血塗れ桜

Bloodstained Cherry Tree; Open, Day 2 Late Afternoon

The art therapy room is located close to the entrance of the hospital itself. This was a considered decision; a large window provides a view of the hospital's front grounds, creating an atmosphere suited to one of the more peaceful therapy rooms. Only the most calm and trusted of patients were allowed to take part in these treatments. Given its location and nature, this would be one of the first things visitors and inspectors saw when they arrived. Now, though, the view of the grounds has turned against the room, with a fallen tree having destroyed the window and its branches breaking into the room, scattering easels along with the drawings and paintings produced by patients across the floor.
CondorTalon

血塗れ桜

Post by CondorTalon »

((Nancy Kyle continued from 幽霊屋敷.))

Nancy panted and gasped as she ran into the art therapy room. She went through the door, pushing it closed behind her. She finally stopped we she put a hand to the wall to steady herself.

Her head was pounding. How many blows to the face had she taken? She didn't know. She was glad there weren't any mirrors in the room; she'd be tempted to go and look into, to see what she'd currently looked like.

That, she already decided, would have been a bad idea.

There was a strong smell of copper in the room, and Nancy turned to see what the source was.

Oh.

She cautiously approached the body of Mitch Settles, examined the scene of the crime for top to bottom.

"You decided this was easier," she stated, matter-of-factly. "I'm not like you."

She shook her head. Looked down. At his gun.

"I can't die yet," she said, "I'm going to, I know. But not yet. Just... not yet."

She took a shaky step forward. And then another. She reached her hands out, prying the gun from the body's fingers. She held the gun in her hands. Her vision blurred, and she wiped her eyes. They fell to his bag, and after a bit of effort she took that too.

She looked around, searching for the camera in the room. Eventually, she found it, and walked up to it.

"Minna-san. Are you watching? I hope so. This is... this is me, okay?" she said, before sniffing, "I'm going to... I'm going to make sure you remember this. Remember me."

She waved her arm toward Mitch's corpse.

"Remember them. Because they're not coming home. Because I'm not coming home. I don't care if you hate me. Just don't forget me. Don't forget us."

Nancy wasn't happy. She was smiling, but she wasn't happy.

In a way, she thought maybe she'd done a small good thing. Sure, it was selfish that she wanted the attention. But she was pleading for the audience not to forget everyone. Not just her. Did that absolve her? Absolutely not, but...

She swallowed, a lump going down her throat.

"That's my... that's my only message. Nancy-chan isn't going to be a nobody."
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

(Jasmine Reed continued from Helvetica Standard.)

She stood in the open doorway, relatively speaking. The door was rotten and it felt like a light breeze could slam it shut. She heard Nancy's voice from the other room. It carried an echo, and Jasmine recognized the voice almost immediately. What little

The first thing Jasmine Reed did when she left the library was vomit. She had not eaten all that much before then so her vomit burned, nothing but stomach acid. The second thing she did was curl up into a ball for a time, hands clutching her head, just trying to control herself. The adrenaline that had laced her veins before left her soon after. It was the same feeling she got when she went a few days without chugging a Monster, just, lax.

The day just flew past. Night turned to day. Jasmine could not recall what she did. Eating? No way. She wouldn't be able to keep anything down, not after what had happened. Guilt, fear, hate, all of it scarred Jasmine, made her numb to it. She didn't feel anything for most of the second day. She heard the announcements but it was all in one ear and out the other.

Jasmine didn't care what happened to her. Someone could have just walked up to her, pressed the muzzle to her temple and fired and she wouldn't have done anything to stop them.

That changed when she ran into Nancy Kyle in the Art Therapy room.

Jasmine did not announce her presence. The girl always had a nasty habit of sneaking up on people. She didn't stare at her like a long lost friend either. It would have been nice, certainly. Nancy Kyle had been her friend since she was a freshman. Part of her wanted to hug Nancy. That had been the plan, too.

But no. She could not abide by the blood. She could not abide by the shape Nancy was in. She could not abide by the fact that she remembered hearing Nancy's name on the announcements. Maybe if the circumstances were different, she could abide.

Jasmine stared at Nancy, a grave stare, eyes wide, lips pursed, brows knitted. The kind that shoots daggers at lightning speed. The kind that could not be father from comforting even if you tried.

Jasmine said nothing. The voice had a few choice words.

"Why is this a surprise to you Jazz? Nancy always had a few screws loose."

... Yeah. Well when you put it like that.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Nancy turned around and almost jumped when she saw Jasmine standing there.

Jasmine. Nancy wanted to smile, to cry out in happiness, but she couldn't. Not after what had happened just downstairs.

Not after seeing Jasmine's face.

She wasn't happy to see her, it was evident. The girl looked at her, like she had just...

...Well.

Nancy still held the gun in her left hand, and the hatchet in her right. Jasmine was standing right there. Nancy could easily.

But she couldn't. Couldn't even think of doing something like that. Because Jasmine wasn't just another name, just another casual acquaintance she could off and only feel slight remorse for.

Because Jasmine was someone Nancy truly cared about. It seemed that that feeling was one-sided right now.

"Jazz."

A statement.

Nancy gulped, her eyes threatening to spill tears.

"Jazzy..."

A plea.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

"Jazzy."

((Caedyn Miller Continued From I've Got No Strings))

The ill-fitting dress clung to her in all the wrong ways. She hated it, but it was a trade up from shit and vomit covered clothing at least. Looking this ridiculous made this meeting even harder though. Three killers: Her girlfriend, her attack dog, and some bitch. Here she was in the middle, without the slightest idea what to do.

When they'd heard the talking, Caedyn had almost suggested they leave. Especially after recognizing Jazzy's voice. Caedyn had heard the announcement after all, she knew what her geeky little lover had done. Pragmatically, it wasn't safe to be around people like that. She should have just walked away and left her to whatever fate she'd bought for herself. Jazzy didn't matter to her anymore than anyone else here.

Except she did. She really did and she hated to admit that.

So here she was, standing in the hall and staring towards the still figure she'd spent so many hours curled up with. Was Oskar still behind her? She'd honestly lost track after she'd made the decision to confront her. Nothing else seemed to matter but figuring out what the fuck was going on here.

"Jazzy?" Her voice came out quite and hesitant this time. It was okay. Just a little vulnerability for the audience, that was all. She wasn't scared. She couldn't be scared. The Cassowary doesn't know fear.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Nancy turned to face her. Jasmine stopped scowling.

The problem with sneaking up on someone from behind is that you can't see their face. Jasmine heard Nancy's voice clear as day but you can only interpret so much with just a voice. When Nancy turned around, when their eyes met, when she saw the tears that were forming in Nancy's eyes...

Her heart flooded. She slouched.

"H - Hey Nancy."

Jasmine normally called her Nan-see-chan back home. There was warmth in Jasmine's voice but the lack of endearment betrayed the fact that, no, Jasmine's guard was not down.

She glanced at the scene in front of her. Things started to fall into place once logic took over. There was no way a *gun* of all things could have done this. She also did not want to believe Nancy could kill anyone but that was besides the point.

She almost apologized, almost. Jasmine did not even know why she wanted to apologize to Nancy. For suspecting her? For making a mean face? Nancy might have killed someone yeah but she was still Nancy. Nancy was a nice girl. What Jasmine caught of her little speech reminded her of her friend, not a murderer.

Plus. Jasmine killed someone too.

"That's different. He pushed you and you pushed back, totally different."

Yeah, you know that. I know that. But does Nancy know that? Does anyone on this island know that?

No. No they do not know that. Nancy does not know that.

Jasmine wanted to hug Nancy then. Normally it was Nancy who was the hugger, Jasmine the huggee. The tables were turned and Jasmine felt awkward. She took a step forward. She nearly dropped her sword.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, don't cry." She tried to smile. It was hard to smile when there was blood covering the floor. "I'm not here to hurt you."

. . .

Somebody called her 'Jazzy', her nickname. The nickname she gave herself. Few people called her by that name, and Nancy was one of them. The other?

She'd recognize that voice anywhere.

Jasmine spun around in the open doorway. Shock registered on her face when she came face to face with Caedyn. She dropped her sword.

"Kay!"

She launched herself at Caedyn. Caught her in a big big hug. Then she kissed her. Kissed her really hard.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

And then someone else was there, and things got kind of awkward.

Nancy knew of Caedyn, of course, mostly in the context that had just presented itself here. Jazz's girlfriend.

She wiped her tears and stood there, her eyes going down to the gun in her hand.

Caedyn wasn't Jazz. Nancy didn't really particularly care about Caedyn. She could have pointed the gun right then and there, aimed it at Caedyn and pulled the trigger and bang, another kill would go to her.

But Jazz was there, and she cared about Jazz and Jazz cared about Caedyn and she couldn't lift the gun up knowing that so many things could go wrong if she did.

So she didn't. She just waited for them to finish their reunion. Nancy wanted to leave, but she didn't want to leave Jazz. She wanted Jazz to come with her, but then Caedyn might come along and that wouldn't work at all.

She groaned. Why'd this have to be so complicated?
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

There were so many things to considered. So many pieces she had to put together to get the whole picture, and someone had just thrown the whole box on the floor with frustration.

Jazz was here, and she was all around her, smothering the sense out of her mind. Jazzy was a murderer, she was covered in blood, she'd even seen the body, and she could just as easily kill her if she wanted to. A rush like that, a kiss, the total paralysis she always put her in, it'd be perfect for it. Not to mention the fact that she was talking to somebody who could come out at any second and kill both of them, or just her, or just Jazz, or....

There was also Oskar. Oskar could see this whole thing and freak out somehow. Or just leave. She needed him, she needed her little attack rat, and he was so unstable. If he flipped out he could just as easily kill her as Jazzy or Mysterious Murderer Number 3, and she was leaving herself completely vulnerable. She hadn't put the pieces together. She had no idea what would happen when they collided.

All the little squares were waiting to be put together in her mind's eye. The only problem was that as she looked down at them, she realized she didn't give a fuck.

She didn't care. Her mind reveled in the mental mess and uncertainty as she wrapped her arms around the smaller girl and pulled her in as tight as she could. All sense and survival instinct melted into their kiss. The rest of the world just wasn't present as long as she had her like this. Maybe she wouldn't even care if she died like this.

It was stupid. So, so stupid. But then so were most of her thirsty decisions. Why break the trend now?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

They were distracted in the middle of a hallway. Nancy was in the other room with a gun in her hand. A camera was pointed right at them. Their reunion could be shattered, mercilessly, at any moment, at any second. None of it mattered though. None of it mattered because Caedyn was here.

That was not to dismiss Nancy. If Caedyn never showed up, if it was just Jasmine and Nancy, they'd embrace, hug it out, maybe cry a little. They would not kiss because Nancy and Jasmine were friends and just that.

Jasmine could sense the brief shock in Kay's body. How her body froze between the time Jasmine's arms looped around her and their lips connected. Was  Caedyn should have expected the kiss honestly. Like, fuck, they were in a life or death situation. Did she seriously expect Jasmine to attack her? Well... She could not blame her for being surprised. Jasmine was just as surprised.

She giggled. It was a light giggle, genuine and light.

"S-Sorry," Jasmine sniffled, trying to wipe the tears out of her face. "I'm sorry Kay, I saw you and I was so excited and - "

She stammered like an idiot, smiled like a moron. Caedyn's hug was tight, her arms strong. Jasmine relaxed in those arms, lowering herself back down, pressing her cheek to her girlfriend's shoulder. She was just so happy she could die.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

...What were they doing? What was she doing?

Was Jazz an idiot? Did she just suddenly forget where they were? She was hugging Caedyn all lovey-dovey, and they were standing in the middle on the hallway. Was she not aware that someone could come up and kill her at any moment?

"You know," Nancy said.

She raised the gun, pointing it right at them.

"You really should pay attention," she continued humorlessly.

Nancy breathed in and then held it.

She wasn't planning on shooting them. But they had to realize that they couldn't just stand around lovestruck.

She put all her weight onto her back foot, and prepared to step back if necessary. Jazz had already killed someone, and she didn't know how she was going to react to having a gun pointed at her face.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Caedyn's eyes narrowed on the gun across the hall as soon as Nancy announced herself. She wasn't going to hurt them. The little nobody was already getting ready to run, and there wasn't any patience for that. She was happy to melt into the role of the lover for a moment, but if Nancy wanted to make her a predator again...

Well she'd be happy to perform.

"Could you not?" Her heart was pounding. Jazzy would be able to feel her tension, her anxiety, but she wouldn't let any of it show to the rodent down the hall. It could be handled easily enough. "We're all killers here. You can, like, spare the fucking theatrics, okay?" Her head cocked backwards towards the stairwell. "I heard you talking. You wouldn't hurt Jazzy, and if you tried to hurt me, there's a boy with a gun downstairs who would get very, very upset." The tight hug she held her girlfriend in helped still the trembling of her body. "Either put that away or get out of here before he sees it. You don't wanna end up like the last girl that threatened us."

People needed to understand their place. Caedyn saw the same sort of uppity look in Nancy's eyes that had been in Oskar's when he told her to leave. Give someone a gun and let them kill a couple people and suddenly they forgot their position in the whole social pecking order. Maybe they thought it was done and now they were at the top.

But obviously she wasn't. If she was, she would have shot them, and she wouldn't be trying to run away. She just wanted to feel like someone important. As if she had authority.

Caedyn would disabuse her of that notion here and now, before it became trouble later. It'd be nice if Oskar would actually turn up to back up her threat though.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Skipping for activity.))

"So?" Nancy replied.

She kept the gun up, because neither of them had moved. They were looking at her now, but neither of them had moved.

"Where is he, then?" she asked, noting that there was a particular lack of gun-toting boy in the vicinity.

Nancy considered the fact that Caedyn was bluffing. She also considered the fact that Caedyn wasn't bluffing. But then, even if she wasn't, this boy. This boy with the gun. Nancy didn't see him.

"But you're right, of course," Nancy continued, lowering the gun. She didn't put it away, because why would she? She kept it visible, but not aimed at them anymore.

"I wouldn't hurt you," she finished, putting great emphasis on the 'I'.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

"I wouldn't hurt you."

Jasmine cocked her head. Was she referring to her? Wait, no, but she was talking to Kay, wasn't she?

Jasmine said, "Look Nancy. You don't have to get defensive. It's just me and Kay. And you won't hurt'cha. And I keep Kay on a short leash, so...!"

Kay was right about the anxiety; Jasmine could feel it. She felt oddly calm, and that oddness was not lost on her. Jasmine could not recall ever seeing a gun with her own two eyes, apart from seeing it on tv or the internet or whatever. She knew Nancy would not hurt her though. But Kay? She wasn't sure about that. Considering the announcement and the gun and the blood, Jasmine was not sure where Nancy's head was. But she knew Nancy would not hurt her. That was important.

Jasmine looked at Nancy. Then she looked up at Kay, smiled.

"She's not good enough, Jazz. I dunno what you see in her."

"Who are you with?" Jasmine asked in a low voice, giving Caedyn's sleeve a cyoot little tug. As much as Jasmine trusted Nancy, she understood that there was a bit of a bluff going on.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Nancy kept asking questions as if she expected answers. Deserved them. That wasn't how this dynamic was going to work. It didn't work back home, and it sure as hell wasn't going to work here, gun or no gun. It was starting to look like some kind of trend: all these uppity little nobodies and clingers who decided now was the time to grow a spine and act like they meant something. It was pretty pathetic, especially 'cuz she'd almost bought into it. Just yesterday morning death had seemed very, very real.

But death was no more real for her here than failure was at home. The system hadn't changed unless people bought into a new one. She was still a winner, and people like Nancy, Jane, and Oskar were still losers. She was still something, and they were still nothing.

Nancy didn't deserve her fear or her respect. Not right now. Jazzy deserved her answer though. One of her hands traced around to the small of her back as she kept her eyes focused into Nancy's. "Downstairs. I'd avoid him if you wanna leave. Oskar's gone a little crazy."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

"Alright," Nancy said.

Nancy shrugged her shoulders, before walking toward them. She slipped past them, toward the entrance.

"Jazz, I'll... see you around, I guess," she said, before walking away.

((Nancy Kyle continued in 棘.))
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

(Skipping Post Order To Exit Thread)

And that was that. The proper order was in place, and they could move on.

She gave Jazz a tight squeeze and a smile once Nancy had left. "C'mon. We should keep moving too, boo." Things were looking way up. Oskar was a wild card that had to be handled delicately, but Jazzy? Jazzy was a known quantity. One that she could definitely work with a lot easier.

A little voice in the back of her head kept reminding her that they couldn't get out of this together. Only one person left. Those were the rules. That was okay, though.

Caedyn was used to only following the rules she liked anyway.

((Caedyn Miller Continued In Forlorn and Forgotten Knowledge))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters

Return to “Art Therapy”