shaken. Dammit. Dammit.

"DAMMIT!"

She screamed in rage, in fear, in disgust at herself. Her fist slammed into a tree, eliciting a wince and a bit lip. She took a deep breath, then looked at Jay.

"C-can you help me with this?"

God dammit. Her voice sounded so meek, so... pathetic.
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Jay couldn't believe the balls on the kid. He wasn't going to let it go. He wasn't going to turn tail, run off into the woods. It wasn't going to be a picture perfect storybook ending, unless he acted.

He was trying, so hard. But he couldn't think. He couldn't think of anything. The boy wasn't budging. Janet wasn't budging. And despite a gun just a few inches away, Jay wasn't afraid. He was terrified, yes. But not for himself. He was trying at least.

But that doesn't count for anything, it never did. Who gives a fuck if I gave it my best, we're still all fucked in the ass at the end of the day! Just calm down Jay, just think. Get him out of here or else- or else-

But there was nothing. He wanted to cry. He might HAVE been crying in fact. He had no idea what to do, his last desperate plan had failed him. His gun hung limp at his side, his eyes widened darting back and forth between the others. Someone was going to die, and it was going to be his fault.

Fu-

And then silence was ripped apart.

The boy's gun was up, and Janet's wiped the hockey stick down, catching him on the elbow. The shot went wide. Jay began screaming, dropping his gun to the forest floor.

FUCK NO!

The gun came around again, another explosion deafening him. He flinched back, his hands going to his ears, his fingers yanking his toque down over them. Another miss. The stick came down again, catching the boy in the face. His jaw twisted unnaturally and Jay felt his guts churn.

OH HOLY FUCK NO.

But the boy wasn't finished. With one last surge he propelled himself up, pointing the gun directly at Janet-

NO NO NO

There was a click. Empty. The hockey stick came down, colliding with the side of the boys' head. He collapsed in a heap, still and silent forever more. And then Janet took a step forward, raising the stick again. Jay's face drained of all color. He reached out, desperately, his voice high, riddled with emotion.

"Janet- Janet NO!"

But it was no use. She brought down the stick, again and again, over and over, down on what had once been the boy's head. And Jay couldn't do anything except watch. Stand there, his hands on his head, struggling to keep his lunch down. It was horrific, the most terrifying thing he'd ever witnessed. Worse then back at the fair, worse then Maria. They'd been already dead. But now the boy- he hadn't even learned his name. He was gone, right in front of him. And he'd watched.

He'd shot him.

This can't be fucking happening, this can't be fucking happening!

Jay became aware that Janet had stopped, dropping the stick to the ground. The blonde haired beauty stepped back, clutching her shoulder. She'd been shot. Jay's wide eyes flickered back from her to what had once been a boy. His mouth hung open, his hands still on his head, his toque now off. He ran his hands through his tangled brown hair pulling at it in desperation. One of the bullets had hit her after all. But she wasn't crying, no. Janet bent down, scrambling to find a medkit- yelling for assistance.

Jay hesitated, his eyes flickering back and forth between the pair, shakes running through his body.

Holy fuck. That's going to be me. If I'm not careful, if I-... That coulda' been me. He coulda' gotten both of us, by the tree. Now he's dead, but we're still alive. Jesus fuck. That's gonna be me if I don't smarten up. Back at the fair, I was panicking, Teo coulda' shot me. He had a gun too, but look at what happened...

"Janet... Janet, oh my God. What have you done?" He finally managed to say, through chattering teeth. "Jesus fuck. He's dead. He's not getting up again. Janet, holy fuck. Why didn't he listen? I told him to run."

Jay turned towards Janet, face white with fear, fingers pulling at his hair. He blinked, struggling hard to keep back tears.

Oh my God. I'm a murderer. I said it was easy before- I- oh my God, I'm going to hell. Jesus, I just stood there. I just stood there and watched, he was sick he- he didn't listen, it's not a joke it's...

"I told him to run, and he tried to kill us. He tried to KILL us! You heard me right? I told him to run and he- Holy fuck! Holy FUCK! He's dead! You killed him, just like that!"

It was surreal. His heart was pounding, his brain was firing every which way, his thoughts scattered. Jay felt as if he was falling apart at the seams.

Can't play the game, don't want to die, don't deserve to live, don't wanna die, can't be serious and I can't play the game and I couldn't fucking thing and now he's fucking dead all because I SHOT HIM.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Little Boy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
armeggedonCounselor†

Jay was flipping the fuck out. Janet snarled, rising and turning on him.

"CALM THE FUCK DOWN!" She screamed, getting right into his face. "You didn't do anything. The only one here who has any blame in this kill is me, so calm down and help me!"

She backed up, turning back to the day pack. "I'm shaking too much to focus on this. I need your help." She looked up at him, allowing some pleading to enter her eyes. "Please."
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Janet stomped her way over to him, and for a split second Jay was sure he was about to become corpse number two on the ground. Snarling she leaned in close, yelling straight into his face as he flinched back.

"CALM THE FUCK DOWN!"

THAT'S COUNTERPRODUCTIVE!

"You didn't do anything. The only one here who has any blame in this kill is me, so calm down and help me!"

Jay shook his head vigorously, shakes running through his body. He jabbed his finger towards what had once been the boy. He was fed up. Tired of cowering for once. He was tearing up and he reached up with his sleeve, angrily wiping the tears away.

"Fuckit! Did you see what just happened?! I shot him! That's the only reason he stopped, because I clipped him in the fucking ear! I'm not calming down! Everyone has been acting so fucking crazy here! Back at the faire, kids, they just up and tried to kill us, just like that! How the FUCK does that make any sense? How the fuck did they go nutty so fast!? It's like they were all just waiting for Danya to stick a buncha' collars on us! People like fuckin' Lombardi, they've been killing people since the get go! So I shoot someone, and instead of people panicking, you're all treating it like it's completely normal! That's bullshit! I SHOT SOMEONE, IT'S A BIG DEAL! People getting- just, holy SHIT!"

Anger suddenly took hold of him. Letting out a sudden shout of rage, Jay ran over to the corpse, kicking it violently in the side, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"FUCK."

Thump.

"THIS."

Thump.

"YOU'RE ALL."

Thump.

"FUCKING."

Thump.

"CRAZY."

Jay kicked the corpse in the side once more before letting out one final scream of rage. And then, he was done. Panting and sweating, and feeling ashamed of himself.

Well that accomplished fuck all. I'm still going to die. All messy like. This fucking sucks. Fucking Danya. Fucking Bayview. I should have dropped out! Then at least I'd be alive!

Jay turned back to Janet, his face turning red with embarrassment. He rubbed the back of his head, letting out a sigh.

"I...Sorry. I'll help. I- Just one sec. I'll get the med kit, just hold on."

Jay hurried over to the bag, grabbing out the medkit.
armeggedonCounselor†

Janet was not very surprised at Jay's minor breakdown. She felt like doing the same, screaming her rage at the world and freaking out over everything. The thing was... she knew that if she allowed herself to go down that road, she would die. The only way to win was to win over her own fear. Well... not getting shot was important as well.

With his frustration at the ludicrous nature of the recent events vented, Jay finally turned to help her. He approached her, brandishing the Medkit.

"Give me a moment."

She pulled her shirt off, wincing as the blood soaked fabric rubbed across the open wound. She was not happy about the holes in this shirt. It had been one of her favorites.

"Make sure you clean the wound first. I don't want an infection."
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

The medkit retrieved, Jay looked through the contents, his hands trembling. He didn't know why he was doing it to be honest. Janet had just killed a boy, right in front of his eyes. She was dangerous. She'd killed before. There was no doubt in his mind. When it came down to the wire, Janet would play every time. But that wasn't why he was shaking. He simply didn't want to fuck up. It was scaring him, just how quick he'd jumped to her aid. Wasn't she the bad one? It didn't make any sense. Nothing made sense anymore.

What the fuck is all this shit for? Aren't you supposed to just put a bandage on, leave it at that? Fuckshit. I always just left the fuckin' doctoring to the people who actually knew what they were doing. What am I even doing. I shouldn't be helping her. I'm going to do more harm then good.

Jay fidgeted, casting one last glance over to the broken corpse of the boy. He wanted to ask Janet, ask if she knew who he was. Not that it mattered now.

Fuck. His parents probably watched that.

Guilt swept over him, and with a shake of his head he refocused to the task at hand. Pulling out some alcohol wipes and dressing he set them aside as another round of shakes swept through him. He cleared his throat awkwardly looking over towards Janet.

"Give me a moment."

Jay blinked in surprise as Janet yanked off her shirt, exposing the wound. Tossing her bloody and wrecked shirt aside, Janet winced in pain. Jay could feel his face turn red. Turning to the side he picked up the alcohol wipes, ripping the pack open.

Great, I get her shirt off and she's bleeding everywhere. Somewhere in all this, there's a period joke.

"Make sure you clean the wound first. I don't want an infection."

Jay nodded and stifled a nervous laugh at his own thoughts. He brought the wipe up, carefully rubbing it against Janet's arm, wiping the blood away. He prayed to God that Janet knew more about wounds then he did. Otherwise things could turn ugly fast. And if Survival of the Fittest had taught him one thing it was that he was terrible when things got ugly.

I shouldn't be doing this. I don't know anything, I'm just gonna fuck it up. Christ. I am in way over my head. But I can't run away. Fuckin' crap, even after what she did- oh God, my stomach...

Jay struggled to stay focused. He couldn't look at the boy anymore, he just couldn't. His stomach was churning enough as it was, and one more glance would push him right over the edge. And he was sure Janet wouldn't be pleased with him puking all over himself.

"Okay. Okay look. I'm not good at this, just, just letting you know right now, I'm trying. I'll try my best." He mumbled, continuing to swab the wound sight.

"I... The bullets not in there, is it? I- I heard it's worse if it's still stuck in there. In a movie. That's where I think... I..." He trailed off, loosing his train of thought.

This is bad Jay. This is fucking bad.
armeggedonCounselor†

Janet waited patiently for Jay to wipe the alcohol pad against the injury. She steeled herself as he got closer, trying hard not to lose her cool over the fact that she was shirtless in the presence of the boy she kinda-sorta-maybe liked. She bit her lip as the alcohol pad contacted her skin. It was cold, right up until it touched the wound. Whereupon it burned. She winced and flinched slightly, trying to keep her arm still.

Jay said something about the bullet, and how it would be bad if it were in the wound. Janet shook her head.

"I-it didn't directly hit. If it had, I would be unable to move my arm at all. It just grazed it, that's all. I believe the next step is to take a gauze pad and place it on the wound, then wrap it with the bandages."
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Jay nodded as Janet talked, reaching for the gauze pad in the med kid. Awkwardly, trying not to fumble and drop it, he placed it against her arm, breathing a sigh of relief. As hard as he dared, Jay pressed it against her arm, before reaching for the bandages.

" 'course. Okay. Okay, I think I can do this. I think I remember, f- from gym class." He mumbled as he rolled the bandage around the arm.

"Tight, but not too tight. That good? Not hurting you, right?"

This is fucking ridiculous. You just watched her. She just killed that kid. You need to run away Jay. Where's the coward in you when you need him?

Jay belatedly noticed he was staring at Janet's chest. His eyes darted away even as his face turned red. He reached back in the med kit for a safety pin.

"I'll uhm. I'll pin it, so it doesn't fall off- or yeah."

Fuck fuck fuckity, fuck. Now is not the time Jay. Really. Leave her. Run away, this isn't about being a coward. That's the SMART thing to do. REALLY. Just- just say. "Janet. I have to go." And get the fuck out, before something else happens, like her killing more of your classmates. Or YOU. She's going to kill you, don't you get that you stupid fuck?

But.. She just got shot. That's real fuckin' mature. That's really manly, really, what's the word? Really shows my merit as a human being. Yeah, I deserve to survive. I ran away from the bullet wound, the wounded girl. Left her to die yeah, Danya will like that when he meets me. The coward wins Survival of the Fittest, bull fucking shit. The coward always gets shot, so does the stoner and so does the comedian, and I'm all three of those rolled into one giant faggoty-fag sandwich, drenched in fuckin'...- hot sauce.

Finally pinning the wrapping together, Jay leaned back, examining his work. It wouldn't win him any medals, and St. Johns ambulance would probably smack him over the head for his poor response time, but the bandage would serve its purpose. Jay prayed to God that Janet's wound wasn't deep. If she got much worse, he had no idea what would happen to both of them. She was the rational one, the brains and the brawn. He was... The disposable one.

"So... so what now?" He asked, clearing his throat and looking at his companion.

You are going to regret this Jay. You are going to die, and you are so totally going to deserve it...
armeggedonCounselor†

Janet looked over at the haphazard bandage. It wasn't pretty, but it would serve its purpose. She stretched her shoulder, grimacing at the limited movement. She would be unable to make effective use of her given weapon. Her eyes strayed to the dead boy. Or, more importantly, to the gun lying by his useless hand. And the daypack he was currently lying on. She stood, thinking about her response to Jay.

She picked up the gun, flicking the... whatever it was called open. It was empty, as she had expected. She pulled the boy's daypack around in front of her and began emptying it out. She gathered the food, the water, the medical supplies and, most importantly, the ammunition. She slot six bullets into the chambers of the revolver, shut the... thing, and slid it into her waistband.

"First thing I want to do is find a place to wash up. A river would be better than the ocean, because salt water is rather... not good for cleaning up."

She put her shirt back on, then tossed the rest of her spoils into her daypack.

"So I suppose that we should go toward the swamp. There must be a river that feeds it."
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Jay watched as Janet moved to pick up the boys gun. He tensed up as she opened the chamber, slotting six bullets into each space. His eyes flickered down to his own dropped weapon. Carefully, making sure to not make any sudden movements, he bent down and picked it up, flicking the safety on and stuffing it in his back jean pocket.

Janet turned, holding the revolver. For a split second Jay thought he'd made a terrible mistake, and that the next body laying on the ground would be his. He took a step back, fear in his eyes. And then Janet began to talk, laying out their next plan of attack. Jay breathed a sigh of relief, and let forth a slight chuckle.

So she's not going to kill me. That's an improvement. She likes me more then- then whatsis face. The guy on the ground there.

That's a good thing.

He nodded his head as she spoke, trying to get his thoughts straight. Janet had a gun now. If he wanted to leave, it wouldn't be so simple as walking off and abandoning her. She wouldn't like that, not one bit. And it was painfully obvious to the both of them his utter horror at using his own firearm. Murdering her was out of the question. She was in charge now.

I can't run away anymore. That's not the right thing to do, it can't be the right thing. I ran away from the faire, and look what happened here. I blew that fuckers ear clean off... No. No no, this is bad. I need... Fuck, I really need a blunt is what I need. And Alex. He's probably clear off this Island by now, while Hayley was busy fucking murdering everyone else... Jojo. We gotta find Jojo. He stood up for me, I need to find him.

"Okay. Okay that's, yeah. We'll go that way. I'm right behind you. I just. Look, my one buddy. I kinda lost him early on. If- if we run into him... Y'know. He's good to come with us, right? Jojo. He's a smart guy, he hasn't killed anyone yet." Jay paused, unsure of exactly how to continue.

"That's so weird to say. He hasn't killed anyone 'yet.' Hope he keeps it that way, y'know...? I mean, I've known him most of my life. Lived close my apartment block. If anyone is still keeping their heads this late into things, it'll be him. He's been a lot smarter then me so far."

Jay cleared his throat and picked up his pack. He tossed an uneasy smile Janet's way.

"Okay. Well... Right behind you then."

Stupid Jay. Stupid.

((Jay Holland continues in White Sparrows))
armeggedonCounselor†

"Very well. We'll head in that direction."

With that short reply, Janet gathered her daypack and set off.

((Janet Binachi continued in White Sparrows))

((Short post is short and boring.))

Return to “The Woods: South-Eastern”