D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Zetsu wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 am They suggested an idea that could easily cause a newbie to reveal their role, while maintaining plausible deniability by not committing to the idea. if fen wanted to speculate on implications of set-up and nothing else, there were definitely ways to say what they said without potentially luring people.
you've lost me
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

I get the newbie luring idea but 1) we have no newbies and 2) if it was a scum strat fen would be better off flavor claiming along with it to lend credibility to the idea, fishing needs bait on the hook and what zetsu is saying is plausible deniability looks more like regular uncertainty to me that does scum no benefit
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

MK Kilmarnock wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:26 pm I'm feeling good about the claim, I'm just whining about the flavor right now. Concerning evil roles... I don't know, actually, just about anything could fit evil, except like, paladin.
I dunno how core we are but there's for sure evil paladins in ye olde editions. In addition to the aforementioned blackguards and anti-paladins.

Miller claim fits the theory we've beaten to death over past games. Does it clear Boogie? Heck no. Is it a thousand times better than claiming Miller next phase? Heck yes!

If scum have safeclaims and Miller is one (or even just feel like rolling the dice) then it can be an okay way to coast under the radar, except that it only works for like a goon or passive role or whatever as there could be any number of trackers, watchers, etc. in play (in fact given tracking's prominence in D&D rules it'd be a very gutsy fake). Moreover, lategame it makes Boogie Public Enemy #1 if everyone else's junk checks out.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Not super seeing the Fenris case and not interested in pursuing first phase in any event given OOC circumstances. I'd like to get Zetsu's response and need to go over stuff with a slightly more focused lens in a little here to see who else stands out to me.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

i’m hearing antipaladin
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Fenris wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:47 pm i mean for reasons on and off the table im not really gonna fight being voted off

im not scum so it would be stupid but im not gonna argue
I 100% know this feel

Yeah, not feeling the Fen lynch either tbh

I am happy to believe boogie
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i would tbh also claim miller day one if i was miller so i cant justifiably judge boogie for it i just want to be mad at him about two games ago for a little longer

UNVOTE

i forgot i hadnt unvoted already tbh

also pls dont not vote for me because you feel bad re: irl stuff bc irl stuff will probably be ongoing for most if not all of this game and i dont get to win mafia by pity lmao

i Am interested @ zetsu atm for guilty meta reasons aka i know she generally feels strongly about not bothering people for irl stuff so i find it odd that she'd swing at me from such a weak angle? it strikes me as mildly out of character tho it could also just be that zetsu is aggressive in general and she went for the first potential weak spot she saw which is fair enough, not like the party's poppin off much yet
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Jace

Post by Jace »

A discord message to let me know the game had started would've been extremely helpful, ngl
Jace

Post by Jace »

I'm doing a certification course then I'll do a read and start participating. I honestly haven't been on the site in a few days so my bad fam
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i mean, if it's the newbie thing that y'all are getting hung up on, consider that it's not just
Fenris wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:47 am i Am interested @ zetsu atm for guilty meta reasons aka i know she generally feels strongly about not bothering people for irl stuff so i find it odd that she'd swing at me from such a weak angle? it strikes me as mildly out of character tho it could also just be that zetsu is aggressive in general and she went for the first potential weak spot she saw which is fair enough, not like the party's poppin off much yet
yep

(im prodding with whatever i got. tis a baby scumread. also, attacking ppl for ooc stuff remains a big no-no for me. i'm attacking you for strictly in-game stuff.)

stonewall/chainsaw defense from boogie is an alright look from him if fen is scum--it's a bit of a gutsy play for scum imo, though boogie is also plenty capable of that.

mild side-eye at all the people (read: goose) who chimed in late on not being into the fen case--cheap, no-risk, bandwagony participation. Technically MW counts as late too but his play is too proactive as scum for me to scumread him for that.

@Goose: thoughts on boogie?
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:12 am stonewall/chainsaw defense from boogie
i love this phrasing but i also have absolutely no idea what it means
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

boogie threw the first brick at stonewall. the only real ally
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

lmao
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Fenris wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:47 am also pls dont not vote for me because you feel bad re: irl stuff bc irl stuff will probably be ongoing for most if not all of this game and i dont get to win mafia by pity lmao
Fear not, my reluctance stems from not seeing a case and the general day-oneness of it. If/when I think you're scum I'll be right there for it. ><

I do have some slight suspicion towards Goose not for the Fenris defense but for the interaction with the mass-claim idea. There's some playing both sides—"Let's not do this but also Fenris is right and it's no biggie." It's a soft discouragement, which ducks a bit of the responsibility.

Condor, meanwhile, does some prodding of roles in a way that quietly goes "I'm not scum, guys! Honest!" and doesn't need to. It's been a while and I forget if that's in-character, especially as quiet as it is.

Decoy only has a joke post. Would love to see more soon!

Randomness' single post I like fairly well in terms of game engagement from a latecomer, getting right down to brass tacks and not being afraid to complicate the narrative.

I like Ricky's stronger stance and also that his vote just so happened to land on me. Some of the fluff speculation I'm less sure of.

Boogie's play looks very good for what he's claimed. Deamon's reaction also strikes me as good (obviously this means he's scum, since I always scumread him as town [beep beep joke alert that was a joke]).

This wasn't intended to become most of a readlist but /shrug there we go, further musings later (tomorrow).
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

The vote on you is solely a joke phase vote so let's just go ahead and UNVOTE that for now. I know it's useless at this point but I HAVE to at least get the words in that I think we'd be more likely to deal with a blackguard or anti-paladin than an evil paladin. And did ye olde editions really have evil paladins? (Again, blackguard and anti-paladin don't count)

Back to stuff that actually matters: We've got a miller claim from Boogie which as it's been noted several times before (including from myself), if there was a time to claim it, now's the time to claim it. It's also Boogie. I'm in the middle of doing the math on how likely a miller is in a 12-man setup so get back to me on that one but for claiming it right off the bat with no provocation, it looks good. Fen's suggestion about the mass flavorclaim is HORRIBLE in my opinion but I buy Zetsu's explanation even less. See, I know what my response to that would have been but I wanted to hear what Zetsu would say (remember that?) and... well, it wasn't that.

The response right after pretty much sums it up: "What newbie?"

Return to “Mafia”